We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT
Crown and Klean strip VMP have changed chemically. Options

benzyme
#61 Posted : 1/27/2017 11:58:32 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

ucck, sensitivity is through the roof Confused

overloaded the detector, but those are the distinct peaks. looks like there is a polymer cluster in there, that wasn't present in baseline. the difference between the peaks is 14,15..methyls.
benzyme attached the following image(s):
acetates.JPG (158kb) downloaded 381 time(s).
baseline.JPG (156kb) downloaded 366 time(s).
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#62 Posted : 1/28/2017 12:28:44 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

normally, when I did injections, I used to see PEG (polyethylene glycol), which has a characteristic polymeric pattern as well, but the difference is 44 between the peaks. that was not seen in this run.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

syberdelic
#63 Posted : 1/28/2017 1:33:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Those are much larger molecules than I was expecting to see. Some waxes might be that heavy, but definitely wouldn't evaporate.
What would be that heavy, but still evaporate at STP? My best guess would be a halogenated terpene.

benzyme
#64 Posted : 1/28/2017 1:46:12 AM

analytical chemist

: shrugs:

I'm still baffled by how it was derived from acetic acid in naphtha. it had difficult solubility in ACN/H2O.
I'm thinking naphthenic acid derivatives. if it was purely a nonpolar compound, the detector wouldn't have given a signal.

syberdelic
#65 Posted : 1/28/2017 2:05:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess it's time to find a different solvent. The naphtha could be acid washed until no precipitates form in the acid, but at that point, I might as well just acquire something like hexane.

Portals2Eternity
#66 Posted : 6/23/2017 2:30:19 AM
"You have to see to believe!"

syberdelic wrote:
I guess it's time to find a different solvent. The naphtha could be acid washed until no precipitates form in the acid, but at that point, I might as well just acquire something like hexane.

Hold up... I'm literally days away from my 1st extraction with klean strip just purchased a couple wks ago, and after dozens upon dozens of hours of research this is the 1st time hearing this?!

Does this affect stb, bcuz I know I've shared what tek I'm doing - along with the chemicals I'm doing it with - and I've literally gotten the green light everytime. What gives??? Surprised
"Behind the visible are chains on chains of conscious beings ... who have no inherent form but change according to their whim, or the mind that sees them. You cannot lift your hand without influencing and being influenced by hordes. The visible world is merely their skin. In dreams we go amongst them ... They are, perhaps, human souls in the crucible - these creatures of whim." - W. B. Yeats, Irish Fairy and Folk Tales

Running Bear
#67 Posted : 6/23/2017 2:43:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Portals2Eternity wrote:
syberdelic wrote:

Hold up... I'm literally days away from my 1st extraction with klean strip just purchased a couple wks ago, and after dozens upon dozens of hours of research this is the 1st time hearing this?!

Does this affect stb, bcuz I know I've shared what tek I'm doing - along with the chemicals I'm doing it with - and I've literally gotten the green light everytime. What gives??? Surprised

Just test it. I teach you how and it's very simple.

Portals2Eternity
#68 Posted : 6/23/2017 2:55:35 AM

Orion wrote:
lewinii wrote:
did you check their websites for any possible updates to the MSDS's ?

Squatting Bear wrote:
No and I wouldn't take their word for it anyways.

You're right not to trust them. I rarely see a genuine composition in an MSDS for naphtha, they use vague terms and often don't mention additives.

Ok. Water, naphtha and what for acid (if it's a stupid question, I apologize.)? I saw some1 recommend 5% white vinegar, I only have apple cider in-house...

I appreciate the info. Apologies for ressurecting this thread.
"Behind the visible are chains on chains of conscious beings ... who have no inherent form but change according to their whim, or the mind that sees them. You cannot lift your hand without influencing and being influenced by hordes. The visible world is merely their skin. In dreams we go amongst them ... They are, perhaps, human souls in the crucible - these creatures of whim." - W. B. Yeats, Irish Fairy and Folk Tales

Running Bear
#69 Posted : 6/23/2017 3:01:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pick up some vinegar. It's cheap and easy 2 find.

Portals2Eternity
#70 Posted : 6/23/2017 3:06:02 AM

Running Bear wrote:

Ok great. 5% White vinegar, mix mason jar 8oz with water and naphtha, add small amount vinegar, say 50ml, shake. Water is on bottom, if cloudy, bad. If naphtha and water layer are clear, proceed with extraction?

Thx again; take care.

Running Bear
#71 Posted : 6/23/2017 3:13:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Portals2Eternity wrote:
Running Bear wrote:

Ok great. 5% White vinegar, mix mason jar 8oz with water and naphtha, add small amount vinegar, say 50ml, shake. Water is on bottom, if cloudy, bad. If naphtha and water layer are clear, proceed with extraction?

Thx again; take care.

No lol. All you have to do it put 50 ml of 5% distilled white vinegar and 50 ml of naphtha in a bottle. shake it for 60 sec and poor it into a jar or something that you can see through. You will see the naphtha separate from the vinegar. If the vinegar is cloudy and will not clear up within a couple of min then its no good.

Portals2Eternity
#72 Posted : 6/23/2017 1:37:53 PM

Running Bear wrote:
Portals2Eternity wrote:
Running Bear wrote:

Thx again; take care.

No lol. All you have to do it put 50 ml of 5% distilled white vinegar and 50 ml of naphtha in a bottle. shake it for 60 sec and poor it into a jar or something that you can see through. You will see the naphtha separate from the vinegar. If the vinegar is cloudy and will not clear up within a couple of min then its no good.

Portals2Eternity attached the following image(s):
20170623_082523.jpg (1,547kb) downloaded 223 time(s).

Portals2Eternity
#73 Posted : 6/23/2017 1:41:41 PM

^ Sorry for the orientation. This is after appx 3mins. Still looks cloudy. No good, correct?

downwardsfromzero
#74 Posted : 6/24/2017 4:30:34 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Well, the naphtha separates clear. Can't you just decant it off and try shaking it again with vinegar. If vinegar runs clear, then you've succeeded in cleaning up the naphtha.

Something must be washing into the vinegar to cause that cloudiness. Has anyone tried repeated vinegar washes to clean this stuff up? Come to think of it, perhaps Syberdelic did ^^up ^^there ^^somewhere - or maybe not.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Portals2Eternity
#75 Posted : 6/24/2017 3:18:19 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Well, the naphtha separates clear. Can't you just decant it off and try shaking it again with vinegar. If vinegar runs clear, then you've succeeded in cleaning up the naphtha.

Something must be washing into the vinegar to cause that cloudiness. Has anyone tried repeated vinegar washes to clean this stuff up? Come to think of it, perhaps Syberdelic did ^^up ^^there ^^somewhere - or maybe not.

I mean I could try it, but according to the nexus, consesus seems to be, beginning in late 2015, klean strip + crown changed chemically and are no longer adequate. Hopefully heptane gets the job done.

syberdelic
#76 Posted : 6/25/2017 4:11:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have not tried cleaning it, but I have successfully pulled a sizable A/B extraction with the solvent in question. All product was put through re-x with the solvent. The end product was run through mass-spec and found to be clean. Obviously, what ever is causing the vinegar to be cloudy does not translate into the final product via re-x.

Running Bear
#77 Posted : 6/25/2017 4:51:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It still burned my lips and throat after a re-x and a friend of mine said it was the same for him. I think it may have been something that the company's were experimenting with. I just recently tried some that was perfectly fine. If you look around hard enough you can still find
Klean strip in the old can, that's what i would buy.

Running Bear
#78 Posted : 6/25/2017 4:59:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think people are misunderstanding what I mean by cloudy. Look at the picture that I posted and compare it to Portaps2Eternity.
Running Bear attached the following image(s):
resource.jpg (13kb) downloaded 153 time(s).
resource-1.jpg (55kb) downloaded 152 time(s).

Running Bear
#79 Posted : 6/25/2017 5:21:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As you can see there's a big difference Thumbs up

Portals2Eternity
#80 Posted : 6/25/2017 7:54:34 PM

Running Bear wrote:
As you can see there's a big difference Thumbs up

Ok, this is POTENTIALLY great news. So would you say mine is ok? The last of my supplies just came in and with a green light, I could proceed today. Just curious: the difference in volume, lighting etc...could my pic being not so cloudy be deceiving?

I ordered heptane which will be here thursday, so I could even do a re X with that if spice is burning after naphtha reX...

«PREV23456NEXT