We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Pre-Flight Anxiety Options

dimensional ONE
#21 Posted : 8/26/2014 8:20:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the benzo tip. It is very much a very good decision to go in clear minded. I find that if i smoke the ganj before i journey into hyperspace that i dont remember as much. I dont know the effects of benzo, but i really do enjoy remembering most of what happens lol.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

expandaneum
#22 Posted : 8/27/2014 12:30:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

remembering on Valium for me is the same as without, but then again i remember my trips very well, also Im not sure if i need more dmt to breakthrough since i usually don't measure.(my gut tells me i do maybe add 5 mg extra on a 22mg dose).

Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

dimensional ONE
#23 Posted : 8/27/2014 12:46:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im definitely going to try a benzo nstead of ganja. I just feel it helps with the over all setting and preflight anxiety. A huge downfall is i feel i dont remember no where near what i would have if i wouldnt have smoked lol.

Siera
#24 Posted : 8/27/2014 1:16:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim totally disagrees (from experience). Benzodiazepines mixed with DMT can be horrifying.

If you are having pre-flight jitters, consider your current bodily state. "Have I taken ANYTHING recently?" "When was the last time I drank an alchoholic beverage?"

Let me make a different tip. (For close to 10 months Swim had the jitters).

Plain and simply put:

It's plain old anxiety. Similar to stage freight, it's the jitters.

Looking back on the distressing 10 months SWIM struggled with this debilitating beast, one could recall the good and bad trips. And with that being said its still 70% more likely to have a quote on quote 'good trip' DESPITE the jitters...

....swim learned that her scary and disturbing trips happened due mainly because of underlying anxiety.

Swim realized that on occasions when no pre-flight jitters were present at all; she enjoyed the experience much more.....and also had more fun with the visuals.

Smoke spice while having the jitters is just like taking any psychedelic when you're anxious; it's not exactly the most desirable and sought after trip. But instead may result in a visually uninspiring freak out trip. Swim never has experienced this otherwise.

Do you also feel a bit cold along with the jitters, as you put it?

If so, you're simply anxious. Swims best trips all around are when little to no jitters are negatively weighing down her body and mind. And spirit.

Anxiety unfortunately does all of these.

What's your method of smoking? What pipe are you using? Why are you so anxious?

Because for 10 months straight swim dealt with this horrible problem...and nothing fixed it...looking back it may be wise to wait until you don't have the jitters. Swim would never suggest smoking while anxious. Yeah hyperspace still happens, but it doesn't really have as much 'ecstasy' to it. It might take on a darker, more sinister, and more cold form.

It's up to you, but swim would suggest waiting until one no longer feels the pre-flight jitters.....and then explore from there. Swim learned the hard way.

dimensional ONE
#25 Posted : 8/27/2014 4:09:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh...i dont know if you read the whole thread, but like i said earlier. I have learned to love the anxiety. Its a thrill and im fairly sure that i like it being that way. If its too horrid i will just smoke a blunt or wait till the next night, but thats only happened on a couple of occasions. I positively have never had a bad trip on anything except a deep deep mushie trip. Other than that never. It always come out good because i have pretty much perfected that art of letting go that is required. Like getting on a roller coaster u havent been on in a while and gettin butterflies, even tho u no everything will be alright. With that said, ayahuasca and smoke dmt are my all time favorite out of any of them. Musshie next followed close by mescaline. Drool

edit: i use a homemade machine and no i dont feel cold, but i no its anxiety. I used to jump out of planes. I know that feeling well. Smile

tonyx3
#26 Posted : 8/27/2014 10:06:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DimensionalOne: Do you think overcoming DMT pre flight jitters can help you overcome other jitters in real life such as jumping out of a plane? The reason I ask is because the day after one of my first stronger trips, I went to a pool and did a massive backflip into a pool (which I haven't done in 10 years). I usually go to try it, get anxious and chicken out. But this time I just walked up and nailed it calmly without hesitation. But not in a careless way... more of a feeling like "I can see myself do it and am 100% confident, no fear, so I'll just do it". Have you ever experienced something similar after using DMT?

dimensional ONE
#27 Posted : 8/27/2014 1:35:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol actually I have. I actually was bungee jumping about 2 mos ago. This I always get nervous on and slight hesitation is observed. However I found muyself remembering a lesson that spice had taught me, its ok to let go... with usual hesitation around 1 min..I literally had already made my mind up after I was strapped in and just walked off lol, no hesitation, also had a similiar experience jumping off a 70 ft rock into water..just jumped..

tonyx3
#28 Posted : 8/27/2014 6:22:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dimensional ONE wrote:
Lol actually I have. I actually was bungee jumping about 2 mos ago. This I always get nervous on and slight hesitation is observed. However I found muyself remembering a lesson that spice had taught me, its ok to let go... with usual hesitation around 1 min..I literally had already made my mind up after I was strapped in and just walked off lol, no hesitation, also had a similiar experience jumping off a 70 ft rock into water..just jumped..

AWESOME!!!!!

dimensional ONE
#29 Posted : 8/27/2014 8:45:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed bro...the spice has taught me many things

Hypernoid
#30 Posted : 8/27/2014 9:19:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IM curious what variation of spice your smoking. This may be just me, but when I smoke the white crystals I get dropkicked straight into the nether with so abruptly that it can be a bit too much, therefore giving me major anxiety and fear before the next session. It feels like im about to bungee jump for the first time. im happy to do it, and i know im going to do it, but im scared shitless at the same time.

Then I smoked the acacia goo. DMT/NMT mix seems to give me a very relaxing body buzz and a calming feeling almost equal to that of a valium. It sends me into my journey very peacefully, im glide right int, and there is absolutely no fear/anxiety accompanying the session, both pre and post. This may be all in my head, but for me it has totally taken away that feeling before I smoke. I also break through more often smoking the goo, maybe because I am not afraid to take those big healthy hits I require to get there, or maybe the mix just works better for me.

EIther way, if this is something you are trying to solve so that you can enjoy your experimentation better, than maybe it willl work for you the same as it did for me. I am pretty new to this, and have only done 2 extraction, but i believe there is something to the NMT that helps quell the fear. I have, however, had several sessions and tried both crystal and goo several times. I have gone back and forth quite a few times and honestly, I only like smoking the gooey stuff. I leave the crystals to my roomate and her friends, they seem to enjoy the pre flight jitters.

I hope this helps, and if there is anyone out there that reads this and has had the same experience, I would appreciate any knowledge that would explain why this works so well for me. Im hoping it's not just all in my head, because if i learn that maybe the jitters will return.....

....and i'd rather keep my time spent on the other side anxiety free!

Thanks for your post, and thanks for any input on the difference, if anyk, between the two.

cheers!

`H.N.

dimensional ONE
#31 Posted : 8/27/2014 9:41:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks bro. I have tried the goo or jungle spice a couple of times. The thing with that to me is.when.I.smoked it , I couldnt see anything but a rapid flashing white light, all 3 times. My anxiety was even higher cuz I didnt know what the heck I was seeing as it was new anf forced my eyes to stay.open. I only smoke nndmt the fluffy white stuff and drink dmt with rue or harmalas. I dont think ill ever try that jungle stuff again. All around a weird trip all 3 times.

brainforest
#32 Posted : 8/27/2014 11:24:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great thread guys,

I've smoked the spice and broken through on a plethora of occasions. Each time I've gone to the same realm, and it's been mind blowing.

I always end up in a very McKenna esc elf world.

However I've just completed my first successful extraction, I've got the machine all loaded and ready to go.

However every I'm subtly hesitant to blast off.

I feel like one reason for this is that I'm almost forcing myself to do it, I'm wondering whether or not to just save it until the moment spontaneously takes me. You know, that feeling you get after watching a really good Ayahuasca documentary or something.

Anyway,

Nice thread.

Cheers
"Better safe than sectioned."

dimensional ONE
#33 Posted : 8/27/2014 11:37:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel u bro. However I try not to think about it or just wait till im calm n then hurry n blast of. I found it doesnt matter if the moment is spontaneous or planned. My anxiety is always there.

brainforest
#34 Posted : 8/28/2014 12:23:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dimensional ONE wrote:
I feel u bro. However I try not to think about it or just wait till im calm n then hurry n blast of. I found it doesnt matter if the moment is spontaneous or planned. My anxiety is always there.

Dimensional one

Well bro,

I just followed your advice and blasted off. To probably the single most insane/mind blowing experiences of my entire life.

Same realm, same entities. Just about a trillion times more extreme than ever before.

It went from fun to dark, then back again.

My girlfriend was in bed next to me, when I could finally speak English again I asked her long it had been, 10 mins. It was still going unbelievably strong.

At this point some very dark (by human standards) entities came to me. Trying to either scare or seduce me. I wasn't frightened, just discruntled that I would have to spend my next few mins locked in a stalemate with them.

As I said, I always come to this same realm, same entities. I wish I could converse with them.

The overall experience was by no means negative. Just an extremely real manifestation of hyperspace, I was physically interacting with them at certain points.

After around twelve mins I genuinally began to worry that it wouldn't wear off, but as you can deduce, it did.

Oh well, a successful first extraction.

Cheers
But anyway, I don't think the dark

Hypernoid
#35 Posted : 8/28/2014 12:24:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dimensional ONE wrote:
Thanks bro. I have tried the goo or jungle spice a couple of times. The thing with that to me is.when.I.smoked it , I couldnt see anything but a rapid flashing white light, all 3 times. My anxiety was even higher cuz I didnt know what the heck I was seeing as it was new anf forced my eyes to stay.open. I only smoke nndmt the fluffy white stuff and drink dmt with rue or harmalas. I dont think ill ever try that jungle stuff again. All around a weird trip all 3 times.

thats interesting. I feel the same way, but the other way around.
well, good luck, i hope you find a way to lessen the stress. The benzo thing may work. In my opinion, the best benzos for anxiety.'/derpression are clonopin and atavin. Both of these seem a bit weaker on the buzz side than V's or X's but they are way more effective than the aforementioned. I am sure, however, that any of them would work fairly well for what your after. Also, i have a friend that will only eat mushrooms or LSD if he has a few percocets. he doesnt normally do opiates at all, but he claims that the pain killer buzz completely annihilates the fear and anxiety that he normally gets when he takes psychadelics.

brainforest
#36 Posted : 8/28/2014 12:27:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The fairy/elf realm I always go to-they just seem to live a life of debauchary. Always partying and being promiscuous.

In some ways I wonder whether this is a reflection of myself, which may have been the case years ago but not now.

If it is a reflection of my own mind then it lends the question as to whether these entities are real or not. Which I am 99.999999999% certain of after that experience.

dimensional ONE
#37 Posted : 8/28/2014 12:35:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

brainforest wrote:
The fairy/elf realm I always go to-they just seem to live a life of debauchary. Always partying and being promiscuous.

Lol...I wanna go there n hang out for a bit. I have never encounterex those. But im glad u took the advice...its always more fun just to dive in.

Nadja
#38 Posted : 9/8/2014 12:42:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A long time ago, I used to have pre-flight anxiety (fear) too, but I analyzed why I had those feelings. I managed to find the cause, and my pre-flight anxiety ended completely after I made two decisions:

1. Ending "Fear of entering": I am at peace with dying and never returning to Earth.
2. Ending "Fear of exploring": No matter what happens, I will follow the rabbit hole to see where it leads.

I don't know if this is a lot to demand of people, but for me it came easily, and it ended all fear. When you no longer fear dying or going too far, then you are ready to throw yourself in headfirst and explore without holding back. You are ready to fly and let the experience envelop you completely.

Marty McFly
#39 Posted : 9/8/2014 5:07:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm gonna have to look into jungle spice, it sounds interesting.

PREV12