We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
April 22 SHE for mescaline Options

dreamer042
#21 Posted : 3/24/2016 4:39:29 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Dual purpose post

Shameless Bump

+

Addressing an actual ?

NotTwo wrote:
Anyone fill me in on how one of these SHE events works?

Quite so, you may find this somewhat informative re: how all this came to be and wut it's all about.

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DeDao
#22 Posted : 3/25/2016 7:07:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let's see if I can hold off until then!! Big grin

Looking forward to it.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

entheogenic-gnosis
#23 Posted : 3/26/2016 1:37:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
@ EG I'm not sure that harmalas actively potentiate mescaline the way they do with tryptamines, it seems just like moar of a nice synergy ime. In any case, it's lovely and I say go for it. Thumbs up

To all those who don't have cacti's ready for processing, you can still join the SHE with another medicine. We'll be going for a long, long time, so hop on in with some blotters or mushies or even that old changer pipe. Don't be scurred. Big grin

As 3,4,5-dimethoxy-phenethylamine (mescaline) is a mono amine, mono amine oxidase inhibitors would be effective in preventing MAO from destroying the compound...

Shulgin/TIHKAL states:

Quote:
WITH MESCALINE

(with 100 mg harmaline, 60 mg mescaline (3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine) [20 min]) "At two hours I was in a pleasant state of physical relaxation, a fine sense of well being, and I found music most enjoyable. From then to the fourth hour, thoughts flowed freely, and it became obvious that insight was a major part of this experience. Normally unconscious thoughts were easily available. It was as if I could observe my mind in operation, as facts were weighed to form conclusions. By the sixth hour music was a thing of beauty, with the higher notes crisp and clear. The harmaline has probably worn off. Sleep at eight hours, and the next day was without any adverse effects. This was a remarkable experience, the insight of TMA, and the relaxation of MDMA."

(with 150 mg harmaline, 100 mg mescaline [15 min]) "A stomach ache developed at about 45 minutes, followed by a mild nausea which occurred intermittently throughout the next six hours. I felt comfortable, although there was a slight discoordination at about two hours. Walking was never a problem but did require more concentration than normal. Colors on the television were obviously more intense, and highly saturated at this point and moderate photophobia developed. Even a fire in the fireplace was distracting, and stereo was best enjoyed in the dark. Attempts at sleep did not work until the ninth hour. Upon awakening there was a feeling of dehydration but otherwise no ill effects. Mild looseness of stools was present later that morning. Since experiments using only mescaline at doses between 80 and 120 mg resulted in no CNS effects at all, it seems clear that the MAO blocking effects of the harmaline were crucial to this experience.
https://www.erowid.org/l...ne/tihkal/tihkal13.shtml
Scroll to the "with mescaline section"

If you combine MAOI compounds with other phenethylamine compounds, the results could be disastrous, so I was entering into this combination with extreme caution, though with mescaline the mono amine oxidase combination appears to be relatively safe...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#24 Posted : 3/26/2016 1:38:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Damn auto correct! It was supposed to say 3,4,5-trimethoxy-phenethylamine....

-eg

dreamer042
#25 Posted : 3/26/2016 6:37:43 PM

Dreamoar

From purely pharmacological perspective that would be correct.

In my personal experience, over many attempts at various doses with this combo, I didn't really find harmalas made the mescaline/cactus more intense than I would have expected for the same dose sans harmalas. Certainly nothing like the many fold increase of intensity with something like psilocybin. It does add a nice harmala vibe to the cactus experience and it really is lovely, def one of my favorite combinations.

I never tried it with loph's which have a moar complex alkaloid content than trich's, so I can't speak to how harmalas may interact with the various other alks in there. A bit of caution would probably be advised but I don't expect you'll run into any problems.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

null24
#26 Posted : 3/26/2016 7:14:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Having just been gifted with 40 pounds of San Pedro, I just may join you guys for this one!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

slewb
#27 Posted : 3/28/2016 4:22:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oh gee man I would love that... but unless I can make it out to the boonies early that day I may have to just changa my face at home.

and as an edit... I don't know that I've ever eaten mescaline without harmalas. Always turns out A-OK

entheogenic-gnosis
#28 Posted : 3/28/2016 2:53:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
From purely pharmacological perspective that would be correct.

In my personal experience, over many attempts at various doses with this combo, I didn't really find harmalas made the mescaline/cactus more intense than I would have expected for the same dose sans harmalas. Certainly nothing like the many fold increase of intensity with something like psilocybin. It does add a nice harmala vibe to the cactus experience and it really is lovely, def one of my favorite combinations.

I never tried it with loph's which have a moar complex alkaloid content than trich's, so I can't speak to how harmalas may interact with the various other alks in there. A bit of caution would probably be advised but I don't expect you'll run into any problems.

Hmmm...

The goal is not to "intensify" anything, it's to prevent the destruction of a mono amine (mescaline) from your endogenous defense system against such compounds (mono amine oxidase enzymes). Thus increasing dose efficiency.

I've always assumed that you must dose high with mescaline, as a good deal of it is subject to destruction via mono amine oxidase enzymes, it can take near a gram (800mgs) to produce a peak experiance...

...now, if you took the mono amine oxidase enzymes out of the equation, what would an effective to peak dose look like? 80mgs-100mgs? Compared to 800mgs (or 200-400mgs ; PIHKAL) I would say that's quite an improvement.

Other phenethylamines and alpha-methyl-phenethylamines can have some very serious side effects when combined with an MAOI...Hypertension, heart problems, psychological distress, etc...Though in the case of mescaline, these risks are non-existent to minimal.

The shulgin anecdotes seem to confirm that if your MAO is inhibited, low doses of mescaline become effective.

Quote:
experiments using only mescaline at doses between 80 and 120 mg resulted in no CNS effects at all, it seems clear that the MAO blocking effects of the harmaline were crucial to this experience.
https://www.erowid.org/l...e/tihkal/tihkal13.shtml
Scroll to the "with mescaline section"

if you want as much of a mono amine to reach your system as possible, you would inhibit your enzymes which breakdown these compounds, your mono amine oxidase enzymes.

At the levels of harmala alkaloids used, there should be very little to no psychological action, you are simply inhibiting mono amine oxidase, without increasing the dose to the point of intoxication.

I'm confident it will work, producing psychedelia at least to some degree, at a much much lower dose.

-eg

Godsmacker
#29 Posted : 3/28/2016 11:44:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Count me in! Very happy Big grin Embarrased Surprised Twisted Evil Thumbs up Cool

I'll see y'all on the dark side of the moon
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

dreamer042
#30 Posted : 4/16/2016 3:50:02 AM

Dreamoar

Bumpity bump bump

Countdown T minus one week.

All you mescalovers better get to stractin.

Cool

a1pha
#31 Posted : 4/16/2016 3:23:42 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

dreamer042 wrote:
Bumpity bump bump

Countdown T minus one week.

All you mescalovers better get to stractin.

Cool

Thanks for the reminder. Very happy
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Godsmacker
#32 Posted : 4/16/2016 9:39:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I might be bailing come 4/20...

mescal and mary sitting in a tree...
T-R-Y-P-I-N-G
First Cums Love
Then Comes the cops
Then Comes the adrenaline rush...
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

pinkoyd
#33 Posted : 4/16/2016 9:48:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

I'm scheduled for work on the 22nd, dammit... Sad
I already asked Alice.

ijahdan
#34 Posted : 4/18/2016 10:45:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hoping to join in this SHE. I did a 69ron tek on some decent san pedro powder and now have just over a gram of tan waxy acetate crystals. Tried a minuscule amount to test, maybe 50mg and there were noticeable effects so that bodes well. Is there some kind of plan? Maybe focussing on something at a certain time of the day.

dreamer042
#35 Posted : 4/19/2016 2:51:20 PM

Dreamoar

Bumping this one again to inspire a the slackers and procrastinators to get to work. You kids don't have too much bicycle day fun now, we still got 420 day and a SHE day on the horizon.

BioBoostedSpirit
#36 Posted : 4/20/2016 10:23:04 AM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Surprisingly i NO BUYING/SELLNG, and surprisingly in my work schedule on 22 and 23 im free.
So i guess 22 is a nice date to experiment with the cacti. Im not sure about the chat, i'll be somewhere in the nature, but you never know right ..Smile

Have a good time everybody, see you aroundLove
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est.
“To rule yourself is the ultimate power."
Seneca

MoonMoonLeftShark
#37 Posted : 4/21/2016 8:15:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My new little cactus babies are too scared to be eaten! NO BUYING/SELLNG There might be one in there that I can eat, since I doubt that I'll have time to process it, but I think that still counts.

So, here's to hoping that SS delivers in time and get to join you guys! I'll be in chat that night either way cheering everybody on.

MoonMoon

edit: null, 40 pounds! Shocked oh boy, nice

tseuq
#38 Posted : 4/22/2016 8:13:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Happy SHE, BOOM 3,4,5-Trimethoxyphenethylamin!

ALLO/VE, happy and safe travels, tseuq Love
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

dreamer042
#39 Posted : 4/22/2016 5:36:13 PM

Dreamoar

Haapi SHE day!

Here is wishing safe and productive journeys for you all.

Don't forget to stop in the chat and say high.

Cool

BioBoostedSpirit
#40 Posted : 4/23/2016 12:12:38 AM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

uhm.. im so sorry about not choosing my words more wisely.

this was a gift from the mother natureVery happy

Hope you all having a great time !!Love
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est.
“To rule yourself is the ultimate power."
Seneca

PREV12