We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678910NEXT»
chat endlessly reloading Options

HumbleVoyager
#141 Posted : 1/22/2018 1:58:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure if this is related, but every time I try to go to my Inbox I get an error message that says:
Quote:
There has been a serious error loading the forum. No further information is available.

Please contact the administrator if this message persists.

I'm somewhat new here so I didn't want to make a duplicate thread if this is related to the chat issue.

Cheers,
HV

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pinkoyd
#142 Posted : 1/22/2018 8:26:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Continuum wrote:
If ACY is correct and this is intentional, I would like to put in a word for getting STS back at least. I can say with certainty myself and a couple others over there would be happy to take on the financial, maintenance and/or ownership responsibilities if it is a project Trav is no longer wanting to be part of.

Count me in.
I already asked Alice.

Loveall
#143 Posted : 1/22/2018 8:44:40 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

For a loner like me, having the chat as a landing zone after a visit to hyperspace was very helpful. Especially so for the tougher trips: I would always find sympathy and understanding in the chat.

Hope it is back up soon. If there is anything we can do to help I'm in.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Spiralout
#144 Posted : 1/22/2018 8:58:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sharetheseeds has been up for a few hours Love

dreamer042
#145 Posted : 1/23/2018 4:17:18 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

STS status is up
The Nexian is up
Wiki subdomain is up

The major resources are live Thumbs up

Chat is, and probably will remain, down. At least for the foreseeable future.

Be sure to /join #DMT if you head over to tripsit, that one is our nexus home room for the time being. The #psychonaut room is also pretty in line with nexus values. Tripsit can be a bit finnicky with VPN's you need to register a username and connect with SASL. There is also a guide for connecting via TOR which is what I would recommend.

There is also another chat welcoming refugees at psychedlia.space. This site is in the process of getting SSL (HTTPS) protocol set up, so currently it's advisable to connect to this one with VPN or TOR as well.

Of course we are all hoping to see nexus chat go live again. Fingers crossed.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Muskogee Herbman
#146 Posted : 1/23/2018 5:23:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My site also has a chat space set up
https://midnightsuncoop.com/webchat/
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#147 Posted : 1/23/2018 10:39:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Adept1 wrote:
Which government agency do you think took down the chat and is reviewing the logs?
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=63426

I hope the Trav is safe and ok. Love He's appreciated for what he does.

Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

sauSage
#148 Posted : 1/24/2018 12:53:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Adept1 wrote:
Which government agency do you think took down the chat and is reviewing the logs?

Bureau of magic. Too many muggles have gotten in....
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

Spiralout
#149 Posted : 1/24/2018 3:33:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah we gotta be moar slick when we find that specific brick and tap it 3 tines.

...um, woops.

Ulim
#150 Posted : 1/24/2018 7:49:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uhh we should all agree to meet somewhere in the same spot because now we are basically split over 4 chat rooms. So which one you all agree to use?

dmusicaltrancistor
#151 Posted : 1/24/2018 8:07:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i find i have been in the #DMT room at tripsit for general "Hyperspace" esque chat and using the site musk posted for more enthnobotanical garden related chat

the psychedelia space room seems dead and i am not aware of the fourth chat you mention

so imo i think trips sit and midnightsun coop are the ones i vote for
Cubensis Mushroom Colonization Temps 75-80 F Cubensis Mushroom Fruiting Temps 68-74 F
https://ocw.mit.edu/reso...ques-manual-spring-2007/
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=36239
cyb wrote:
Xtals are just goo with fancy designer clothes on...
Big grin

Wolfnippletip
#152 Posted : 1/24/2018 8:22:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dmusicaltrancistor a couple of us are in the #nexpats room at tripsit chat
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Ulim
#153 Posted : 1/25/2018 1:12:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:
dmusicaltrancistor a couple of us are in the #nexpats room at tripsit chat

That room is dead afaik. Everyone left it and no one can join it anymore.

Adept1
#154 Posted : 1/25/2018 3:46:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why did my posts get deleted? What did it say?

Adept1
#155 Posted : 1/25/2018 3:50:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Adept1 wrote:
Why did my posts get deleted? What did it say?

oh, nevermind, I think I see it. opps, I was only kidding...

Running Bear
#156 Posted : 1/25/2018 7:42:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Baby Bonnie Hood wrote:
AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:
It has been said before that if the chat was not respected, it would be/ could be taken away. I don't think this is an accident, nor do i think it's working to be fixed (at this current time). Unfortunate for the people that have respected the nexus attitude...

We probably need to consider using tripsit.me or other chat programs for a while. Or... just use the forum. Maybe kikker needed a little break.

If that is the case then it's very unfortunate. I never really saw any problems with poor attitudes, despite being quite active in chat (but then, I am not a moderator).

I really like the chat - to me it's more important than the forum (strangely enough). I doubt that I will seek out other chats on other websites - or become more active in the forum. I fear that the most likely behavior in my case is that I'll slowly just stop visiting this place altogether Sad

Yeah i never see people talk about venders or anything on chat. In my opinion the chat is what makes the nexus special. Without chat it's going to feel like shroomery.org. I hope it gets fixed..

Spiralout
#157 Posted : 1/25/2018 11:03:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The nexus is nowhere near the same ballpark as shroomery.... Stop

Running Bear
#158 Posted : 1/25/2018 11:43:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spractral wrote:
The nexus is nowhere near the same ballpark as shroomery.... Stop

Yeah it's better than shroomery. I went a little overboard lol.

Psilosopher?
#159 Posted : 1/26/2018 5:32:01 AM

Don't Panic

Shroomery has a few nuggets of gold buried in an ocean of garbage. It's hard to fathom how sacred mushroom enthusiasts speak so callously and disrespectfully.

To the people who say that they never noticed a problem with the chat, there are a few.

1) Foul language: I love swearing. I'm pretty sure most Nexians swear like sailors. However, there is a difference between swearing in real life and swearing on an online medium. If i call my mate a "fuckin' dickhead" with a jovial grin on my face, that is completely different from saying the exact same thing through text form. Context is key. The perceived message and the intended message can differ vastly in the latter scenario. The internet dynamic is a totally different beast from face-to-face dialogue. Online, we have no face and no name. Only a pseudonym. Because of this impersonal nature, tempers can flare up. Especially since it takes time to type, so someone could be fuming at what was said, and then there's an explosion of text after a lengthy silence. This will be met with equal resistance and voracity, and can descend into a full blown internet argument. Communicate respectfully, and you will be respected.

The Hyperspace Chat is meant to be a trip friendly space. If people are speaking negatively, someone who is tripping could spiral out of control into a very dark place. There was that incident on another chatroom where someone killed themselves by OD'ing because other chatroom members egged him on. Be considerate of others.

Also bear in mind, English is not everyone's native tongue. In this case, intended message and perceived message can differ even more than the aforementioned example.

Swear words are remarkable. They carry a lot of weight. If one uses the word "fuck" as every second word, they are swinging a heavy weight around, and is bound to hit someone in the face. Excessive use also dilutes its meaning. If one uses a swear word when they usually don't, it means they chose it deliberately and carefully.

Another VERY important point. While i was at EGA, most people saw the Nexus as a hub of intellectuals and academics. The fact that legally sanctioned researchers often read the Nexus should speak for itself. So, when people speak in an immature and childish manner, it brings down the reputation of the Nexus. This place is called an "Entheogenic University" for a reason. That's why it say's "Respectful communication" in the Attitudes page. Which brings me to the next point...

2) The Attitudes page: This is not a software agreement, where everyone skips it and says "I agree". There is a reason why the Attitudes page exists.

Let me posit a scenario. A time traveller comes to the modern world from the distant past. They are in a car driven by a modern human. "Why do are you staying within the lines? You have all that space in front of you." The modern human could respond one of two ways. "It's the law" or "Because otherwise there would be a greater chance of collision at high speeds." Which one shows UNDERSTANDING and which one shows blind obedience?

With blind obedience, over time, people will start to question the rules, and eventually will voice their dissent. With understanding, the rules never have to be reiterated, since everyone implicitly knows its importance and significance.

I'm a staunch anti-authoritarian, so i hope my words have some gravitas. I'm kinda shocked that this post had to be written, since it seems people know the rules, but don't know the SPIRIT of the rules.

I'm probably missing a few points. This is the second time i've written this post, the first never even posted and disappeared. Damn phones. I rarely bother to re-write a post due to technical difficulties.

"The salons of Early Modern Revolutionary France played an integral role in the cultural and intellectual development of France. The salons were seen by contemporary writers as a cultural hub, responsible for the dissemination of good manners and sociability. It was not merely manners that the salons supposedly spread but also ideas, as the salons became a centre of intellectual as well as social exchange, playing host to many members of the Republic of Letters."
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

pitubo
#160 Posted : 1/26/2018 12:35:47 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Thumbs up for The Traveler for working hard behind the scenes, creating and hosting the dmt nexus for so many years already.

His spending of time, money and efforts on this site has been providing us with a safe and constructive place for information and discussions with generally such a high standard.

Much appreciated! Thumbs up + Love + Thumbs up

«PREV678910NEXT»