We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Happy Bicycle Day Options

dragonrider
#21 Posted : 4/21/2017 6:27:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As for the ingestion...i think it's simply a matter of statistics: now matter how proffesional you are, just like in any other job, all the precautions you take are meant to make accidents less likely to happen. Not to rule them out completely, because that's just not possible. In every lab, no matter how proffesional it is, little accidents and mistakes can and will happen.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

AlchemicalGnostic
#22 Posted : 4/22/2017 2:49:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From Albert hoffman himself:

Quote:
The solution of the ergotoxine problem had led to fruitful results, described here only
briefly, and had opened up further avenues of research. And yet I could not forget the
relatively uninteresting LSD-25. A peculiar presentiment—the feeling that this substance
could possess properties other than those established in the first investigations—induced
me, five years after the first synthesis, to produce LSD-25 once again so that a sample
could be given to the pharmacological department for further tests. This was quite
unusual; experimental substances, as a rule, were definitely stricken from the research
program if once found to be lacking in pharmacological interest.
Nevertheless, in the spring of 1943, I repeated the synthesis of LSD-25. As in the first
synthesis, this involved the production of only a few centigrams of the compound.
In the final step of the synthesis, during the purification and crystallization of lysergic
acid diethylamide in the form of a tartrate (tartaric acid salt), I was interrupted in my
work by unusual sensations. The following description of this incident comes from the
report that I sent at the time to Professor Stoll:
Last Friday, April 16,1943, I was forced to interrupt my work in the laboratory in the
middle of the afternoon and proceed home, being affected by a remarkable restlessness,
combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant
intoxicated-like condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a
dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I
perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense,
kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away.
This was, altogether, a remarkable experience—both in its sudden onset and its
extraordinary course. It seemed to have resulted from some external toxic influence; I
surmised a connection with the substance I had been working with at the time, lysergic
acid diethylamide tartrate. But this led to another question: how had I managed to absorb
this material? Because of the known toxicity of ergot substances, I always maintained
meticulously neat work habits. Possibly a bit of the LSD solution had contacted my
fingertips during crystallization, and a trace of the substance was absorbed through the
skin. If LSD-25 had indeed been the cause of this bizarre experience, then it must be a
substance of extraordinary potency. There seemed to be only one way of getting to the
bottom of this. I decided on a self-experiment.
Exercising extreme caution, I began the planned series of experiments with the
smallest quantity that could be expected to produce some effect, considering the activity
of the ergot alkaloids known at the time: namely, 0.25 mg (mg = milligram = one
thousandth of a gram) of lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate. Quoted below is the entry
for this experiment in my laboratory journal of April 19, 1943.
LSD My Problem Child,Chapter1

Could the LSD Tartrate be more easily absorbed through the skin than regular LSD?
"We are the gods of the atoms that make up ourselves but we are also the atoms of the gods that make up the universe." - Manly P. Hall

entheogenic-gnosis
#23 Posted : 4/22/2017 3:18:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

AlchemicalGnostic wrote:
entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

Quote:
One periodically hears some lecturer holding forth on the subject of psychedelic drugs, and you may hear him give voice to that old rubric that LSD is an odorless, colorless and tasteless drug. Don't believe it. Odorless yes, and colorless when completely pure, yes, but tasteless, no. It is slightly bitter.

-Shulgin;PIHKAL;chapter3

-eg

Interesting, I've Never had bitter tasting LSD, I've always beleived it to be tasteless. I've always heard that if your acid is bitter it's most likely 25I-NBOMe. Or is he referring to synthetic LSD?

All LSD is synthetic, well, semi-synthetic as the lysergamide precursors can be found in ergot fungus as well as the seeds of many vines. However All LSD is lab produced.

LSD is tasteless, well, unless you are licking crystalline LSD off of a spatula. In most cases the micrograms of LSD that you are consuming are dispearsed in their medium, ( the water, the blotter paper, the gel-tab, the micro pill, etc... ) making taste very hard to perceive, you must remember these are micrograms, in this case this small of a quantity of this compound will not be sufficient to stimulate any perception of taste, at least not in any major sense, while if you were putting the LSD crystals directly on your tongue they may taste "slightly bitter"

NBOMe compounds are bitter, similar to placing battery acid on your tongue, so bitter it almost burns, while with LSD the taste would not really be perceptible.

DOx compounds, and fly-series compounds also have a bitter taste.

Just as a general rule, if it's bitter, it's probably not LSD.

-eg

Bancopuma
#24 Posted : 4/22/2017 4:50:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^Agree with all this. On a slight tangent...

Quote:
NBOMe compounds are bitter, similar to placing battery acid on your tongue, so bitter it almost burns, while with LSD the taste would not really be perceptible.

Have you or anyone else noted this battery-on-tongue taste when actually on the LSD, during the experience (so just to be clear, NOT the initial taste of the LSD, or the blotter paper ink, or whatever). Hofmann himself noted a coppery taste during his LSD self experiments. I can't recall where I read this...maybe 'LSD: My Problem Child' but I recall it being Hofmann's own observation. I get this reliably on LSD, like a metallic taste, an electric tang. LSD is affecting the bioelectric operation of the brain (itself a bioelectric organ), so I figure that is something to do with this, rather than it being anything directly related to the tongue or taste buds if that makes sense.

dreamer042
#25 Posted : 4/22/2017 5:05:29 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Bancopuma wrote:

Quote:

Have you or anyone else noted this battery-on-tongue taste when actually on the LSD, during the experience (so just to be clear, NOT the initial taste of the LSD, or the blotter paper ink, or whatever). Hofmann himself noted a coppery taste during his LSD self experiments. I can't recall where I read this...maybe 'LSD: My Problem Child' but I recall it being Hofmann's own observation. I get this reliably on LSD, like a metallic taste, an electric tang. LSD is affecting the bioelectric operation of the brain (itself a bioelectric organ), so I figure that is something to do with this, rather than it being anything directly related to the tongue or taste buds if that makes sense.

Yes I definitely am familiar with the metallic/electric sensation of LSD. I can't say I have any insight on why that occurs, but I can definitely confirm it's occurrence. Very interesting theory you have on it, I suspect your probably on the right track there.

The bitter taste of an NBOMe or DOx or similar rc's is much moar of a chemical bitter taste (think MDMA or 2C-x) and is distinct both from the bitterness of plant alkaloids (think cacao or coffee) and the very distinct metallic sensation of LSD (which is kinda somewhere between sucking on a penny and putting your tongue on a 9 volt battery).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

entheogenic-gnosis
#26 Posted : 4/26/2017 2:32:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:

Quote:

I know exactly what you are taking about, it taste as though you had a mouth full of rusty metal, I suppose there is an "electric" like tingle involved as well...though as you said, this is well into the experience, and not during initial consumption.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#27 Posted : 4/26/2017 2:41:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know this is probably a stupid question, and that I should probably already know the answer to it, but:

Do you think anyone has tried to react the free-base form of some of these psychedelics with lysergic acid to form the lysergate salt of the compound? Like an acid/base neutralization using lysergic acid as the acid, and the free-base of a known psychedelic compound as the base?

-eg

downwardsfromzero
#28 Posted : 4/26/2017 3:41:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That's not a stupid question at all. It would have certain... implications. Such as in the field of qualitative colorimetric reagent testing. Unfortunately.

What else do you think about this notion?

(Maybe we should delete these last two posts, pronto? Confused )

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

entheogenic-gnosis
#29 Posted : 5/5/2017 8:40:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
That's not a stupid question at all. It would have certain... implications. Such as in the field of qualitative colorimetric reagent testing. Unfortunately.

What else do you think about this notion?

(Maybe we should delete these last two posts, pronto? Confused )

I'm actually more curious as to what you think about this notion...

-eg

PREV12