We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
wow oh wow bufotenine success!! Options

Crisp
#21 Posted : 8/29/2009 9:15:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, then plan would be to evaporate it first, no?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

69ron
#22 Posted : 8/29/2009 9:46:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Toasting makes a big difference at any point in the extraction.

SWIM discovered this when doing an extraction one time. He did a typical A/B extraction using DCM as the non-polar solvent. He defatted 10 times with DCM at pH 4 with citric acid, then using sodium carbonate, he brought the pH up to 9.5 and extract 5 times with DCM. He distilled off the DCM and was left with an amber crusty material. It was pretty clean, not at all sticky. Usually it’s more sticky.

He took his amber crusty material, broke it up into a powder and toasted half of the powder at 300 F in a toaster oven. He sat and watched it. He wanted to see if any DMT or anything else vaporized away. Sure enough after a while (I forget the time frame) he saw some vapor rising from the extract. He let it go until no more vapor was seen. After this, the extract was darker brown in color.

When he compared the lighter amber extract with the darker toasted extract, he found that the toasted extract was nearly twice as strong and with far less side effects.

So toasting is a very good way to go.

I don’t know exactly what it’s doing to the extract, but it makes sense that it might be converting bufotenine N-Oxide to bufotenine. Some N-Oxides are decomposed with high heat.

As stated above by Burnt, some cebil seeds are found to only contain bufotenine and nothing else, but are still nauseating. It’s very likely that the unpleasant side effects are caused by bufotenine N-oxide which is not detectable by a lot of tests (most detect it as being bufotenine). It’s really the only alkaloid other than bufotenine that’s present in large amounts.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Crisp
#23 Posted : 8/29/2009 10:04:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ron: So would the plan be to heat at 300f, powder, cover in ammonia, then heat at 300f again until it evaporates? approximately how long should it be heated?
Cheers

Kannamate
#24 Posted : 8/30/2009 8:05:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never done it, but do you guys use cookie sheets to put them on wouldn't that make it hotter than it really is since they are touching hot metal?

I don't think it matters how long you cook them since no bufotenine will be destroyed,but practically I think a lot of people wait til the shell cracks a little. They supposedly can jump like popcorn when this happens. Lime and sodium carbonate(or baking soda converted to sodium carbonate) would be easier/cheaper than ammonia most ammonia I've found has surfectants also.

69ron
#25 Posted : 8/30/2009 8:55:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Crisp wrote:
Ron: So would the plan be to heat at 300f, powder, cover in ammonia, then heat at 300f again until it evaporates? approximately how long should it be heated?
Cheers

30-60 minutes for the freebased material. You’ll see smoke rise from the material for a few minutes.

SWIM has found toasting the final freebased product to be more effective at removing the toxins than toasting before it’s freebased.

Note that Jorkest noted in one post that toasting the seeds seemed to reduce the potency for sublingual use. But we are not talking about sublingual use here.

I’m not so sure about using ammonia though. SWIM uses either sodium carbonate or calcium hydroxide and a little water. He’s shied away from using calcium hydroxide because it reacts with bufotenine. There are three stages of reaction between bufotenine and calcium hydroxide which are time dependant, the first is that it gets freebased, the second is that it gets converted to a different more hallucinogenic nicer compound of unknown identity, and if reacted further, it seems to inactivate it (at least for vaporization purposes). Sodium carbonate can only freebase bufotenine and doesn’t react with it. I don’t know why, but that’s the case.

The problem with using calcium hydroxide is that if left to react for too long, it alters the bufotenine making it inactive by vaporization, thereby ruining your extract. If only reacted for a few minutes, it just freebases it, and all is well. However, the intermediate reaction between freebasing and ruining your bufotenine, is an extremely nice compound, much better than bufotenine, DMT, etc. It is the best psychedelic SWIM knows of, but unfortunately to make it requires that the reaction time be just right. Too little time and the bufotenine is just freebased, too much time and your bufotenine can no longer be vaporized. I don’t know the optimal time to use. SWIM tried many tests and could not find a time frame that always worked. What he knows is that 24 hours is too long and converts the bufotenine into a non-vaporizable compound. 15 minutes is not enough and just freebases it. The time needed is somewhere between 2-6 hours, and seems to vary every time. The safest reaction time is 2 hours. That seems not to be enough time to get to the third reaction stage. And if it doesn’t work, and just freebases the bufotenine, and then you can do another 2 hours and it will usually work.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PLAYING AROUND WITH THIS REACTION. When the calcium hydroxide reaction hits stage 2, the results are nothing short of amazing. But when it hits stage 3 your fucked. So don’t do the reaction with all of your bufotenine. That’s why SWIM doesn’t use calcium hydroxide for extractions, and uses sodium carbonate instead. With sodium carbonate there’s no worry about ruining your entire extract, but with calcium hydroxide there is. I think probably sodium hydroxide would have similar reactions with bufotenine so it also shouldn’t be used for extraction.

The product of the stage 2 reaction with calcium hydroxide is smokeable, about 1/2 the potency of bufotenine, has the same duration of effects (2-3 hours), the same onset of effects (2-5 minutes), and same peak (10-15 minutes). It’s visuals are of a completely different character. It’s more DMT-like, but much nicer than DMT. It’s extremely euphoric, up there with mescaline in that respect, and completely without side effects. It has a much milder feel on the body compared with bufotenine. It feels like an entirely different compound. It’s actually SWIM’s favorite psychedelic (bufotenine is his next), but since it has no name and it’s structure is unknown, SWIM doesn’t refer to it normally when talking about psychedelics. It is without the “mind fuck” of DMT, but visually almost identical.

When Yopo is made properly, the effect you get is from this stage 2 compound. It’s very DMT-like, and you might easily mistake it for DMT, except that the duration is 2-3 hours even when smoked and it lacks the “mind fuck” of DMT. Also you feel “grounded” with this compound whereas with DMT you can feel disoriented. It’s like a friendlier version of DMT. I think most people would prefer it over DMT. SWIM has given some to other friends and they all liked it more than DMT. However, that’s not the case with bufotenine. Some people like it, some don’t, and some people don’t get much visual effects from it. SWIM likes them both very much, but prefers the unknown stage 2 compound. It’s more visual and far more euphoric, and feels more body friendly.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#26 Posted : 8/31/2009 10:14:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

is there a way that I can make calcium hydroxide at home from powdering seashells and baking them??..I have lots of shells and live by the beach anyway..have yet to find lime..
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#27 Posted : 8/31/2009 11:05:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

You'll have to throw them on a fire as the temperature needed is way hotter than an oven can go.

Then it's a case of dissolving it in water I think... then something else. I think the reaction is quite well publicised online anyway.

jamie
#28 Posted : 8/31/2009 11:11:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

maybe I will just hit up china town then..
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#29 Posted : 8/31/2009 11:32:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

or check aquarium supplies for kalkwasser mix.

jamie
#30 Posted : 9/1/2009 1:33:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^hmm, thanks, I will look into that.

69ron..so would it be best if I first extract freebase bufo(based with sodium carbonate), and then base the ammount that I want to convert with calcium hydroxide?
Long live the unwoke.

Dorge
#31 Posted : 9/1/2009 1:48:24 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

swim drank some cebil infused vodka the other night.... good times... very enjoyable...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

jamie
#32 Posted : 9/1/2009 1:57:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^cool, was there any visuals?..colorful? When I smoked it it was very colorful.
Did you toast the seeds before hand, or use them raw as is?
Long live the unwoke.

Dorge
#33 Posted : 9/1/2009 6:25:06 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

they were raw.. mixed with ginger root and cocao nips... in the vodka.. it makes a nice body high, a good drink for intuative socialization and revelry. be sure to drink prior. Swim sugesssssssssts gin and tonic... very nice. im portant to get a buzz a priore'... visuals where not really present... it was primarily an intuative stimulant... which is a term that is copy righted and protected by swim... ; )
cheers...'.;
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

burnt
#34 Posted : 9/1/2009 8:24:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

This is all very interesting.

SWIM tried toasting about 15 mg of buf freebase for about a half hour at 50-70 degrees C. It made the extract lighter (its light brown/tan powder). The effects were a bit stronger then usual but still too much of the sickness.

SWIM wants to try higher temp for longer time.

Dorge any nausea with liquor infused seeds?

ibeing897
#35 Posted : 9/1/2009 11:58:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

havent had much luck with bufo extractions, SWIM did a limo boil and another toast and still has a black sticky tar like stuff that seems to melt slowly over time... I'm guessing this is oxide but afraid to bioassay.
all posts are fictional

jamie
#36 Posted : 9/1/2009 3:55:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
they were raw.. mixed with ginger root and cocao nips... in the vodka.. it makes a nice body high, a good drink for intuative socialization and revelry. be sure to drink prior. Swim sugesssssssssts gin and tonic... very nice. im portant to get a buzz a priore'... visuals where not really present... it was primarily an intuative stimulant... which is a term that is copy righted and protected by swim... ; )
cheers...'.;

good for dancing then I would assume?..I dont really drink at all..but will give this a try one day for the hell of it.
Long live the unwoke.

Crisp
#37 Posted : 9/1/2009 5:36:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Approximately how much sodium carbonate/calcium hydroxide would be added to the seed powder? Also, I don't know about sodium carbonate, but calcium hydroxide when inhaled apparently causes: Respiratory tract irritation. Coughing, shortness of breath, chemical bronchitis.
Just something to keep in mind -
Cheers

soulfood
#38 Posted : 9/1/2009 6:20:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1 part base to 4 parts seed matter as a guide, but in my experience it's different for every batch of seeds.

If using sodium carbonate, going a little overkill won't hurt, but with calcium hydroxide you need to get it dead right.

jamie
#39 Posted : 9/1/2009 8:26:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Crisp wrote:
Approximately how much sodium carbonate/calcium hydroxide would be added to the seed powder? Also, I don't know about sodium carbonate, but calcium hydroxide when inhaled apparently causes: Respiratory tract irritation. Coughing, shortness of breath, chemical bronchitis.
Just something to keep in mind -
Cheers

sodium carbonate shouldnt be vaporised at the temps used from a lighter flame..it will stay in the bowl...as long you have some sort of screen or leaf bed so you dont suck it on of courseWink
Long live the unwoke.

Crisp
#40 Posted : 9/2/2009 7:13:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ron: On another forum you mentioned that sodium carbonate should not be used to freebase, as the ph is too low, and ammonia should be used instead... Have you changed your mind?

PREV1234NEXT»