We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Deep Deep Down The Rabbit Hole -- San Pedro Tea Options

friken
#1 Posted : 2/11/2015 5:45:59 PM

I have gazed into the eyes of insanity and returned the smile

Ok.... this may be a bit long winded. Thanks for joining me so I can share this trip w the amazing community here. I think of you all as my friends on a path of self-understanding.

Over the weekend I had an AMAZING and DEEP experience with San Pedro tea. I have worked with SP a few times previously. While those previous experiences were enlightening, enjoyable, and interesting I thought of them as extremely easy and minor compared to my time in DMT hyperspace. I really didn't think cacti could take one as deep as DMT -- no where near. I was very wrong.

So, Let's get to it.

Set/Setting:
Where -- My house.

People -- Myself and a good friend.

Intention -- To introduce my friend to SPedro (her first time), join her w a low-ish dose and work on my own life struggles while helping her if she has any difficulty with the experience.

Dosage:
Total batch -- ~9lbs of fresh SanPedro.

Prep -- de-spined, and cut out the cores of the larger pieces and left the core in the small soft pieces. I chopped them up, blended to frothy, foamy mush and boiled.

Boil -- I boiled and filtered three times. 3-4 hours per boil with a splash or few of white vinegar added after each filter when I added fresh water. I combined all three filters and reduced to a thick liquid, about like sweet/sour sauce.

Dose -- I split the batch into three doses. So, about 3 lbs fresh each. My previous 4-5 sPedro teas were between 3-4lbs and I considered them pretty minor/threshold experiences. My views have changed after this trip and I now know the potency between plants can be WILDLY different!

The trip....

The original plan was to start in the morning around 9am. Plans change and we didn't end up starting until 2pm. My friend had work the next day but not until 1pm so it seemed like plenty of time considering my previous trips were 4-7 hours. I had read that San Pedro can keep it's hold for 12+ hours but I thought it was an exaggeration from my previous experiences with it.

So at 2pm, we drank the 'tea' (more like syrup). I was impressed w/ my newbie friend. She downed it like a veteran while I wussed my way through it. She brought some great tasting icecream as a chaser. It worked REALLY well to get that pungent slime out of mouth and throat.

My first indication that this wasn't going to be as light of a trip as previous ones was about 5 minutes after ingestion I was already feeling that body lightness and slight brightening of color that is signature cacti. Hmmm... that usually doesn't happen for an hour or two.

About 45 minutes in I was feeling it but still pretty minor and my friend was not. We talked briefly about splitting the 3rd does and decided to give it another 30-45min to decide.

We went out back to lay on the deck and relax. My friend was starting to get a little anxious and we calmed down, lay back and watched the fractal sky. Wow.... the shifting clouds, swirling multi-layered fluffy bliss was calming. Amazing. The trees started fractalizing and swaying. Stunning!

After a while we returned inside to listen to some music. It was nice but chaotic. After trying a few pandora stations, we decided maybe silence was golden. This is when things started into high gear. I began to question what was in store because the visuals and feeling was taking hold in a very strong way.

I am extremely lucky that my friend was mentally strong, prepared, and did not need me much through the experience because I honestly was just flat out wrong on dosage/intensity and I was well into the trip with her and not the best babysitter/guide. I think I needed her presence and babysitting as much as I had it to offer in return. I had a few thoughts of 'hmmmm.... I sure hope this doesn't get too much stronger or I will be in a terrible position to help someone new to the experience'.

Well... It got stronger and stronger and stronger. Almost smoked DMT hyperspace strong. But a very different signature. Instead of fast paced fractal hyperspace, It was slower and more gentle, but definitely a similar fractal imagery. At around the 5-7 hour mark I could tell I was still clearly on the come up. It is hard to report on the time passed as I was having trouble even looking at my phone for the time and making sense of when we started or what time it was. I could still do the math, but the meaning of the numbers was a bit lost on me.

I have struggled with neck and upper back pain for a decade or more. I started having flashes of an alternate life. In this alternate life, I was dying. I knew it, I was scared and trying to find peace with it. My neck and chest was broken and severed. I was on my very last breath. In this existence, this single last exhale, this moment between living and dying, was my current lifetime. I got to experience that life itself is fractal. We all exist as one simultaneously. This alternate life had a completely different timescale. I was not human and I have no idea what I was or if it was even something earthly. This was not important. What was important is the connection between my current life and this alternate life was extremely clear. We were one with a vibration connecting us. My current life existed for the purpose of bringing peace to the last breath of this alternate life. All my lessons in this life, all the struggles, all the love, all the beauty, all was a journey to understand how to find peace -- how to accept death and to let go for final rest -- to let go of any regrets or unfinished business. Somewhere is another life in the fractal flower of existence which will take place at the moment of my death and it will be beautiful.

And in a flash of white light I went to a very very very primal place. At first I really thought it was dark and evil. As I tried to understand what I was seeing and feeling, everything was very pointy, violent, and non-human. I was experiencing the most primal core of myself. It was spider-like. No emotion, no caring, only primal nature of prey and consuming. I was having flashes of being both the insect and it's prey. The feeling of tearing a prey's an exoskeleton apart with my jaws while simultaneously being torn apart as prey of another. I had a thought about spider-like creatures and the cactus -- biting the flesh of the cactus to inject venom into the cactus and marking my home, my territory, my scent to create the boundary of home for my offspring. In that instant I felt a powerful, powerful surging of venom in my veins. It was..... an intense feeling of power.

I looked over at my friend and saw her primal nature and I initially felt terror and I was prey and that thought flipped a thousand times of her being my prey and I her prey until --that thought exploded in amazing fractal patterns and In this place of deep contemplation I stayed for a very long time. I needed to come to terms with it. I slowly found a place of not only acceptance of that part of myself, but of the beauty of the primal nature of life itself.

Another flash of white...

Egyptian symbols and walls were floating around me. Sands were blowing the symbols off the walls as time was sped up to hundreds of years per second -- sandblasting the stone carved symbols from the face of time. I was standing looking at 7 pillars. I looked at the first. It represented, in every way, the primal-insectoid archetype. It was one building block of what makes life. It is in everything alive. It is uncaring with no concept of good/evil or any duality. It exists only to exist. It goes through the motions of life through per-programmed instinct. I understood for the first time, this was not the evil inside me... it was the starting point of life. It was not something to be escaped from or hidden from ourselves.

I looked at the second pillar. It was human. It cared. It loved. It had purpose. It held hope. It was a pillar of learning, of struggle, of duality. In that moment I knew to be human was to struggle through duality and grow. Male / Female, Light / Dark, Good / Evil, Happy / Sad, all building blocks of humanity. Being human was never designed to be easy or simple. It is a tool. An amazingly effective tool to experience duality. To come to terms with the concept of a self. To begin to understand and feel the separation from being one. That separation and longing for return to the one is the foundation of duality. I felt profound peace to know that my human life was not unique in my struggle but par for the course and a life well lived. I felt purpose. I felt on the right path for the first time in a long, long time. Time to move forward. Time to look at the next pillar.

White light.... the the next pillar faded into the light. I denied myself access. I felt waves of love and light. I did not want to go there yet. I already knew all pillars and while I do not have conscious access to those memories, I felt at peace leaving that veil of forgetfulness in place. I knew I could remove that veil, but to do so would also shed my humanity. The veil of separation and forgetfulness I put there for a reason and while my spiritual being craves to walk beyond them, I am here for a reason which I have not yet completed. It was time to return. To check in with my friend and to begin to say goodbye to San Pedro.

After checking in with my friend, she was doing amazingly well. She had a warrior's spirit and was both slaying her own demons while finding her own bliss. I was both proud of her and amazed that this was her first psychedelic and I saw zero evidence of her flipping out! San Pedro had given us both a priceless gift. It is said that San Pedro holds the keys to heaven -- indeed.

I went back outside alone for a little while. I laid down on my deck and watched the stars. They are amazing. A zillion points of light... all looking back and me and smiling. I found peace. I had shed so much. I had learned so much. I was profoundly thankful. Mosquitoes fed on me and I gave willingly. As I thanked them for their existence, the itching stopped and I wasn't sure if they had existed at all. The walls of reality were thin. My mind created it and in that knowing I was ready to sleep.

I returned inside and we both chatted about our experiences. I felt seen. I felt known. I felt loved. I have no doubt our journeys were uniquely different, but somehow connected. I felt that connection to all and it strengthened my belief that I am both the creator and the created. To share experience with another is to know yourself a little better. And I love it. Human I will remain -- for now.

After some much, much needed sleep, in and out of San Pedro's grip, lined with amazing dreams, and amazing blurred 5 senses, I awoke. I had almost said goodbye to SP. It was time for breakfast. Basil eggs, and mango/apple fruit salad. Tastegasms! I was back... I was I again.

18 hours from ingestion to breakfast. Another 2+ hours before I was fully back to baseline. I feel that this experience gave me some missing pieces to better understand a number of my DMT trips -- both ayahuasca and smoked DMT trips.

Thanks for allowing me to share my journey. Peace to all. I see you and I am seen.

--
Friken

I have stared into the eyes of insanity and returned with a smile.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 2/11/2015 6:51:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

amazing report friken!

Wachuma really is a mystery school of it's own, isn't it?
Long live the unwoke.

Lysergik
#3 Posted : 2/11/2015 7:45:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

I've only had one nice experience with SP, I really liked the comfortable vibe SP put me to experience intricate, colorful closed eyes visuals. After reading your story, the idea of a really strong experience with cacti is really appealing !

D.REYx420
#4 Posted : 2/11/2015 8:19:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

friken wrote:
I looked at the second pillar. It was human. It cared. It loved. It had purpose. It held hope. It was a pillar of learning, of struggle, of duality. In that moment I knew to be human was to struggle through duality and grow. Male / Female, Light / Dark, Good / Evil, Happy / Sad, all building blocks of humanity. Being human was never designed to be easy or simple. It is a tool. An amazingly effective tool to experience duality. To come to terms with the concept of a self. To begin to understand and feel the separation from being one. That separation and longing for return to the one is the foundation of duality. I felt profound peace to know that my human life was not unique in my struggle but par for the course and a life well lived. I felt purpose. I felt on the right path for the first time in a long, long time. Time to move forward. Time to look at the next pillar.

That resonates with me soo much man <3 this was an amazing experience to read and I'm sure way moar amazing to actually experience lol much love sir.
"we are not human being's having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual being's having human experience's." (Teilhard de Chardin (1975?)

Poekus
#5 Posted : 2/11/2015 8:26:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great detailled report. It definitely is a powerful mental tool.

Those hieroglyph like shiny visuals are magnificent. Strangely I see episodes of them on all phens I tried, but never on tryptamines.

friken
#6 Posted : 2/11/2015 10:47:53 PM

jamie wrote:
amazing report friken!
Wachuma really is a mystery school of it's own, isn't it?

That is is! I really didn't think it could give that deep of experiences. I usually hear people only talk about euphoric / bliss trips and minor visuals. Expectations, right? Whatever they are the plant teachers will make sure to give you something different.

nicechrisman
#7 Posted : 2/12/2015 12:58:57 AM

Kin

I don't get intricate detailed visuals as much as I get dreams from it. Often it will knock me into a strange semi sleeping dream state.
Nagdeo

#8 Posted : 2/12/2015 2:10:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Great report!

The mescaline experience, especially in a sufficient dosage, is so powerful; so beautiful, it truly stands apart.

Most excellent write up. Smile

xram
#9 Posted : 2/12/2015 7:08:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great report. Makes me want to go deeper...

friken
#10 Posted : 2/12/2015 11:07:36 PM

Tattvamasi wrote:
Great report!

The mescaline experience, especially in a sufficient dosage, is so powerful; so beautiful, it truly stands apart.

Most excellent write up. Smile

I had read that mesc can go pretty deep, but I just hadn't experienced It's depth until this last trip. I am an even bigger fan now.

CuriousSeeker
#11 Posted : 2/13/2015 1:22:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice writeup of a moving experience, though your phrase, "pungent slime," nearly resonated too much for me! Sick I usually boil fresh cacti like you do, and I've found that it doesn't seem necessary to blend fresh cactus, just chopping it seems to work as well and makes the final "slime" a little less viscous.

Congratulations your deepening relationship with this wonderful plant!
A scale is a wonderful thing. Everything else posted by CS is lunatic fiction.

coAsTal
#12 Posted : 2/13/2015 3:47:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

friken, thank you for this report- it was a joy to read.

friken
#13 Posted : 2/13/2015 6:30:25 PM

Thanks for all the kind words and for sharing in my experience. I look forward to working more w SanPedro now that I know how deep, and gentle it can be. Big fan..... yep... big fan.

mew
#14 Posted : 2/16/2015 12:03:00 AM

huachumancer

glad to hear you carry the torch in your heart.

may your future endeavors be blessed through the practice of respect, compassion, and hunger for more =)

much love amigo

p.s. newbies dont have a taste correlation that after a drink or a few others develope.
id also reccomend using something to rinse the mouth then spit as stomach content is directly relevant. more mileage in your future.

thymamai
#15 Posted : 2/18/2015 7:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I have struggled with neck and upper back pain for a decade or more. I started having flashes of an alternate life. In this alternate life, I was dying. I knew it, I was scared and trying to find peace with it. My neck and chest was broken and severed. I was on my very last breath. In this existence, this single last exhale, this moment between living and dying, was my current lifetime.

"pushing your consciousness, deep into every atom and cell"

HumbleTraveler
#16 Posted : 2/23/2015 4:51:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lovely read, makes me excited to try mine Smile
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

z0mbie
#17 Posted : 2/27/2015 7:43:56 PM

Buy the ticket, take the ride

Wow man that sounds like it was a really incredible adventure! Thanks for sharing such an awesome report. My experiences with cactus have been relatively tame but your experience has definitely encouraged me to aim for a much deeper experience in the future when I work with my Peruvian torch Smile
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. The others--the living--are those who pushed their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to choose between now and later - HST

DesykaLamgeenie
#18 Posted : 2/28/2015 5:08:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

*Much appreciation and gratitude for sharing this experience friken. I highly enjoyed it and was fed by it. Well written and translated, and much I could relate to though I have no experience with any mescaline-containing cacti.*

friken wrote:
I have struggled with neck and upper back pain for a decade or more. I started having flashes of an alternate life. In this alternate life, I was dying. I knew it, I was scared and trying to find peace with it. My neck and chest was broken and severed. I was on my very last breath. In this existence, this single last exhale, this moment between living and dying, was my current lifetime. I got to experience that life itself is fractal. We all exist as one simultaneously. This alternate life had a completely different timescale. I was not human and I have no idea what I was or if it was even something earthly. This was not important. What was important is the connection between my current life and this alternate life was extremely clear. We were one with a vibration connecting us. My current life existed for the purpose of bringing peace to the last breath of this alternate life. All my lessons in this life, all the struggles, all the love, all the beauty, all was a journey to understand how to find peace -- how to accept death and to let go for final rest -- to let go of any regrets or unfinished business. Somewhere is another life in the fractal flower of existence which will take place at the moment of my death and it will be beautiful.

This part really stood out to me. I've never had that sort of perception of [time/reality/the interconnectedness of lives and dimensions] before - this life being an expanded slice of another life on a different time scale - that's a fascinating concept. Thank you for that.

<3

friken
#19 Posted : 3/13/2015 9:36:34 PM

z0mbie wrote:
Wow man that sounds like it was a really incredible adventure! Thanks for sharing such an awesome report. My experiences with cactus have been relatively tame but your experience has definitely encouraged me to aim for a much deeper experience in the future when I work with my Peruvian torch Smile

I have an friend, experienced w cactus, who I asked how much cactus to take as a higher dose.... his consistent answer is 'all of it'... I know, that isn't a good answer especially when trying to be cautious and guiding newcomers on best practice. I won't advocate insane doses -- however, unlike DMT, I am not scared of high doses of cactus. It has a different and gentle characteristic to it compared to the hyperspace-slaps you can get out of DMT. I have had several high dose DMT experiences where it honestly left my brain in shock for hours after where all I could really think was 'wtf, wtf, wtf, wtf, wtf, wtf, wtf'.... not that it was negative or terrible, just that my brain was in flip out, WTF mode trying to process the hyperslap.

double_peter
#20 Posted : 4/28/2015 12:40:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What a great report. Thank you for that.

12NEXT