We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Psilocin extraction help Options

anne halonium
#41 Posted : 2/15/2016 8:03:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^ ok thats settled.

everything is better with pics.
so you can assume im working on that.

"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

User_7
#42 Posted : 2/15/2016 11:16:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting where my thread is leading. I hope I have started the thread which leads to Annie sharing a revolutional psilocybin extraction tek. Not that scale or absolute purity is of much significance to me.

With regards to the difficulty dosing pure crystals: isn't the answer just to dissolve to a known concentration? I don't get why people would worry about milligram scales. And I'm surprised to hear cannabis butane wax is so controversial.

Perhaps Annie knows if DCM is suitable as a straight replacement for chloroform in the Hoffman method? Or anyone else?

benzyme
#43 Posted : 2/16/2016 5:37:04 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yes, for the most part. similar polarities, with dcm being slightly more polar
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

PsyDuckmonkey
#44 Posted : 2/16/2016 12:42:17 PM

witch

User_7 wrote:
And I'm surprised to hear cannabis butane wax is so controversial.

Well, anything that involves cretins setting themselves and their homes on fire is bound to collect some bad rep sooner or later. Pleased
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

anne halonium
#45 Posted : 2/16/2016 8:07:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

naturally we wanna avoid fire.

not wild about DCM its sorta toxic.

as mentioned ,im in the middle of major dental rebuild,
however i briefed a grower student on this , and hes working it up,
lets see what happpens with that.

we may see some pics soon.

User_7
#46 Posted : 2/16/2016 11:10:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking forward to trying this, though i do have a suspicion that it is just the psilocybin causing nausea despite hearing many reports to the contrary. Think I'll give the DCM a go. Does it evaporate reasonably fast? Going to wait until I get my power blender back though so I can wizz it all up super fine. Not in much of a hurry, don't think I'll be dosing until summer. If I blended in solvent, do you think there's much danger of DCM/acetone/methanol dissolving the plastic jug of my blender? It's just a standard hard transparent plastic, not sure on the exact type of plastic as it's currently on loan to a friend.

fourthripley
#47 Posted : 2/16/2016 11:56:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DCM and Acetone may well dissolve parts of your plastic blender jug. Acetone is highly flammable so a bad idea in conjunction with a pulsing electric motor.
mistakes were made

downwardsfromzero
#48 Posted : 2/17/2016 3:43:20 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

anne halonium wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

Tee-hee! Thing is, my ovids were so clean, pure and stong, the thought of extracting them is frankly terrifying! I tried once and it went tits up. It's thanks to experience alone that I didn't completely flip out or have a heart attack! I kid you not. I made one mistaken assumption and ended up with an unexpected, unprepared, terrifying overdose.

If this ever happens to any of you, the advice to lie down in a dark room and not attempt to do anything is about the best I could suggest. Make sure you have a pot to piss in.

When rapidly confronted with 50 mg+ of psiloc(yb)in, the mind and body simply go into shock and there is little you can do about it besides surrender. Which is of course easier said than done. When your body has gone into panic mode and there's nowhere to run, well, it's a HELL of a ride, literally.Twisted Evil Shocked Crying or very sad Stop

Hopefully I've learned something as a result Surprised Embarrased Rolling eyes

thank you very, very much.
now copy and paste that on a pink floyd concert,
except we huddled under our seats , 6th row...........
spent big bux for that show, only to be terrorized by a flying pig.
as thats all ya can see hiding on the floor........

those micro crystals are to be respected.

ive felt the wrath of deems.
ive felt the wrath of psil crystals.
the wrath is the wrath, but the psil wrath scares me more.

extreme deems is over in an half hour.
extreme psil extracts, can wreck you for 4-6 hours...or more.
Well it was four or five hours of sheer hell, out of a total eight or nine hours. Hard to tell, as the really bad bit lasted FOREVER. I cried. I nearly cried now just thinking about it. I'm really glad I was somewhere cosy, private and safe!

In those moments I truly understood how some of the horror stories hit the headlines.

It was truly, truly harsh. I cannot overstate the importance of ritual with regards doses like that one, for that was what was lacking in that instance. When it hit me I didn't even have time to light a joss stick. Next thing I knew, all hell broke loose, my heart rate went through the roof and I had to take every breath consciously (or at least that's how it seemed at the time).

Thinking about it, the dose could have been into triple figures of milligrams. Hmm. Silly me.

How unusual, I'm not one of the ones talking about solvents here!

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

benzyme
#49 Posted : 2/17/2016 6:11:38 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

hmmm...

wish I had the quantities. I'd love to perform a separation under pressure, with carbon dioxide. my current system is inert, some slightly protonated alcohol (or ethyl acetate) as an entrainer would make it interesting. quick nonpolar defat first, of course
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

steppa
#50 Posted : 2/17/2016 8:46:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anne halonium wrote:

however i briefed a grower student on this , and hes working it up,
lets see what happpens with that.

we may see some pics soon.

We will. Thumbs up
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

1ce
#51 Posted : 2/17/2016 1:37:11 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

benzyme wrote:
hmmm...

wish I had the quantities. I'd love to perform a separation under pressure, with carbon dioxide. my current system is inert, some slightly protonated alcohol (or ethyl acetate) as an entrainer would make it interesting. quick nonpolar defat first, of course

Summer is just around the corner Pleased
Ps. Cyanesens grow all over. But so do their look-a-likes. I've yet to gain the courage to eat anything wild. Sick

anne halonium
#52 Posted : 2/17/2016 8:23:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice to see ya ice.........

i figured you'd pop up the minit some said " chloroform".

1ce
#53 Posted : 2/17/2016 10:28:29 PM

My senses only tingle when people snob chloroform. Big grin

downwardsfromzero
#54 Posted : 2/17/2016 11:17:27 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

What about tetrachloroethylene, 1ce?

benzyme wrote:

I was hoping you'd say something like this Very happy

Quantities are something easily remedied, given the willpower.

If you can manifest some ovoids, I have a suspicion your experiments would be quite rewarding.

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

pitubo
#55 Posted : 2/17/2016 11:55:04 PM

dysfunctional word machine

I would like to add my experience to the list of cautions regarding the consumption of psilocin extracts.

On several occasions have I ingested smaller amounts (<20 mg) of psilocin tincture with pleasurable effects. It has a much faster onset and a somewhat shorter duration of effects. Overall, the experience is very clean with clearly reduced body load compared to whole mushrooms.

But this one time I mistakenly assumed that a bottle of tincture had lost its potency. It had been kept in my freezer for more than a year, after it had been given to me by a friend who had hauled it all across Europe and back in the summertime. Most of the bottle had been emptied by the time the friend returned home, but a sizable amount was still left and he had kept the remains in his freezer for quite some time before donating it to me.

I am not sure how much I ingested, but it may well have been around or over 100 mg. Within 5 minutes I felt "wrong" and sick and I decided to postpone the plan to go outside and embark on a bicycle ride. Fifteen minutes later it came on very strongly, and what hit me was not the psychological effects but the physical effects. What I experienced most resembled a serotonin overdose, as it matched many symptoms of serotonin syndrome.

It came in waves and as these got progressively more intense, my conscious presence started to drop out. For a while I feared "this is it, the end." After about an hour the worst had subsided. Although noticeably under the influence, I was not tripping in the usual way, probably due to the adrenaline I produced.

After a few more hours, by the time the psilocin should regularly have worn off, I felt very heavy and tired.

I have on occasions ingested a lot of mushrooms at once, probably dosing effectively more psilocin than in the above experience, but never had I such "serotonin overdose"-like effects from it. With straight shrooms, it may be really intense psychologically and I have felt very sick in the gut from large amounts of mushroom fruitbodies, but in those cases I never felt as poisoned as I did from the concentrated psilocin tincture. I suspect that the sudden influx all at once of large amounts of psilocin (as opposed to slow and gradual digestive uptake from whole fruitbodies) causes a swamping of sorts of receptor systems and metabolic enzymes in the central nervous system.

So be careful with psilocin extracts, especially when not knowing exactly how strong the actual dose is.

downwardsfromzero
#56 Posted : 2/18/2016 12:40:54 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The bottom of the bottle can get more concentrated from solvent evaporation, too. And who knows what yucky effects might be produced by unfathomed psiloc(yb)in breakdown products? (The fabled "photocybin" notwithstanding...)

User_7
#57 Posted : 2/18/2016 9:50:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol 1ce, you're master of the chemical world and an advocate of chloroform but scared of some wild mushrooms. Nothing looks like cyans and bruises blue. If you still want to be safe, just post an ID request on the Shroomery or somewhere. The Mushroom ID forum there isn't like the kids on the rest of the site, there's some excellent mycologists there. (And since Annie got banned the whole site's improved Razz)

Nexus should have an ID section under mushrooms.

anne halonium
#58 Posted : 2/18/2016 10:04:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

User_7 wrote:
(And since Annie got banned the whole site's improved Razz)

the illuminati appreciate me more i suppose............

thanx pitubo,
i suspected some people had done experiments also,
and were aware of the risks.

shake those bottles good now.

back to work!

1ce
#59 Posted : 2/19/2016 4:41:38 AM

User_7 wrote:
Lol 1ce, you're master of the chemical world and an advocate of chloroform but scared of some wild mushrooms. Nothing looks like cyans and bruises blue. If you still want to be safe, just post an ID request on the Shroomery or somewhere. The Mushroom ID forum there isn't like the kids on the rest of the site, there's some excellent mycologists there. (And since Annie got banned the whole site's improved Razz)

Hahaha xD! Benzyme is the golden flask! Embarrased

They look alot like galerinas, and they often do grow together here. I know what the ID information is, but I'd still never harvest them unless I had an experienced shroom hunter with me Very happy

pitubo
#60 Posted : 2/19/2016 4:26:59 PM

dysfunctional word machine

User_7 wrote:
If you still want to be safe, just post an ID request on the Shroomery or somewhere. The Mushroom ID forum there isn't like the kids on the rest of the site, there's some excellent mycologists there.

Personally, I would not easily trust an online verification. Even if there are some certified mycologists with relevant expertise on the shroomery, how would I know if I am actually speaking to one and not to some kid pretending?

On the other hand, if I were an expert mycologist, I would be very cautious about identifying mushrooms based on some pictures posted on a forum. Even the best photographs in expensive reference works cannot give me the information that the look and feel (and smell, too) of a real mushroom before my eyes and in my hands can. Amateur pictures too often have bad lighting, bad focus and do not provide all of the details that an expert requires for proper identification.

User_7 wrote:

Perhaps that should better be left to a dedicated mushroom site. Here, the chances of getting sound advice are even lower than on the shroomery.

1ce wrote:
They look alot like galerinas, and they often do grow together here. I know what the ID information is, but I'd still never harvest them unless I had an experienced shroom hunter with me Very happy

A very wise policy IMHO. Safety first.

All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.

PREV12345NEXT»