We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
<3 acid Options

entheogenic-gnosis
#41 Posted : 7/11/2016 2:49:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
...we need more people like Nick sand, Tim scully, owsley Stanley, Alexander shulgin, Casey hardison, and so on...

We need more people who are willing to manufacture and spread this amazing compound, and who are able to do it properly

Properly is the magic word. I mean LSD is not for everybody and I can see the harm it may cause to certain persons, giving them a good "death" trip. I mean there are so many dumb ppl out there, not willing to get informed and just swallowing the crap they get offered, in a certain way I understand the state wanting to control the substances. Most manufacturers aren't even printing some basic information (dose, manufacturing date, the used substance like 1P, ALD-52, 25I etc.) on the backside of the blotter. I mean the stupidity on the user & manufacturer side is mindblowing, too.

I think we need more legitimate research and more licenses for ppl who can handle the molecule. What's the problem even? Nichols et al. should just open up a crypto currency account for their research budget and the money flows. Nutt collected 50,000 GBP in no time. If every intelligent acid user chips in with some $2-500, the researchers have plenty of money to spend. And obviously you are allowed to do research in the UK & CH with humans. I remember some human 25B or 25C studies in DK, too.

I have mixed feelings here, I'm also torn between both sides.

I'm a chemistry student (though currently I'm on a break from academia, I have not stopped my study, but put school on pause), and have been working "in the system" for years. I'm all for research, and understanding these compounds in a scientific manner, I'm pro-research.

But at the same time I'm also a psychoactivist and an alchemist, and keep finding it harder and harder to find ethical qualms with flooding society with massive amounts of high quality LSD, which was produced with care, and meant to be distributed for free to anybody who wants it...

This is about changing the world one mind at a time.

-eg

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ijahdan
#42 Posted : 7/11/2016 3:23:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think acid is definitely the most versatile psychedelic. My first psychedelic experiences were with mushrooms which I picked wild (right outside the back gates of my school!). Im glad of that and would recommend shrooms as anyone's first trip. Perfect for a day or night out in the countryside round a campfire, with close friends, but not so good in an urban setting or with a lot of random strangers imo.

LSD on the other hand seems equally suitable for inner city tripping, indoors or out, even navigating complicated public transport systems and in different social situations. Lack of body load is also a plus for me. Whereas mushrooms tend to make me a bit uncoordinated, acid gives me seemingly greater than normal coordination, proprioception, reaction time and flexibility.

I found one time while attempting some yogic stretches (on a decent tab), I was able to get much further into the moves than normal, without any effort or strain. Another time, I was running down a steep slope and reached a speed where my legs couldnt keep up with my body. I fell forward and went into a triple somersault, landing perfectly on my feet. Couldnt repeat that if I tried.

While being in a large modern city on mushrooms normally makes me fairly uneasy and wanting to head for the hills, on acid it turns into a crazy sci-fi wonderland to explore and have adventures in. Definitely the psychedelic for the modern age.

entheogenic-gnosis
#43 Posted : 7/11/2016 3:29:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution-then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise."
ALDOUS HUXLEY

-eg

Ufostrahlen
#44 Posted : 7/11/2016 3:52:36 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Quote:
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution-then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise."
ALDOUS HUXLEY

-eg

You should read: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9154737 // http://moscow.sci-hub.bz...fb8/10.2307%40235827.pdf -- a different view on acid & the general population before the 67 ban.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

entheogenic-gnosis
#45 Posted : 7/12/2016 12:01:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The subsequent government crackdown and regulation of LSD preceded the 1960s drug movement and was prompted by medical, not social, concerns.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9154737

I'm not sure I believe this in any way...

They fail to mention the CIA, MKULTRA, or the reasons why LSD spread...

If the concern was medical, rather than social, than why would they be content placing LSD users in prison? Rather than hospitals?

...the system saw its values and culture quite literally dissolving in acid, and panicked...it was purely social.

And to blame the counter culture for the spread of LSD, and not the CIA, is missing a huge chunk of the story...

Regardless:
Quote:
The primary health concerns about LSD use are related to psychological health rather than risk of physical damage to the body or brain. As senior LSD researcher Dr. David Nichols, Distinguished Chair of Pharmacology at Purdue University and head of one of the world's top LSD research labs, stated in his 2004 review article on hallucinogens, "There is no evidence that any of the hallucinogens, even the very powerful semisynthetic LSD, causes damage to any human body organ. [...] Hallucinogens do not cause life-threatening changes in cardiovascular, renal, or hepatic function because they have little or no affinity for the biological receptors and targets that mediate vital vegetative functions. -erowid

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#46 Posted : 7/12/2016 12:02:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The second link was in Russian...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#47 Posted : 7/12/2016 12:04:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
LSD is reported to have some beneficial effects on health, including improvements in mental health; increased connection to spirituality; insights into self and world; the treatment of cluster headaches; use in combating addiction to other drugs and behaviors; and reducing use of pain medications and anxiety levels in people facing terminal illnesses. Although small-scale clinical studies by legitimate scientific laboratories have suggested these claims may be worthy of further investigation, large-scale clinical studies have yet to be conducted to validate this pilot work. -erowid

-eg

Ufostrahlen
#48 Posted : 7/12/2016 2:29:55 PM

The subsequent government crackdown and regulation of LSD preceded the 1960s drug movement and was prompted by medical, not social, concerns.

Alright, I over read this segment. A little weird. One hand it was purely social/political, since there was fear from the counterculture. But then not everybody is fit for LSD, too. I mean the occasional horror trip is a medical concern indeed. But then the government should be abolished, too, because who gives the ppl horror trips without any drugs involved.

I posted the link, because it was new to me that there was a pre-Leary era and you already found ppl spreading myths about drugs. And if drug naive ppl believe what drug advertisers and glamorizers have to say, shit will hit the fan. That's why I'm in favor of real, peer-reviewed science. Above link may not fit this criteria Smile

Good point, that's what I have in mind. LSD shouldn't be in the hand of thugs, rogue chemists, devious evil agencies or just plain stupid ppl. It should be manufactured by licensed companies with strict quality control and everybody who gets a benefit out of it (I consider recreation a benefit) should be able to go to a pharmacy and just buy a 5 strip properly labeled with an insert and adequate packing (argon in a brown bottle?)

I doubt prices will be a concern, shouldn't be higher than black market pricing. (is that already price talk? I'm purely speaking hypothetically) And I'm sure you find chemists volunteering in a non-profit organization manufacturing it.

Actually, aren't ppl buying paddos & truffles legally in NL for at least 15 years? Haven't heard of NLers eating their friends faces or the breakdown of society.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

entheogenic-gnosis
#49 Posted : 7/12/2016 4:27:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:

Alright, I over read this segment. A little weird. One hand it was purely social/political, since there was fear from the counterculture. But then not everybody is fit for LSD, too. I mean the occasional horror trip is a medical concern indeed. But then the government should be abolished, too, because who gives the ppl horror trips without any drugs involved.

I posted the link, because it was new to me that there was a pre-Leary era and you already found ppl spreading myths about drugs. And if drug naive ppl believe what drug advertisers and glamorizers have to say, shit will hit the fan. That's why I'm in favor of real, peer-reviewed science. Above link may not fit this criteria Smile

Good point, that's what I have in mind. LSD shouldn't be in the hand of thugs, rogue chemists, devious evil agencies or just plain stupid ppl. It should be manufactured by licensed companies with strict quality control and everybody who gets a benefit out of it (I consider recreation a benefit) should be able to go to a pharmacy and just buy a 5 strip properly labeled with an insert and adequate packing (argon in a brown bottle?)

I doubt prices will be a concern, shouldn't be higher than black market pricing. (is that already price talk? I'm purely speaking hypothetically) And I'm sure you find chemists volunteering in a non-profit organization manufacturing it.

Actually, aren't ppl buying paddos & truffles legally in NL for at least 15 years? Haven't heard of NLers eating their friends faces or the breakdown of society.

Ideally all drugs should be handled in this manner, they should be produced in state of the art laboratories by qualified professionals under strict safety regulations, and they should be distributed through licensed centers, for drugs like heroin it may even be necessary to have a facility where heroin users can inject their drug with medical staff close by...legalization and regulation is the answer...

People feel if drugs were legal the world would stop turning, the fact of the matter is, legal or not it would probably be the same number of people using them, countless drug users function in society daily ALREADY and the world does just fine, so I'm not sure why people think if these same people were doing this legally the world would somehow stop...

...but, the CIA, DEA, and federal government have been exploiting the black market status of illegal drugs to fund foreign armies, who lack hard currency to fund themselves, but possess drugs.

Quote:
1947 to 1951, FRANCE

According to Alfred W. McCoy in The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia, CIA arms, money, and disinformation enabled Corsican criminal syndicates in Marseille to wrestle control of labor unions from the Communist Party. The Corsicans gained political influence and control over the docks — ideal conditions for cementing a long-term partnership with mafia drug distributors, which turned Marseille into the postwar heroin capital of the Western world. Marseille’s first heroin laboratones were opened in 1951, only months after the Corsicans took over the waterfront.

EARLY 1950s, SOUTHEAST ASIA

The Nationalist Chinese army, organized by the CIA to wage war against Communist China, became the opium barons of The Golden Triangle (parts of Burma, Thailand and Laos), the world’s largest source of opium and heroin. Air America, the ClA’s principal airline proprietary, flew the drugs all over Southeast Asia. (See Christopher Robbins, Air America, Avon Books, 1985, chapter 9)

1950s to early 1970s, INDOCHINA During U.S. military involvement in Laos and other parts of Indochina, Air America flew opium and heroin throughout the area. Many Gl’s in Vietnam became addicts. A laboratory built at CIA headquarters in northern Laos was used to refine heroin. After a decade of American military intervention, Southeast Asia had become the source of 70 percent of the world’s illicit opium and the major supplier of raw materials for America’s booming heroin market.

1973-80, AUSTRALIA

The Nugan Hand Bank of Sydney was a CIA bank in all but name. Among its officers were a network of US generals, admirals and CIA men, including fommer CIA Director William Colby, who was also one of its lawyers. With branches in Saudi Arabia, Europe, Southeast Asia, South America and the U.S., Nugan Hand Bank financed drug trafficking, money laundering and international arms dealings. In 1980, amidst several mysterious deaths, the bank collapsed, $50 million in debt. (See Jonathan Kwitny, The Crimes of Patriots: A True Tale of Dope, Dirty Money and the CIA, W.W. Norton & Co., 1 987.)

1970s and 1980s, PANAMA

For more than a decade, Panamanian strongman Manuel Noriega was a highly paid CIA asset and collaborator, despite knowledge by U.S. drug authorities as early as 1971 that the general was heavily involved in drug trafficking and money laundering. Noriega facilitated ”guns-for-drugs” flights for the contras, providing protection and pilots, as well as safe havens for drug cartel otficials, and discreet banking facilities. U.S. officials, including then-ClA Director William Webster and several DEA officers, sent Noriega letters of praise for efforts to thwart drug trafficking (albeit only against competitors of his Medellin Cartel patrons). The U.S. government only turned against Noriega, invading Panama in December 1989 and kidnapping the general once they discovered he was providing intelligence and services to the Cubans and Sandinistas. Ironically drug trafficking through Panama increased after the US invasion. (John Dinges, Our Man in Panama, Random House, 1991; National Security Archive Documentation Packet The Contras, Cocaine, and Covert Operations.)

1980s, CENTRAL AMERICA

The San Jose Mercury News series documents just one thread of the interwoven operations linking the CIA, the contras and the cocaine cartels. Obsessed with overthrowing the leftist Sandinista government in Nicaragua, Reagan administration officials tolerated drug trafficking as long as the traffickers gave support to the contras. In 1989, the Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism, Narcotics, and International Operations (the Kerry committee) concluded a three-year investigation by stating:

“There was substantial evidence of drug smuggling through the war zones on the part of individual Contras, Contra suppliers, Contra pilots mercenaries who worked with the Contras, and Contra supporters throughout the region…. U.S. officials involved in Central America failed to address the drug issue for fear of jeopardizing the war efforts against Nicaragua…. In each case, one or another agency of the U.S. govemment had intormation regarding the involvement either while it was occurring, or immediately thereafter…. Senior U S policy makers were nit immune to the idea that drug money was a perfect solution to the Contras’ funding problems.” (Drugs, Law Enforcement and Foreign Policy, a Report of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, Subcommittee on Terrorism, Narcotics and Intemational Operations, 1989)

In Costa Rica, which served as the “Southern Front” for the contras (Honduras being the Northern Front), there were several different ClA-contra networks involved in drug trafficking. In addition to those servicing the Meneses-Blandon operation detailed by the Mercury News, and Noriega’s operation, there was CIA operative John Hull, whose farms along Costa Rica’s border with Nicaragua were the main staging area for the contras. Hull and other ClA-connected contra supporters and pilots teamed up with George Morales, a major Miami-based Colombian drug trafficker who later admitted to giving $3 million in cash and several planes to contra leaders. In 1989, after the Costa Rica government indicted Hull for drug trafficking, a DEA-hired plane clandestinely and illegally flew the CIA operative to Miami, via Haiti. The US repeatedly thwarted Costa Rican efforts to extradite Hull back to Costa Rica to stand trial. Another Costa Rican-based drug ring involved a group of Cuban Amencans whom the CIA had hired as military trainers for the contras. Many had long been involved with the CIA and drug trafficking They used contra planes and a Costa Rican-based shnmp company, which laundered money for the CIA, to move cocaine to the U.S. Costa Rica was not the only route. Guatemala, whose military intelligence service — closely associated with the CIA — harbored many drug traffickers, according to the DEA, was another way station along the cocaine highway.

Additionally, the Medellin Cartel’s Miami accountant, Ramon Milian Rodriguez, testified that he funneled nearly $10 million to Nicaraguan contras through long-time CIA operative Felix Rodriguez, who was based at Ilopango Air Force Base in El Salvador. The contras provided both protection and infrastructure (planes, pilots, airstrips, warehouses, front companies and banks) to these ClA-linked drug networks. At least four transport companies under investigation for drug trafficking received US govemment contracts to carry non-lethal supplies to the contras. Southern Air Transport, “formerly” ClA-owned, and later under Pentagon contract, was involved in the drug running as well. Cocaine-laden planes flew to Florida, Texas, Louisiana and other locations, including several militarv bases Designated as ‘Contra Craft,” these shipments were not to be inspected. When some authority wasn’t clued in and made an arrest, powerful strings were pulled on behalf of dropping the case, acquittal, reduced sentence, or deportation.

1980s to early 1990s, AFGHANISTAN

ClA-supported Moujahedeen rebels engaged heavily in drug trafficking while fighting against the Soviet-supported govemment and its plans to reform the very backward Afghan society. The Agency’s principal client was Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, one of the leading druglords and leading heroin refiner. CIA supplied trucks and mules, which had carried arms into Afghanistan, were used to transport opium to laboratories along the Afghan Pakistan border. The output provided up to one half of the heroin used annually in the United States and three-quarters of that used in Western Europe. US officials admitted in 1990 that they had failed to investigate or take action against the drug operabon because of a desire not to offend their Pakistani and Afghan allies. In 1993, an official of the DEA called Afghanistan the new Colombia of the drug world.

MlD-1980s to early 199Os, HAITI

While working to keep key Haitian military and political leaders in power, the CIA turned a blind eye to their clients’ drug trafficking. In 1986, the Agency added some more names to its payroll by creating a new Haitian organization, the National Intelligence Service (SIN). SIN was purportedly created to fight the cocaine trade, though SIN officers themselves engaged in the trafficking, a trade aided and abetted by some of the Haitian military and political leaders.
http://www.globalresearc...-in-the-drug-trade/10013

Sorry for all the text, drugs is an issue which can't be discussed without understanding the true motivations for their contraband status, it's not as simple as it would appear on the surface...

Mckenna outlines this issue in a little less boring style:
Quote:
And I think people on our side of this question have been tremendously naive, because people just think, 'We just have to convince them that it's harmless.' *It ain't harmless.* It is a knife poised at the heart of dominator values. It would make the modern industrial assembly line, political loyalites, the macho image projection -- all of these little tricks that they're running are severely eroded by cannabis. And they will stop at nothing to eradicate it. Look at the budget of the DEA -- what are they doing? They're giving, 65% is dedicated to cannabis eradication. Heroin gets 20%, coke gets all the rest. It's demonstrably absurd the way the money is spent, unless you have a secret agenda of some sort. And if your agenda is to supress the evolution of unwanted social attitudes in the American public, then you have to keep your eye on cannabis very very closely. The new guy who heads the War on Drugs, Martinez? This guy, I heard him on NPR this week, and his most passionate moment in the half hour interview was, he said, 'We have pushed the price of an ounce of cannabis past the price of an ounce of gold, and we're going to keep it that way.' Nothing about eradication, talk about keeping the price high. The fact that they refuse to tax it when they're starving for revenue shows that there must be a secret agenda. It doesn't make any kind of sense.

When I wrote this book, I did a lot of research on an area I didn't know that much about, which is, let's say from 1500 to the present, drugs of addiction. And what I discovered is drug smuggling is like assassination. If the government isn't involved, it never seems to really happen. And governments have been using drugs for centuries as forms of secret revenue. This whole sugar thing that I laid out to you, those were decisions made by the crown heads of Europe in collusion with the Pope. It wasn't common people who set those policies in place.

During the 1960's, when the black ghettos began to come apart, suddenly number three China white heroin was cheaper and more available than it had ever been in any time in this history of the heroin problem in the United States. Why? Because the CIA saw, you know, all these black guys are getting up, a bunch of uppity niggers as the government calls them, you just smother it in heroin. Get everybody either hooked or making money...

And they don't care really about the effects of drugs, and one group, one faction will work against another. For example, I'm a great afficianado of hashish, and hashish became very hard to get in the United States in the late 70's. But as soon as the Russians invaded Afghanistan, suddenly there was massive amounts of excellent Afghani hashish, at prices that nobody had seen for fifteen years. Well, the reason was, the CIA knows that hashish is not really a problem. But what they wanted is, they wanted an income for the mujahadin. And they had to pay for all these weapons. So they just started bringing it in wholesale. And it wasn't even a smuggling operation. I mean, I received reports from people who said, you know, 'Smuggling? They're not smuggling. They're unloading it on pier 39, union local 1030 is taking off, you know, five hundred pound blocks of hashish by the tens of thousands.' And the day the Afghan war ended? They staged an enormous series of interlocking busts on their own infrastructure, and they closed it down, and they pulled it to pieces.

When Khomeni kicked out the Shah, the Iranian heroin business then fell under the control of the mulahs, and at that point, suddenly cocaine emerges as a major problem in the United States, because we just switched our supply lines. We could no longer depend on Iranian heroin, because we couldn't depend on these screwy Islamic fundamentalists, so we just turned toward all of these company assets in Honduras and Ecuador and Columbia. Very, very cynical.

You know, it's only been a hundred and twenty years since the so called opium wars. Very few people know what the opium wars, what was the issue in the opium wars. Well, it turns out the British government wanted to deal opium in China, and the Chinese Emperor told them to get lost. And they flipped. And they sent naval units, and they laid siege to several Chinese cities, and they forced the Chinese imperial court to agree that they could deal as much opium as they wanted on the wharves of Shanghai...

The Japanese, when they invaded Manchuria in the Second World War, they immediately began producing heroin and opium in vast amounts, not then as an economic strategy, but as a strategy to break the will of the Chinese population by encouraging addiction, and there was vast amounts of opium addiction. If any of you saw 'The Last Emperor,' you recall that his mistress was severely addicted to opium, and it depicted it in a number of scenes.

So governments have very cynically manipulated drugs, so that the drugs which make it possible for capitalism to function are cheap and freely available, and the drugs which erode dominator values, or cause people to question their situation, are savagely supressed.

-terence mckenna

Psychedelics are another issue all-together in my mind, their impact is far different, and the one thing that sticks out more than anything was how our government handled psychedelics VS. Other narcotics.

Ronald Hadley Stark was a CIA agent... even Sidney Gottlieb was consumed by LSD, which further proves that even when the creepiest of government agencies had their hands on this stuff, it changed them!

For part of operation midnight climax George Hunter White under the alias of Morgan Hall would dress up as a beatnik and slip LSD into unsuspecting victims drinks, he named LSD "stormy" in his notes due to the wild variable reactions it produced. These agents seemed to actually enjoy dressing up being "hippies", it seemed that LSD altered anybody who touched it...which explains why after Leary and alpert a rule was put in place that any researcher working with LSD must have never tried the compound personally...

Quote:

http://whowhatwhy.org/20...-hit-men-top-levels-cia/
So, George, I think, what he ultimately came to believe about LSD was, first of all, that it was unpredictable. He, in fact, named it “Stormy,” that was his nickname for it because he never knew what you were going to get. You know, one person would take it and have an incredible experience and have visions of splendor and get off on it, and others would have a very bad trip and freak out. So you never knew what you were going to get, and you certainly never knew what you were going to get with George because a lot of times he would participate in the activities himself.

Ok sorry for all the text, it's this back ground information that is crucial though...

Regardless, as far as society is concerned, I think that a massive flood of high quality LSD available for free to anybody who wanted it would cure many of the problems we are facing...

https://www.inverse.com/...out-drugs-and-being-high

http://www.huffingtonpos...otherapy-_n_4906596.html

-eg

Ufostrahlen
#50 Posted : 7/12/2016 5:05:31 PM

Regardless, as far as society is concerned, I think that a massive flood of high quality LSD available for free to anybody who wanted it would cure many of the problems we are facing...

Wasn't that the rationale of the underground chemists? And isn't it already quite freely available? Most LSD RC are legal in Europe (and I think Canada); even the famous ALD-52 is back. And if they are illegal like in the US, just visit your trusty darknet market (Is this already sourcing? Please pardon me, as I think this is just common knowledge you can find everywhere in the clearnet, even on Wikipedia; I'm not giving away specifics).

So are the RC LSD manufactures branches of the CIA? And if the DEA/CIA/ABC is really that involved in the drug trade, wouldn't underground manufacture of real LSD require the permission of the local thug guild? If you really would start manufacturing LSD in gram quantity and start distributing it, I can imagine alot of agents will get into gear.

InLaKesh
#51 Posted : 7/14/2016 11:01:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just want to share that i am very happy !

The Acid came back into my life after all the bad RC uncertainess that turned me away from it after 17 years (HBWR was very good to fill the gap at home , but not for the festivalls and outdoor action). It also seems like the occassional LSD toppic is back on the nexus...

It feels like home...
I love LSD Love

P.S. Use the reagents , check your acid !
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

entheogenic-gnosis
#52 Posted : 7/14/2016 2:09:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:

Wasn't that the rationale of the underground chemists? And isn't it already quite freely available? Most LSD RC are legal in Europe (and I think Canada); even the famous ALD-52 is back. And if they are illegal like in the US, just visit your trusty darknet market (Is this already sourcing? Please pardon me, as I think this is just common knowledge you can find everywhere in the clearnet, even on Wikipedia; I'm not giving away specifics).

So are the RC LSD manufactures branches of the CIA? And if the DEA/CIA/ABC is really that involved in the drug trade, wouldn't underground manufacture of real LSD require the permission of the local thug guild? If you really would start manufacturing LSD in gram quantity and start distributing it, I can imagine alot of agents will get into gear.

The DEA and CIA are in full control of the drug trade, I feel in the post you were responding I laid out more than enough evidence...

...but again, psychedelics are a whole other issue from "drugs"

The CIA through MKULTRA would even have programs where they would pick an agent, slip LSD in his drink with out telling him, then give him the day of when it kicked in...Frank Olsen was a CIA biochemist, they dosed Frank, he lost it, so they murdered him, and made it look like a suicide...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Olson

High ranking government officials were given LSD, fearing the Russians would dose them causing them to behave foolishly in public embarrassing America...

Ronald Hadley Stark was a CIA agent and was also heavily tied to clandestine chemistry and the counter-culture...the lines get blurry in these areas.

I could spend weeks getting into MKULTRA and government manipulation of drugs, but I feel this is not the appropriate place.

Though...with what you were saying, Here is the difference, with RC lysergamide compounds and research chemicals it's a very small "in the know" community using these things, they may leak out of these groups from time to time, but in general, the only people on these modern available LSD like compounds are those who were in the know regarding psychedelics any way...

In the days of scully and sand and owsley, LSD was affecting EVERYONE, it was a full cultural phenomenon...it was being spread to EVERYONE, and literally affected EVERYTHING, music, art, literature, every aspect of culture was being touched by these things...even pop stars like the Beatles were going "psychedelic"

And now the it's back to a small community using these things...the majority of people have some generic notion of what these things may do, but have never taken these compounds, most people these days Don't even know anyone else who is taking these things...

What changed?

Was it that the CIA stoped their psychedelic programs?

Was it that owsley, sand, scully, and others never bothered to train apprentices to continue the good work?, and all let their chemistry and philosophy retire with them?

How did they mange to shrink the phenomenon back down to a harmless fringe community?

I have my ideas here, and I'm fairly certain as to potential solutions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqNYnolzldg

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#53 Posted : 7/14/2016 2:29:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.erowid.org/l...s_online/acid_dreams.pdf
PDF for "acid dreams" this book is crucial history for those interested in LSD, specially regarding the CIA and MKULTRA.

Stark was a CIA agent, he was also a counter-culture LSD chemist, this is one figure in psychedelia that shows the blurring of the lines between government agent and counter culture alchemists...

Quote:

http://www.brainsturbato...n-behind-the-lsd-curtain

Everyone's always getting busted, though. The history of LSD is full of incredibly intelligent men making highly stupid decisions. Yet through it all, from Operation Julie to the Sand-Scully case, Ronald Stark just kept on trucking. He was a calculating cameo artist: always on the scene, never holding the bag.

Stark had been working with US intelligence agencies for at least 9 years by the time of his most infamous moment, a legendary meeting with the "hippie mafia" drug syndicate called The Brotherhood of Eternal Love. (no joke.) They were looking for a new supplier and Stark kicked off the meeting by showing them a kilogram of liquid LSD -- for US readers, that's 2.2 pounds of acid. Needless to say, his resume was persuasive. He claimed to have a dedicated lab in France, but it's his political philosophy that really makes Stark such an interesting character:

"He had a mission, he explained, to use LSD in order to facilitate the overthrow of the political systems of both the capitalist West and communist East by inducing altered states of consciousness in millions of people. Stark did not hide the fact that he was well connected in the world of covert politics."

The Brotherhood was sufficiently impressed to bring Ronald Stark into the fold, and what followed was the Golden Era of cheap, high-quality LSD. From 1969 through 1973, Stark and the Brotherhood dosed a generation and got away with it, too.

According to a figure quoted by everyone and verified by nobody, Stark made 20 kilograms of LSD in his career. Hippie lore generally gives Owsley Stanley the crown of the Acid King, but by Stanley's own estimates, his total production was a half kilogram. That might not sound like much -- but it adds up to over 5 million hits of acid. You can see why the Army and Navy were so interested in this compound: it is unusually powerful as drug molecules go.

Although the LSD story is closely associated with the Sandoz pharmaceutical corporation in Switzerland, most of the CIA's supply was actually domestic. Since at least 1954, the Eli Lilly Company was working under secret contract to keep the various MKNAOMI and ARTICHOKE research projects stocked up with magic mindfuck juice. The figures on their total LSD output are classified.

-eg

Ufostrahlen
#54 Posted : 7/14/2016 5:55:20 PM

I could spend weeks getting into MKULTRA and government manipulation of drugs, but I feel this is not the appropriate place.

Why not? This is an interesting and important topic. Are the neohippies swallowing acid from DEA controlled labs? Who are these ppl manufacturing psychedelics and what is their current agenda?

What changed?

Was it that owsley, sand, scully, and others never bothered to train apprentices to continue the good work?, and all let their chemistry and philosophy retire with them?

How did they mange to shrink the phenomenon back down to a harmless fringe community?

Plz elaborate. If necessary, in a new topic.

dreamer042
#55 Posted : 7/14/2016 7:49:09 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Ufostrahlen wrote:

The DEA and CIA are in full control of the drug trade, I feel in the post you were responding I laid out more than enough evidence...

...but again, psychedelics are a whole other issue from "drugs"

The CIA through MKULTRA would even have programs where they would pick an agent, slip LSD in his drink with out telling him, then give him the day of when it kicked in...Frank Olsen was a CIA biochemist, they dosed Frank, he lost it, so they murdered him, and made it look like a suicide...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Olson

High ranking government officials were given LSD, fearing the Russians would dose them causing them to behave foolishly in public embarrassing America...

Ronald Hadley Stark was a CIA agent and was also heavily tied to clandestine chemistry and the counter-culture...the lines get blurry in these areas.

Though...with what you were saying, Here is the difference, with RC lysergamide compounds and research chemicals it's a very small "in the know" community using these things, they may leak out of these groups from time to time, but in general, the only people on these modern available LSD like compounds are those who were in the know regarding psychedelics any way...

In the days of scully and sand and owsley, LSD was affecting EVERYONE, it was a full cultural phenomenon...it was being spread to EVERYONE, and literally affected EVERYTHING, music, art, literature, every aspect of culture was being touched by these things...even pop stars like the Beatles were going "psychedelic"

And now the it's back to a small community using these things...the majority of people have some generic notion of what these things may do, but have never taken these compounds, most people these days Don't even know anyone else who is taking these things...

What changed?

I have my ideas here, and I'm fairly certain as to potential solutions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqNYnolzldg

-eg

The early acid chemists did want to give it away for free, but Billy Hitchcock, who was putting up the cash to fund production, wouldn't hear of it, saying that people don't value something that they get for free.

The blurry line between intelligence agencies and LSD manufacture remains just as blurry today as it was back then. The old pros did train aspiring alcolytes and the dead family/rainbow family has carried that particular torch for the last 50 years. There are many who would say that those distribution networks are also fronts for/involved with intelligence agencies as well.

There are a couple factors at play that are changing the game right now. One as has already been mentioned is the darknet as a distribution network, the other, again already mentioned, is the huge amounts of crystalline lysergic analogues now floating around in all the marketplaces.

These substances have never been so available and we are only just beginning to see the first glimpse of where this is going. As far as the role LSD played in altering culture, haven't we seen much the same effect with DMT over the past decade?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

joedirt
#56 Posted : 7/15/2016 1:10:30 PM

Not I

Yes I definitely love LSD. Love Getting ready to drop in about an hour for a nice long day trip with a nice after glow for Dead and Company tonight at Fenway park.

LSD was also my first psychedelic and is one of the only ones I like to do and be around other people.. mescaline also serves this purpose well, but today it's LSD and the DEAD Whoot!

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

#57 Posted : 7/15/2016 2:09:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

LSD was my first psychedelic. It's what spawned all this and where I'm at now. The first experience on LSD I had was very powerful. The stars looking like over-magnified diamonds, moving with the same essence that was moving the trees, the grass, and the rest of it; everything that was happening was ultimately escaping words; that night I learned that the perceptible world and my interplay of being a physical being navigating it was flimsy at best; also the interplay of my subjective awareness in with it all. God was in the trees. All at the same time the experience was highly analytical and microscopic its presentation of my life and myself. It was definitely one of the most pivotal moments for me; changed the course for me with these substances and how I view them.

@joedirt

Enjoy that goodsir. Smile

entheogenic-gnosis
#58 Posted : 7/15/2016 2:39:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:

Why not? This is an interesting and important topic. Are the neohippies swallowing acid from DEA controlled labs? Who are these ppl manufacturing psychedelics and what is their current agenda?

What changed?

Plz elaborate. If necessary, in a new topic.

I was not entirely sure if people reading this thread wanted me to go into these areas...I did not want to venture too far from the topic of LSD...

Where would I even start? Midnight climax? Pont-saint-espirit, France?

Quote:
The 1951 Pont-Saint-Esprit mass poisoning, also known as Le Pain Maudit, was a mass poisoning on 15 August 1951, in the small town of Pont-Saint-Esprit in southern France. More than 250 people were involved, including 50 persons interned in asylums and 7 deaths. A foodborne illness was suspected, and among these it was originally believed to be a case of "cursed bread" (pain maudit).

Most academic sources accept ergot poisoning as the cause of the epidemic,[1][2][3][4][5] while a few theorize other causes such as poisoning by mercury, mycotoxins, or nitrogen trichloride. Fringe theorists have speculated that the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) intentionally poisoned the population in order to test a "deliriant incapacitating agent" during the Cold War. -Wikipedia

What that Wikipedia page fails to mention is the documents connecting Frank Olsen to Pont-Saint-Esprit, France, and the mass hallucinogenic incident, basically confirming that the CIA dosed an entire French village with some hallucinogenic agent, likely LSD or 3-Quinuclidinyl benzilate (BZ)

Quote:
Doctors at the time concluded that bread at one of the town's bakeries had become contaminated by ergot, a poisonous fungus that occurs naturally on rye.

That view remained largely unchallenged until 2009, when an American investigative journalist, Hank Albarelli, revealed a CIA document labelled: "Re: Pont-Saint-Esprit and F.Olson Files. SO Span/France Operation file, inclusive Olson. Intel files. Hand carry to Belin - tell him to see to it that these are buried."
F. Olson is Frank Olson, a CIA scientist who, at the time of the Pont St Esprit incident, led research for the agency into the drug LSD.
David Belin, meanwhile, was executive director of the Rockefeller Commission created by the White House in 1975 to investigate abuses carried out worldwide by the CIA.
Albarelli believes the Pont-Saint-Esprit and F. Olson Files, mentioned in the document, would show - if they had not been "buried" - that the CIA was experimenting on the townspeople, by dosing them with LSD.
The conclusion drawn at the time was that one of the town's bakeries, the Roch Briand, was the source of the poisoning. It's possible, Albarelli says, that LSD was put in the bread. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-10996838

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=724363#post724363
The link above was a failed MKULTRA thread, if necessary I could move this conversation here...

Here's the thing, MKULTRA is not conspiracy theory, speculation or conjecture, MKULTRA was 100% fact...

Quote:
In 1973, with the government-wide panic caused by Watergate, the CIA Director Richard Helms ordered all MKUltra files destroyed.[50] Pursuant to this order, most CIA documents regarding the project were destroyed, making a full investigation of MKUltra impossible. A cache of some 20,000 documents survived Helms' purge, as they had been incorrectly stored in a financial records building and were discovered following a FOIA request in 1977. These documents were fully investigated during the Senate Hearings of 1977 -Wikipedia

Though due to the document destruction in '73, we will never know how deep this thing went...we only have a box of documents which was misplaced to go off of...

Like I said I could talk for weeks about this stuff, I'm not sure where to even start...another issue is all the other things which share connection to this, there's so I much information in so many areas...

another connected issue was laurel canyon, and David McGowan's theory involving it, the whole "hippie" movement may have been a product of the CIA...media manipulation must be a large part of mind control, and must have had connections to other CIA mind control programs such as MKULTRA

Jim Morrison's dad basically started Viet nam...
Quote:
George Stephen Morrison (January 7, 1919 – November 17, 200Cool was a United States Navy rear admiral (upper half) and naval aviator. Morrison was commander of the U.S. naval forces in the Gulf of Tonkin during the Gulf of Tonkin Incident of August 1964, which sparked an escalation of American involvement in the Vietnam War.

If you look at the connections between high ranking military and counter-culture icons, and then research media manipulation and it's affect on populations, McGowan's theory becomes more and more plausible...

But again, is this another issue? Is it connected? Unlike MKULTRA the laurel canyon/lookout mountain issue is pure theory, so I have not spent much time looking into it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4eUhv9hReU
I listened to some of this video, but that was it...

As laurel canyon is a theory and not fact, I take it with a grain of salt, though it is interesting to consider.

LSD has some amazing and fascinating history tied to it, from Albert Hoffman, to sand and scully, to owsley, to Ronald Hadley Stark to Casey hardison, to the CIA and MKULTRA, to the counter culture, and so on, this is a very broad topic, which touches many areas...

I never bring up William Leonard pickard, or Gordon Todd Skinner, but it's another story that needs to be told...pickard was a student of David E. Nichols at Purdue, he was a decent chemist, he even sold Lysergic acid 2,4-dimethylazetidide (LSZ) as a street compound before Nichols had published anything about it...but then when it comes to pickard, it's a typical drug dealer kingpin story, pickard was nearly the antithesis of sand, scully, Stanley, and hardison when it came to his philosophy and motivations, plus I end up hearing stories involving kidnapping, torture, and all sorts of things which would be common for a drug kingpin, but which I find objectionable, the whole situation has never sat right with me, I'm not sure what was true or what wasn't, so I avoid speaking about pickard, but again, it is another story that should be told...just not by me.

As for the issue of how they were able to "get the lid back on this thing" and the potential solutions, I'm going to wait until I have a good amount of free time, and can actually put a good deal of thought and effort in, rather than just the manic style of throwing out information as it comes to my mind that generally forms my posts.

-eg

Swarupa
#59 Posted : 7/15/2016 3:18:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What changed?

I think that back then a lot of people heard about this new substance and wanted to try it, nowadays there's a stigma attached so people generally aren't as keen. It could partly be due to media fear mongering or availability, but also due to more recreational substances becoming available, like MDMA and 2C-B.

All was not lost, a tek I hear that Nick Sands used has recently been passed on, apparently by existing members of the Brotherhood of Eternal Love. The result being crystal >99% purity, the appearance is much like high purity DMT, translucent shards that are piezoluminescent.

I hear the gears are already in motion for something along these lines. The thing is, at the end of the day you could give it away but many people still wouldn't even consider taking it. In my opinion what we need is more studies and education that show the benefits and risks in an unbiased way, as then public perception may change.

As good as the intentions were, trying to turn on the world by flooding it with LSD didn't have the desired effect in the past, at least not in the long term. What we don't need is another excuse for the establishment to turn LSD into public enemy no1 again, setting back research another few decades.

I've only been paying attention for the last year or so and the LSD scene (at least online) has been snowballing in many ways. As dreamoar said, only the first glimpse of where all of this is going...

entheogenic-gnosis
#60 Posted : 7/18/2016 3:47:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Swarupa wrote:

What changed?

I think that back then a lot of people heard about this new substance and wanted to try it, nowadays there's a stigma attached so people generally aren't as keen. It could partly be due to media fear mongering or availability, but also due to more recreational substances becoming available, like MDMA and 2C-B.

All was not lost, a tek I hear that Nick Sands used has recently been passed on, apparently by existing members of the Brotherhood of Eternal Love. The result being crystal >99% purity, the appearance is much like high purity DMT, translucent shards that are piezoluminescent.

I hear the gears are already in motion for something along these lines. The thing is, at the end of the day you could give it away but many people still wouldn't even consider taking it. In my opinion what we need is more studies and education that show the benefits and risks in an unbiased way, as then public perception may change.

As good as the intentions were, trying to turn on the world by flooding it with LSD didn't have the desired effect in the past, at least not in the long term. What we don't need is another excuse for the establishment to turn LSD into public enemy no1 again, setting back research another few decades.

I've only been paying attention for the last year or so and the LSD scene (at least online) has been snowballing in many ways. As dreamoar said, only the first glimpse of where all of this is going...

Quote:

I've considered this, when LSD first came onto the scene it was new, it had no social history, it was uncharted territory...

However I think this fallacy remains that these things were fully explored and their potential reached, we have just started to scratch the surface, yet the cultural view is "been there done that, it failed"...

The availability of other substances is a plus in this situation, however, as mckenna elucidated in the quote below, LSD has a special quality in comparison to other psychedelics:

Quote:
But what happening in the 1960's was that LSD entered the picture, and LSD is different from all other psychedelics in one tremendously important quality, and that is:

A single skilled chemist, in a small apartment, with about $40,000 worth of equipment, in a single long weekend, can produce forty to sixty million hits of a drug. Forty to sixty *million* hits! This is a loaded gun at the head of society. Now I wrote a book on growing mushrooms, and years ago grew mushrooms quite a bit. And I can tell you, an absolutely dedicated mushroom grower, working his ass off for six months, can produce maybe four or five thousand hits of mushrooms. In other words, it's entirely a neighborhood phenomenon. It doesn't affect the dials that measure the fate of society. But you produce forty to sixty million hits of a drug, you have entered the realm of global politics. You now probably have more power -- you and your friends probably now have more power to affect the fate of the world than, let's say, the government of Switzerland. Well, no, not Switzerland, they have the banks. But -- the government of Finland, let's say. You have just shoved Finland out of the way and taken your place in the hierarchy. So no government would put up with that for a moment.
-mckenna

A psychoactivist is a person who uses psychoactives to promote social and political change, and LSD is a psychoactivists dream.

Quote:

This is also true, though I feel some of the philosophy and social structure which allowed LSD to do what it did in its early days did in fact retire with those alchemists...

I think shulgin made one of the greatest contributions in this area by publishing PIHKAL/TIHKAL.

And there were folks like Casey hardison who had proper philosophy and skill, but Casey was a solo alchemist, he did publish some great chemistry, specially regarding peptide coupling reagents in LSD synthesis...

I feel organizations such as the merry pranksters and the brotherhood may have also been essential in many ways, this way the people who wanted to influence the world with LSD had a community for support...

And again, maybe the CIA was essential, keep in mind Ronald stark was a CIA agent...

Quote:
Stark had been working with US intelligence agencies for at least 9 years by the time of his most infamous moment, a legendary meeting with the "hippie mafia" drug syndicate called The Brotherhood of Eternal Love. (no joke.) They were looking for a new supplier and Stark kicked off the meeting by showing them a kilogram of liquid LSD -- for US readers, that's 2.2 pounds of acid. Needless to say, his resume was persuasive. He claimed to have a dedicated lab in France, but it's his political philosophy that really makes Stark such an interesting character:

"He had a mission, he explained, to use LSD in order to facilitate the overthrow of the political systems of both the capitalist West and communist East by inducing altered states of consciousness in millions of people. Stark did not hide the fact that he was well connected in the world of covert politics."

The Brotherhood was sufficiently impressed to bring Ronald Stark into the fold, and what followed was the Golden Era of cheap, high-quality LSD. From 1969 through 1973, Stark and the Brotherhood dosed a generation and got away with it, too.http://www.brainsturbator.com/posts/188/ronald-hadley-stark-the-man-behind-the-lsd-curtain

Quote:

Quote:
As good as the intentions were, trying to turn on the world by flooding it with LSD didn't have the desired effect in the past, at least not in the long term.

LSD was not the failure it was made out to be, and it was at great detriment to themselves that the system managed to get a lid back in this thing...I doubt they would be able to do it again, when you look at what went wrong with LSD you can see the extreme effort on the part of the system to eliminate this threat, and the naiveté on the part of the counter-culture in their notion that ALL you had to do was give LSD to anybody who wanted it...

Regardless, for all the 1960s was, it was only prelude...

though it did in fact result in massive political and social change, long term change as well, if you look at every aspect of our society that LSD had some influence on, you can see drastically it changed the world ...

Below mckenna gives his two cents, and while I don't agree with him on every point, it's a good review of the situation...
Quote:
In the 1960s, we thought that all that had to happen was - everybody would take LSD and the obvious right things to do would be done. We expected no opposition to this because it’s rightness was so obvious. We didn’t realize that every righteous crusade in history has marched into the waiting jaws of its oppressors. But the spirit doesn’t die. It’s interesting but in America, we refer to, and have always referred to freaks as Bohemians. I assumed, you always hear about the left bank Bohemia of Paris in the 1920s - but why Bohemia? What does Bohemia have to do with Paris? Why are freaks called Bohemians? It’s because of Frederick the Elector and the alchemical renaissance that he plotted with his wife. Since that time to now, ‘Bohemian’ has meant a marginal political position involved with bizarre sexual practices, strange drug use and ‘funny’ ideas.

In the 1960s, LSD was not sufficient even coupled with rock & roll. It only brought oppression. It was like a failed alchemy. Instead of the dissolving and recrystalizing at a higher and more angelic level, thousands of prisons were built and the entire thing failed. But this spirit is the spirit, the spirit of life itself, the spirit of novelty itself, and it will not be suppressed for long in any time or place. So now again it comes.

After thirty years and after many changes, it’s among us again. I assume, looking at all of you, that to some degree you represent this or act it out, because it’s a spirit of dissent that says we will not serve the values of materialism. We will not serve the values of the ego and the values that separate and breakdown the community.

So here it is again. What is different this time that we might have some greater hope of actually coming through to the beginning of the third millennium without having to hang our heads when we tell the story to our grandchildren? I will submit to you this evening that the difference between then – 1965 through 1970 – and now to the turn of the century, is the following. We have that experience under our belt. We shall not be so stupid again. The I Ching says, “Never confront evil directly and never name it directly because it finds weapons to defend itself.”

We are not an army; this is what Frederick didn’t understand. He was a king, but he was not an army when it came to the White Mountain. We are not an army, so our strategy must be stealth. It’s an alchemical strategy. What do I mean by stealth? I mean the house of constipated reason must be infiltrated by art, by dreamers, and by vision. What is new? There are massive technologies available to us, not available in the 1960s. They were not designed for us, they were not intended for us, and it was never ever thought that such power should flow into the hands of freaks such as ourselves. Nevertheless, through the perverse nature of the unfolding of the world, we have such tools. I’m referring, as you probably anticipate to the World Wide Web and the Internet.
-terence mckenna

Quote:
I am not alone in advocating a revisioning of psychedelics, but my colleagues and I certainly represent a highly suspect and not entirely integrated faction of the human potential movement. In a way, you see, we are still reacting to what happened in the 1960s. One can say many things about one’s personal psychedelic experiences -and they are always very personal- but if you try to look at ten thousand psychedelic experiences the generalized conclusion you reach about what these things do is: Number one, they dissolve boundaries whatever the boundaries are. And as a consequence they dissolve cultural programming. So Marxist, shaman, fundamentalist Christian, and nuclear physicist will all find themselves deeply questioning their own beliefs, postpsychedelics. The thing about LSD that did mark it as different from all the other psychedelics was that a reasonably competent chemist could produce five million doses in a single day! Well, that was unique in human history. When you go to the Amazon or when you take peyote with the Huichol it is quite a chore to get sufficient material for twenty people. So the release of so much LSD into modern society caused the powers that be to assume that the whole social machine was being dissolved in acid – literally, before their very eyes. I think that this was a mistake, to go at it like this. There were many voices at that time, with many theories of how it should be handled. If Aldous Huxley had lived another ten years, it would have been very different. His idea was to get the psychedelic experience to artists, philosophers, city planners, architects… not every eighteen year old on earth -terence mckenna

I disagree here, while it is important to get these things to the group's mckenna listed, I feel it also may be necessary to get these things to everybody.

I got way distracted during this post, I ended up searching for some transcription and got way off track...I'll return to this issue when I can organize thoughts a little better.

As far as research is concerned, this is great, I'm all for research, but the damage has been done, the 1960s occured and research is still suffering...while reform of research, and doing 'll that I can to promote research is a short term goal, the long term goal is healing the global consciousness.

Babylon is crumbling, people are dissatisfied socially and politically and looking for change, they want to reform the system and culture...which is great, however I feel psychedelics are necessary here, things could go completely wrong, and psychedelic values will most definantly prevent this...

Again, I got disorganized and off track , and I apologize, I'll return to this topic.

-eg

PREV1234NEXT