We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Using hibiscus in your brew Options

BundleflowerPower
#1 Posted : 7/31/2016 5:17:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hibiscus is amazing with ayahuasca. Even if I take it with rue only or with caapi it produces visions. Originally, the first time I tried hibiscus and aya was at a ceremony, and my friend had brought a huge jug of hibiscus tea, which she shared with me. And for the past for days I've been taking a tincture I made with harmal, and yesterday I took hibiscus with it along with Yerba Santa, to work on my 2nd chakra, and an interesting experience.

Another positive thing about hibiscus as it relates to ayahuasca, is that it transmutes the taste, the taste is transformed into something different, much easier to stomach.

Right now I'm making a brew with Syrian rue, home grown chacruna, yaupon and hibiscus. I post an update after I consume.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Intezam
#2 Posted : 8/1/2016 11:25:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 8/1/2016 2:04:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, i sometimes drink hibiscus tea. It has a nice taste, realy refreshing. But hibiscus is very rich in tannins as well, so too much probably makes it harder for the stomach. Tannins are a mild MAOI, so maybe that explains the effects you felt.

BundleflowerPower
#4 Posted : 8/3/2016 12:50:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
What kind was it? The (cold drink) one, the thick fleshy sepal one we call karkadé (كركديه‎‎)?

Just the dried flowers.

BundleflowerPower
#5 Posted : 8/3/2016 12:53:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So the brew was pretty good, I actually entered a state best discribed as some sort of tantric meditation, where I was in a trance, and kundalini energy just kept shooting up over and over again.

chocobeastie
#6 Posted : 9/17/2016 3:20:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good tip! I bet the flowers would work nicely in Changa too!

BundleflowerPower
#7 Posted : 11/15/2016 11:27:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Btw, hibiscus allows you to access the language center of the mind somehow. It can show you the inner workings of the matrix of control and fear that's built by the false personality as we grow up and into adulthood, at least in my experience.

Cognitive Heart
#8 Posted : 11/15/2016 11:45:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
Btw, hibiscus allows you to access the language center of the mind somehow. It can show you the inner workings of the matrix of control and fear that's built by the false personality as we grow up and into adulthood, at least in my experience.

How true is this really? Hibiscus is a nice plant to consume but this statement befuddles me. Hibiscus is beneficial for its health and well-being promoting effects but how is hibiscus interacting with the language center of the brain other then what ayahuasca is already doing? Surprised

In most of my experiences with hibiscus sabdariffa there was some mild psychedelic activity with cannabis mixed but not much on its own.

'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Chan
#9 Posted : 11/16/2016 1:20:53 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

The Yoga of Herbs, Frawley & Lad wrote:
Hibiscus flowers are sacred to Ganesh, the god of wisdom who destroys all obstacles and grants the realization of all goals, who dwells in the first or root chakra. They help make mantras fruitful, give siddhis (occult powers) and enhance meditation.

Worth a shot, surely? Smile
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

Cognitive Heart
#10 Posted : 11/16/2016 7:37:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fascinating quote. Smile Meditation and hibiscus definitely has a synergy.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Intezam
#11 Posted : 11/17/2016 10:05:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chan wrote:
Hibiscus flowers are sacred to Ganesh, the god of wisdom who destroys all obstacles and grants the realization of all goals, who dwells in the first or root chakra. They help make mantras fruitful, give siddhis (occult powers) and enhance meditation.

Hibiscus is a large genus, ranging from shrubs to large trees.

Red hibiscus flower as used in Durga/Ganesh puja. These are not the same as the hibiscus commonly sold as tea.

Hibiscus sabdariffa as (commonly) used in tea (...the flowers themselves are not used for tea)

Instead the jester hat loike calyces are used for tea and sharbat....

BundleflowerPower
#12 Posted : 11/17/2016 1:11:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cognitive Heart wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:

How true is this really? Hibiscus is a nice plant to consume but this statement befuddles me. Hibiscus is beneficial for its health and well-being promoting effects but how is hibiscus interacting with the language center of the brain other then what ayahuasca is already doing? Surprised

In most of my experiences with hibiscus sabdariffa there was some mild psychedelic activity with cannabis mixed but not much on its own.

Idk how true it is for anyone else, but ive had had some interesting experiences with hibiscus in this regard

BundleflowerPower
#13 Posted : 11/17/2016 1:12:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chan wrote:

That's another thing, it's amazing for the root chakra as well

BundleflowerPower
#14 Posted : 11/17/2016 1:17:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:

Just the dried flowers.

Perhaps we should not yet find out which one was being talked about???[/quote]

I was referring to the red variety commonly sold as an an herb in the US. Although I've noticed a white one growing along the river by my house. Perhaps I'll take a walk and collect some this morning.

Intezam
#15 Posted : 11/18/2016 7:43:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If the bits get rather fleshy after soaking/boiling, then it is the jester roselle. Given the amount of magnesium and its natural acidity and vitamin C, perhaps some sort of harmaline to THH reduction could be going on? We shall try it with rue alone....Thumbs up

BundleflowerPower
#16 Posted : 11/23/2016 6:16:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
If the bits get rather fleshy after soaking/boiling, then it is the jester roselle. Given the amount of magnesium and its natural acidity and vitamin C, perhaps some sort of harmaline to THH reduction could be going on? We shall try it with rue alone....Thumbs up

So did you try it with the rue?

Intezam
#17 Posted : 12/4/2016 7:40:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

not yet Bundleflower, still waiting for a right moment Razz

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 12/4/2016 5:54:27 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Intezam wrote:
[..] Given the amount of magnesium [...] and vitamin C, perhaps some sort of harmaline to THH reduction could be going on? [...]

if hibiscus contained Metallic magnesium, it would indeed make an interesting changa addition Big grin
The THH conversion might be produced by the vitamin C, at a push.

It might be worth considering how hibiscus interacts with the cytochrome P450 metabolic enzyme systems, amongst others.

All that considered, I'll be taking another look at hibiscus myself. Years ago I got snobbishly bored of generic 'fruit teas' based on hibiscus and flavouring. Seems like I threw out the baba with the bathwater Very happy

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

BundleflowerPower
#19 Posted : 12/6/2016 5:07:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Intezam wrote:
[..] Given the amount of magnesium [...] and vitamin C, perhaps some sort of harmaline to THH reduction could be going on? [...]

if hibiscus contained Metallic magnesium, it would indeed make an interesting changa addition Big grin
The THH conversion might be produced by the vitamin C, at a push.

It might be worth considering how hibiscus interacts with the cytochrome P450 metabolic enzyme systems, amongst others.

All that considered, I'll be taking another look at hibiscus myself. Years ago I got snobbishly bored of generic 'fruit teas' based on hibiscus and flavouring. Seems like I threw out the baba with the bathwater Very happy

There's definately something with hibiscus, even just taken alone. When I said it had some kind of effect on the language center of my mind, at that time I was in a really strange place mentally. I had met a girl maybe a year before hand, and my interaction with her led to my heart chakra opening, and then in short order all of my chakras opened. By that point my mind was resisting all of this, so on the one hand, I was feeling all of this divine energy, and on the other, my mind was overactive trying to put labels on everything I was experiencing, which led to quite crazy things happening. My mind was in such disorder that I really didn't know what was going on. It seemed as my mind had been taken over by an evil entity dead set on driving me insane. One day during this period, which was about a year ago, I drank some hibiscus tea, and what happened was, all of the thoughts I was having suddenly became visual, I could see them as words. Hibiscus sort of showed me how to deconstruct the entire matrix of these thoughts, although I soon forgot how again. But I think it's interesting.

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 12/6/2016 8:32:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

So, I found a reasonably nice hibiscus-based fruit tea in my tea cupboard and have been having a cup or two each day while remaining open and mindful. There is something to it as you say but given the citrus peel content and my non-standard enzyme profile, it'll be better to compare some pure hibiscus once obtained.

That said, it does feel very grounding and brings a reality back to my sometimes slightly depersonalised world, straightening out the sometimes crazy-making states of cognition to which I subject myself!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

12NEXT