We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
tea vs mescaline Options

downwardsfromzero
#21 Posted : 2/16/2017 9:04:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I've found that fermenting SP tea breaks down some of the snot and causes manageable lumps of it to float to the surface for easy removal.

Asher7's recipe sounds about right, I've found extensive reduction of the brew through prolonged boiling to be beneficial to the consistency. Having tried extracted alkaloid and cactus tea, I'd say the extract is more portable but looks like some white powder. Tea to my taste isn't that bad (I brew with extra herbs for, uh, holistic reasons) but then again I can deal with above average levels of bitter so I'm much with Asher7 on that one. The brew also just looks like some liquid in a bottle - choose the right bottle, add appropriate flavouring, bingo!
Quote:
What you have left looks like a golden whiskey.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

antichode
#22 Posted : 2/20/2017 3:22:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shaman Ale

syberdelic
#23 Posted : 2/20/2017 5:25:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Asher7 wrote:
I keep hearing about this snot. If you feel adventurous just remove the spines and slice the cacti up like you would a cucumber for your salad. Heat in the largest pot you can find (mine holds 1 gallon of water with the cacti in there) until the water surface ripples. Let it ripple until it the water level lowers to the point the cacti might burn and pour off the liquid into a smaller pot. Do that 3 times and reduce. (The smaller the reducing pots footprint is the more you can reduce without risk of burning. Rings will accumulate around the surface so stir to keep that dilluted and in the water.

Filter, drink. No snot. It's how they do it in the "native land". You can tell when your cacti is spent because it won't have or put off any color. What you have left looks like a golden whiskey. There's no need for snot. With a small pot you can get it down to about 3/4 a cup. Very easy to drink. No skin peeling, no core removal, no nada.

Once spring takes hold I'll put some pictures up. It really is as easy as it gets. I've also just straight eaten the cactus too, that works. The taste is the best part.Razz

I actually used this method for my first mescaline journey. It wasn't on purpose. I received my SP (peruvian torch) sliced up and dried as described. I had read about all the snot and was pleasantly surprised when my brew had a fairly consistent only slightly snotty consistency. For all these years, I thought that I had simply got lucky and received a not so snotty batch of cacti. Now it makes sense. It's the way the cacti was prepared before boiling. Thanks for this insight. Thumbs up

Chaska
#24 Posted : 2/22/2017 10:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fresh cactus = snot
dried cactus = is not

lysing the cells makes for a watery brew
add salt, just a pinch or two

grow plants, make tea, love life

PREV12