We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV567
[UK News] Blanket ban to clamp down on 'legal highs' Options

DoingKermit
#121 Posted : 5/30/2016 10:24:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ganesh wrote:
I find Dr.Zee absolutely hilarious!

What he is doing with this 'Methspresso', is simply attracting attention to the ridiculous nature of the idea of trying to ban psychoactive substances. Laughing

I thought the same thing when I saw him on the BBC documentary "The Last Days of Legal Highs". No matter what, people like Dr. Zee will all ways be ahead of the law and this game of cat and mouse will never end.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ijahdan
#122 Posted : 6/10/2016 1:29:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wondered if anyone has any updates on the present status of plant based psychoactives in uk now that the bill has been in force for a few weeks.

monomind
#123 Posted : 6/11/2016 1:25:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its mainly unclear as the new law is so broadly scoped. At least 1 vendor said they are currently taking legal advice regarding specific plants.
Going out on a limb a bit... given that the law suppose to target the high street synthetic drugs market ( a.k.a "legal highs" ) i believe vendors of leaf/bark etc. will not be bothered... if they continue to sell...

ijahdan
#124 Posted : 6/11/2016 10:37:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats what I thought. The law was intended to stop the sale of legal chemicals, mostly analogues of popular illegal ones. Unfortunately, most vendors of plants containing psychoactive substances have understandably erred on the side of caution and ceased trading from within the uk. Hopefully someone will manage to get a definite answer from the powers that be regarding specific plants. I just really need to dye those teeshirts in time for the festival season...

«PREV567