We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
p. Arundinacea extraction Q? Options

jamie
#21 Posted : 8/30/2009 1:38:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

neuro_rocket wrote:
When SWIM tried this he boiled 5 ounces of grass in pH 4 water, and evapped his acidic water, which left him with a goo that quickly became rock hard.

He chipped at it with a razor and dissolved most of it in water, no fats precipitated so SWIM basified to pH 11 and a ton of floating precipitate formed (note that the precipitate refused to settle, but formed a heavily saturated layer on top of the sol't).

SWIM planned to evaporate the precipitate saturated layer and test for activity, but SWIM is clumsy and he knocked over the bottle (ARGHHH!). He's going to try the next time he has a chance to get the grass.

SWIM believes that the step where the acidic water is evaporated is unnecessary and time consuming so he's not going to do it next time.

..I did the same thing with a chaliponga extraction last night...I was defatting an iso extraction with naptha..and I thought I hade put the lid on...but it wasnt screwed on..and I went to shake it one last time and it went all over the place..including meMad
Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

PREV12