We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
newbe need help, thinner instead of naphta ? Options

Lenmiscate
#21 Posted : 10/23/2015 1:10:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

atitlanlabs wrote:
I remember in Mexico i wasnt able to find Lye as crystal form, maybe you are using liquid lye, and is not enough to basify it proper.

I got it Lye in crystal form,

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Lenmiscate
#22 Posted : 10/23/2015 1:11:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for everyone, when i see with my eyes looks black, but seems that with the camera is more reddish

Lenmiscate
#23 Posted : 10/23/2015 1:20:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nereus wrote:
Hey!

Please be patient when doing extractions.Doing more reading usually helps you out dealing with simple extraction issues on your own,makes you feel more confident in yourself and trust that you are moving in the right direction.

You can use the search function provided by the nexus in the bar under the banner,there are plenty infos regarding what you are after,already posted around here,please read read Smile

If you won't get your answer as fast as you'd like that's because people around here are used to give advice to the more complex queries,and by this way we all try to encourage new commers to do their reding and gather as much baseline information as they can.

"No spoon feeding" Trav once said!

This way it is simpler for you and us to get along,send and receive advice.

Now back to the extraction issue:
More reading on emulsions would be a great ideea.Emulsions form for a coupple of reasons but they're nothing bad or something that you can't get rid of.Pleae don't consider starting a new extraction just because you encountered an emoulsion..The best thing to do now is stick with this extraction and try to learn from it as much as you can.

An emulsion can get settled in time!warming up the extraction vessel in a warm water bath could help greatly,but usually letting the nps separtate for some time will have the emulsion settled as well.If this does not happen,help it with a warm bath.

I see no point in thinking that vinegar was not good if you've done a STB.People add vinegar to help lyse cell walls of the plant matter and to better assist in the migration of alkaloids from one phase to the other.So vinegar is not your issue as any type would work for that purpouse.

From what i can see in the pics you;ve posted,your basic sludge looks a lot like mimosa sludge would look after basifying.So i wouldn;t worry too much about it not being mimosa.There could be the possibility that the bark you have is low on alk%.But even so a 1% yield is common for low % starting material.

Just have more patience,thoroughly mix the solvent with the basified soup and let it separate at least 4 times.Assist it in warm water baths if you may,but generaly a clear solvent once in there and mixed well should come out yellow.After you've done this there is no way it won't cloud upon blowing air on it's surface.

And of course do more than 1 pull.I would recommend 5 pulls,but a minimum of 3 is also good.

Then proceed to pre-evaporating the solvent,and freeze precipitation or whatever method of crystalising you have chosen.

Conclusions: patience,instead of waiting on people to answer on the forum look for the answers yourself cause they are all up here,research helps to increase the patience greatly and helps time passing in a faster and more constructive manner.Do not throw anything away until you have finished the extraction,retreived your final product or exhausted the plant material.In the case of anything not turning the way you've expected it,saving your solutions might come in handy if something went wrong.And of course you can always hit the chat button and connect yourself to the welcome area there where you could get more help in real time.

Welcome to the dmt nexus !

Thanks for your reply and kind advice, i have tried one more time with the same mix i made, but i had used the new 99% pure naptha and mixed like 9 times, of course in every single mix/shake, i let it separate, yesterday pull the naptha into my glass recipient, today i see that white accumulations are forming, and when i blow to the naptha it turns white, so i guess is good sign? last time i saw something like this but not as much, and when i removed the glass from the frezzer to let evap the naptha, all went away, nothing remained in the glass, this time seems there is more white particles, which i think is dmt ? Seems lots of dmt are still dissolved in the naptha, thats why it turns white when i blow?, maybe I need to have lower temperatures in my freezer so the white thing gets solid ? can i try to pre-evaporating the naptha a little bit then put it back to the freezer to get more dmt concentration, or what method do you use for pre-evaporating ?

Please assist friends, below a pic in a link, because the pic is huge. No virus, i promise. Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/z5SAPZi.jpg

Regards

LowHP
#24 Posted : 10/23/2015 3:23:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but it can take up to 72 hours for freeze precipitation of DMT.

You were on the money with your idea of evaporating the naptha before putting it in the freezer. This process reduces the naptha but not the alkaloids present in it, resulting in more saturated naptha in which crystals are more likely to crash out. You can place your crystallisation dish in front of a fan outside, or even leave it in the sun during the day. I'm not sure about naptha's boiling point but when I use shellite, 100ml would evap to 50ml in a few short hours. Just remember to evaporate in a well ventilated area.

Thanks for the thread! I gained some insight into my pulling technique...most teks I have read don't mention how long to keep the solvent with the basified solution, and they usually say to "swirl" the jar rather than shake it to avoid emulsions. I will try vigorous shaking x4 and allowing the solvent to fully separate inbetween shakes on my left-over A. stenophylla solution!

Lenmiscate
#25 Posted : 11/3/2015 6:41:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So from my first pull of the 5 I plan I got this

http://i.imgur.com/b8np8Zk.jpg

What do you think ?

BongWizard
#26 Posted : 11/3/2015 6:58:13 PM

Hyperspace Cowboy

Mmmmm... Earwax....

Was that freeze precipitated or evapped? What temp did you pull at? How much solvent? If that's from a freeze precip, it's alright, just looks a bit light for a first pull. If freezing, I always pool my pulls and evap by about 3/4 to push all the xtals out.
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

Lenmiscate
#27 Posted : 11/3/2015 8:24:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BongWizard wrote:
Mmmmm... Earwax....

Was that freeze precipitated or evapped? What temp did you pull at? How much solvent? If that's from a freeze precip, it's alright, just looks a bit light for a first pull. If freezing, I always pool my pulls and evap by about 3/4 to push all the xtals out.

Thanks for your comment

I pre evap for a few hours. Then I freezed it for 3 days. When I put it out from the freezer I saw white particles at the button of my crystal plate.. But there was a lot of naptha still from my pre evap so I quickly put the naptha into another crystal plate and put it in my freezer again and I see is leaving white particles again.
So getting back to my first plate I leave it alone for few hours to evap the rest of the naptha until was completely dry. Then I got this earwax as you call it.

My fist pull was made warm, almost hot, thi was by accident since I lforgot for few minutes that I had this in my double boiling in the kitchen ..I used llittle more than 50 ml for this pull. But as I mentioned, there seems to be more dmt on the other glass I have now in the freezer from this first pull.

So can I smoke this? Any advice is welcome. Thanks again.

BongWizard
#28 Posted : 11/3/2015 8:50:57 PM

Hyperspace Cowboy

You need a fairly saturated solution to get the best out of freeze precipitation (that's why I pool my pulls and evap to about 20% of original volume). Before you freeze, evap to saturation. A good test for saturation is to allow your solution to come to room temperature and then gently blow on it. It will cloud up very quickly if it's saturated (this is caused by spice crashing out due to the temp drop from the accelerated evaporation).

It's good to do your pulls warm (not hot, max temp 60C) because it allows the nps to dissolve more alkaloids (plus it separates faster). I like to do mine such that the naphtha is just on the verge of boiling (minor bubbling lets you know you're at the limit).

So, in your position, I would add the remaining pulls (4 more if I'm reading correctly) to the dish you're now freezing, evap that until about 50mL remains (or the solution is obviously saturated) then stick it in the freezer and see what falls out. Lastly, pour off the naphtha and evap to completion to capture any alks that didn't freeze out.

As for smoalking it: hells yeah, brother! Go for gold! Big grin
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

Lenmiscate
#29 Posted : 11/3/2015 10:48:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BongWizard wrote:
You need a fairly saturated solution to get the best out of freeze precipitation (that's why I pool my pulls and evap to about 20% of original volume). Before you freeze, evap to saturation. A good test for saturation is to allow your solution to come to room temperature and then gently blow on it. It will cloud up very quickly if it's saturated (this is caused by spice crashing out due to the temp drop from the accelerated evaporation).

It's good to do your pulls warm (not hot, max temp 60C) because it allows the nps to dissolve more alkaloids (plus it separates faster). I like to do mine such that the naphtha is just on the verge of boiling (minor bubbling lets you know you're at the limit).

So, in your position, I would add the remaining pulls (4 more if I'm reading correctly) to the dish you're now freezing, evap that until about 50mL remains (or the solution is obviously saturated) then stick it in the freezer and see what falls out. Lastly, pour off the naphtha and evap to completion to capture any alks that didn't freeze out.

As for smoalking it: hells yeah, brother! Go for gold! Big grin

Oh boy. Thanks for that great advise Sir. Ok so I will do my remaining 4 pulls. I use 50 ml on each pull and do your suggestions ..Do you recommend less naptha on each pull for 50grams of mimosa ? I think less naptha automatically will get more saturation in the pulls..but will take more than 5 pulls. If my logic is correct do not worth it since will be extra work. Also may I know the type of naptha you use ? Mine is 99% pure naptha but I got only less than a litre. I'm worried what I'm gonna use when I use all my naptha. Since that litre I got was only a test I asked from pemex lol.. since they only sell huge amounts .. The less they can sell to me is a fucking pipe lol. so I don't want to buy it and have that in my backyard lol.

BongWizard
#30 Posted : 11/4/2015 1:30:52 AM

Hyperspace Cowboy

For 50g of bark, 4x50mL is plenty (honestly, you could probably get away with 4x25, but it won't mix as effectively). Most of the spice will be pulled in the first two, but most folks do 4 just to be sure. If you do smaller pulls, yes, the solvent will be more saturated, but that means you'll have to do more pulls to get all the goodies. 4x50mL warm naphtha pulls is a good place to start, it is somewhat overkill, but you can easily evap to saturation once you've pooled all your pulls.

I'm in Australia, so I use Shellite (trademark name for light naphtha here), but I can't speak to brand names in other countries. Most hardware stores sell a naphtha equivalent (it'll be near the paints and thinners).

Lenmiscate
#31 Posted : 11/4/2015 2:48:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BongWizard wrote:
For 50g of bark, 4x50mL is plenty (honestly, you could probably get away with 4x25, but it won't mix as effectively). Most of the spice will be pulled in the first two, but most folks do 4 just to be sure. If you do smaller pulls, yes, the solvent will be more saturated, but that means you'll have to do more pulls to get all the goodies. 4x50mL warm naphtha pulls is a good place to start, it is somewhat overkill, but you can easily evap to saturation once you've pooled all your pulls.

I'm in Australia, so I use Shellite (trademark name for light naphtha here), but I can't speak to brand names in other countries. Most hardware stores sell a naphtha equivalent (it'll be near the paints and thinners).

Ok ok, i will do as you mentioned friend, thanks a lot for you valuable time. Im trying to weight this thing i got the first time that you saw on my photo (dmt, aka earwax lol), i weight 83kg, since this will be my first time smoking dmt (have tripped with shrooms and lsd) i think 50mg is fine right?

BongWizard
#32 Posted : 11/4/2015 8:10:09 AM

Hyperspace Cowboy

50mg might be a bit heavy for your first time (assuming you've got decent vaping technique). It's probably advisable to start somewhere around 30mg (with good technique, this can be sufficient for breakthrough even in experienced users). It's always best to start slow. You can always add more, but you can't take any out once it's in you.

Wisperc13
#33 Posted : 8/9/2018 6:13:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Some help please I have been trying to do extraction methods in every way till now I cannot make any crystals and have used about 150 g mimosa powder... This is a batch I did following poormans tek I now have my anhydrous acetone mix, what's next? Some help please I'm new to this Chemistry but I kind of understand it.. I just need orientation please I been trying to get dmt for over 2 months and IDK what I am doing wrong.
Wisperc13 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20180808_220426.jpg (2,371kb) downloaded 40 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#34 Posted : 8/13/2018 10:18:33 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Wisperc13 wrote:
[...]

What in the heck are you doing (cross) posting in such an ancient thread?

Have you looked at this (even older) one: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=52883 ?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12