We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : ever had a DMT-like breakthrough on shrooms?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 11 57 %
no 7 36 %
no, but came very close 1 5 %

PREV12
Ever had a DMT-like breakthrough on shrooms? Options

jamie
#21 Posted : 8/18/2009 1:34:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have heard many voices speak to me and tell me things while on mushrooms..and not always nice things I might add..something spice again has not yet done to me..

After many large dose mushroom trips with other people, I started to take lower doses(1-3 grams) sometimes late at night when I was tired before sleep and lay there all night tripping, in and out of light sleep. It gets extremely weird..I swear it's way deeper than just eating shrooms..I think that the psilio is boosted by all the melatonin and other sleep hormones pumping thorugh the brain..thats when i would hear the voices..and I would usually be halfway asleap sort of, and would "come to" in the middle of the dialogue...once I came to with a vision of 3 pixie like beings singing over and over this message about how the time was now to create new mythologies and stories for the new generation of the human race..I understood from them that our myths and stories are what shape our culture, and that we could change our realities simply by being storytellers...it was really magical, one of the trips I instantly think of when I think of my happy trips.. Another time I was sleeping on the beach and had eaten only like a gram or so and fallen asleap, i awoke in a sleep paralysis sort of state tripping and listening to this horrible voice telling me really bad things..but it stopped as I woke up out of it..

I would like to think that the beings are actaully out there, but it's also possible they are just my own inner voices..either way they usually seem to have something of worth to say so I listen but never fully embrace them..not at first anyway.

With spice I have never heard voices yet..but I have seen beings. Ayahuasca one spoke directly to me, kind of a one liner..but she was more than a voice..she was a beautiful woman..and it never happened againCrying or very sad ..but I have wayyyy more mushroom experiences because I tripped more often back than, so my opinion may be a bit biased..I think there may be wayy more that spice has to offer when ingested..with the vine of course..I am kinda hoping that the voice phenomenon will manifest with bufo for me..I hear it's really good for auditory hullucinations and weird dreamlike scenes once one passes out.

edit..most of the mushroom trips I speak of were with psilocybe cyanescenes..
Long live the unwoke.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Darkbb
#22 Posted : 8/18/2009 2:24:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I could only imagine good things from a very strong shroom trip. As far as I have went into the shroom realm I've always felt a since of love and warmth. Except once I was at a party house while it was just a few people hanging out I got a really bad vibe and went to lay in the dark.

I guess if I ever dared to go on a deep voyage with mushrooms I would either do it at home on a very very very very happy day or do it with my friend (who has much more experience with shrooms than I have. He's the shroom guy I'm the spice guy Smile )

polytrip
#23 Posted : 8/18/2009 7:58:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I noticed that some people find shrooms to give much more aural hallucinations then DMT.
I have noticed this myself as well. It seems to have less psychological effects but slightly more effects on the senses than DMT.

Maybe shrooms could be placed somewhere in between bufotenin (of wich some people report that it's effect on the senses is superiour to that of DMT) and DMT.

69ron
#24 Posted : 8/18/2009 8:01:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has had contact with entities on Psilocybe azurescens. So yes it's possible.

Also SWIM can hear voices with mushrooms, but DMT almost never gives him this effect even as pharmahuasca/ayahuasca, and when it does it's faint. For SWIM, the most potent auditory hallucinogen is by far bufotenine.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

polytrip
#25 Posted : 8/18/2009 8:22:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
anyway, thus far the poll shows that shrooms are as enteogen, equal to DMT.

69ron
#26 Posted : 8/18/2009 8:53:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The dose just needs to be right.

The experience of Virola calophylla resin, snuffed or taken as a quid, is very much like a mushroom experience. It's main alkaloid is DMT.

I think mushrooms would have effects nearly identical to DMT if you could get the effect by inhalation as you can with DMT. The slowed down oral absorption rate of psilocin (4-HO-DMT) is mostly what accounts for the difference in effects, I believe. With DMT, if you take it sublingually or as a quid, in the form of Virola calophylla resin (plus 6% calcium hydroxide by weight), the experience is slowed down, the onset is much slower, the peak is longer, overall very mushroom like. It’s similar to the effects of Psilocybe azurescens, but you can still tell its DMT. Sublingual DMT has a certain feel to it that’s slightly different from oral psilocin. The body feel is a little different, softer, more tingly. There’s a “slippery” feeling to DMT that psilocin doesn’t have.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

endlessness
#27 Posted : 8/18/2009 9:09:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has had experience on mushrooms of the 'little beings/inner voices' as well, some good/funny and some negative. Also different sounds that reminded him of witchcraft, and typical 'hovering buzzing sounds' like matrix sentinels of another dimension inspecting one's soul, which he has also experienced on dmt (both smoked and oral)..

For some reason, whether it is the chemical resemblance or other factors, but the dimensions to which one goes with dmt and with mushroom seem to 'intersect' each other in some ways, as if those worlds are somehow connected. Coincidence or not, this is actually SWIM's favourite combo, smoking dmt during a mushroom trip. If one could give a number to different substances, then certainly the ratio between dmt and mushrooms would be a quite simple/peculiar/harmonic one Smile

This could all be ramblings of mad men but in any case its interesting Very happy

PREV12