We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT and Nitrous-Oxide Combination Options

Observant
#1 Posted : 8/28/2009 8:09:55 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

A lot of People who tried this seemed to like it . What is your guys view on it ?
Are some of you experienced with that Combination ?
The two for sure synergize ! Most people i know of take the Nitrous right after smoking the Spice .
Could it also work well on Pharmahuasca ... !??

Here is one Erowid Experience on it : http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=66034
It describes all the benefits of this combination :

Quote:
For lack of a better description, I find the nitrous smooths out the DMT experience considerably. Some of the more intense physical effects of the DMT are tempered, like the heaviness in the chest, the sometimes overwhelming rushy feel, the shortness of breath. These all seem to be rendered rather inconsequential with the addition of the nitrous. It’s hard to feel the body load when there is no real sense of having a body.

Visually it is more intense than DMT alone. The usual kaleidoscoping fractals, clown images and flashing lights explode in a fury of incomprehensible madness, as if moving into a fourth dimension. Sound, colour and shape become almost indistinguishable, blending together in perfect synethesia. If there are sounds in the room, I may hear them, but I may not be aware of what they are. While I like either silence or music with smoked DMT and find talking to be disruptive, I found the ambient noise to be less important with the nitrous. My giggling and chattering companions actually sounded (sounded?) fascinating to me.

Finally one of the more interesting effects from this combination is the tendency for the nitrous to prolong the effects of the DMT. The linear curve of the comedown was much longer, with visuals still being present up to a half hour later.

Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 8/28/2009 8:26:43 PM

The Great Namah

I guess I'm too much of an Ayahuasca purist to do this.

Nitrous has always seemed to close to huffing gas for me to really get into it. I dunno. Maybe with smoked spice, but no freaking way on an MAOI.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

jamie
#3 Posted : 8/28/2009 8:44:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Nitrous and ketamine are 2 chemicals I have wanted to try for quite a while but I am quite hesitant...ketamine becasue I have never touched needles and dont want to be addicted..nitrous becasue I dont even know how to go about getting it..dissociative psychedelics are interesting though..I find salvinorin A completely facinating..and have enjoyed it in low doses with spice..

I dont think I would try nitrous with aya though...I would maybe chew a small quid of salvia one day though while dreaming with a a brew..

Is nitrous addictive at all?...I have had access to pure ketamine from a trusted source..but the addiction potential scares me..the person who I could have got it from warned me of his own addiction to it and told me he did it every day for a year and ended up with ulcers(from snorting) so he quit...both dissociatives sound interesting though..just dont want to be addicted to anything..I never touched addicitve drugs like cocaine or opiates even once becasue I think I do have an addicitive personality so if anything is physically addictive I would have to turn it down..

I guess they use nitrous at the doctors office and people dont come back craving for more though..or do they?
Long live the unwoke.

Observant
#4 Posted : 8/28/2009 9:10:42 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Its not addictive - (unlike Ketamine Laughing )You just crave for more Gas as long as you keep on redosing to prolong the trip (or deja vu style effect , it depends )just as long as you keep on redosing , you crave for prolonging the feeling, because it feels really pleasant and is so short acting.

I dont think its like huffing butane at all - it is an short acting psychoactive dissociative .It also tastes very sweet , absolutely not like a Solvent/Poison.

You can get really used to the effects if used solo , thats where it stops being interesting real fast.

In Combination with psychedelics N2O is a lot more exciting , it is an very potent trip booster .

Most people like it , and i really dont feel like its destructive if you dont huff it all the time which is pointless anyway .

Using the stuff actually feels very clean to me . The best Inhalant of all , in my opinion.

The Combination with smoked DMT is something i still have to try , but i know several people who like it - think about it Pleased

Dont forget to try it on Shrooms and Acid Laughing
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Madcap
#5 Posted : 8/28/2009 9:14:57 PM

illudium Q-36

In the past, SWIM certainly enjoyed nitrous while on LSD. It seemed to temporarily supercharge the visuals. It would make sense that it may do nice things for spice, but SWIM is still a rookie and is getting his grips on the spice by itself.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 8/29/2009 12:47:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah thats the thing, spice is already so challenging as it is, SWIM wouldnt feel like using some nitrous on top for extra kicks...

Not that nitrous is necessarily bad or unworthy, though.. William James seemed to have very 'spiritual' experiences with it..

but just personally, I dont feel interested, neiter does SWIM.. Smile

soulfood
#7 Posted : 8/29/2009 1:43:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I think if you can inhale NO2 then you didn't have enough DMT Smile

Dwhitty76
#8 Posted : 8/29/2009 4:43:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would have to go with acolon on this one. I've never had an insightful experience from nitrous and wouldn't want to wast a nice spice jouney with gas.

DMT you come out feeling refreshed, like you gained something from the experience.Nitrous you come out of the experience like you just killed a bunch of brain cells for cheap thrills.

Don't get me wrong i've had my fun w/nitrous and given the opportunity in the parking lot of a festival i might indulge in a balloon or 6 Laughing , but to me it seems it would take away from some of the dmt magic.

I've had some crazy and bizzarre visuals from lsd and nitrous that i did enjoy, along with psilocybin and nitrous but thats a little different than dmt.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

DMTripper
#9 Posted : 8/29/2009 5:57:56 AM

John Murdoch IV

Doctors give nitrous to women during labour. So it can't be very dangerous.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

burnt
#10 Posted : 8/29/2009 9:34:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

nitrous oxide is very safe as long as you don't inhale too much to fast directly from a tank (cold will freeze your tubes). its best to fill balloons or something. nitrous doesn't really rot brains cells like other inhalents its used in anesthetia because its safe.

anyway nitrous and smoked spice is a great combination. have a friend with a filled balloon or whatever else you are using to hold the gas, take a nice hit of spice and then start huffing the balloon. it changes the experience in a positive way. its actually a really good combination SWIM highly recommends.

Bancopuma
#11 Posted : 8/29/2009 1:26:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Occasional use of nitrous is fine, but it can be quite habit forming for some people. Heavy nitrous use is not safe and depletes B vitamins, and can lead to eventual nerve damage and neurological dysfunction. Such cases are rare however.

I would be very careful about mixing nitrous with MAOI's though... Myself and a friend did this many years ago, and breathing became a hard and consciously controlled effort for a while.

burnt
#12 Posted : 8/29/2009 1:35:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep thats true. Also yes nitrous and MAOI's sounds dangerous.

Phlux-
#13 Posted : 8/29/2009 2:15:54 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

this is rediculous - am i the only one that sees this as seriously stupid ? dont most of u see this kinda like smoking crack with ur dmt or something ?
do ppl really feel like they can learn by starving their brain of oxygen ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

burnt
#14 Posted : 8/29/2009 2:35:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^No offense but if you think nitrous oxide is equivalent to starving your brain of oxygen to get high you have no idea how nitrous oxide works. Spreading misinformation is sometimes more dangerous then the information itself.

Phlux-
#15 Posted : 8/29/2009 2:43:30 PM

The Root

ok sorry - my bad i revert that "do ppl really feel like they can learn by starving their brain of oxygen ?"

sorry for spreading misinformation

I still feel the same tho - around these here parts nitrous is seen as lowly, scummy, lame attempt to get high, childish, pointless and potentially dangerous - this has been my main exposure to it, not the internet - i tried it a few times and my opinion stayed the same.
The same goes for abusing western pharmaceuticals - where i live only hobo's do it.

antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

burnt
#16 Posted : 8/29/2009 2:45:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

people can get high however they want.

Phlux-
#17 Posted : 8/29/2009 2:46:29 PM

The Root

I think what made me think it was starving ppl of oxygen is the fact that swims seen ppl pass out - flat out from lack of oxygen when using it - i guess if they were educated they would be using 50% air 50% nitrous or something
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#18 Posted : 8/29/2009 2:49:45 PM

The Root

yeah - ppl can get high how ever they want - as long as they understant they are just getting high.
for all of history ppl have done even stranger and lamer things to get some kinda rush.
have you ever inserted needles nexto your eyes ? i heard the increase in intraocular pressure can cause some crazy visuals.
Thank god i care about myself and dont abuse my body or mind like this - my body is my temple, not some kinda synthetic chemical dumping ground that i abuse for kicks.

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bancopuma
#19 Posted : 8/29/2009 2:51:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is true in the old days, they could tell if you were fully under the affects of nitrous before surgery because your lips would turn blue, and this is what they would look for. Passing out and starving one's brain of oxygen is something we could all do with avoiding. Nitrous is also referred to as 'hippy crack' in these here parts. On a slightly different, but interesting tangent carbon dioxide, aka carbogen therapy has been used as a psychotheraputic tool.

artaylor7785
#20 Posted : 8/29/2009 3:11:13 PM

love

phlux you were probably exposed to the lil cartridges like whip cream which is a diff. grade than what is in tanks, and then even tanks vary...but i have used it on lsd and was very awesome, and i could see how it could smooth out a dmt trip, using just a lil tho....seems like if you used alot one wouldnt even know whats going on
"what is more important than truth, love, and humility?" buddha

anything said by this alter ego is purely for entertainment only...i do not participate nor condone such behavior.

12NEXT