We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Phyllodium pulchellum Workspace Options

downwardsfromzero
#21 Posted : 4/30/2020 1:15:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi there HC!

The only reason, really, is tradition. Silly, I know - and there are other numbering systems, including the one you outline, that would be more logical. In fairness, it's the first non-shared atom of the largest hetero-ring nearest to the atom with the highest priority, in this instance. As far as true systematic naming goes, things can get ugly pretty quickly Laughing You would really rather work with 9H-pyrido[3,4-b]indole?? Big grin

Great that you've got seeds. I look forward to news of your experiments.

This plant would make a valuable addition to my upcoming greenhouse, for sure!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

HolderChert
#22 Posted : 5/1/2020 3:17:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Hi there HC!

The only reason, really, is tradition. Silly, I know - and there are other numbering systems, including the one you outline, that would be more logical. In fairness, it's the first non-shared atom of the largest hetero-ring nearest to the atom with the highest priority, in this instance. As far as true systematic naming goes, things can get ugly pretty quickly Laughing You would really rather work with 9H-pyrido[3,4-b]indole?? Big grin

Great that you've got seeds. I look forward to news of your experiments.

This plant would make a valuable addition to my upcoming greenhouse, for sure!

Thank you for the explanation! The only nomenclature knowledge i have to go off of is what they teach at uni. Still have allot to learn Very happy .

I will certainly update here as soon as I have anything to contribute. I've read the seeds could take months to germinate, but once sprouted they tend not to be too fussy.

Thanks again!

mycosis
#23 Posted : 5/6/2020 8:52:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all...quick update. I collected 5 grams (dried) of fallen leaves from my pulchellum plants and ran an STB extraction on it. I was left with maybe 1/2mg of a yellow/orange ball of soft wax. It smelled right and I was seeing good precipitation during freeze/evap so I tested it with Erlich reagent. The first lane on the left is the pulchellum extract, middle is a known good DMT sample from MHRB, and the last lane on the right is coffee. It's hard to see in the picture but there is a very faint hint of blue/purple in the first lane and it is more or less lined up w/the DMT sample in the middle. These plants are less than one year old.

Thanks!
mycosis attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200506_153204.jpg (3,682kb) downloaded 120 time(s).
IMG_20200506_153651.jpg (3,073kb) downloaded 118 time(s).
IMG_20200506_153700.jpg (3,456kb) downloaded 118 time(s).
IMG_20200506_153718.jpg (2,406kb) downloaded 120 time(s).

The_Alchemist
#24 Posted : 5/16/2020 6:34:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alchemist did AB on that Phyllodium pulchellum (that was his first attempt, maybe he made some mistakes, and it turned out one of the used container was not HDPE2) and got yellow wax as well (extracted amount out of 1 kg was extremely small like 0.036% if remember correctly).
Embarrassingly foolish and risky, but he took extremely small amount (residue of it on his finger) and rolled in a cigarette, he started sweating, felt slight upper abdominal pain, as cigarette was only started, so not sure what was extracted there but be cautious!

FredGarply
#25 Posted : 10/30/2022 3:14:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My plant is making many seeds. And frankly, it's now large enough to bioassay..
FredGarply attached the following image(s):
phyllodium-pulchellum-1.jpg (4,327kb) downloaded 61 time(s).
phyllodium-pulchellum-2.jpg (1,559kb) downloaded 59 time(s).

azoth
#26 Posted : 1/11/2023 2:52:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This last day I tried to exstract Dmt from 500g Dried Phyllodium Pulchellum Root, Desmodium Pulchellum Root, Pai Qian Cao Root.

The Substance was raw so I started grinding it up in my coffe bean grinder since I already had ruined my GF Blender xD There are sticks in the pack so they destroyed the grinder fast. It resulted in a raw substance exstraction.

I updated my GF and and a friend of mine along the proces on snapchat and I really forgot to document along the way in a good way but I got some pictures from the exstraction I will share. If I am able to upload the pictures not so shure how I do that but today I will learn.

The exstraction was done with vinegar and naptha de ionised water and sodium hydroxide ( I used 35% vinegar essense ) and also 7%. Will only use 7% in later exstractions becaus I feel it burned my other exstraction I was testing out, long story short it ended up being cosmetic bark that yieled almost nothing. it melted awey. anyways.

I boiled it in 200ml vinegar 35% and 2000ml de iothe first 2 houre deionised water. And repeated the proces a total of 3 times for a total of 6 houre boil. Storing the liquid from each 2 houre boil in mason jars.

After the boiling step was done I filed up my 2000ml erlenmyer flask and proceded with adding 120g of liquid made sodium hydroxide approximately 200ml. then started to shake the flask a little bit. I really need to get a rubber flask kork stopper, anyways.

After the liqid sodium hydrocide was added and left for a little time to settle I started adding naptha. approximately 500ml was added and the seperation started to occur.

The flask was then put in a semi boiling water bath to speed up the proces. I bought my erlenmyer flask at my local brewing store and was sceptical about the quality of the flask durability. So not to break the glass, as I did with one of the mason jars pouring hot liquid from one of the 2h boil. I was a little carefull when I did this.

The flask is a SIMAX flask so I belive it to be of good quality.

My pyrex dish was bussy from the 4oz cosmetic root bark exstraction so I used as a container one of the brewery equipment to contain the exstracted Dmt liquid and then but it in the freezer, Remembering just now in this moment It has only been in the freezer for 12houre. I need to put it back in. Pictures are coming!

The yield was a yellow orange ice slush I have pictures of it and the ice slush had a wheight of 26g.

I just put the orange Dmt liquid back in the freezer as I already had started to start the proces of drying it. I now have the liquid in my pyrex dish. Tinking that the steel container I had to use maby not was the best choice for crystalising the Dmt in. Any knowledge about this? I will wash the Dmt in naptha and recrystalize it for use when finished.

I think I will try to post the pictures now! My apologies for any misspellings my keyboard is set to my language and I dont have english autocorect enabled.

Best Regards
Azoth
azoth attached the following image(s):
20230110_212703.jpg (2,211kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
20230110_212736.jpg (3,270kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
20230110_212451.jpg (2,010kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
20230110_211951.jpg (2,032kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
20230111_145805.jpg (2,101kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
20230111_150550.jpg (2,867kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
20230111_150730.jpg (2,923kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
20230111_150741.jpg (3,025kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
20230111_154601.jpg (3,266kb) downloaded 40 time(s).

Dasein
#27 Posted : 1/11/2023 5:22:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a P. Pulchellum but it hasn't been doing so well. I had it in a pot and left it outside in the summers for a few weeks, it rained quite a lot during that time and the soil remained wet for too long. After that, the leaves started to fall off, most likely an infection I thought. I brought it back inside, kept it dry, watered only when the soil was really dry, but it's been months now and the poor thing still hasn't recovered... The growth is very slow, and the leaves soon turn light brown, dry out, and fall. I recently repotted it, I checked the roots and found no signs of rot, but the roots have hardly grown in the past 6-7 months. Right now I have it under a grow light, the light is strong enough and most likely isn't the problem.

Can anybody help me figure out what the problem is?
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

downwardsfromzero
#28 Posted : 1/11/2023 8:14:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nice attempt there, azoth - still, it looks as though you have a lot of water at the bottom of the extraction because there should not be all that ice. I would suggest redissolving it in a little more warm naphtha and making sure you separate the naphtha from any residual water. A Pasteur pipette will be your friend here.

I do get the feeling that your steel container may have contributed to the formation of condensation, especially if it was not covered, e.g. with plastic film. Its higher thermal conductivity also means that the contents cool down much more quickly. This hinders formation of large crystals. Otherwise, stainless steel is a compatible material.

According to wikipedia, the alkaloids are contained in the herbaceous material, whereas the roots contain mostly triterpenes. It may be that the roots simply weren't analysed for alkaloids, however - verifying this in the literature would involve digging out some rather obscure references though.

Dasein - Phyllodium pulchellum is in the Fabaceae and likely would benefit from a boost to its symbiotic bacteria. My thinking is that through getting waterlogged in the pot the bacterial population in the root nodules (?) may have become damaged.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12