We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
GMO/Synthehuasca: Would You Take It? Options

Nathanial.Dread
#21 Posted : 12/24/2015 7:58:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Man From Chan Chan wrote:
SHroomtroll wrote:
GMO is a technology, it cant be good or bad. AGREED.
Its a tool and who is using it, and why is what matters. FTFY.

Im sure like anything else we will learn how to use it properly in time. HMMM? SEE BELOW

http://www.gmeducation.o...lly-engineered-hell.html

There's a difference between the health and safety of consuming a GMO, and the other environmental practices that the use of GMOs facilitates. I don't think there's anyone here who would claim that monoculture farming, or the liberal use of pesticides allowed by Roundup-Ready crops is a good thing (you just start seeing Roundup resistant weeds, which necessitates more herbicide, just like with antibiotics), however, you need to be able to draw a line between the science of GMOs (which is, in my mind, pretty clearly settled), with the politics and practices of Monsanto and related biotech corporations.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Chan
#22 Posted : 12/24/2015 9:15:45 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
just like with antibiotics

This.

The fastest buck always wins.
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

obliguhl
#23 Posted : 8/12/2017 7:37:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spacexplorer
#24 Posted : 8/15/2017 5:43:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm maybe if it was just as healthy and good, i dont trust gmos though, on second thought NO,

NO GMOS
NO GMOS
NO GMOS!!!

we dont know WHAT we're messing around with.

Psilociraptor
#25 Posted : 8/15/2017 4:23:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree with many others on here. I don't eat GMO when i can avoid it. Not because GMO is bad, but because of what it is they're trying to do with it. Whether it's spray more pesticides, increase the levels of toxic wheat germ agglutinin, or whatever. Context is key and the context under which businesses operate frequently disregard harm to the public. And overall I just don't have the time and energy to sit down and sift out which practices are in good faith and which aren't for every single thing i eat. Too many black holes to go down. So i stick with the time tested.

As for GMO ayahuasca... probably not. But mostly because ayahuasca has a huge cultural context to me. But who knows, maybe some kind of fermenting psilocin producing Kombucha would be rad Big grin I would certainly smoke GMO produced DMT. I sometimes wonder about all the ways the drug war can be one with genetic engineering. Engineering innocuous plants and microbes for rapid dissemination. "We've engineered a symbiotic fungus on this Kudzu plant to produce LSD". Imagine the mayhem in trying to control that! Unfortunately I don't know much about the pathways involved and whether there is enough research to isolate the necessary genes with all the appropriate control elements. Any other biochemists on here who've looked into that I'd love to talk. For educational purposes of course. I do not have the expertise or desire to do this in the current legal state

Edit: of course right after i commented i saw this thread Razz https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=76508

PREV12