We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Sounds thread Options

obliguhl
#21 Posted : 7/14/2009 5:19:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#22 Posted : 7/14/2009 5:21:24 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

http://www.freesound.org/

another good one
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

۩
#23 Posted : 7/14/2009 7:11:27 AM

Here's a rough draft of one room, version, or trip:

http://rapidshare.com/files/255607342/asd.wav.html

Sorry for the .wav I'm currently having trouble exporting to .mp3, and for some reason the 3 mp3 converter programs I downloaded wouldn't work...so there ya go!

I used signal generators for the carrier wave, of course modulated. The screaming is actually stretched out cicada (thanks mv. I think I even got them to sound like glowing coyotes at one point) and I also used a sample of an old motor. The voices are from a track I made using the Stickies program on a mac laptop to read poetry. I might add some more creaks and watery noises, or I may just leave it alone and move on to a more ambient and beautiful track (or try to, at least!)
Would love your input.. ..and maybe someone can convert for me so I can upload to last.fm?

I would consider this to be a pretty high dose..

I want the next one to be soft, and glowing. I'll use glass.

coz42
#24 Posted : 7/14/2009 7:16:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not that it ever came across the auditory complex, but didgeridoo's just sound great.
http://www.youtube.com/w...h?v=xJgSIjaM5Jc&NR=1
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

coz42
#25 Posted : 7/14/2009 7:33:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That track left me spaced out and felt that severe case of tinnitus cringing the eardrum Shocked That really hit the mark for me.

Consider using a sequencer like Koblo for compression?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

۩
#26 Posted : 7/14/2009 7:37:13 AM

heh ;] I do have an L3 on the master, but my laptop was already about to crash with all the plug ins I already had going. Guess I need to invest in some more RAM

rellik
#27 Posted : 7/15/2009 2:49:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

strange high pitched feedback, similar to a capacitor *edit* continuously charging/discharging /*edit* but weirder and warbelier

edit: yeah obliguhl, it really does seem to have the fragile feel of wispy cirrus clouds
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

mugwump77
#28 Posted : 7/15/2009 3:34:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

often i hear a soft music box type sound in the background. not unlike a jack-in-the-box crank being turned slowly and under a pillow so it's very soft. of course i also get that crackly rush sound many talk about when i start to realy lift off.

the very first time i met Demetri i heard what sounded like a crowd of school children cheering in the distance. it was rad, but i never heard it again since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxfODAGWjW4

Advertising is tax deductible, so we all pay for the privilege of being manipulated and controlled.
-Noam Chomsky

Do you think that the amoeba ever dreamed that it would evolve into the frog? Of course it didn't. And when that first frog shimmied out of the water and employed its vocal cords in order to attract a mate or to retard a predator, do you think that that frog ever imagined that that incipient croak would evolve into all the languages of the world, into all the literature of the world? Of course it fucking didn't. And just as that froggy could never possibly have conceived of Shakespeare, so we can never possibly imagine our destiny.
-Naked (1993)

memo
#29 Posted : 7/15/2009 5:14:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great thread!!! I've been really feeling the need to try to reproduce the sound. The free sounds links are a treasure. Here's what I've found so far that approaches what I hear.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

obliguhl
#30 Posted : 7/15/2009 7:42:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
strange high pitched feedback, similar to a capacitor charging but weirder and warbelier

Very good description. There's something majestic and fragil attached to it too...

WSaged
#31 Posted : 7/15/2009 6:08:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

coz42 wrote:
Not that it ever came across the auditory complex, but didgeridoo's just sound great.
http://www.youtube.com/w...h?v=xJgSIjaM5Jc&NR=1

That's a cool little jam!!

I sometimes hear a very slow didgeridoo like sound that's waaaaaay off in the background, usually when I mix vaporized DMT with MAOI.

I have one really nice, big one, a friend made for me in the key of E, out of an Agave cactus shoot (natural...not PVC...more personality!).
I can play it no doubt, but the circular breathing thing has never clicked with me.
A few times I have been playing it & you get into a kind of trance, after going for a few minutes, I notice I've been doing the breathing thing correctly. But once I notice it, it messes me up & it's over. This happened one time while me & the guy who made it were both taking LSD & jamming on our didgeridoos together (he could could do the breathing tech very well), we played for about an 1/2 hour without stopping & I would notice how I was doing the breathing correctly then too, the whole time, even after I noticed it. But that was the longest I was ever able to keep the circular breathing going.Confused

To my head, there isn't a whole lot more psychedelic-sounding thing out there, then the didgeridoo with some echo on it!!
That & the Theremin (also with echo!!).Wink
Always with the echo...echo...cho...cho...cho...cho...cho...cho...cho...

Very happy
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

memo
#32 Posted : 7/15/2009 11:55:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow!! I just spent hours online learning about the Theremin. I can't believe that I've been ignorant about the instrument that made the sci-fi sounds that I grew up with. Thanks guys!

WSaged
#33 Posted : 7/16/2009 12:15:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They are much more difficult to play...musically...than I would have thought, but they are cool as hell !!

THere are a few people in Nashville who play them well enough that they make it sound just like a violin!! & play in place of one in some bands.
(Winkor I guess in Nashville it's a fiddle!!:winkSmile

Anyway, after trying to play one & make it sound like anything but Sci-Fi effects, those people are freakishly impressive to me!!
Did you see any youtube vids of those people?

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

memo
#34 Posted : 7/16/2009 1:10:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I didn't see any of the Nashville videos but I did see Clara Rockmore and Thomas Grillo etc. I'll have to check out the Nashville videos!

Pssilocibinnn
#35 Posted : 7/19/2009 1:44:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey! i love this projecT!
this is my music.. I hope that they like
thanks for all!!
Smile Very happy Laughing Wink

TRasa.wav - 82.61 Mb
http://www.mediafire.com/?tmdytahwfd0
Solsticio.wav - 52.8 Mb
http://www.mediafire.com/?imymzzvjxiy

)SmileSmile)SmileSmile)))SmileSmile
)Smile))Smile)SmileSmile)))::
):::Smile)Smile)Smile)Smile:
Smile)SmileSmile)SmileSmile):Smile
Joyful noise in the brain

The Traveler
#36 Posted : 7/19/2009 1:55:14 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Pssilocibinnn,

That music is PERFECT for the Enigmaticus, Much thanx for that!

Pssilocibinnn
#37 Posted : 7/19/2009 4:59:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

THAnks!!
i have more if you need Pleased

////////////////////////////////

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

i love the nexus!!!
Joyful noise in the brain

SyZyGyPSy
#38 Posted : 7/19/2009 4:48:33 PM
Tryptophilese Metaphysticus Anomalopteris III

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's still cool:

http://www.tigranmimosa.com/

DJ Mimosa... need I say more? And is it just me or does that beeping beat on Lullabyte sound strangely familiar to anyone else?
The Ultimate Secret of the Universe is that there is no Ultimate Secret of the Universe... there's just a bunch of stuff that happens.

soulman
#39 Posted : 7/20/2009 11:21:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SyZyGyPSy wrote:
This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's still cool:

http://www.tigranmimosa.com/

DJ Mimosa... need I say more? And is it just me or does that beeping beat on Lullabyte sound strangely familiar to anyone else?

Dawg, that lullabyte track on there is tight.
You have to go within or you go without

idtravlr
#40 Posted : 7/21/2009 5:58:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
clicking sounds...pjoenghhhh...ihihihihihihihi ...watch an old SF or B-Horror Movie to know what I mean.

Dude, "pjoenghhh..." could not be MORE accurate!! Nice!

Peace
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

PREV123NEXT