We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Trichocereus ID Options

Kannamate
#41 Posted : 10/10/2009 11:18:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thought I'd post this nice relevant image to this thread.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

'Coatl
#42 Posted : 10/10/2009 11:49:07 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Thank you very much for posting that. It's a fairly good guide.

However note that the "T.pachanoi" picture is of the predominant cultivar "Pachanot" and does not represent what a real Trichocereus pachanoi would look like.

Here are some pictures of REAL Trichocereus pachanoi-

Pictures by Mr.Smith.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

antichode
#43 Posted : 10/11/2009 1:24:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The one labelled as T Pach looks very much like a PC Pach. The thin ribs and aeroles kind of pointing up with distinct ridges on each make it look like this..... SWIM would say that is not a good example of a real T.Pach

Kannamate
#44 Posted : 10/11/2009 10:52:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok yeah as a frame of reference for newbies who don't know what they have. It's decent at least for peruvianus which seems to have the most confusion.

Buster
#45 Posted : 10/11/2009 4:18:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

can any one id this for me?
Buster attached the following image(s):
063.JPG (2,617kb) downloaded 570 time(s).
064.JPG (767kb) downloaded 570 time(s).
065.JPG (780kb) downloaded 568 time(s).
066.JPG (518kb) downloaded 569 time(s).
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

soulfood
#46 Posted : 10/11/2009 4:55:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I don't know my stuff about cactus, but I want to say trichocereus bridgseii.

As I said I don't know my cacti very well, but I'll be smug if I got this right Smile

'Coatl
#47 Posted : 10/11/2009 6:06:48 PM

Teotzlcoatl

It's really hard to ID Trichocereus while they are still seedlings, you will have to wait until it shows it adult traits.

But I said it looks like Trichocereus peruvianus or T. cuzcoensis to me.

Just because the way the spines look... but it is strange how it is all wavy along the ribs... maybe it's something else.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

Buster
#48 Posted : 10/11/2009 9:41:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks folksSmile ,it was sold to me as T bridgesii,i just thought i'd get some other opinions
as im quite new to the world of cacti,cheers.

peace
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

kemist
#49 Posted : 10/19/2009 6:57:11 PM

John

'Coatl wrote:

Betcha $5 your all using the predominant cultivar "Pachanot" which DOES NOT REPRESENT what TRUE T. pachanoi is!!!

A BLOODY PACHANOT ? You must kidding us.

New grown tip (this year) of parrot`s cacti resemble more pachanoi , but the bottom part look like peruvianus.....
Interesting ..... he has no idea in which conditions was cacti grown previously, but they were definitelly different.

Growing same cacti in different conditions make them look DIFFERENT!

Ok then........not much help here......... parrot need take cutting and call ILPT to perform extraction on it.

Then decide wheter keep it ,or bin it and purchase new cacti

When is the best time to take cutting ? now in autumn?
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

'Coatl
#50 Posted : 10/19/2009 7:07:42 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Ya I like to make cuttings in the fall and let them root over the winter, so they are ready to go in the spring!

kemist
#51 Posted : 10/19/2009 8:16:18 PM

John

'Coatl wrote:
Ya I like to make cuttings in the fall and let them root over the winter, so they are ready to go in the spring!

He is thinking more like when the level of potency is higher? Cacti was grown pretty hard this summer
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Infundibulum
#52 Posted : 10/19/2009 10:21:36 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

OK, heres' a cactus for you guys to ID:

Trichocereus?

And if yes, what species?
Infundibulum attached the following image(s):
CACTUS.jpg (635kb) downloaded 525 time(s).

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

antichode
#53 Posted : 10/20/2009 4:03:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Frenzal wrote:
Pachanoi?

Scopulicola?

Hey Frenzel

SWIM thinks you have some nice big Pachanoi there. They are yellow and not the healthiest looking because of possibly over watering and too much sun.... Its been a very wet winter in the antipodes and if your cacti were outside the whole time they would have suffered.

The scops that SWIM has come across in the south pacific look very different., they dont produce a glaucous bloom which is a dead give away. Your cacti dont seem to either but thats probably from the rain and stress they have been under, You will start to see the bloom come out over summer. Make sure you repot them with some well drained soil and dont use liquid ferilizer, use slow release so they dont get growth spurts and end up with skinny bits as they grow. Slow release ensures steady growth

Scops have steep valleys meeting very close to the centre of the plant, the ridges never flatten out like they do on a pach, they are like triangles. And lastly, scops tend to grow much fatter, if those were scops at that height, SWIM would expect them to be thicker.... but growing conditions can affect this, so its not the greatest way to identify a scop

And lastly SWIM has never seen a scop with spines, they are completley blind and you can grab them without getting pricked....Your plants do have little ones protruding out Smile

hope that helps.

here's some pictures swim found from your neck of the woods, classic scop.... really quite different to the other Trich's

Frenzal
#54 Posted : 10/20/2009 5:42:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cheers antichode, that firms the ID up quite a bit.

And extra thanks for the care info, although swim doesn't think he can keep this cactus inside over winter (too tall for his hothouse!) he will attempt to repot at some point.

Phlux-
#55 Posted : 10/20/2009 10:02:10 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Infundibulum - looks like a pedro(pachanoi) to me.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Infundibulum
#56 Posted : 10/20/2009 1:02:44 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Phlux- wrote:
Infundibulum - looks like a pedro(pachanoi) to me.

Thanks for the input!

But why would that not qualify for a "short spined peruvianus?"

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jorkest
#57 Posted : 10/20/2009 2:29:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

id say it looks like a pedro as well....
it's a sound

'Coatl
#58 Posted : 10/20/2009 6:39:18 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Infundibulum I would say that is a Trichocereus pachanoi.

teotenakeltje
#59 Posted : 10/22/2009 8:29:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

could anyone give me an id on this one?

thanks a lot !

kemist
#60 Posted : 10/24/2009 9:32:23 PM

John

Infundibulum wrote:
OK, heres' a cactus for you guys to ID:

Trichocereus?

And if yes, what species?

Looks pretty much like pachanoi, but it could be hybrid
teotenakeltje wrote:
could anyone give me an id on this one?

thanks a lot !

That colour of spines resemble torch. It could be peruvian torch, but most likely some hybrid maybe with t. fulvianus o

kemist wrote:

This one was sold as pedro, but look like peruvianus Shocked

And thisone is more likely peruvianus x pachanoi hybrid hehe.
Parrot try to take picture of this hybrid soon and will post it

Anybody can comment on potency of these peruvianus x pachanoi hybrids ?

PREV12345NEXT»