We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Benefits of OBE's & Meditation Options

Bancopuma
#21 Posted : 7/20/2014 1:09:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's as you describe, but can take a few times to get the stability. Some people struggle with the instinctual fear the comes with separating from their body (understandable) and it can take a few experiences to get over this. First times tend to be short and often not as clear, but with more experience things get clearer, you can stay out with longer, and you can explore further/deeper. But yeah you can move wherever you like with will/thought alone, but avoid thoughts about your physical body, this seems to act like an irresistible magnet and pulls you back into it.

And yeah OBE's can feel very dream like, to very realistic (compared to "real" life) to hyper vivid and clear, beyond what one can ever experience in waking life. Some people are of the opinion that vivid flying dreams are actually projections of low lucidity, or that in lucid dreams you are already in the astral realms, but in a state of lower lucidity than a true OBE. But lucid dream work and OBE work are definitely synergistic it seems which is cool. There is definitely overlap between lucid dreams and OBE's and lucid dreams can make an excellent launchpad for OBE's, either through intention ("I demand to have a full conscious OBE" or something similar) or through jumping off somewhere high while lucid, sometimes this can also act as an OBE trigger. OBE's launched through lucid dreams may often feel more dreamlike than one's launched from a conscious state. It seems like it's all on a sliding scale of lucidity I think from unconscious sleep, through to dreams, and vivid dreams, to lucid dreams, to OBE's).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ufostrahlen
#22 Posted : 7/20/2014 1:18:19 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

obliguhl wrote:
You really are a wealth of knowledge, Ufostrahlen, great!

Great I can help. It's just that I read/watch a lot about this topic, but lack the experience.

However vibrations, explosions and vivid dreams are familiar, but I can't control or induce these states intentionally. But then another day begins and the current worthwhile goal is to read/watch/learn more. Smile

obliguhl wrote:
His explanations are a bit funky though...but as long as the advice is sound...

Yeah, I understand. Maybe those pdfs, Bancopuma posted, can help you further. Buhlman's book: Out of Body. Astralreisen - Das letzte Abenteuer der Menschheit. isn't so bad either. If you want to spend money and enjoy a German translation. But it basically says the same things as the pdf in the OP.

You might also enjoy watching/listening to some Tom Campbell videos. They aren't really practical but his theories are really interesting. He says that before trying to OBE/heal/remote view/fly around, you first should meditate and get rid of fears and THEN let the OBE/healing/remote view/flying around happen. It's a side product of your spiritual growth.

I like him, because he's not your average spiritual person. He works (worked?) as a scientist for NASA and tries to combine spirituality with science. It's easier for me to relate to his work than to gurus or your average spiritual teacher.

Furthermore all of his work is free of charge, no need to buy stuff or follow a sketchy sect.

obliguhl wrote:
I think the most striking thing about my experience was the fact that i popped into this altered state of consciousness while being conscious. Waking up in a lucid dream is different ..less lucid and less shocking.

Congratulations, I hope I can soon follow you. No need to buy the Oculus Rift, right? Big grin
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Infectedstyle
#23 Posted : 7/20/2014 1:41:58 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Quote:
the separation, the buzzing, the vibrations, the super immersive, hyper clear virtual reality, and the snapping back to your physical body

Awesome. I believe that I can perhaps see someone traveling out of body while on DMT. Because I get this hyperclear reality vision during the experience. And I can see faces/entity/presence in some inorganic materials. It's always the same face for different entities but an emotion covers the face when you look clearly into it. My friend mentioned doing OBEs when falling asleep and I noticed as he was falling asleep that this same hyper-clear face appeared on his sheets. And I saw it move through different materials. The feeling I got on this face was more of an awkward, first-time, I don't know exactly what I'm doing kind of emotion. While the same face that was witnessed alone in my house on dmt had a mischevious look and knew it's way around and could enter my mind and control my trip during the DMT session if I closed my eyes. I guess what we can takeaway from that if true is that a person going OBE could also affect someone's DMT trip if he knows it's way around. Pleased

Funny, my friend makes a lot of noise while "sleeping", Everytime I walk edby him with a glass of water he started to smack his lips.

Yes, I believe there's overlap. I've heared it mention that a still mind allows for more true OBE. Wandering thoughts make dream-like images form and distort the realness in a sense because they start overlapping each other. Furthermore, I think with practice you lose some of the seperation and can experience OBE and being in the body at the same time. But I heared it takes a while and can be a very draining experience. But on the other hand, experiencing OBE gets easier and doesn't require snapping anymore. Atleast, I think so. I have no experience in this area. ^^

EDIT; Forgot to mention. When I saw his "presence" on the bedsheets I felt as if he was genuienely shocked to see my face staring directly at him. Imagine being somewhere without a body as if watching through a lense and having a person stare directly at your lense. That is pretty strange, I think.

Ufostrahlen
#24 Posted : 7/20/2014 2:25:57 PM

Bancopuma wrote:
As it happens the author of the recommended 'Phasing Primer' was one of the commenters beneath highly recommending the clip so all of them you could have picked, that was a good'un!

That's not a coincidence Big grin I found it here:
http://www.unlimitedboun...tch-this-first-t443.html

Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Bancopuma
#25 Posted : 7/20/2014 2:34:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...thwarted! Pleased
Bancopuma attached the following image(s):
synchronicity.jpg (85kb) downloaded 254 time(s).

obliguhl
#26 Posted : 7/20/2014 2:59:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma, have not seen your post before...i guess only more experience can tell if it was really an OBE, but it felt definatly very...different from regular lucid dreams. Perhaps it is similiar to DMT levels so there is always more and more to unlock.

Bancopuma
#27 Posted : 7/20/2014 3:08:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I was a gambling man Mr obliguhl, I would put money on it being so...sounds to me you are making great progress, so well done! I would recommend you keep persevering with it, now you've had what I think sounds like a genuine experience, things should get a little easier, and the terrain to get there a little clearer...and exactly, as you say more experience should illuminate this, and if desired allow you to prove or disprove the validity of the experience. But yeah like DMT it does seem like there is always more and more to unlock, quite possibly infinitely more.

It would be really interesting to hear how you get on, and your progress is inspiring to me as well so thanks a lot for sharing. Cool

Bancopuma
#28 Posted : 7/21/2014 12:59:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Infectedstyle, that's interesting stuff! Random but I recently heard about a gringo "shaman" in the Amazon who had developed a bit of a dodgy reputation...some people said he was great, others that he had a dark presence or energy, and apparently he was addicted to cocaine and was a polydrug user and would use ketamine around ayahuasca ceremonies and even offer it guests, which if true is very dodgy indeed. Apparently he boasted that he had smoked DMT many hundreds of times, but according to multiple people he had the ability of projecting into people's DMT experiences. I've also read an experience report from a woman's iboga initiation with an iboga shaman, also with a somewhat unscrupulous reputation, at least according to some, and according to this experience report, when she was on her iboga initiation, he projected into her iboga experience to help guide her through the experience. I appreciate these are two single second had accounts, so to be taken with a pinch of salt, but interesting and kinda relevant all the same.

I always get the hyper vivid reality experience when I'm in the DMT zone, and there are definitely some parallels when comparing the transition to DMT reality with OBE's, like the vibrations, buzzing, feelings of energy, and at times feeling of separation. And yeah having a still mind dose seem to positively affect the quality of OBE’s, and seems to be a necessary prerequisite, along with deep relaxation…some people report OBE symptoms through meditation alone without attempting to induce one. An OBE teacher I know recommends Zazen meditation in particular for increasing the clarity and length of OBE's. And yeah what you say about the separation also seems to apply to some people, including this OBE teacher, with more experience, your perception on the experience has changed and it seems like separation can become smoother, have heard about the draining aspect to it though.

SpartanII
#29 Posted : 7/21/2014 9:51:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:

Furthermore, I think with practice you lose some of the seperation and can experience OBE and being in the body at the same time.

Yup.

In body, out-of-body...eventually it doesn't matter anymore, it's all the same, or it's all relative. Inner/outer, within/without, etc. "As above, so below...etc"

What we call a "body" is simply one of many possible perceptions. Once consciousness is non-local, it's non-local, you know what I mean?Wink

Bancopuma wrote:
Random but I recently heard about a gringo "shaman" in the Amazon who had developed a bit of a dodgy reputation...some people said he was great, others that he had a dark presence or energy, and apparently he was addicted to cocaine and was a polydrug user and would use ketamine around ayahuasca ceremonies and even offer it guests, which if true is very dodgy indeed. Apparently he boasted that he had smoked DMT many hundreds of times, but according to multiple people he had the ability of projecting into people's DMT experiences. I've also read an experience report from an iboga shaman, also with a somewhat unscrupulous reputation, at least according to some, and according to this experience report, when she was on her iboga initiation, he projected into her iboga experience to help guide her through the experience. I appreciate these are two single second had accounts, so to be taken with a pinch of salt, but interesting and kinda relevant all the same.

You bring up a good point. Many believe just because someone might be skilled at projecting their Dreaming body, that they will always have the best of intentions.Stop

Infectedstyle
#30 Posted : 7/21/2014 10:45:19 PM

I think a lot of people mistake dreaming for OBE though. Obliguhl's description sounds much more plausible than certains things that I experience on sleep deprivation for example. I Randomly travel around and see stuff in a kind of sleepy haze as opposed to having super clarity. I think I can imagine the feeling that goes with it. I imagine it is akin to weightlesness non-fatigue and sharpness unrecognized in normal human life. Also, thanks for sharing Bancopuma. Such anecdotal reports do inspire me and usually stick. Where did you read that Iboga report?

Spartan wrote:
What we call a "body" is simply one of many possible perceptions. Once consciousness is non-local, it's non-local, you know what I mean?Wink

Haha. Nop, I don't know what you mean. Razz But I don't think it matters that much that I do not understand.

SpartanII
#31 Posted : 7/21/2014 11:54:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
I think a lot of people mistake dreaming for OBE though.

Not a fan of dualism, as convenient as it is. Big grin

As I see it, every time we experience perception we are dreaming. OBE's are simply our consciousness shifting from one perception/memory to another. Not only can you float around in different realities, you can merge with, become/possess, and perceive through the elements of that reality- in essence, shape-shift.

Bancopuma
#32 Posted : 7/22/2014 12:28:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If I can track down either of the iboga initiation or DMT reports, I'll share them here, the former I read a while back, the latter more recently, had a little look for both but no joy, but will update if I find anything.

This page compares lucid dreams with OBE's. It's definitely not perfect but it has a good stab at it what it aims for. I do think that dreams, lucid dreams and OBE's are on a kind of sliding scale of conscious awareness, but a genuine OBE should be pretty unmistakable, especially if one consciously projects from an awake state.

http://www.robertpeterson.org/obe-vs-lucid.html

Infectedstyle
#33 Posted : 7/22/2014 12:36:13 AM

I think you are right. I mean.. I understand your view. There's a wide plethora of experience that are all out of the body in a sense. We really don't know how this works and where this actually takes place. All I know is that something is there. Sometimes it feels like you are peaking through a lense. And other times it feels like you are actually are there. Or so I reckon from reading these reports. I find it weird though that I would travel through my room the last time I fell asleep and woke myself up to see if the objects match. And they didn't.. I think that a more real OBE can be achieved. But a distinction must be made between dreaming into the psyche and dreaming into psychicality.

Bancopuma, thanks for looking it up. I thought maybe there's a little detail or piece of information that might stand out for me as important. I had a feeling you woulden't be able to find the source so I didn't expect more. It makes more sense to experience it first-hand anyway. So no problem Smile

jamie
#34 Posted : 7/22/2014 4:57:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I don't know what to say here..I could tell you all stories that I can imagine are hard to believe.

The distinction with dreaming blurs the deeper you get into this. Don't assume there is a fine line-there is not. Just my opinion after 30 years of this. I never tried to do this, it has always just been so.

We know very little as waking humans about what goes on outside of our defined world.

I went through a period of time roughly 2 years ago where I could mostly project at will for a number of months. I had night where I could be walking around with other humans who live inside a city inside of solid rock under the ground(literally inside the earth) on some other dimension or frequency, and come back to my body to pee..get up and pee..go back to my bed and pop right back down and go down to the city for another couple hours. I have been on ships in the astral and floated solo in orbit around earth. I could probly write a book someday about all of this.

I dont know why some people cant do this and some can. I never really had to try to do it. I am not a normal person because of this, and I can remember being taken as a child over and over every night.

Not all of this stuff was pleasant, desired or seemed to be in my best interest. I dont know what the reality of all of this stuff is, but believe me..for some people this stuff does happen and it is subjectivly as real as day, and it's not all spiritual or anything. That is where people get caught up in new age bs. Spirituality is something that takes place in even the mundane. What we are talking about here touches upon such things, but does not mean you are a spiritual person etc. Without sounding overly paranoid or insane, I will say that sometimes it seems more like you are simply pulled out of your body to serve a purpose for other intelligences that I do not always trust or wish to converse with.

Also, I should not I don't get these kinds of entities when I take psychedelics. If you ever have entities in your room when you have sleep paralysis, try to get a good look at them if possible..and then please contact me and tell me what you see, and how you feel about that..I dont want to put ideas into peoples heads so I wont say any more.
Long live the unwoke.

Jin
#35 Posted : 7/23/2014 4:11:41 PM

yes

the only OBE i can remember having is this one time i was being pulled to the sky with my feet up flying in the air as i hold onto the bed with my hands praying for my dear life

yet recently my dreams have started to look more like alternate reality, i will be quitting cannabis soon enough to explore this in great detail

i do wish to wake up in all the worlds
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Bancopuma
#36 Posted : 7/23/2014 5:12:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Jin, it sounds like you were very close...your experience sounds similar to what a friend experienced a few weeks ago. She had a nap (naps seem to be quite a good time for OBE's for some people) and she had a very vivid dream in which she was flying and was asking her friend to hold her by her feet. When she realised her friend wasn't holding her she woke up. On waking she could feel vibrations through her system and felt in an altered trance state, which she compared to ayahuasca (she's been having a few ceremonies recently and has been remembering more of her dreams recently). So sounds to me like this was very close to an OBE launch.

Cannabis quitting definitely does help a great deal with dream recall, which I think will extend to OBE recall as well (a chance one may experience one and not remember it if recall is impaired) and increase chances of gaining lucidity in dreams, which in turn can serve as a launch pad for OBE's. However some people, like House, report using it to good effect when smoking some on waking before going back to sleep in the style of the WBTB method.

Bancopuma
#37 Posted : 7/23/2014 7:54:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A recently published article that may be of interest.

"The travellers: Science of out of body experiences"

http://www.deccanchronic...nce-out-body-experiences

obliguhl
#38 Posted : 8/6/2014 6:41:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More on Vibrations...

The other night i was dreaming that i was stuck in a very small dark toilet. I looked in the mirror and noticed that my face turned into some sort of olm. Reality rippled and i knew i was in a trip of some sort. I then would feel a pressure on my body and went straight into the "vibrational void".

This time i remembered the lucidology OBE Videos and tried to sort of avoid the vibrations and concentrate on the state in between. To the effect, that the shorter the time of each "buzz", the stronger i would spin around and feel centrifugal forces pulling me out of my body. Agood analogy:

http://i.imgur.com/V7jUbre.jpg

These hyperspacial toys....

Too bad i kinda focused too much, which lightened the trance and eventually woke me up.

Bancopuma
#39 Posted : 8/6/2014 9:35:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting experience thanks for sharing. I've seen that luciodology clip that stresses not focussing on the vibrations as they are essentially form of energy resistance. This is quite a stark contrast to some other OBE people and groups who encourage one to cultivate a vibrational state for being the right launch pad for OBE's and the IAC's core technique, the VELO, is a way of using will to induce a vibrational state at any time, and not just for OBE's but for healing purposes as well. But it does seem like one must learn to walk a tightrope between states at times. Similar in a way to using the hypnagogic state as a launch pad prior to sleep...one must remain conscious enough to not fall asleep, but not too conscious or they'll break the trance which can be quite a fine line. With practice and repeated attempts things get easier I think.

Also, random but I've heard if you wake up and are able to remain still with eyes closed, this can increase your chances of another projection or of initiating a lucid dream.

Good stuff though dude sounds like you were very close! Thumbs up

Ufostrahlen
#40 Posted : 8/10/2014 8:33:08 PM

Bancopuma wrote:
Galantamine/choline wise, I have these same capsules, and for me personally they haven't helped at all actually...one night I had impressive and vivid dreams, but that's it.

Have a look at: http://lucidconsciousnes...tion-of-Lucid-Dreams.pdf

If you add 25mg of caffeine and 200mg L-theanine to the mix, it will suppress deep sleep and should result in higher lucidity (LDS4 in the paper).

Quote:
It is hypothesized that the success of this approach is due to the combination of a cholinergic stimulating substance with a deep sleep suppressing substance which allowed the subject to move from the waking state directly into a very light sleep with increased acetylcholine levels.

PREV1234NEXT»