We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
FAQ - Nexus crew needs your help Options

ohayoco
#21 Posted : 8/26/2009 5:21:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I dont understand ohayoco.. you mean adding a question like: What is the best set/setting to smoke?

and then recomendations like you suggest?

Hi, yes that sounds good, that would cover half of it. Set and setting, including safety concerns.

The other half (breathing, heartrate etc) is to inform people in advance of common hyperspace worries that they don't actually have to be worrying about, so that once informed they don't panic upon entry. Worrying that you're dying is another common one. I'm not sure how to phrase that as a FAQ because I think it's something that isn't expected by a noob before they go in! Hmm... maybe that stuff could be in the FAQ about safety.

Your link went to the main FAQ page when I clicked it.

I believe that it would also minimise bummers if we told people that entities can't hurt them in any way... but this may be a contentious issue because a few people seem to believe that they can, as do the shamen apparently, so we could be in danger of preaching 'the gospel of science' there. Tough one!
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#22 Posted : 8/26/2009 5:59:41 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

endlessness wrote:
edit 2: when you guys click this link, does it go to the question directly or does it go only to the main FAQ page?

This WAS a problem and is solved now. Pleased

endlessness
#23 Posted : 8/26/2009 6:52:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco, I added some more to the 'best setting' question, including things you mentioned.. check it and see what you think.. Related to entities, I said 'they cant hurt you if you dont believe it', so I think we give a certain assurance to the newcommers while at the same time not saying it absolutely doesnt hurt, it depends on which model you use to see the world and interpret things. Smile

Also I was thinking that a question that constantly comes up and that we could add is about 'how to remember'. Gotta find some threads about it or give some tips, if anybody has ideas, go ahead Smile

smokeydaze
#24 Posted : 8/27/2009 6:13:43 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Awesome job endlessness!
endlessness wrote:
smokeydaze, what do you mean, one and a half hours each boil? or just one boil? or total for 3 boils?

Like you said, 2-5 boils around 1 1/2 hours each time.
endlessness wrote:
edit: ok so I wrote a little bit on the ideal setting. Anybody agrees, disagrees, wants to add something?

I think that's really good.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

ohayoco
#25 Posted : 8/27/2009 11:36:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Here's a question that a member has just asked about in-hyperspace worries http://www.dmt-nexus.me/...p;m=75428&#post75428

Endlessness, the thing you wrote is really good!

Possible safety additions:

It is recommended that DMT is smoked sitting upright in a chair reclined enough that you will not slip or fall, such as an armchair. A minority of people have reported vomiting during the experience, some without being aware that they had done so. While we are not aware of any deaths, it would be irresponsible to discount the possibility that blocking your airway while deep in hyperspace could prove fatal. During traditional ayawaska ceremonies participants sit on the floor or in a comfortable chair. We recommend sitting upright (slightly reclined for stability) in a comfortable chair because the launch is far more immediate and surprising with vaporised DMT. Think of it as your pilot seat- you wouldn't fly a plane any other way!

If you do not have a sitter to take the pipe from you, be sure that you have a safe and easy place very near to put it down when you feel hyperspace approaching. You will not be inclined to move your hand very far, so we would recommend a fireproof shelf of sorts less than a foot away. Just smoking cigarettes in bed kills many people every year, and obviously the same dangers are relevent with DMT. We have heard one report of a member who returned from an unenjoyable trip to find that she had dropped the pipe onto her leg, resulting in a nasty burn and further lapses back into hyperspace during the night. We presume that DMT was burnt directly into the bloodstream, and released into the blood later on when the wound was agitated.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

endlessness
#26 Posted : 8/27/2009 12:42:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

once again thanks for the input... I've added most of it to the 'best setting' question..

as for safety, some of it you just discussed it and I've added in the 'best setting', and some is being dealt with in the 'is dmt physically dangerous' question. If you have a suggestion of a way to make this better organized or have a question more specifically directed at those worries, please do formulate one... if not, I also think for now this is quite good Smile

(remember, everybody, the FAQ will never be considered 'complete', we can always add or change things so whatever ideas or suggestions you guys have, keep them coming, even if its months from now and it passed long time since anybody else has done anything to the FAQ) Smile

PREV12