We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
[Technique] Microwave-Assisted Extraction Options

BundleflowerPower
#21 Posted : 1/14/2015 11:20:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
BundleflowerPower: presumably you just drink the liquid after filtering or decanting away from the solids?

Yes. An interesting note is when I combined some of the rue and acacia teas which were both microwaved, alkaloids immediately precipitated. I'm not sure if it was the harmalas or dmt. The rue tea was acidified while the acacia was not.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 1/15/2015 12:00:45 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Anything on MW for breaking emulsions anyone?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

1ce
#23 Posted : 1/15/2015 7:21:51 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

I think centrifuging is a cheaper/more reliable solution to breaking up an emulsion.

Jees
#24 Posted : 1/15/2015 2:31:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Emulsion breaking: freeze - thaw , very much worth an attempt, quite effective in many cases.

benzyme
#25 Posted : 1/15/2015 2:38:23 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

further polarizing the aqueous phase, less work than both of those.
heating up the aqueous phase is also helpful.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

MaNoMaNoM
#26 Posted : 1/16/2015 8:50:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So is there anything else that can replace the ceramic coated metal to block microwaves?
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

benzyme
#27 Posted : 1/16/2015 10:37:10 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

ceramic (of course), or teflon.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Reincarnated
#28 Posted : 12/7/2017 4:32:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
I did a simple experiment with P. Harmala. 12 g was covered with a minimal amount of water which was acidified with 1000 mg of vitamin c. This was microwaved for 1 min.

A freind and I then consumed the rue along with 10 g each of normaly prepared ACRB brew. We drank this over the course of an hour and a half. A very powerful experience resulted.

The tea made from the rue was also very easy to drink compared to the normal 3x boiling method.

I should note that the effects of the rue seemed a little different than normal. More of an electric feel. Perhaps some of the harmalas were reduced to THH in the microwave?

Edit: today I decided to attempt to brew acacia using this method, a sort of bio essay guided research. I covered 5 g of ACRB in a small glass and covered with minimal water. No acidification used. Microwaved for 1 min. I had 140 mg of harmalas which I re-constituted in water and drank, followed 15 min later by the light.

It works. It was almost as powerful as the 6 g rue + 10 g ACRB brew I mentioned above.

Btw, the taste was very tolerable. Better than the egg white trick or letting it decant over and over.

Bumper
. Was wondering if anyone is using the microwave to brew rue? I think im going to give this a try....it only takes a minute after all.
I may be a poor man but when I close my eyes im sleeping in the palace of kings

Sakkadelic
#29 Posted : 12/7/2017 5:29:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Reincarnated wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:
I did a simple experiment with P. Harmala. 12 g was covered with a minimal amount of water which was acidified with 1000 mg of vitamin c. This was microwaved for 1 min.

A freind and I then consumed the rue along with 10 g each of normaly prepared ACRB brew. We drank this over the course of an hour and a half. A very powerful experience resulted.

The tea made from the rue was also very easy to drink compared to the normal 3x boiling method.

I should note that the effects of the rue seemed a little different than normal. More of an electric feel. Perhaps some of the harmalas were reduced to THH in the microwave?

Edit: today I decided to attempt to brew acacia using this method, a sort of bio essay guided research. I covered 5 g of ACRB in a small glass and covered with minimal water. No acidification used. Microwaved for 1 min. I had 140 mg of harmalas which I re-constituted in water and drank, followed 15 min later by the light.

It works. It was almost as powerful as the 6 g rue + 10 g ACRB brew I mentioned above.

Btw, the taste was very tolerable. Better than the egg white trick or letting it decant over and over.

Bumper
. Was wondering if anyone is using the microwave to brew rue? I think im going to give this a try....it only takes a minute after all.

things should be powdered finely for this to work..
edit[also if he's using a minimal amount of water, he must be drinking the whole thing with plant material, nasty...] apparently not.. reading the rest of the thread
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

starway6
#30 Posted : 12/7/2017 6:52:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The subject of using a microwave brings back memory of years back as a some people have used microwaves to dry out green pot...

I was told that it would dry the pot quickly.. but cause a re arangment of the molecules sometimes making it more potent!

Only a couple years back i played with the idea of using a microwave in the process of dmt extraction..now the subject is brought up!

I think we are dealing with altering molecules here...

starway6
#31 Posted : 12/7/2017 7:19:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What i talked about in my post above i knew about many years back...

just found google link below ... is a link about using microwave with pot...

Microwave | Cannabis.com - The World's Cannabis Site
boards.cannabis.com › Marijuana Methods and Strains › Marijuana Methods
Jun 10, 2007 - I looked at all of the stuff about microwaving your weed to make it stronger and i tried it. It turns out ... But it's pretty suspiciouse how much more potent it made the weed. ... There are some people who don't like to use a microwave at all, but if you feel comfortable using it for food, than it should be fine for bud.

Reincarnated
#32 Posted : 12/8/2017 4:44:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tried to dry pot like this many years ago.
Only once because imo it was the worst thing that you can do to it. Didn't really dry properly and tasted harsh and I think it probably made it weaker. I think heating like this would vape off the THC as this method with correct equipment can collect condensated essential oils...so i guessing pretty high temperature

I think it would suit rue as the harmalas are pretty tough
I may be a poor man but when I close my eyes im sleeping in the palace of kings

Dogbark
#33 Posted : 12/11/2017 12:45:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The link appears to be dead. Anyone have one thats working ?

Jees
#34 Posted : 12/11/2017 2:07:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^^ Thumbs up

Dogbark
#35 Posted : 12/11/2017 2:49:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you

skoobysnax
#36 Posted : 12/11/2017 4:41:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So my assumptions in this thread are correct?
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=585480#post585480

Seemed to work well.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

starway6
#37 Posted : 12/13/2017 3:02:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Reincarnated wrote:
I have tried to dry pot like this many years ago.
Only once because imo it was the worst thing that you can do to it. Didn't really dry properly and tasted harsh and I think it probably made it weaker. I think heating like this would vape off the THC as this method with correct equipment can collect condensated essential oils...so i guessing pretty high temperature

I think it would suit rue as the harmalas are pretty tough

This is strange because there are [MANY READS] on line claiming that pot [even crappy pot] was made much stronger by microwaves...

Ive also read that microwaves have a power enhancing effect used in process of DMT extraction or tea form...

Is it posible your pot was extra weak to begin with?

starway6
#38 Posted : 12/13/2017 3:09:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also remember... a microwave turned on low might have a very different effect on pot or anything else.. than when turned on a higher setting!Thumbs up

I think the higher the setting the higher the chances are of destroying the bud ...bud. Big grin

Trickster
#39 Posted : 2/22/2019 9:56:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Efficiency of MAE compared with Heat Reflux Extraction and Ultra-sound Assisted Extraction.
Optimal conditions (temp. solvent, time) for MAE determined.
I wonder if it possible to use some kind of thermometer inside a kitchen microwave oven.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Brennendes Wasser
#40 Posted : 2/22/2019 5:49:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Well I just want to drop here that I once used my regular microwave compared to the real cooking TEK and it got far less goodies Big grin Big grin

Therefore did never go that way again : /

EDIT: Just read briefly through that paper to check if I totally misdid something - why do they always change between "vasicine" and "visicine" Rolling eyes Very happy

PREV123NEXT