We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
rule against openly mentioning solvent & base brands Options

concombres
#1 Posted : 2/18/2015 10:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think there should be a new rule prohibiting talk of particular brands of solvents & bases used.

It looks like a more commonly occuring thing with new members every day.

We all know what happened to red devil lye when it gained a reputation for use in meth production.

In order to preserve the good brands & keep them additive free & still around i think it's best to avoid any direct discussion on their names in the open.
Inbox messages are a different story, it's not openly brodcast on the internet for LE & god knows who else to stumble upon.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

pitubo
#2 Posted : 2/18/2015 11:05:47 PM

dysfunctional word machine

I disagree for the reasons given in the other thread.

Also I'd like to add that DMT isn't methamphetamine and the culture around DMT is vastly different from that around methamphetamine.

"Red devil" is only one single brand with one single stated purpose. The formulation changed so it still fits that purpose. Solvents are available from many brands and for many different purposes. It is entirely unlikely that all these brands will be withdrawn from the market or reformulated. The mere assumption that it would be done so because of DMT extraction is made without any form of proof or reason and based on unwarranted paranoia. We need to help people figure out which solvents are good and which aren't.

1ce
#3 Posted : 2/18/2015 11:55:53 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

I whole heartedly support this rule.

FYI

You can bitch and moan all you want about the difference between meth, and dmt culture, but I'll leave you this little treat:

Google "vm&p naptha"

Know what comes up? DMT nexus comes up.

pitubo
#4 Posted : 2/19/2015 12:04:21 AM

I don't see the problem with that, whatever you are trying to suggest there.

Can you please instead address my arguments that I made earlier? Thanks.

1ce
#5 Posted : 2/19/2015 12:10:15 AM

I'll adress them specifically as soon as you can identify why the nexus pops up under brand search.

pitubo
#6 Posted : 2/19/2015 12:11:16 AM

Oh and BTW I just checked your search phrase in my preferred search engine (I don't use google). The nexus doesn't show up on the first page even. So I don't agree with what you are claiming and I don't agree with the "facts" that you state.

PS: Did you know that google "personalizes" search results? The results may be more an indication of your online behaviour than of vm&p naphta's objective associations.

PS2: Ironically, this whole thread is only strengthening the association between "VM&P naphta" and dmt-nexus. Oh dear, there I said it again..

1ce
#7 Posted : 2/19/2015 12:35:23 AM

pitubo wrote:
Oh and BTW I just checked your search phrase in my preferred search engine (I don't use google). The nexus doesn't show up on the first page even. So I don't agree with what you are claiming and I don't agree with the "facts" that you state.

PS: Did you know that google "personalizes" search results? The results may be more an indication of your online behaviour than of vm&p naphta's objective associations.

PS2: Ironically, this whole thread is only strengthening the association between "VM&P naphta" and dmt-nexus. Oh dear, there I said it again..

So you don't agree with me because you... refuse to loook? Gee,. I sure wish I had what it takes to perform all these logic defying mental backflips. If I could make my problems go away by ignoring them.. damn.b

How about the fact vm&p naptha isn't carried by home depot/walmart and other big chains. Going to ignore that too? Because they made a public announcement when the product was pulled.

I çan't determine why you're having such issues with 1+1=ignoring the problem on purpose.

Spaced Out 2
#8 Posted : 2/19/2015 1:09:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce maybe you can write up a tek for chloroform, I noticed in another thread that you mentioned it to be less dangerous, and more efficient extracting the preferred alkaloids. I'd be willing to try it if you write it up, I'm sure bleach and acetone aren't going away anytime soon. Just a thought, but I would still like to try it.Very happy

1ce
#9 Posted : 2/19/2015 1:16:50 AM

I could do that, it'd be a long tek and I could couple it with a cannibis extraction

pitubo
#10 Posted : 2/19/2015 2:19:36 AM

1ce wrote:
How about the fact vm&p naptha isn't carried by home depot/walmart and other big chains. Going to ignore that too? Because they made a public announcement when the product was pulled.

Would you care to point me to that statement? I couldn't quickly find it with my search engine.

1ce wrote:
I çan't determine why you're having such issues with 1+1=ignoring the problem on purpose.

Because I am not ignoring it on purpose. And because it is not evident to me that there is in fact a problem. You think that there is a problem and even demand forum rule change, but when I ask you for facts and arguments that there is objectively a problem, you avoid that and start to accuse me of refusing to look and "performing logic defying mental backflips"

But anyway, just after I had made my last post, and before your reply, I decided to test my assumptions by driving to the other side of town, to a computer that google (hopefully) doesn't associate with me or dmt or vm&p naphtha. I googled for "vm&p naptha" and attached is what I got. You made me laugh (look at the bottom), thank you. Within 30 minutes, google had indexed my last post to the first page. I think that is more reason for paranoia than the whole naphtha sources issue, to be honest.

Granted, I made a typo (naphta) but so do you (naptha). In fact, it is only when one makes your typo, that the "druggie sites" come up on the first page. I wonder what that proves...
pitubo attached the following image(s):
Screenshot.png (112kb) downloaded 112 time(s).

Spaced Out 2
#11 Posted : 2/19/2015 2:43:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep that sucks Thumbs down
1ce looking forward to the write up and perfect timing as well as I have a nice amount of buds and trim leaf that needs to be done.

1ce
#12 Posted : 2/19/2015 3:31:22 AM

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
Yep that sucks Thumbs down
1ce looking forward to the write up and perfect timing as well as I have a nice amount of buds and trim leaf that needs to be done.

I never demanded forum rule. I searched with vm&p naphtha got this, we even made it before wikipedia!

1ce attached the following image(s):
Screenshot_2015-02-18-18-28-33.png (176kb) downloaded 96 time(s).

1ce
#13 Posted : 2/19/2015 3:35:57 AM

I think by sourcing it was more inted for "you may find activated carbon at the aquarium section" rather than 'you will find red devil brand lye at walmart for 7.88$ in the plumbing isle'.

There is a difference.

pitubo
#14 Posted : 2/19/2015 4:21:22 AM

1ce wrote:
There is a difference.

It is IMHO not a principal difference, but only a difference of nuance.

You see, I hold the opinion that your entire argument is on a sliding scale. First we ban the naming of brands of solvemt, allowing only desciptions like "naphtha". Then we ban the naming of type of solvent, allowing only "non-polar". Then we ban explicit teks, allowing only vague references to "acid-base extraction". Then we ban mentioning plant sources. Then we ban the word "DMT". Where does it stop, I ask? Do you want to make DMT a secret? Turn the dmt-nexus into a closed site, inaccessible to google and the rest of the proles? Realize that you would not be here if it were so.

There were specific reasons for banning the naming of sources for dried plant material. These reasons do not implicitly transfer to sources of extraction tools. You have to make a good case about it and I think that you have not done so.

I have asked you a couple of times for proper arguments and you have not provided these as far as I can see. You claim that shops discontinue sales of some products because of their use by home extractors, but when I ask you to provide fact and reason, you ignore my requests, but reply by accusing me of making mental backflips. I think you can do better than that.

pitubo
#15 Posted : 2/19/2015 4:25:38 AM

1ce wrote:
I never demanded forum rule.

But are you not arguing for one then?

1ce wrote:
I searched with vm&p naphtha got this, we even made it before wikipedia!

Keep in mind that google personalizes search results. What you get to see is not what everybody gets to see.

Nevertheless, even if everybody got to see nexus discussion of it as the top result in google, that is not by itself a reason to ban naming of it. You have to make a proper argument why this is bad enough to ban the naming here. I have not seen you do that and you have not engaged any of my arguments why it isn't bad enough.

concombres
#16 Posted : 2/19/2015 4:43:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pitubo you make for a convincing argument.

Particularly the google part. I tend to be very paranoid & cautious but your posts here make very valid points imo & have changed my mind on the subject to a certain degree & actually put my mind at ease.

I'd also like to point out to ICE, that even in the event dmt explodes in popularity & becomes a target for law enforcement, there are plenty of other routes one can take to obtain pure spice & it will never be out of the reach of any decent chemist with an interest as i'm sure your aware of already.

1ce
#17 Posted : 2/19/2015 5:20:05 AM

concombres wrote:
Pitubo you make for a convincing argument.

Particularly the google part. I tend to be very paranoid & cautious but your posts here make very valid points imo & have changed my mind on the subject to a certain degree & actually put my mind at ease.

I'd also like to point out to ICE, that even in the event dmt explodes in popularity & becomes a target for law enforcement, there are plenty of other routes one can take to obtain pure spice & it will never be out of the reach of any decent chemist with an interest as i'm sure your aware of already.

My concern isn't about dmt it's about not associating named products with illicit use, It blows my mind why many of you can't see it and put 2+2 together :s Same reason we don't post pictures of ourselves, because we create targets.

Either y'all are unreachle or I'm failing you with my explanations. So I will depart, and leave room for others.

Spaced Out 2
#18 Posted : 2/19/2015 5:21:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I still want that chloroform tek btw 1ce, when you get the time. ThanksThumbs up

concombres
#19 Posted : 2/19/2015 5:26:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
I still want that chloroform tek btw 1ce, when you get the time. ThanksThumbs up

Careful with that. I'd like to see a tek as well, but if your not already experienced with distilling solvents it may be dangerous.
Distillation is not a very hard thing to learn to do safely, but the chloroform yeilded from bleach & acetone will be far less than pure & distilling before using is a must.

1ce
#20 Posted : 2/19/2015 7:07:39 AM

Chloroform is pretty damn safe, but if mishandled will kill you just as quickly as anythint else, so I'll be including a large safety/handling section because I think alot of people here will be very unfamiliar wi5h it. I'll probably post it up tomorrow after it's been distilled.

12NEXT