We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV4567NEXT
[UK News] Blanket ban to clamp down on 'legal highs' Options

Chan
#101 Posted : 5/6/2016 2:07:02 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

MOD EDIT: vendor talk removed.
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

monomind
#102 Posted : 5/6/2016 3:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Chan, that's excellent news Thumbs up . Regardless SWIM's personal interest in this, the bill was quite insane, not to say plain stupid, trying to criminalize something on the basis of how it affects SWIM's mood...

Also this:
Quote:

The Act was in opposition to one of the most basic tenets of British law – that our rights are not given, they are implied unless specifically prohibited by law. What this Act attempted to do was to turn that on its head, by claiming that our right to consume any substance was prohibited unless specifically allowed by law. It was from the very beginning an affront to common sense and British law.

monomind
#103 Posted : 5/6/2016 3:42:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ganesh
#104 Posted : 5/6/2016 4:03:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why? how does that impact on hobbies?
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

monomind
#105 Posted : 5/6/2016 4:25:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ganesh wrote:

Why? how does that impact on hobbies?

i will enjoy doing my macrame all the same Wink but seems that end of March there were rumors the bill will be postponed indefinitely ( even the police said it is unenforceable ) now however seems it is indeed going to take effect... thats why the sad face.

ganesh
#106 Posted : 5/6/2016 4:38:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

monomind wrote:

i will enjoy doing my macrame all the same Wink but seems that end of March there were rumors the bill will be postponed indefinitely ( even the police said it is unenforceable ) now however seems it is indeed going to take effect... thats why the sad face.

True.

It's a crazy bill as well, so i'm looking forward to the forthcoming criticism. You know that these people are idiots when they say Psychoactive substances destroy lives, but allow the sales of Alcohol and Tobacco: The most deadly of all psychoactive substances (according to statistics)

It's almost impossible to attempt to reason with such clowns that psychoactivity does not make a substance dangerous or toxic, and that some of these substances can actually be used to improve mental health.

Oh, how these politicians seem to know better than us, how patronising!

Chan
#107 Posted : 5/6/2016 4:55:10 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Quote:
It's almost impossible to attempt to reason with such clowns that psychoactivity does not make a substance dangerous or toxic, and that some of these substances can actually be used safely for mental benefits.

Equally, the reverse is also true. Trying to run a modern "Economic Powerhouse" TM, without e.g. fuels, adhesives, solvents, & thinners would be difficult to say the least. Obviously, few people here would seek those out for their dubious psychoactive properties, but without this "Industrial Use" clause, they too would presumably have to disappear... So ha! Hoisted by their own pet-toad Big grin
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

anne halonium
#108 Posted : 5/6/2016 7:10:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

somebody needs to turn that dry old queen on to a serious buzz,
then she can put a stop to all this anti buzz nonsense.

the real irony here is , the empire was literally built on the drug trade.

"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

Jaffster
#109 Posted : 5/6/2016 9:20:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Incredible.

So, what about things like Red Bull? I'm really looking forward to seeing the EXTREMELY LONG list of excepted substances.

It hasn't really been discussed here, so I'll bring forth the elephant in the room. Where does this leave DMT containing plants? Surely they're excluded due to the fact that they aren't directly 'psychoactive' nor do the plants alone enhance or depress ones consciousness?

downwardsfromzero
#110 Posted : 5/6/2016 9:28:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jaffster wrote:

Incredible.

So, what about things like Red Bull? I'm really looking forward to seeing the EXTREMELY LONG list of excepted substances.
[...]

Food and beverages are excluded.

Nutmeg is excluded, i.e. we still win.

Also - found this: Link - "In Defence of Recreational Drugs" by Rupert Dreyfuss.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

woody
#111 Posted : 5/7/2016 9:25:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jaffster wrote:
Incredible.

It hasn't really been discussed here, so I'll bring forth the elephant in the room. Where does this leave DMT containing plants? Surely they're excluded due to the fact that they aren't directly 'psychoactive' nor do the plants alone enhance or depress ones consciousness?

I think that logically they shouldn't be included as to include things that aren't for human consumption that then need processing to produce a psychoactive effect would seem ridiculous and would then cover an even wider range of materials. Also, drugs that are already banned currently fall under existing drug legislation so if they really wanted to it could have been looked at a while ago. The real target and focus of all this nonsense are things like the research chemicals that we were seeing sold as bath salts on the high street.

However, sadly just because something is logical and ridiculous does not guarantee that it couldn't get caught up in this mission to ban anything under the sun. Maybe even the sun, after all it does enhance your mood. Ban the sun I say.

Chan
#112 Posted : 5/7/2016 9:33:01 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

OK, so things are as murky as ever, as I received a second email late yesterday, from the same source:

Quote:
Hello again,

At the very moment this recent mailing was sent out, we received the official announcement that the Psychoactive Substances Act will come in effect on May 26th.

"The UK will be the first country in the world to put in place a rigorous system of testing to demonstrate that a substance is capable of having a psychoactive effect, providing evidence to support civil action and prosecutions."

We hope that rigorous testing of pychoactive substances may improve the minds of the people in power, while they are on it. But sadly and simply, the above news means that we can ship you your order for the next 2 WEEKS only.

-https://www.gov.uk/government/news/landmark-law-to-tackle-legal-highs-commences-later-this-month
-http://volteface.me/psychoactive-substances-bill-to-come-into-effect-on-may-26th/
However we feel very stupid and sad having to announce the good and the bad news about this ridiculous "law" on the same day, we very much look forward to being of service, for the next two weeks.

Warm wishes,

The Act itself does not appear to make any reference to exempted industrial uses, but those 'guidelines' might be hidden elsewhere.

The most promising exemptions are for medicines and food:

Quote:
Medicinal products
2 Medicinal products.
In this paragraph “medicinal product” has the same meaning as in the Human Medicines Regulations 2012 (S.I. 2012/1916) (see regulation 2 of those Regulations).

The 2012 Act defines "medicinal product" as:

Quote:
Medicinal products
2.—(1) In these Regulations “medicinal product” means—
(a) any substance or combination of substances presented as having properties of preventing or treating disease in human beings; or
(b) any substance or combination of substances that may be used by or administered to human beings with a view to—
(i) restoring, correcting or modifying a physiological function by exerting a pharmacological, immunological or metabolic action, or
(ii) making a medical diagnosis.

And I just happen to find purging extremely beneficial to my health...Thumbs up

As for food, that is defined as:

Quote:
Any substance which—
(a) is ordinarily consumed as food, and
(b) does not contain a prohibited ingredient.
In this paragraph—
“food” includes drink;
“prohibited ingredient”, in relation to a substance, means any psychoactive substance—
(a) which is not naturally occurring in the substance, and
(b) the use of which in or on food is not authorised by an EU
instrument.

Over time, humans have consumed almost everything as food, and here, it appears to say that provided a substance occurs naturally within X, then X is permitted. However, injecting peaches with MDMA, say, would render said peaches illegal...so don't go getting any ideas, all you tweaky peach dealers!
― B.G. Bowers

ganesh
#113 Posted : 5/7/2016 9:44:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

woody wrote:

However, sadly just because something is logical and ridiculous does not guarantee that it couldn't get caught up in this mission to ban anything under the sun. Maybe even the sun, after all it does enhance your mood. Ban the sun I say.

Woody, i know how you feel.

Although i think many of us might agree that some sort of regulations should have been put into place, especially for the NPS 'legal highs', the 'Ban everything psychoactive', is simply total and unnecessary overkill. I have always said that any ban should be on a case by case basis. It makes no sense whatsoever to 'ban everything'. That is an attack on the rights of personal choice and freedom, as an adult.

In the above link to 'that' paper, they are wrongly saying that psychoactive substances ruin lives, whilst being behind alcohol and tobacco which are also psychoactive and ruin the most of lives!

I certainly hope that there will be a substantial enough backlash at this ridiculously excessive ban, and that we will soon find out what will be permitted. It doesn't make sense to ban the psychoactive substances that were not causing problems such as found in plants, although some may still be permitted under the interpretation of the law.

We are seeing more and more of our freedoms of choice being taken away and replaced with more laws that would never have been necessary if proper regulation would have been established in the first place. It seems like an unreasonably cruel ban which will target those who were responsible because of a few who weren't. Madness.

Chan wrote:
OK, so things are as murky as ever, as I received a second email late yesterday, from the same source:

However we feel very stupid and sad having to announce the good and the bad news about this ridiculous "law" on the same day, we very much look forward to being of service, for the next two weeks.

Warm wishes,

Hmmm. I guess that source is playing it safe for now. Indeed, if all the suppliers end up doing that then that will mean no more 'medicinal products'. Unless of course they decide later on that they can continue to sell. It's all down to the wordings of the law.

woody
#114 Posted : 5/7/2016 1:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well here's something on a positive note. A website I look at talks to another website who has been talking to the guvment got this back from the Home Office...

"..The Act only captures substances which are supplied for human consumption for their psychoactive effect. The supply of a psychoactive substance for any other purpose is not caught..."

The websites interpret this as not effecting mimosa.So there is hope yet. Maybe we're going to need a subforum on how to dye leather for UK members Wink

Edit: Sorry, just realised the repetition of my quote from Chan's earlier post. My main point is that the vendor I refer to still intends to carry on trading for now.

DoingKermit
#115 Posted : 5/27/2016 9:33:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well our government has finally gone and done it... they didn't listen to any of the scientific reasoning handed to them and have put forth a ridiculously unenforceable law.

They have changed the wording of their definition of "psychoactive", instead of using the puerile description they had before... here is an interesting article which goes into more detail on the subject.

Basically they have changed the nature of the ban so it only deals with substances that act similarly to the ones already covered by the "1971 Misuse of Drugs Act". As the article I posted states, it is all very vague for a reason.

Chan
#116 Posted : 5/27/2016 10:21:00 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Only a matter of time, before a red-faced Tory (or judge or "government adviser" ) is caught with his pants down, literally, a big ol' butt-plug in his shaking hands, and his shiny nose deep in a pile of pissy M-CAT...Twisted Evil

There are no vices off-limits to that lot.

― B.G. Bowers

DoingKermit
#117 Posted : 5/27/2016 12:53:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chan wrote:
Only a matter of time, before a red-faced Tory (or judge or "government adviser" ) is caught with his pants down, literally, a big ol' butt-plug in his shaking hands, and his shiny nose deep in a pile of pissy M-CAT...Twisted Evil

Haha! Sounds about right Smile

ganesh
#118 Posted : 5/27/2016 3:46:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Will be fun to see how this plays out. I seriously cannot believe that people are gonna be expected to be only left with Alcohol and tobacco, after all these years of relative choice, and 'cognitive' freedom.

It's like taking a bag of sweets away from kids!

Ufostrahlen
#119 Posted : 5/30/2016 8:31:10 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

haha:

Quote:
Dr Zee created dozen of legal highs by altering the chemical structure of existing psychoactive drugs which were then sold in the UK through headshops.

New legislation which comes into force tomorrow will outlaw their sale but the scientist says he has created a drug which can be sold legally and then 'activated' using a customised domestic electric coffee machine.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/...ted-legal-highs-8047360
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

ganesh
#120 Posted : 5/30/2016 10:01:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find Dr.Zee absolutely hilarious!

What he is doing with this 'Methspresso', is simply attracting attention to the ridiculous nature of the idea of trying to ban psychoactive substances. Laughing

«PREV4567NEXT