We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
[THE NEXIAN] Issue 2 is finished and ready to download! Options

The Day Tripper
#21 Posted : 8/5/2014 1:44:54 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Fantastic work. Thumbs up

Really enjoyed seeing this project come to fruition and the first two publications.

Thanks to all involved and I'm looking forward to more issues in the future.

IMHO one of the pinnacle accomplishments the nexus has achieved over the years, not to mention a great way to introduce people to the community before they visit the forums.

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

hardboiled
#22 Posted : 8/5/2014 4:52:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Nexus working ˝ants˝Wink for taking your private time to work on stuff that spreads information about entheogens, their use, effects, research etc.
Waited for second to drop as soon as i read the first volume.
Gonna spread download link to people in my life that need some good read from ˝hippy folks on drugs˝Big grin

Seriously, good job folks.Thumbs up
˝What you are is this deep deep thing...and you love to play.˝ - ?

darklordsson
#23 Posted : 8/5/2014 6:13:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everybody! Loving the great reads! Much appreciation and love guys! Thanks for the effort! Its all very interesting!Thumbs up

---dls---

yamma1
#24 Posted : 8/5/2014 6:40:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fantastic. really looking forward to future editions. Smile
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”

Terrence Mckenna

spinCycle
#25 Posted : 8/5/2014 7:42:07 PM

Life is Art is Life

Thanks to everyone who made this happen. Really looking forward to reading this.
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

DreaMTripper
#26 Posted : 8/6/2014 6:28:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

O yeahh!! Thanks very much to all who made it happen I look forward to reading this later! Smile

Ryusaki
#27 Posted : 8/6/2014 2:08:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Finding my images in the Nexus magazine (again) Thumbs up

Thanks for propagating my stuff.

DreaMTripper
#28 Posted : 8/7/2014 9:00:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So Ive read a great deal of this issue and it was a very interesting enjoyable read with some amazing artwork, insights and interviews.
The thing that stands out the most are Dr Strassmans ignorant comments regarding Underground research and non government sanctioned research. He has so many good ideas that I am sure resonate with many of us so its even more mind boggling to see he has such a filtered view of the DMT phenomenon as a whole. I had to read it twice as I couldnt believe what I had just read.
The other article that of course naturally stands out is David Nickles' 'Perspectives on the Necessity of Underground Research'
An articulate, passionate and thorough summary of why underground research is important and what it has revealed so far.
Maybe we should have a discussion thread for each issue in the Open Discussion section?

Endurance
#29 Posted : 8/7/2014 9:53:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:

The thing that stands out the most are Dr Strassmans ignorant comments regarding Underground research and non government sanctioned research.?

I'm not sure if ignorant would be the correct word to use here, but you are entitled to your own opinion. I think Dr. Strassman does, perhaps indirectly, touch on some critical issues that would make for interesting points of dicussion.

"I have a feeling that my definition of research may differ from those who describe their use of psychedelics as occurring within a research model. I was trained in clinical research in an academic setting and one defines research using certain criteria, including double-blind placebo-controlled experiments, specific hypotheses based on previous research in animals and humans, quantifiable data, rigorous statistical analyses of those data, and so on."

If one was to concentrate on the essential qualities of the above quote it would be the need for standard. The structures that are in place (ie: an appropriate review panel) for publishable material are often not rigidly set for underground research.

From this thread

benzyme wrote:

if validated methods/machines and controls are used, along with citations to other studies, it absolutely is pure science. you don't need a Political Hierarchy Degree nor goverment funding.

Again, the need for standards and protocols.

In my opinion, good (and more often, bad ones) articles will generate discussion. A thread that facilitates critical engagement with the articles contained in the Nexian would be a fantastic idea.

DreaMTripper
#30 Posted : 8/7/2014 11:39:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They are valid points however I want referring to that part I should explain my post further as I believe my use of the word ignorant is justified.
I was referring to the part where he generalised regarding what goes on under the radar.
He laid out his thoughts very clearly regarding the underground culture when he said
Quote:
perhaps what "underground researchers" are undertaking is more acurately described as "self-experimentation" in the tradition of "who goes first?". In addition, a lot of what passes for underground research is the pursuit of pleasure as well as a self-understanding through chemically enhanced introspection. I would not describe either of these as "research".

The latter part not in bold imo is true some activities performed do not adhere to stringent control measures however it is the part in bold that I believe demonstrates a lack of awareness.

If he did know of the phytochemical and plant/substance analysis work that has been done off the grid then he dismisses it completely or has no knowledge of it, either demonstrates ignorance by the very defininiton of the word.

http://dictionary.refere...e/ignorant?linkid=fp2lgd
'2 lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. uninformed; unaware'

universecannon
#31 Posted : 8/7/2014 12:36:14 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Yeah it was sad to read that as he clearly isn't aware of what goes on here, or perhaps just dismisses it (and seems to have an unrealistically narrow definition of research, even within science itself). Maybe when we give him a heads up that the e-zine has been published we'll mention that he should check out snozz's article, since this can help outline what research has been done here.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Endurance
#32 Posted : 8/11/2014 8:49:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for clarifying DreaMTripper. Your post did get me thinking about the whole reading-writing dichotomy. The attached image briefly outlines some structural framework for reading. (Often I have to remind myself that what I think I am reading might not be what was written at all)

Given that we aren't empty receptacles, it's possible that we both read the same piece "differently". I get what your saying and appreciate the explanation as it raises another issue regarding the research discourse. Trying to avoid being ignorant and familiarizing oneself with recent research is often tricky, even in the sphere of published academic studies. Accessing un-published, underground research (before even trying to evaluate the integrity of the material) is one of the issues that could be taken up for further discussion.

Endurance attached the following image(s):
How_to_read.png (61kb) downloaded 128 time(s).

Orion
#33 Posted : 8/11/2014 11:59:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome sauce, an effort deserving of 30 grams of legitamine HCL to share out with everyone involved.

A minor thing though: can't seem to access the site at the time of writing this. I think a few may have mentioned it before.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Purges
#34 Posted : 8/12/2014 12:36:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loved it! Looking forward to the next installation Cool
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Bancopuma
#35 Posted : 8/20/2014 10:54:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you to all Nexians who have worked hard to make this happen, this is excellent and I'm proud of y'all! Thumbs up

Rising Spirit
#36 Posted : 8/22/2014 5:21:14 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Me too! I tip my hat to the beautiful sincerity showed by all the great folks involved. Kudos, good people. Thumbs up

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Elpo
#37 Posted : 8/22/2014 10:10:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the 2nd issue!
Really well done again!

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

PREV12