We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
DARE removes marijuana from list of "gateway drugs" Options

hixidom
#21 Posted : 3/15/2016 12:29:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Regarding the DARE program, my parents opted me out of it. It was awkward being the only child to not attend. I was quarantined to a table in the school library and given some social studies assignment to work on by myself. Now that they've told me more about how disgusting the DARE program is, I realize that I was lucky to be pulled out of it. It must have taken some courage for my parents to talk to the school about that, given the impression it may have given to school admin in the bible belt.

Regarding the McKenna document that EG posted, I'd like to comment on this line:
Quote:
They say, 'You won't be motivated in your job.' Like your job is supposed to be the (pinnacle) against which all things are to be measured.

As a PhD student, I have been unfortunate enough to encounter this attitude very directly. I have a girlfriend who lives in another country and I wanted to visit her for a few weeks. My advisor berated me for having this notion, citing as examples his mentors who had never and would never take so much time away from research. He described how he and the big-names that I should be aware of always manage love around one's career, which is more important, and that this is the way to be successful. He said that, when he went to another country to marry his wife (who lived overseas at the time), he only took a week off of work. This is the level that work-ethic has been elevated to (at least in my field, in the US): It should be put above happiness/enlightenment (as TM pointed out), and it should apparently be put above love also. I don't get it.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

null24
#22 Posted : 3/15/2016 2:25:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Quote:
I don't get it

Be grateful, I'm sure your partner is.Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

hixidom
#23 Posted : 3/15/2016 8:21:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Be grateful, I'm sure your partner is.Thumbs up

I don't know. We have spent more time apart than together, so we haven't had to make any big life decisions together yet. It's hard to say whether or not we will discover conflicting values at some point in the future...
Actually, you inspired me to ask her about these things. I feel better after the conversation, even though my unknown unknown merely became a known unknown.

Ufostrahlen
#24 Posted : 3/15/2016 8:53:38 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

hixidom wrote:
My advisor berated me for having this notion, citing as examples his mentors who had never and would never take so much time away from research. He described how he and the big-names that I should be aware of always manage love around one's career, which is more important, and that this is the way to be successful.

Richard Feynman wrote:
Physics isn't the most important thing. Love is.

https://books.google.de/...n%27t+the+most+important

Load of bull. Flip off your adviser, visit your GF as long as it pleases you and read some Feynman books while traveling. I'm sure your physics and love skills will grow. Planck may also be a good read:

Quote:
An important scientific innovation rarely makes its way by gradually winning over and converting its opponents: it rarely happens that Saul becomes Paul. What does happen is that its opponents gradually die out, and that the growing generation is familiarized with the ideas from the beginning: another instance of the fact that the future lies with the youth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck%27s_principle

Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

hixidom
#25 Posted : 3/15/2016 10:59:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Feynman wrote:

Despite the wisdom, this was coming from a man who pushed through the challenge that I'm currently facing, from a man who had worked hard enough to have earned a sense of satisfaction after a lifetime of pursuing the work he was passionate about. Without balance between doing the hard thing and doing the pleasurable thing, I don't think I can hope to attain that sense of satisfaction.

Your words are very encouraging though. Trust me, I think about checking out of this situation more often than I'd like to admit. Dropping out, tuning in, turning on, moving far away: That's my auxiliary dream.

Ufostrahlen
#26 Posted : 3/15/2016 11:16:14 AM

hixidom wrote:
Feynman wrote:

Despite the wisdom, this was coming from a man who pushed through the challenge that I'm currently facing, from a man who had worked hard enough to have earned a sense of satisfaction after a lifetime of pursuing the work he was passionate about. Without balance between doing the hard thing and doing the pleasurable thing, I don't think I can hope to attain that sense of satisfaction.

Your words are very encouraging though. Trust me, I think about checking out of this situation more often than I'd like to admit. Dropping out, tuning in, turning on, moving far away: That's my auxiliary dream.

You said it right: balance is the key. But I doubt a career is more important than love. Your advisor's advice is the road to become a miserable person working in the military industry imo. The world doesn't need those people, they are already abundant. Dream on! Magic can happen.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

hixidom
#27 Posted : 3/15/2016 12:29:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
The world doesn't need those people, they are already abundant. Dream on! Magic can happen.

I agree. I'm still dreaming. Finishing my PhD will be a big turning point in my life, and I definitely won't go down the same path as my advisor (unless I think I can do it with a more wholesome attitude than he has).

anne halonium
#28 Posted : 3/15/2016 5:53:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
road to become a miserable person working in the military industry

not so fast.........
i had rock star girlfriend grade fun and romance when i contracted.
just dont be a geeky drone about it.

matter of fact, i had sooooo much fun and profit,
im thinking about coming out of retirement and going back!

also, we arent as " abundant" as ya think.
bell curve indicates we are actually pretty rare in the higher levels of performance.
( and the cash money reflects it)

also, everybody loves an alpha, lovers can adjust or be replaced.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

Ufostrahlen
#29 Posted : 3/15/2016 6:21:29 PM

anne halonium wrote:
matter of fact, i had sooooo much fun and profit,
im thinking about coming out of retirement and going back!

also, everybody loves an alpha, lovers can adjust or be replaced.

is there something like an alpha woman? i like pretty women. also:

anne halonium
#30 Posted : 3/15/2016 6:29:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:

sounds sexist.
you assume all the fun toys come from guys? lol.
defense industry has all kinds of girls these days.

Ufostrahlen
#31 Posted : 3/15/2016 6:35:15 PM

anne halonium wrote:
Ufostrahlen wrote:

sounds sexist.

Depends on the perspective.

Quote:
you assume all the fun toys come from guys? lol.
defense industry has all kinds of girls these days.

I won't derail the thread anymore.

anne halonium
#32 Posted : 3/15/2016 6:40:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:

Depends on the perspective.

how much more direct could you have been?

null24
#33 Posted : 3/15/2016 9:46:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I know you have something up you're sleeve, UFO, but Anne's got you by the short hairs at the moment. Big grin

Can't wait for the thrilling outcome!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

anne halonium
#34 Posted : 3/15/2016 11:49:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ oh im not interested in arguing this on a DARE thread.
the comment just left me sorta pale. had to call it.
im past it.

as for the OP,
i was out of school before DARE.
thank gawd.

at the time DARE started, there were critics.
but naturally no one listens till after umpteen yrs of BS on kids.

Redguard
#35 Posted : 3/16/2016 1:41:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Dare had the opposite intended effect on me. I didn't even know what magic mushrooms were at the time but they sure sounded like they would be a lot of fun! Big grin
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

entheogenic-gnosis
#36 Posted : 3/17/2016 1:00:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Redguard wrote:
Dare had the opposite intended effect on me. I didn't even know what magic mushrooms were at the time but they sure sounded like they would be a lot of fun! Big grin

It actually sounds like the DARE program did its job...

Trust me, if you offer somebody some bizzare unknown chemical with a long scary name, they probably won't take it...

...now, if you offer somebody say, cocaine, they think "oh, I know this! The police explained it to me as something that people do"...and are far more likely to ingest it...

Cops are telling children, these are the designated products, this is how you use them and what they do...

They are ensuring their product finds a future market, and they think it's patriotic, it puts the poor in prison (the prison system is another money making machine tied into the drug war), it funds rebels fighting America's enemies (and God knows what else) and in many ways "keeps the first world the first world"

Not to go off on my drug war rant, because it always starts arguments, but my research has shown that the CIA and DEA exploit these compounds contraband status to raise large sums of untraceable cash to fund foreign rebel armies fighting America's enemies...

During Viet nam we were allied with general pao and his anti-communist peoples army, who had no hard currency, but that did have heroin...

It's no coincidence we are at war in "the golden crescent" and are also in the middle of a heroin epidemic...

Quote:
This article was first published on August 31, 2008.

1947 to 1951, FRANCE

According to Alfred W. McCoy in The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia, CIA arms, money, and disinformation enabled Corsican criminal syndicates in Marseille to wrestle control of labor unions from the Communist Party. The Corsicans gained political influence and control over the docks — ideal conditions for cementing a long-term partnership with mafia drug distributors, which turned Marseille into the postwar heroin capital of the Western world. Marseille’s first heroin laboratones were opened in 1951, only months after the Corsicans took over the waterfront.

EARLY 1950s, SOUTHEAST ASIA

The Nationalist Chinese army, organized by the CIA to wage war against Communist China, became the opium barons of The Golden Triangle (parts of Burma, Thailand and Laos), the world’s largest source of opium and heroin. Air America, the ClA’s principal airline proprietary, flew the drugs all over Southeast Asia. (See Christopher Robbins, Air America, Avon Books, 1985, chapter 9)

1950s to early 1970s, INDOCHINA During U.S. military involvement in Laos and other parts of Indochina, Air America flew opium and heroin throughout the area. Many Gl’s in Vietnam became addicts. A laboratory built at CIA headquarters in northern Laos was used to refine heroin. After a decade of American military intervention, Southeast Asia had become the source of 70 percent of the world’s illicit opium and the major supplier of raw materials for America’s booming heroin market.

1973-80, AUSTRALIA

The Nugan Hand Bank of Sydney was a CIA bank in all but name. Among its officers were a network of US generals, admirals and CIA men, including fommer CIA Director William Colby, who was also one of its lawyers. With branches in Saudi Arabia, Europe, Southeast Asia, South America and the U.S., Nugan Hand Bank financed drug trafficking, money laundering and international arms dealings. In 1980, amidst several mysterious deaths, the bank collapsed, $50 million in debt. (See Jonathan Kwitny, The Crimes of Patriots: A True Tale of Dope, Dirty Money and the CIA, W.W. Norton & Co., 1 987.)

1970s and 1980s, PANAMA

For more than a decade, Panamanian strongman Manuel Noriega was a highly paid CIA asset and collaborator, despite knowledge by U.S. drug authorities as early as 1971 that the general was heavily involved in drug trafficking and money laundering. Noriega facilitated ”guns-for-drugs” flights for the contras, providing protection and pilots, as well as safe havens for drug cartel otficials, and discreet banking facilities. U.S. officials, including then-ClA Director William Webster and several DEA officers, sent Noriega letters of praise for efforts to thwart drug trafficking (albeit only against competitors of his Medellin Cartel patrons). The U.S. government only turned against Noriega, invading Panama in December 1989 and kidnapping the general once they discovered he was providing intelligence and services to the Cubans and Sandinistas. Ironically drug trafficking through Panama increased after the US invasion. (John Dinges, Our Man in Panama, Random House, 1991; National Security Archive Documentation Packet The Contras, Cocaine, and Covert Operations.)

1980s, CENTRAL AMERICA

The San Jose Mercury News series documents just one thread of the interwoven operations linking the CIA, the contras and the cocaine cartels. Obsessed with overthrowing the leftist Sandinista government in Nicaragua, Reagan administration officials tolerated drug trafficking as long as the traffickers gave support to the contras. In 1989, the Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism, Narcotics, and International Operations (the Kerry committee) concluded a three-year investigation by stating:

“There was substantial evidence of drug smuggling through the war zones on the part of individual Contras, Contra suppliers, Contra pilots mercenaries who worked with the Contras, and Contra supporters throughout the region…. U.S. officials involved in Central America failed to address the drug issue for fear of jeopardizing the war efforts against Nicaragua…. In each case, one or another agency of the U.S. govemment had intormation regarding the involvement either while it was occurring, or immediately thereafter…. Senior U S policy makers were nit immune to the idea that drug money was a perfect solution to the Contras’ funding problems.” (Drugs, Law Enforcement and Foreign Policy, a Report of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, Subcommittee on Terrorism, Narcotics and Intemational Operations, 1989)

In Costa Rica, which served as the “Southern Front” for the contras (Honduras being the Northern Front), there were several different ClA-contra networks involved in drug trafficking. In addition to those servicing the Meneses-Blandon operation detailed by the Mercury News, and Noriega’s operation, there was CIA operative John Hull, whose farms along Costa Rica’s border with Nicaragua were the main staging area for the contras. Hull and other ClA-connected contra supporters and pilots teamed up with George Morales, a major Miami-based Colombian drug trafficker who later admitted to giving $3 million in cash and several planes to contra leaders. In 1989, after the Costa Rica government indicted Hull for drug trafficking, a DEA-hired plane clandestinely and illegally flew the CIA operative to Miami, via Haiti. The US repeatedly thwarted Costa Rican efforts to extradite Hull back to Costa Rica to stand trial. Another Costa Rican-based drug ring involved a group of Cuban Amencans whom the CIA had hired as military trainers for the contras. Many had long been involved with the CIA and drug trafficking They used contra planes and a Costa Rican-based shnmp company, which laundered money for the CIA, to move cocaine to the U.S. Costa Rica was not the only route. Guatemala, whose military intelligence service — closely associated with the CIA — harbored many drug traffickers, according to the DEA, was another way station along the cocaine highway.

Additionally, the Medellin Cartel’s Miami accountant, Ramon Milian Rodriguez, testified that he funneled nearly $10 million to Nicaraguan contras through long-time CIA operative Felix Rodriguez, who was based at Ilopango Air Force Base in El Salvador. The contras provided both protection and infrastructure (planes, pilots, airstrips, warehouses, front companies and banks) to these ClA-linked drug networks. At least four transport companies under investigation for drug trafficking received US govemment contracts to carry non-lethal supplies to the contras. Southern Air Transport, “formerly” ClA-owned, and later under Pentagon contract, was involved in the drug running as well. Cocaine-laden planes flew to Florida, Texas, Louisiana and other locations, including several militarv bases Designated as ‘Contra Craft,” these shipments were not to be inspected. When some authority wasn’t clued in and made an arrest, powerful strings were pulled on behalf of dropping the case, acquittal, reduced sentence, or deportation.

1980s to early 1990s, AFGHANISTAN

ClA-supported Moujahedeen rebels engaged heavily in drug trafficking while fighting against the Soviet-supported govemment and its plans to reform the very backward Afghan society. The Agency’s principal client was Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, one of the leading druglords and leading heroin refiner. CIA supplied trucks and mules, which had carried arms into Afghanistan, were used to transport opium to laboratories along the Afghan Pakistan border. The output provided up to one half of the heroin used annually in the United States and three-quarters of that used in Western Europe. US officials admitted in 1990 that they had failed to investigate or take action against the drug operabon because of a desire not to offend their Pakistani and Afghan allies. In 1993, an official of the DEA called Afghanistan the new Colombia of the drug world.

MlD-1980s to early 199Os, HAITI

While working to keep key Haitian military and political leaders in power, the CIA turned a blind eye to their clients’ drug trafficking. In 1986, the Agency added some more names to its payroll by creating a new Haitian organization, the National Intelligence Service (SIN). SIN was purportedly created to fight the cocaine trade, though SIN officers themselves engaged in the trafficking, a trade aided and abetted by some of the Haitian military and political leaders.

William Blum is author of Killing Hope: U.S Military and CIA Interventions Since World War ll available from Common Courage Press, P.O. Box 702, Monroe, Maine, 04951

The original source of this article is revolutionradio.org
http://www.globalresearc...-in-the-drug-trade/10013

The above actually leaves out a good deal...

Like mckenna says, it's not a drug problem, it's an addiction problem, and the addiction is of government agencies to large sums of untraceable money...

Which they are using to fund dangerous rebels, without congressional approval, public knowledge, or having to take responsibility when these rebel armies turn on us...

DARE ensures their product has a future market, and the statement you made proves that it works...

Though I could never understand their interest in psychedelics, these compounds are not big money makers, they are not addictive, and they promote thought...seems like the CIA would abandon them...

...but then again, the CIA has a deep history with psychedelic compounds, MKULTRA and operation midnight climax are to notable ventures of theirs involving these things...so their interest in psychedelics may be more bizzare than you can imagine, and may involve massive social experimentation...The 1951 Pont-Saint-Esprit, france mass poisoning may have been the CIA, who could see Woodstock on the horizons rosey glow and probably wanted to see what mass psychedelic intoxication looked like...they were also terrified the Russians would get LSD into our food/water, and this may have been an experiment aimed at the study off mass psychedelic intoxication, similar to what could happen if some freak got this stuff to the masses unknowingly...

Ok, I could go into MKULTRA for days, but I'll stop....

I've also speculated that the CIA fuels the music and movie industry, the "Laurel Canyon" theory dives into what could be a CIA media manipulation program...it makes sense though...but since it's all speculation, and goes into "conspiracy theorist" territory, I have not put much effort into researching it...

...MKULTRA however, not a theory, worth study.

Sorry about reposting this, but this mckenna lecture is very relevant to what I'm explaining:
Quote:
When I wrote this book, I did a lot of research on an area I didn't know that much about, which is, let's say from 1500 to the present, drugs of addiction. And what I discovered is drug smuggling is like assassination. If the government isn't involved, it never seems to really happen. And governments have been using drugs for centuries as forms of secret revenue. This whole sugar thing that I laid out to you, those were decisions made by the crown heads of Europe in collusion with the Pope. It wasn't common people who set those policies in place.

During the 1960's, when the black ghettos began to come apart, suddenly number three China white heroin was cheaper and more available than it had ever been in any time in this history of the heroin problem in the United States. Why? Because the CIA saw, you know, all these black guys are getting up, a bunch of uppity niggers as the government calls them, you just smother it in heroin. Get everybody either hooked or making money...

And they don't care really about the effects of drugs, and one group, one faction will work against another. For example, I'm a great afficianado of hashish, and hashish became very hard to get in the United States in the late 70's. But as soon as the Russians invaded Afghanistan, suddenly there was massive amounts of excellent Afghani hashish, at prices that nobody had seen for fifteen years. Well, the reason was, the CIA knows that hashish is not really a problem. But what they wanted is, they wanted an income for the mujahadin. And they had to pay for all these weapons. So they just started bringing it in wholesale. And it wasn't even a smuggling operation. I mean, I received reports from people who said, you know, 'Smuggling? They're not smuggling. They're unloading it on pier 39, union local 1030 is taking off, you know, five hundred pound blocks of hashish by the tens of thousands.' And the day the Afghan war ended? They staged an enormous series of interlocking busts on their own infrastructure, and they closed it down, and they pulled it to pieces.

When Khomeni kicked out the Shah, the Iranian heroin business then fell under the control of the mulahs, and at that point, suddenly cocaine emerges as a major problem in the United States, because we just switched our supply lines. We could no longer depend on Iranian heroin, because we couldn't depend on these screwy Islamic fundamentalists, so we just turned toward all of these company assets in Honduras and Ecuador and Columbia. Very, very cynical.

You know, it's only been a hundred and twenty years since the so called opium wars. Very few people know what the opium wars, what was the issue in the opium wars. Well, it turns out the British government wanted to deal opium in China, and the Chinese Emperor told them to get lost. And they flipped. And they sent naval units, and they laid siege to several Chinese cities, and they forced the Chinese imperial court to agree that they could deal as much opium as they wanted on the wharves of Shanghai...

The Japanese, when they invaded Manchuria in the Second World War, they immediately began producing heroin and opium in vast amounts, not then as an economic strategy, but as a strategy to break the will of the Chinese population by encouraging addiction, and there was vast amounts of opium addiction. If any of you saw 'The Last Emperor,' you recall that his mistress was severely addicted to opium, and it depicted it in a number of scenes.

So governments have very cynically manipulated drugs, so that the drugs which make it possible for capitalism to function are cheap and freely available, and the drugs which erode dominator values, or cause people to question their situation, are savagely supressed -terence mckenna. http://deoxy.org/t_weeke1.htm (full lecture in link)

Ok, I'll stop.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#37 Posted : 3/17/2016 1:25:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I remember the dare program...

And it had more negative impact than actually seeing drug use...

When I was a child my parents would take me to "Rendezvous", everybody would would go to the mountains, dress in native American (or mountain man) clothing, live in tepees, etc...
The older natives would "smudge" the children with sage, so I knew the smell of sage, any way, one night I saw these two older natives smoking, I thought the smoke smelled like sage, so I asked "are you trying to smudge your insides?", They laughed...

I really thought nothing of it, until I was older and realized that the old natives were smoking cannabis...it didn't phase me, or effect me negatively in any way, I was only around 5-6, kids that age really don't even notice or care about those things...

...it turns out I was around cannabis quite a bit as a child, but never even took notice until I was around 12.

It makes me sick how they have taken beautiful plant medicines such as cannabis and psilocybe fungi and lumped them into this whole drug thing...growing up these plants were a normal part of life, it was not a party or anything immoral, it was like eating corn or lettuce or burning sage, these things were plant tools and part of normal life...

-eg

Redguard
#38 Posted : 3/18/2016 1:32:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

DARE ensures their product has a future market, and the statement you made proves that it works...

Though I could never understand their interest in psychedelics, these compounds are not big money makers, they are not addictive, and they promote thought...seems like the CIA would abandon them...

I'm sorry, I don't have the patience to put to give you a well formed lengthy reply that you deserve from putting so much time into your post. Looking at a lot of shady shit the US government has done in the past I can certainly empathize with your distrust. Dare being a secret government program specially put in place to turn people onto drugs is a little far reaching and I will explain why. Poverty would be a much better facilitator of drug use then DARE ever could be. If I wanted to keep people hooked on drugs and make sure they spend their entire lives in and out of our penal systems and get slave labor out of it I would just keep people poor.
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

entheogenic-gnosis
#39 Posted : 3/18/2016 3:48:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Redguard wrote:
entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't have the patience to put to give you a well formed lengthy reply that you deserve from putting so much time into your post. Looking at a lot of shady shit the US government has done in the past I can certainly empathize with your distrust.
Dare being a secret government program specially put in place to turn people onto drugs is a little far reaching and I will explain why. Poverty would be a much better facilitator of drug use then DARE ever could be. If I wanted to keep people hooked on drugs and make sure they spend their entire lives in and out of our penal systems and get slave labor out of it I would just keep people poor.

The section in bold is generally the response that I get, and it's completely fine if you don't agree.

I've been looking into the history of drugs, the drugs themselves, and the drug war for quite some time, and can only tell you what conclusions I've reached based on that research.

I actually encourage you to research MKULTRA, after that, I doubt you will think my conclusions are that unlikley or "far fetched"

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#40 Posted : 3/18/2016 4:44:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You also can't forget that the drug war is heavily tied to funding military operations across the globe, it's also connected to the prison system, which is another money making machine which heavily benefits from the war on drugs and the incarceration of non-violent drug offenders...

The war on drugs is complex, with a rich history stretching far before the United states drug war... as mckenna outlined, and which I've posted around 3 times:
Quote:
You know, it's only been a hundred and twenty years since the so called opium wars. Very few people know what the opium wars, what was the issue in the opium wars. Well, it turns out the British government wanted to deal opium in China, and the Chinese Emperor told them to get lost. And they flipped. And they sent naval units, and they laid siege to several Chinese cities, and they forced the Chinese imperial court to agree that they could deal as much opium as they wanted on the wharves of Shanghai...

The Japanese, when they invaded Manchuria in the Second World War, they immediately began producing heroin and opium in vast amounts, not then as an economic strategy, but as a strategy to break the will of the Chinese population by encouraging addiction, and there was vast amounts of opium addiction. If any of you saw 'The Last Emperor,' you recall that his mistress was severely addicted to opium, and it depicted it in a number of scenes.

So governments have very cynically manipulated drugs, so that the drugs which make it possible for capitalism to function are cheap and freely available, and the drugs which erode dominator values, or cause people to question their situation, are savagely supressed -terence mckenna. http://deoxy.org/t_weeke1.htm (full lecture in link)

You can research these events, I only quote mckenna because he articulates the situation beautifully and with more readability than I would be able to produce, however, I encourage you to research every event mckenna cites as well as every event cited here http://www.globalresearc...-in-the-drug-trade/10013

Quote:
The presidency of Ronald Reagan marked the start of a long period of skyrocketing rates of incarceration, largely thanks to his unprecedented expansion of the drug war. The number of people behind bars for nonviolent drug law offenses increased from 50,000 in 1980 to over 400,000 by 1997.

Public concern about illicit drug use built throughout the 1980s, largely due to media portrayals of people addicted to the smokeable form of cocaine dubbed “crack.” Soon after Ronald Reagan took office in 1981, his wife, Nancy Reagan, began a highly-publicized anti-drug campaign, coining the slogan "Just Say No."

This set the stage for the zero tolerance policies implemented in the mid-to-late 1980s. Los Angeles Police Chief Daryl Gates, who believed that “casual drug users should be taken out and shot,” founded the DARE drug education program, which was quickly adopted nationwide despite the lack of evidence of its effectiveness. The increasingly harsh drug policies also blocked the expansion of syringe access programs and other harm reduction policies to reduce the rapid spread of HIV/AIDS.
http://www.drugpolicy.or...y/brief-history-drug-war

During all this Reagan allowed the CIA to import and distribute cocaine in the United states (as well as in other countries) to fund contras in Nicaragua...
Keep in mind Reagan also got caught selling weapons to Iran to fund these same contras, had Ollie north not taken the fall Reagan probably would have been impeached for high treason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox7I-lNu-QI

Seriously, research MKULTRA...

Quote:
MKUltra used numerous methodologies to manipulate people's mental states and alter brain functions, including the surreptitious administration of drugs (especially LSD) and other chemicals, hypnosis,[9] sensory deprivation, isolation, verbal and sexual abuse, as well as various forms of torture.

The scope of Project MKUltra was broad, with research undertaken at 80 institutions, including 44 colleges and universities, as well as hospitals, prisons, and pharmaceutical companies.[10] The CIA operated through these institutions using front organizations, although sometimes top officials at these institutions were aware of the CIA's involvement. -wikipedia

The 1951 Pont-Saint-Esprit, France mass poisoning, also known as Le Pain Maudit, has also been claimed to be part of MKULTRA...(some claim MKNAOMI )

Other theories regarding The 1951 Pont-Saint-Esprit mass poisoning, include "saint Anthony's fire" or ergot poisoning, yet nobody suffered from convulsions, or other symptoms of ergotism...

My personally theory about The 1951 Pont-Saint-Esprit mass poisoning, regards the CIA knowing that LSD was legal, and kniwing large amounts could be purchased from sandoz by anyone, and people all across the United states were discovering it, they were unsure of the potential damage that could be done, active in micrograms, 1g being around 10,000 doses....
plus the CIA suspected the Russians were producing LSD (because the Russians were "hoarding ergot" ) and the CIA feared the Russians would employ LSD as a chemical weapon..

I think they just wanted to see what a mass LSD intoxication actually looked like...and Pont saint espirit was the result...

Everything below this point is speculation and theory, I'm not saying I believe this stuff, though it is interesting to consider

.... though if you already don't have much time to waste, I suggest studying the confirmed factual incidents such as MKULTRA, and it's offshoot programs like MKARTICHOKE or "operation midnight climax"...

...though If you want to get into some really "out there" stuff, look at connections to the military that all the "hippie stars" had...then look at the connections to the CIA and the main hangout of those in the media at the time...

Jim Morrison's dad had major involvement in America's role in Viet nam:
Quote:
George Stephen Morrison (January 7, 1919 – November 17, 2008 ) was a United States Navy rear admiral (upper half) and naval aviator. Morrison was commander of the U.S. naval forces in the Gulf of Tonkin during the Gulf of Tonkin Incident of August 1964, which sparked an escalation of American involvement in the Vietnam War -Wikipedia

All the hippie stars were known to hang out at laurel canyon, even movie stars of the 50s frequented this location...

Now, the CIA had a fully functioning movie studio in laurel canyon...it was said to be there for editing atomic bomb movie footage, by why a fully functioning movie studio just for editing a-bomb footage?

There was a CIA run media manipulation program in laurel canyon, all the stars of the time, most of whom had parents in high ranking military positions, also hung out in/lived in laurel canyon...

Quote:
Lookout Mountain Air Force Station (LMAFS) is a former defense site which today is a private residence in the Laurel Canyon neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. The USAF military installation produced motion pictures and still photographs for the United States Department of Defense and the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) from 1947-1969 -Wikipedia

After world war II, the Nazi propaganda program was exposed, the Nazis had their hand in every piece of media distributed to the German people, Joseph Goebbels was the Nazi head of propaganda. This has been well combed over in recent times, however, in the process, a good deal of the inner workings of how governments manipulate media was exposed, some of the media manipulation tactics used by the Nazis are still in use today, others have advanced incredibly...

Music and movies and television and radio have a massive impact on the population as a whole, there's no reason to believe that our government, that the CIA would have the highest interest in controlling a good deal of this media output...

But this is all speculation...This is all theory...

MKULTRA is not theory and would be a better place to start researching how the CIA exploits drugs...

-eg

PREV12