We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
ACRB TEK 100g "PICS" (Newbie Friendly) Options

Earthwalker
#21 Posted : 8/9/2014 10:53:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tgun wrote:
I think Ill try defating your way this time. Ive done mini a/b before but it seems I lost a lot. It seems slightly wasteful on Naphtha but i understand the six pulls from the start assuming you would do six pulls normally to try and get all the goodies. I wonder if there are any goodies in the defat step? Evaporate and use as a changa/pharma type material?

I've tried evaporating the defat naps with no result except a load of plants oils , fats that's clear inactive goop and I also have tried pre-evaping it then freeze precipe with also nothing left behind !

So it's quite effective at getting all the alkaloids !
And it's easy as it sounds , don't forget to post you're results !

Good luck !!Thumbs up

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

explorer7
#22 Posted : 8/9/2014 11:10:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker, this is brilliant mate!
Work of art.

Have you experimented with getting nice yellow crystals (no defat)?
would be great to see your pics of these
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

Earthwalker
#23 Posted : 8/9/2014 11:49:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

explorer7 wrote:
Earthwalker, this is brilliant mate!
Work of art.

Have you experimented with getting nice yellow crystals (no defat)?
would be great to see your pics of these

Yeah but I'm waiting on my macro lens , I have a few but there not good quality, but the main reason I'm pushing for ppl to do the defat is the amount is night and day !
below is a large round acacia snow globe

The next two are without a defat or ( mini ab )

And these ones are with a defat

tgun
#24 Posted : 8/10/2014 3:05:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its in the freezer now. Will post later. I saved the fats ect. And soup just in case, though it should work well. Ive had pretty good luck with Cybs teks. I think I will evap fats anyways even if its only to dispose of the naptha. Previously only the first two pulls got crystals and some clear oils and then yellow to orange goo 3-6 pulls. I had good yields untill re-x but then lost 1/2 to 2/3rds which is unaceptable. Could be bark issues though but the goo was very active, just hard to work with.

darellmatt
#25 Posted : 8/10/2014 11:36:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent information and instruction.
Your post should be added to the tek wiki, IMHO.

Earthwalker
#26 Posted : 8/11/2014 3:08:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tgun wrote:
Previously only the first two pulls got crystals and some clear oils and then yellow to orange goo 3-6 pulls. I had good yields untill re-x but then lost 1/2 to 2/3rds which is unaceptable. Could be bark issues though but the goo was very active, just hard to work with.

This is the beauty of combining all the pulls then defating , you will notice a considerable differance IMO it's night and day and no reX needed !!Big grin

explorer7
#27 Posted : 8/11/2014 1:34:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Walker,

Is it possible to defat and still get some of the yellow?
How would you go about doing this?

Many people claim that the yellow DMT gives another completely experience
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

Orion
#28 Posted : 8/11/2014 2:26:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice yield! Once again we see the value of the mini A/B, preach! It's the bee's knees for clean DMTees.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

tgun
#29 Posted : 8/11/2014 8:22:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not the easiest to see being a white pan but it looks good. There are still tinges of yellow oil, thats ok, but mostly pure white. It has been drained of naptha and is back in the freezer to evap scent (with freezer fan) of naptha before I expose it to warm air and fan dry if needed. From 250g of ACRB divided into two quart jars for the extraction. May still be some in the base but it is here so I can pull again. It was quite easy to do, wow just realized I only did 3 pulls per jar. oops. Was thinking 6 pulls on 2 jars total. Be back with pic once I figure it out here.
tgun attached the following image(s):
d.jpg (272kb) downloaded 2,570 time(s).

Earthwalker
#30 Posted : 8/11/2014 10:10:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tgun wrote:
Not the easiest to see being a white pan but it looks good. There are still tinges of yellow oil, thats ok, but mostly pure white. It has been drained of naptha and is back in the freezer to evap scent (with freezer fan) of naptha before I expose it to warm air and fan dry if needed. From 250g of ACRB divided into two quart jars for the extraction. May still be some in the base but it is here so I can pull again. It was quite easy to do, wow just realized I only did 3 pulls per jar. oops. Was thinking 6 pulls on 2 jars total. Be back with pic once I figure it out here.

Bloody great result tgun , I'm pleased to see it produced nice white fluffy goodness , and yes it is as easy as it sounds , well done mate Thumbs up

@ explorer7 if you want some yellow just don't defat all the pulls , but be sure to keep them separate for the freeze precipe !!

Shadowlord
#31 Posted : 8/17/2014 12:02:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent work.
Working on this same extraction doing as much reading as I can on ACRB.
Glad I saw this one.

Earthwalker
#32 Posted : 8/17/2014 10:03:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shadowlord wrote:
Excellent work.
Working on this same extraction doing as much reading as I can on ACRB.
Glad I saw this one.

Give it a whirl Shadowlord ! You're a long time member 2008 ! Maybe you can give some positive input ! Thumbs up

Shadowlord
#33 Posted : 8/17/2014 8:39:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Will chime in with pics and a recap. Luckily I've dealt with all kinds of active oils etc with a lot of the mhrb I've come across. Some full of crystals and later oils and goos and some which has been weak and mostly yielding oils.
Nowhere near as much experience as many here, but won't be my first rodeo. Have all my simmers done and collected and more or less reduced. Only need to decide if I want to do a preliminary defeat or just do the acidic conversions and re-basify.
Either way this is like previous A/B work with a quick re A/B on the end.
Wish me luck....

Earthwalker
#34 Posted : 8/21/2014 12:43:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shadowlord wrote:
Will chime in with pics and a recap. Luckily I've dealt with all kinds of active oils etc with a lot of the mhrb I've come across. Some full of crystals and later oils and goos and some which has been weak and mostly yielding oils.
Nowhere near as much experience as many here, but won't be my first rodeo. Have all my simmers done and collected and more or less reduced. Only need to decide if I want to do a preliminary defeat or just do the acidic conversions and re-basify.
Either way this is like previous A/B work with a quick re A/B on the end.
Wish me luck....

How did you go with you're extraction Shadowlord ??

Also I've had another successful extraction again , I've got this nailed down , but the bark is just beautiful and very high in alkaloids ! Wil post weights and yeilds when scrapping is complete !!

Edit;; the weight for the six pulls was 1.72 grams I'm wrapped with this !!

Shadowlord
#35 Posted : 8/21/2014 1:55:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very Nice Earthwalker!
Still waiting on the results for mine. Haven't found time to do the solvent pulls as of yet. Still just have the reduced acidic pulls sitting awaiting the basification and solvent.
Updates to come in my thread.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#36 Posted : 8/28/2014 10:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Nice write up! I'm going to give the mini a/b a shot.

I got to thinking: an individual could save all the solvent that contains the oils and fats and do a few sodium carbonate washes and reuse the solvent. ... right?

The solvent that I use is getting harder to find (bestine). I like it because it seems to give me monster pulls with out a lot of oils, but my end results are usually yellow - not that it seems to matter...

So, if we save, wash and reuse the oily solvent for the initial pulls, and fresh, or cleaned, solvent for the second pulls, we could reduce the amount of waste solvent.... I think. Smile

I'll try it and report back
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

waitwhatwhere
#37 Posted : 8/29/2014 4:27:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:

I got to thinking: an individual could save all the solvent that contains the oils and fats and do a few sodium carbonate washes and reuse the solvent. ... right?

The solvent that I use is getting harder to find (bestine). I like it because it seems to give me monster pulls with out a lot of oils, but my end results are usually yellow - not that it seems to matter...

So, if we save, wash and reuse the oily solvent for the initial pulls, and fresh, or cleaned, solvent for the second pulls, we could reduce the amount of waste solvent.... I think. Smile

ACYah,

You most definitely can reuse your solvent after precipitating crystals. Pour the nonpolar solvent off after your crystals have formed and use it in another pull.
"The mystic cannot communicate, but the artist can." ~Robert Anton Wilson

Earthwalker
#38 Posted : 8/29/2014 7:10:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

waitwhatwhere wrote:
AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:

ACYah,

You most definitely can reuse your solvent after precipitating crystals. Pour the nonpolar solvent off after your crystals have formed and use it in another pull.

Yes you can but ! if you're doing the Mini AB the idea is do you're pulls back to back as it's just not worth doing the mini on every pull ! Razz ,,,,,,, so you could save and wash the solvent for the next extraction !

If you're worried you're not going to get the all alkaloids out in the 6 pulls IMO you're mistaken , you can do more pulls just to see if there's some goodies left that's advisable ,! IME I find if I go back to the soup the next day it's hard to do the final pulls as ithe nps will pick up all the dust and colour which leaves the nps purple and unworkable !
And we don't no what causes the purple pulls so if anyone can elaborate pls do !!

AcaciaConfusedYah
#39 Posted : 8/29/2014 12:57:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I collected all 6 pulls, which produced a very yellow nps. I did the mini a/b and then washed the yellow solvent with the sodium carb. To use on the first 6 pulls of the next batch.

The nps from the pulls on the mini a/b barely had any color, but produced beautiful white snowballs in the precipitation tray. Smile

I woke up this morning with a good surprise in the freezer.

Nice job, Earthwalker! This is a game changer for the folks who can only find acacia bark, or just want really clean spice without the re-X
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

null24
#40 Posted : 8/29/2014 8:21:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thank you for this, it is helpful. I'm planning acrbXTR-V ( my fifth attempt) soon, and now that i found a local source for rue,also looking into aya/pharma/fuma as options.

The pictorial is helpful, this time, i plan to be careful, methodical and settle fur no less than total crystalline success.

(Unless of course, i don't )Wink
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

PREV1234NEXT»