We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Headache from spice? Options

obliguhl
#41 Posted : 10/30/2009 6:55:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
SWIM also gets headaches after smoking spice. What smoking method are you using, have you tried a waterbong? Are you smoking it with any kind of herb, maybe MJ? Do you get these kinds of headaches without smoking DMT, like with just the herb?

I don't smoke dmt, but my peruvian friend does. He's a little old fashioned, lives in a rural village, so I'm speaking for him ...he sends me letters and I create Topics.

Well, he says, that he smokes it using a waterbong and a vaporstar vaporizer. Sleep also seems to increase the headaches... it's not just incredibly painful, it also destroys a part of the extended afterglow.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jacetea
#42 Posted : 10/30/2009 8:47:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I don't smoke dmt, but my peruvian friend does. He's a little old fashioned, lives in a rural village, so I'm speaking for him ...he sends me letters and I create Topics.
SWIM is simply assuming you are copy + pasting this directly to your friend.

Really? 10-12 cups of water? SWIM would have to force-feed himself to get that much in.

Now do you mean cups as in the measurement, or cups as in a "glass of water". He can fit probably 2-3 cups of water into his drinking glass. Either way it won't matter, he is working to stop caffeine intake and just have a mug-full in the morning.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

Mister_Niles
#43 Posted : 1/29/2011 9:37:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So the last few times I have smoked changa, I get a headache. I thought it was the caapi. Today, I tested my new GVG for the first time. I'm in the midst of a re-x, and the only spice I had available was, what I call, "dried egg yolk crystals". A heptane re-x from goop leftover after a xylene evap from an exhausted batch of MHRB solution. 23mg provided a wonderful sub breakthrough experience over about 1/2 an hour (damn that GVG is efficient). I basked in the afterglow for awhile and when it was over, my customary, dull, throbbing, post trip headache was there. Not as bad as the last time (smoking changa in a bong) but still there. I need to figure out what is causing these headaches. Is it dirty spice or something else.

Here are some details:
I have high blood pressure, which is controlled well with 100 mg of lortosan (cozaar) daily
I have 2 cups of coffee daily (in the a.m.) (last coffee at 8, tripped at 2)
I drank a lot of water before my voyage.
I also take between 2.5 and 5 mg of diazepam at bedtime, as a muscle relaxant. I plan to start tapering from that soon. My back is feeling pretty good lately , so it's probably time to stop it.
I haven't smoked cannabis for over a month.
I haven't smoked cigarettes for over a month.

(dmt is awesome. it makes me want to NOT take drugs. Even dmt!)

So, tomorrow, I'll have half of my coffee, and try to wean off over the next week. I recently heard something on ABC (Australian Broadcasting) about caffeine not being a true stimulant. This guy was saying that caffeine addicts aren't being stimulated by their morning coffee, they are just stopping their withdrawal symptoms and getting back to normal. I thought that was interesting. This is a good reason to take a break from coffee. Let's see if it stops my dmt related headaches.

Tonight I will try some snow white spice from todays re-x, and see if I get a headache from that.
Later this week, I'll make some 1:1 changa with white spice and caapi. I'll try that and see what happens.

Next comes dietary restrictions.

Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

SHroomtroll
#44 Posted : 1/30/2011 9:15:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
obliguhl wrote:
I only get very minor effects from coffee.

You might want to try a different brand.

Not all coffee is equal. There are some types of coffee that I cannot stand at all with horrible effects, making me twitchy and burnt out. Yuck.

My favorite is Folgers INSTANT coffee. This produces the cleanest most euphoric caffeine high of all the coffees I have tried. I’ve tried hundreds of different kinds of coffee. Starbuck's is one of the worst there is. Something about how Folgers instant coffee is extracted alters it making it a superior product. It doesn’t give you that caffeine burnout effect that most other coffees give you even when a lot is had. There’s also another brand I like. I forget what it’s called though. It’s an instant espresso.

I stopped brewing my own coffee. The taste is better but the effects are worse. Home brewed coffee is just not as nice as instant. It has a different ratio of alkaloids in it. It’s the different ratio of alkaloids that make the difference between a cup of coffee that makes you feel wonderful, and a cup of coffee that makes you twitchy and feel like crap.

Hawaiian grown coffee is the WORST in effects, but the best tasting.

This is interesting since ive been thinking about switching to instant, i like the effects and taste of really strong brew cofee in the morning, but later in the day i prefer to do latte´s with instant since after 3cups of brew i start to feel twitchy.

SHroomtroll
#45 Posted : 1/30/2011 9:24:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
4-5 cups of water is not that much when you drink coffee..my doctor told me 10-12 cups of water a day if I drink caffine.

1L per 1000calories per day is a decent ratio.

If you eat less than 2000kcals you should still get at least 2litres of water.

Mister_Niles
#46 Posted : 2/4/2011 12:15:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, back to my headaches for a second. I think I'm super sensitive to the slightest yellow in my spice. I finally managed to re-x some pure white crystals and tested them in my GVG. No headache! I was a tiny bit muzzy for the rest of the day, so maybe there was some yellow in there.
This experience made me recall something. In the past I've tasted spice, which ha all been slightly yellow. Just the tiniest amount, and... headache. Mild, but definitely there. A day after smoking my hard won pure white spice ( I really need to figure out the glass shard re-x, I can't even get my spice to melt right!) I tasted some of it. No headache.

That's my story. Any ideas? Why am I so sensitive to the yellow? Anyone else experience this?

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

endlessness
#47 Posted : 2/4/2011 1:26:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe you have alergy/sensitivity to some plant oils?

Maybe its self-suggestion and in a blind test you couldnt tell?

Maybe in the plant oils/yellow more solvent is trapped and therefore you vaporize some petrochemicals which can give headaches (in this case try to redissolve the yellow in a less toxic solvent like pure acetone or ethanol or IPA and re-evap again to see if headache persists)?

obliguhl
#48 Posted : 3/16/2011 8:51:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Makes me want to try again with carefully rextalized spice. I also would love to know if i always used the VG in the past and if it was before or after the day, i accidentally forgot it in the cloth washer. I havn't used the VG for several months, but tried to taste it yesterday. Tasted like ...washing powder. So there might be residues left inside the pipe. There is also burnt caapi and various yellow spices in there...so a pretty nice mix of curious stuff. I wonder if that played into the situation.

Fact is, in the beginning i would never have a headache. So maybe it's the spice, maybe circumstances have changed.

Swarupa
#49 Posted : 3/17/2011 9:23:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

After DMT i get a slight pressure in my head that i find vaping a bit of cannabis and/or meditation helps to relieve.

I also get this from mushrooms, the next day i am mostly very clear but at the 24 hour mark my head can feel a bit dense, i just take it all as part of the experience.

I've also found that drinking water, eating food, and meditation can help clear the headache, it seems as if when i think about & focus on the internal head pressure it gets much worse, but if i take focus away from it then it disappears. So i think it's more of a post trip mental/psychological type situation rather than something physical being screwed in your head from smoking DMT. That's only my opinion though & im only going off the fact that when i think about it the headache gets worse but when i stop thoughts then the headache stops, so it seems thought based which isn't something physical.

obliguhl
#50 Posted : 3/17/2011 10:41:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, this isn't about the slight headpressure you can get from mushrooms. It's about pain so strong you have a hard time to even MOVE before taking several painkillers.

mattritt
#51 Posted : 3/17/2011 5:38:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister_Niles wrote:

So the last few times I have smoked changa, I get a headache. I thought it was the caapi. Today, I tested my new GVG for the first time. I'm in the midst of a re-x, and the only spice I had available was, what I call, "dried egg yolk crystals". A heptane re-x from goop leftover after a xylene evap from an exhausted batch of MHRB solution. 23mg provided a wonderful sub breakthrough experience over about 1/2 an hour (damn that GVG is efficient). I basked in the afterglow for awhile and when it was over, my customary, dull, throbbing, post trip headache was there. Not as bad as the last time (smoking changa in a bong) but still there. I need to figure out what is causing these headaches. Is it dirty spice or something else.

Here are some details:
I have high blood pressure, which is controlled well with 100 mg of lortosan (cozaar) daily
I also take between 2.5 and 5 mg of diazepam at bedtime, as a muscle relaxant. I plan to start tapering from that soon. My back is feeling pretty good lately , so it's probably time to stop it.

So, tomorrow, I'll have half of my coffee, and try to wean off over the next week. I recently heard something on ABC (Australian Broadcasting) about caffeine not being a true stimulant. This guy was saying that caffeine addicts aren't being stimulated by their morning coffee, they are just stopping their withdrawal symptoms and getting back to normal. I thought that was interesting. This is a good reason to take a break from coffee. Let's see if it stops my dmt related headaches.

Tonight I will try some snow white spice from todays re-x, and see if I get a headache from that.
Later this week, I'll make some 1:1 changa with white spice and caapi. I'll try that and see what happens.

^^^Well here's your problem!! Razz
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

Mister_Niles
#52 Posted : 3/17/2011 8:57:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattritt wrote:
Mister_Niles wrote:

Here are some details:

^^^Well here's your problem!! Razz

Which part?

- Art Van D'lay

mattritt
#53 Posted : 3/18/2011 7:03:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...uhhhh...the highlighted part?...See what I mean.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

Swarupa
#54 Posted : 3/18/2011 8:25:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Well, this isn't about the slight headpressure you can get from mushrooms. It's about pain so strong you have a hard time to even MOVE before taking several painkillers.

If i had pain that bad i simply wouldn't smoke DMT.

After the second time i smoked DMT with a friend he got a splitting headache that he had to take painkillers for, he told me & i immediately stopped letting him smoke the DMT i extracted.

obliguhl
#55 Posted : 3/18/2011 9:37:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually stopped almost a year ago. The pain surely was a contributing factor. I just wonder why this problem developed an wasnt there the first dozen times...

yaxar
#56 Posted : 3/19/2011 7:44:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just recently I have experienced headaches, morning after the trip. First I thought my extraction had some left over LYE, but that wasn't the case.
I am certain it has something to do with the increased amount of caffeine, high blood pressure and a newly vitalized 'sphongled' state of mind. Since my younger brother was successfully breaking through with the same product.
The spice doesn't talk to me anymore either. Realized that the memory of spice is nuff to know what i wanna know.
Taym to Integrate! Cool
Respects!
Observing in Silence!

-------------Everything posted by this user are the insane ramblings of an itch that is in the deepest oceans and highest skies. The author holds no responsibility for any content published.-------------

http://toomanybloggersontheweb.blogspot.com/

PREV123