We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Is this acacia maidenii? Options

skyline97
#21 Posted : 12/14/2015 1:51:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
I grow madenii and confusa, my madenii has much narrower philodes than the pics you posted in the op. Yours look more like my confusas.

Hmm i'm going to get some more pictures, I just looked up location of the Confusa and it's not even located in my country.

So far the only one that looks similar and is actually located in my state is the madenii

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

skyline97
#22 Posted : 1/9/2016 5:04:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bump can anyone ID acacia's good if so i'll get more pictures

Kap10kronik
#23 Posted : 3/14/2017 3:08:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey bud, I recently decided to follow some advice after aclompishing my initial goal n wanted to get a feel for our natives to appreciate the plant more and encountered the same problem but after some hrs pondering it hit me. Check your local botanical gardens. Make a day of it and walk through having a read of the info plaques. I say this in good faith that your not a dick and will go there and destroy a few plants for the sake of it. Apart from a good day there's plenty of information readily available. Take a pic as a reference and go out there and try and find your very own maidenii or obstrusfolia what ever you desire. With that said the key notes I remembered about the maidenii is the of the trunk maybe a 10 of the way up has bark resembles a eucalypt or something of the sought as its quite rugged and thick. Above that is a smoother bark that looks more similar to a jacaranda. As stated in a previous reply the leaves are quite narrow

PREV12