We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV89101112NEXT»
Dabbing DMT: The Way of the Future Options

Make Shift
#181 Posted : 3/28/2016 7:31:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

CrayJay wrote:
So of course I am back with another question Big grin

I have since tried 20 seconds of direct heat on maximal output, 20 seconds off, 15 seconds off, and 10 seconds off. At 10 seconds off it was a very harsh hit. The attached image is the residue from 15 seconds off, is there simply too little heat?

Hey man, it does look like your literally burned the spice.
Have you tried heating for just 10 seconds and cooling for 20 seconds ? And also inhaling a fraction of a second before you actually drop the spice there by creatin an air flow which will likely cause it to vaporizer easier ?
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Make Shift
#182 Posted : 3/28/2016 7:34:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a thought, could someone explain the possibility of doing it in such a way, spice is loaded onto the room temperature nail. The inside of the carb cap(ceramic) is heated to say 300 degree celcius....and then it's placed on the nail with the spice in it...
what would happen if we started inhaling ? Wouldn't the heat inside the carb cap be pulling onto the nail thereby promoting vaporization of the spice which would be purely due to hot air against the hot nail ? Convection and conduction ? Any thoughts ?
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

smoothmonkey
#183 Posted : 3/28/2016 2:24:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Nectar collector.

Only way to go

I have been curious of this as well! I use one of these for hash all the time and I theorized it should work no problem. Anyone else have experience dabbing spice with one of these? The end of it cools much faster than any kind of nail and you only have like a 5-10 second range where it's hot enough to dab with, but I'm assuming for spice u just hit it more carefully and slowly considering the melting point of spice.
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Psybin
#184 Posted : 3/28/2016 8:57:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make Shift wrote:
Just a thought, could someone explain the possibility of doing it in such a way, spice is loaded onto the room temperature nail. The inside of the carb cap(ceramic) is heated to say 300 degree celcius....and then it's placed on the nail with the spice in it...
what would happen if we started inhaling ? Wouldn't the heat inside the carb cap be pulling onto the nail thereby promoting vaporization of the spice which would be purely due to hot air against the hot nail ? Convection and conduction ? Any thoughts ?

No, heat rises so it will not work. Dabbing is already a simple and straightforward process, no need to complicate it. If you are having trouble getting an efficient dab, you should work on your technique (just as you'd be advised if facing issues efficiently vaping your spice with a GVG).

CrayJay
#185 Posted : 3/29/2016 2:38:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psybin wrote:
Make Shift wrote:

No, heat rises so it will not work. Dabbing is already a simple and straightforward process, no need to complicate it. If you are having trouble getting an efficient dab, you should work on your technique (just as you'd be advised if facing issues efficiently vaping your spice with a GVG).

What change would you recommend I implement to achieve a more efficient dab in light of the most recently uploaded picture/video combo?

Psybin
#186 Posted : 3/29/2016 4:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CrayJay wrote:
Psybin wrote:
Make Shift wrote:

What change would you recommend I implement to achieve a more efficient dab in light of the most recently uploaded picture/video combo?

I was referring to MakeShift's idea of heating the carb cap. I'm not sure about your technique without being able to see exactly what you're doing and how, but I would imagine part of the problem you are having is using unseasoned nails. Quartz has to be seasoned otherwise your dabs will burn or vape really inefficiently. Titanium is easier to season (you can just heat it glowing and then run it under cold water once it loses color) if you don't have access to cannabis concentrates to season your quartz banger. Once again, to season quartz you have to do some lower temp dabs off it till it gets gray and opaque. Constantly cleaning your quartz will prevent it from becoming seasoned.

Here's a pic of a seasoned quartz banger like the one you have

CrayJay
#187 Posted : 3/29/2016 8:45:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psybin wrote:
CrayJay wrote:
Psybin wrote:
Make Shift wrote:

I was referring to MakeShift's idea of heating the carb cap. I'm not sure about your technique without being able to see exactly what you're doing and how, but I would imagine part of the problem you are having is using unseasoned nails. Quartz has to be seasoned otherwise your dabs will burn or vape really inefficiently. Titanium is easier to season (you can just heat it glowing and then run it under cold water once it loses color) if you don't have access to cannabis concentrates to season your quartz banger. Once again, to season quartz you have to do some lower temp dabs off it till it gets gray and opaque. Constantly cleaning your quartz will prevent it from becoming seasoned.

Okay gotcha, so it just needs to be broken in so to speak. I uploaded a video on the previous page, were you unable to view/download it?

Psybin
#188 Posted : 3/29/2016 9:29:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CrayJay wrote:
Psybin wrote:
CrayJay wrote:
Psybin wrote:
Make Shift wrote:

Okay gotcha, so it just needs to be broken in so to speak. I uploaded a video on the previous page, were you unable to view/download it?

Ah, I didn't see the video before. It looks like you're definitely burning the spice (on a side note, the mouthpiece is meant to press against your lips, not go in your mouth Laughing ), but that might just be because it's sitting on the nail so long. You should do some breathing exercises and try to take the hit more quickly and all at once, but I think I would definitely keep experimenting with the temperature. Once your banger is seasoned it will be a lot easier to get the right temp. For some reason unseasoned quartz can burn cannabis dabs too even at what you'd think would be a good temp. To be honest, I usually don't use a banger style setup so I'm not as familiar with optimizing performance with them. I usually use a domeless quartz daisy or titanium domeless for spice; I already have one of each very seasoned, so I've never seen a need to try a banger setup, except for a week or two when I had the same one as you but ultimately was too lazy to season it so I gave it to a friend who did (it hits just fine now).

CrayJay
#189 Posted : 3/29/2016 10:07:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay gotcha, I'll take the heat down a notch or two. And yeah it's a small mouthpiece so I find it easier than puckering up my lips for such a small opening, but thanks for noticing that, I'm a noobie haha. So will inhaling faster allow me to clear the dose faster? I was afraid of too harsh a hit so I inhaled modestly.

Psybin
#190 Posted : 3/30/2016 4:42:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

CrayJay wrote:
Okay gotcha, I'll take the heat down a notch or two. And yeah it's a small mouthpiece so I find it easier than puckering up my lips for such a small opening, but thanks for noticing that, I'm a noobie haha. So will inhaling faster allow me to clear the dose faster? I was afraid of too harsh a hit so I inhaled modestly.

Just inhale like your taking a big deep breath right before you dive under water. The faster you inhale, the more nail and the air above it is cooled and the lower the pressure (aka greater vacuum) in the banger, thus better vaporization. It looks like your nail temp might actually be OK if you just inhale more quickly/forcefully, although I would still try a lower temp in addition to that just in case. It can be hard to tell what works best on someone else's setup, but I think with a little experimentation and practice you'll get what you're looking for. Who knows, you may even find that with improved breathing technique you prefer a hotter temp than what you're currently using, or perhaps a lower temp. Def get that nail seasoned if you can and try inhaling more though, but otherwise your setup looks great dude. That rig is great looking piece Thumbs up

CrayJay
#191 Posted : 3/30/2016 5:12:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome right on, that makes sense. For some reason I was always under the impression that a slow, long drag would be just as effective as a stronger, shorter inhalation, but easier on the lungs. I'm sure I could handle a stronger hit, especially with a lower temperature, I just need to fine tune the heating process! I was very surprised to burn spice despite the banger not glowing at all, but that's probably because it's not seasoned.

KloudQ7
#192 Posted : 3/30/2016 6:57:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some friends of mine use a nectar collector with amazing efficiency.

Stargazer_07
#193 Posted : 4/3/2016 5:33:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dead man wrote:
Dabbing is a great way to vaporize DMT, and I've partaken quite a bit using this method, but downside is that you need to deal with a hot nail/fragile rig while coming up. If you are trying to have a session, dealing with the butana torch is also a hassle.
It doesn't compare to vaporizing changa/enchanced leaf, but I'm likely it beats the other methods (I've never used a gvg) especially in efficiency.

Quote:
Also, to any mods, does one need to be a full member to change or update the wiki?

No anyone can make an account on the wiki and make changes.

[quote] Would it not be possible to vaporize change off the dab rig? Although maybe not efficient I have seen friends vaporize weed off a dab just to see what would happen and it seemed to of worked. My question is have you ever tried vaporizing the changa off a dab rig and if so do you recommend it?

Psybin
#194 Posted : 4/3/2016 10:00:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Stargazer_07 wrote:
[quote=Dead man]Dabbing is a great way to vaporize DMT, and I've partaken quite a bit using this method, but downside is that you need to deal with a hot nail/fragile rig while coming up. If you are trying to have a session, dealing with the butana torch is also a hassle.
It doesn't compare to vaporizing changa/enchanced leaf, but I'm likely it beats the other methods (I've never used a gvg) especially in efficiency.

Quote:
Also, to any mods, does one need to be a full member to change or update the wiki?

No anyone can make an account on the wiki and make changes.

Quote:
Would it not be possible to vaporize change off the dab rig? Although maybe not efficient I have seen friends vaporize weed off a dab just to see what would happen and it seemed to of worked. My question is have you ever tried vaporizing the changa off a dab rig and if so do you recommend it?

I would not recommend vaping any plant material with a dab rig, as it will spoil/tarnish it. Also, it would be horribly inefficient. You can't pedal a car and you can't put gas in a bicycle, if you catch my drift.

CrayJay
#195 Posted : 4/7/2016 12:04:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright gentlemen, so does this black residue suggest that I am not not vaporizing all of the dose, or that I am burning some of it? I have experimented with different timings, yielding a liquid with an insufficient amount of heat, and this black residue if I bump things up a notch. Is there really a sweet spot in between yielding a liquid and what is seen in these pictures (this seems doubtful since after multiple experiments I get one or the other, even after making minute adjustments to my protocol) or do I simply need even more heat to fully clear the dose? The first picture shows the remains, and the second shows it scraped up into my dab tool.

I have included a third, more delightful picture as well for your viewing pleasure Smile

Take care guys.
CrayJay attached the following image(s):
1.JPG (1,728kb) downloaded 200 time(s).
2.JPG (1,645kb) downloaded 199 time(s).
3.JPG (1,237kb) downloaded 199 time(s).

Psybin
#196 Posted : 4/7/2016 6:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CrayJay wrote:
Alright gentlemen, so does this black residue suggest that I am not not vaporizing all of the dose, or that I am burning some of it? I have experimented with different timings, yielding a liquid with an insufficient amount of heat, and this black residue if I bump things up a notch. Is there really a sweet spot in between yielding a liquid and what is seen in these pictures (this seems doubtful since after multiple experiments I get one or the other, even after making minute adjustments to my protocol) or do I simply need even more heat to fully clear the dose? The first picture shows the remains, and the second shows it scraped up into my dab tool.

I have included a third, more delightful picture as well for your viewing pleasure Smile

Take care guys.

EDIT: Wow, reading this post again I realize it was definitely not an appropriate tone. Not sure why I felt the need to be hostile, but it was unwarranted.

CrayJay
#197 Posted : 4/7/2016 10:25:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psybin wrote:
CrayJay wrote:

Take care guys.

Yep, you're definitely burning the spice. Maybe DMT wasn't the best choice for your first attempt at smoking/vaping. It seems like other users with experience with cannabis smoking or dabbing aren't having such trouble. It would seem as though you still need to learn how to smoke in general and the dynamics of how that works. You also aren't going to be able to season your nail without some sort of cannabis concentrate, so you're really just wasting your time and spice at this point. I can only give you the same advice so many times. Perhaps locate a friend who is well versed in smoking or dabbing to teach you in person?

Sounds good, thanks for all the help man, much appreciated! Thumbs up

CrayJay
#198 Posted : 4/8/2016 3:20:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On my next try I found the perfect protocol: 11 seconds of direct flame and 18 seconds standby time, I cleared a 40 mg dose in one hit with ease and zero residue. I don't even remember exhaling as I was well on my way to hyperspace by that time, holy mackerel. It's as if it was meant to be, 11/18 is the month/day combination of my birthday Wut?

CrayJay
#199 Posted : 4/12/2016 3:14:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright fellas, how is the banger looking now? In the second picture I collected any minute remnants to one small pile just to show much was leftover. None of it is burned so is this just a small amount that wasn't quite vaporized?

Psybin, the quartz is definitely becoming seasoned now, I can see what you meant by that now, it is definitely producing a glowing effect now and is only improving with successive use!
CrayJay attached the following image(s):
001.JPG (861kb) downloaded 158 time(s).
002.JPG (881kb) downloaded 155 time(s).

Psybin
#200 Posted : 4/12/2016 4:40:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love Thumbs up Big grin

«PREV89101112NEXT»