We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Changa on Wikipedia Options

chocobeastie
#1 Posted : 5/30/2016 12:58:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changa_%28drug%29

This new wikipedia article has been up there a month :-)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 1/17/2017 4:11:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The article is quite weak, almost like a definition in a dictionary. Heck I use more words when I describe it to people in person. It also seems inaccurate.

Containing extracts from acacia trees? As far as I know only acacia confusa contains enough DMT for someone to be actually bothered to do an extraction, yet most people extract it from mimosa since it has a higher yield.

Stronger effects? How can it be if it's 20-50% DMT? That would make it twice as less potent than freebase DMT.

The wiki on this place seems to cover it pretty well, on the other hand. It should at least have one picture too.

This article deserves to grow, so better find someone with experience to help it improve. I tried but supposedly they don't credit the nexus and erowid as reliable sources.

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 1/18/2017 12:15:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

awesomeusername wrote:

The article is quite weak, almost like a definition in a dictionary. Heck I use more words when I describe it to people in person. It also seems inaccurate.

Containing extracts from acacia trees? As far as I know only acacia confusa contains enough DMT for someone to be actually bothered to do an extraction, yet most people extract it from mimosa since it has a higher yield.

Stronger effects? How can it be if it's 20-50% DMT? That would make it twice as less potent than freebase DMT.

The wiki on this place seems to cover it pretty well, on the other hand. It should at least have one picture too.

This article deserves to grow, so better find someone with experience to help it improve. I tried but supposedly they don't credit the nexus and erowid as reliable sources.

The article Looks good to me...Im fairly certian that it will be growing in time. As far as giving an accurate description of the basics, I think it does the job quite well.

many acacia species are suitable for extraction.

The "stronger" effects could be due to the harmala alkaloids present, which would function mildly as mono amine oxidase inhibitors, as well as mild psychoactive agents. In other cases it could be due to specific herbs with potential potentiating properties. Though this is speculation on my part, as I have not looked into this.

-eg

MaNoMaNoM
#4 Posted : 1/24/2017 9:02:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems like a false statement..... "Invented in Australia in the early 2000s"
wasn't Terence Mckenna talking about smoaking DMT like a long time ago.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

jiva
#5 Posted : 1/24/2017 9:09:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MaNoMaNoM wrote:

Terence talked about smoking dmt, this is about changa

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 1/25/2017 9:38:23 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

MaNoMaNoM wrote:

People were smoking DMT with a plethora of herbs including Caapi since at least the 90's.

The term Changa does seem to originate from Australia but there is quite some controversy about where that name came from. Chocobeastie claims he is the 'inventor' of Changa though there is little support from the Australian community of that time to support that claim, he might have given the blend its name but even that is not 100% sure.

So Changa as a smoking blend was definitely used before the claim of chocobeastie (though not named yet) and he might have given it it's present name. So that Wikipedia article is at least wrong in that invented claim.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

nen888
#7 Posted : 1/25/2017 9:53:10 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..the Traveler is well researched...

the name changa seems to have originated around the time the person who is chocobeastie started publicising it..
but i and others can attest that Johnathon Ott and others were, when in Australia, smoking dmt on caapi leaf in the mid-late 90s..
and the smoking of dmt on various herbs is described in Peter Stafford's late 80s/early 90s Psychedelics Encyclopedia..

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 1/25/2017 8:26:39 PM

"No, seriously"

Oldest post/thread where Changa is mentioned on the DMT-Nexus:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...t.aspx?g=posts&t=211

This was a few months after the DMT-Nexus was started and Changa was already clearly known at that time.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

roninsina
#9 Posted : 1/25/2017 10:08:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was offered changa , by that name, at a Rainbow Gathering in Wyoming in 1994. I'm not sure sure of the precise mixture, but it was DMT infused, leafy plant matter. Maybe they were friends of Chocobeastie idk.Stop
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 1/26/2017 12:20:44 AM

"No, seriously"

roninsina wrote:
I was offered changa , by that name, at a Rainbow Gathering in Wyoming in 1994. I'm not sure sure of the precise mixture, but it was DMT infused, leafy plant matter. Maybe they were friends of Chocobeastie idk.Stop

If what you state is true then this is quickly becoming an embarashing story.

chocobeastie claims to be the 'inventor' of Changa. However in 2016 he stated that he had 15 years of psychedelic experience. With 1994 being 22 years prior to 2016 roninsina's story predates his actual psychedelic experiences and therefor his claim.

If we look at the Wikipedia page we can read that the "Invented in Australia in the early 2000s" reference comes from his own book, making it a less meaningless reference and it can even be seen as marketing a book promotion.

Just a question for you chocobeastie: what makes it so important to let the world know who 'invented' Changa instead of that it was invented at all?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

dreamer042
#11 Posted : 1/26/2017 1:07:21 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I member a lot of talk about changa on Tribe.net back in the daze. I did a google search and the oldest reference to changa that I could find was May 18, 2006.

Here is the actual link:
http://dmt.tribe.net/thr...6-46db-ab8b-29d635b81a82

Since Tribe seems to be down at the moment, the above link isn't very useful, but I was able to pull it up from the google cache:
https://webcache.googleu...en&ct=clnk&gl=us

There were quite a few people smoking DMT with caapi leaves and "caapi clay" as of 2006 on the old DMT tribe and iirc on the old DMT World as well (there was a lot of crossover between these two forums).

I can't speak for where it all began, but by mid 2000's it was already quite well known on the web.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

slewb
#12 Posted : 1/26/2017 1:35:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hrm well in the tribe thread you posted someone claims to have been experimenting with changa for 10 years.

nen888
#13 Posted : 1/26/2017 2:09:03 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..there is as also a Quetchua and/or Shipibo snuff called 'changa', which is powdered caapi leaf with other (probably dmt containing) plants..so that would be probably the origin of that name..

the smoking of caapi leaf in modern times with dmt definitely pre-dates the calling of it Changa in the early 2000s

entheogenic-gnosis
#14 Posted : 1/27/2017 2:29:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm...

I'm sure that since people have been smoking DMT freebase they have been infusing it with plant matter...

Perhaps this was just not a known "thing", or was not widespread until the changa phenomena?

-eg

Jees
#15 Posted : 1/28/2017 8:47:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why is there 20-50% ratio mentioning in that definition as if a 10 or 70 is no changa?

It suggests that deems FB in sandwich method with caapi leaves, or infused caapi leaves for that matter aint changa. Indirecty, the difinition says its ordinary infused leaf while it differs from non maoi infused leaves.

entheogenic-gnosis
#16 Posted : 1/29/2017 1:50:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I found this in an archive of an old issue of the "entheogen review"

This is all from the early 1990s, and makes references to "smokeable ayahuasca" as far back as 1985....

Quote:

SMOKABLE AYAHUASCA

A methylene chloride extraction of Phalaris arundi-
nacea (described in Winter '93 and Spring '94 ER)
was mixed 50:50 with Peganum harmala extract
(described in Summer '93 ER) by soaking in ethanol

on mint leaves. After
evaporation, a one- inhala-
tion quantity of this was
smoked. The experience
was (as Grade and Zarkov
say): "qualitatively differ-
ent" than the Phalaris ex-
tract alone. The variety of
Phalaris used in this ex-
periment contained mostly
5-MeO-DMT, which is an extremely intense trip when
smoked by itself. With the addition of the MAO--
inhibiting harmala extract, the experience seems to be
somewhat longer and considerably smoother, with
what can best be described as a "full body orgasm" as
its predominant sensation. (It is my hypothesis that
5-MeO-DMT and DMT affect the chakras along the
cerebro-spinal system.) Most people who've tried this
combination prefer it to the Phalaris extract alone.

A variant of this "smokable ayahuasca," which was
originally described by Gracie and Zarkov , in Notes
From Underground #7, 1985, is to smoke about three
inhalations of harmala extract prior to an inhalation
of Phalaris. (The harmala is a surprisingly smooth
and pleasant smoke. Its main effect is mildly tranquil-
izing, but not hallucinogenic.) In combination with
Phalaris this seems to be stronger than the first
method, though it still buffers the "alien" intensity of
the 5-MeO- DMT alone. There's no doubt that the use
of MAO inhibition with these tryptamines synergizes a
"qualitatively different" experience: in my opinion, a
much "friendlier" one.
— Gavilan

link to the source of this excerpt

-eg

CouchLove
#17 Posted : 2/2/2017 12:43:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiritofspice wrote:
I call Mandela effect.

It appears that changa use effects the time line.

Yeah, I second this. It appears that Ayahuasca has been using her agents to rewrite aspects of our timeline, by strategically incepting the idea of Changa into the collective hearts/minds of hippies in the past.

Her efforts to reprogram this reality are much appreciated.

dreamer042
#18 Posted : 2/2/2017 1:05:10 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
I found this in an archive of an old issue of the "entheogen review"

This is all from the early 1990s, and makes references to "smokeable ayahuasca" as far back as 1985....

-eg

Great find EG! That pretty much seals the deal on the whole "invented changa" myth.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

nen888
#19 Posted : 2/2/2017 9:27:38 AM
member for the trees

yes, great bit of archival research work entheogenic-gnosis..

Running Bear
#20 Posted : 2/5/2017 9:48:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He's lying to make a profit and is even posting on the nexus to sell more books and ayahuasca ceremonies. I'm surprised that he hasn't been kicked off.

123NEXT