We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
The Enigmaticus Options

The Traveler
#21 Posted : 7/6/2009 8:17:21 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Pebble on the Beach wrote:
The Traveler wrote:
I'm more of a classical artist, pens, pencils and brushes, but I could scan them or make drafts for 3d artists to continue on if you want.

I think that would be a great idea! You're welcome to join in, can I put your name as 'Artist' on the Wiki page?

sure, but i'm gonna be honest, i'm not an initiate to hyperspace yet (soon, very soon, got everything I need to extract and am preparing myself mentally)

Well, that might be interesting to see the difference between your drawing before and after you have visited hyperspace. Either way, you are welcome for the project.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pebble on the Beach
#22 Posted : 7/7/2009 12:53:27 AM

C r a c k B l i p T o o t T o o t ! ! !

Then you can count me in.
"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
and
"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
Bertrand Russell

All things are possible, everything is permissable

The Traveler
#23 Posted : 7/7/2009 7:51:01 AM

"No, seriously"

Then you can count me in.

Great! You have been added on the Wiki.

۩
#24 Posted : 7/7/2009 7:55:31 AM

I was sitting here pondering how I could help.
Let me know if you want any sounds programmed. Just give me a concept or a word//theme//idea and I can pretty much do anything.
Looking forward to the manifestation of the enigmaticus..

The Traveler
#25 Posted : 7/7/2009 8:03:46 AM

"No, seriously"

slidewinder wrote:
I was sitting here pondering how I could help.
Let me know if you want any sounds programmed. Just give me a concept or a word//theme//idea and I can pretty much do anything.
Looking forward to the manifestation of the enigmaticus..

We can use sounds from hyperspace. It's hard to define but weird and serene come to mind and of course the high pitch hyperspace entry sound.

If you like I'll put you up there as sound artist.

۩
#26 Posted : 7/7/2009 8:05:04 AM

I would love to partake in the project...I have been meaning to bring those sounds into this reality for a while now. This will give me some motivation.

Jorkest
#27 Posted : 7/7/2009 7:24:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

AWESOME!
it's a sound

endlessness
#28 Posted : 7/7/2009 7:26:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

guys, I need some help understanding this.. I tried reading but I didnt follow exactly what is going on, there's loads of information and ideas being thrown here.

So let me say what I understood and if you guys can, please correct me or tell me what im missing here:

There are two ideas, that are interwinned: making a language to describe hyperspace (lexicon) and some sort of puzzle. But there was some talk about 'programming' of the puzzle.. Does one need to know anything about computer programming to contribute or understand this? How does the puzzle work in objective terms, is it questions that one answers and then can continue when answer is right? But is it one-way and linear (the impression I got was that no, it was dynamic like hyperspace, but how does it work then?)

Because also I got some impression that it will be a collage of things like trip reports, sounds, etc.. sort of like this website, futureanomaly or smt like that.. But thats no puzzle, its more clickable links of loads of things.. So give me a light here please Smile

It all sounds incredibly interesting, but maybe, as a suggestion, some sort of quick easy explanation of the whole thing as a header or first post or whatever, before the copy paste of all the talks that have happened, because then slow (or stoned) people like me can more easily get this all and contribute Smile

The Traveler
#29 Posted : 7/7/2009 8:24:31 PM

"No, seriously"

I can understand your confusion since this is still a thought process that has to find the right place to transform into a complete idea.

Here are some abstract thoughts:
1. The Enigmaticus will be a puzzle/game that is using trip reports as means of filling the void of hyperspace.
(Translates to: This will be a game where input of users will be used to make up the environment)

2. The game has a storyline that will expand itself by means of people playing the game. This will be done by giving players the ability to 'paint' the environment by trip reports and other input. (Expansion of idea 1.)

3. The Hyperspace lexicon is a separate project to collect words and phrases of hyperspace visits (trips/journeys). The Enigmaticus uses these words and phrases as keywords to submit experience reports.

4. This game will give people who never tried DMT the ability to experience a glimpse of DMT and hyperspace.

5. People with DMT experience might get a better understanding of the journeys other people take.

These are just a few ideas that popup in my mind.

Jorkest
#30 Posted : 7/7/2009 8:32:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

very well explained traveler...im going to edit the first post with that in there so people can get a better understanding of it right off the bat

sometimes i have problems collecting my thoughts
it's a sound

tryptographer
#31 Posted : 7/7/2009 10:58:39 PM

tryptamine photographer

Great brainstorm and hats off to Jorkest and Traveler and all the others for concocting this!
Now we have to make it more concrete... I just feel in my tentacles this could be something big!

In the meantime, we should not only write trip reports, but also make drawings as standard practice! Or even sound recordings, or music played while launched, or sounds like the carrier wave. We'll need a lot of audiovisual material input.
We always complain how impossible it is to convey this to words, but then why not just draw it, even if you 'can't draw' at all!
A 'trip report' can have text but also drawings, movies, sounds, context/set/settings parameters, to better illustrate the experience. And navigation could be very intuitive. More like an adventure game than a forum...

Great to have you on board Slidewinder! Maybe we can lure WS into this, he seems to be a sound expert...

Jorkest
#32 Posted : 7/7/2009 11:09:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

exactly tryp!
it's a sound

Pebble on the Beach
#33 Posted : 7/8/2009 12:56:33 AM

C r a c k B l i p T o o t T o o t ! ! !

tryptographer wrote:
Great brainstorm and hats off to Jorkest and Traveler and all the others for concocting this!
Now we have to make it more concrete... I just feel in my tentacles this could be something big!

In the meantime, we should not only write trip reports, but also make drawings as standard practice! Or even sound recordings, or music played while launched, or sounds like the carrier wave. We'll need a lot of audiovisual material input.
We always complain how impossible it is to convey this to words, but then why not just draw it, even if you 'can't draw' at all!
A 'trip report' can have text but also drawings, movies, sounds, context/set/settings parameters, to better illustrate the experience. And navigation could be very intuitive. More like an adventure game than a forum...

Great to have you on board Slidewinder! Maybe we can lure WS into this, he seems to be a sound expert...

Great idea. A collective input cabinet, subdivided in the different categories is like a well of ideas.

Maybe via sticky's in this topic?

edit*: ust noticed there's already a sound thread, report thread is also available, I'll make a thread especially for uploading artwork & drawings.

"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
and
"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
Bertrand Russell

All things are possible, everything is permissable

11:11
#34 Posted : 7/8/2009 8:48:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would love to add to this by way of sound making as well as it is what I do best. I will have some samples ready soon for review.
Psychonautical musical adventures

I am the Pickled Herring, raging through the streets of Aurangabad. Smiting the simian fortress of Agartha I fly with pan liners and garbage bags attached to my million tentacles of horrid putrefaction, eating souls and raining down corpses on the mighty city of Gruad.

Hail Eris!

The Traveler
#35 Posted : 7/8/2009 10:27:46 AM

"No, seriously"

11:11 wrote:
I would love to add to this by way of sound making as well as it is what I do best. I will have some samples ready soon for review.

So nice for all to join in this. I can add you up with the list of people involved?

The Traveler
#36 Posted : 7/8/2009 12:12:11 PM

"No, seriously"

I changed your first post Jorkest, to include a link to the Wiki work page of The Enigmaticus. Hope you don't mind I did that...

Jorkest
#37 Posted : 7/8/2009 9:07:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i am so upset with you traveler!! how dare you try and make things more accessible...who do you think you are
Wink
it's a sound

The Traveler
#38 Posted : 7/8/2009 10:31:48 PM

"No, seriously"

Jorkest wrote:
i am so upset with you traveler!! how dare you try and make things more accessible...who do you think you are
Wink

Ohw, allright. I'll remove it then... Razz

11:11
#39 Posted : 7/9/2009 8:20:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely you can add me on Mr.Traveler Smile I will be working on some sounds tonight!
Psychonautical musical adventures

I am the Pickled Herring, raging through the streets of Aurangabad. Smiting the simian fortress of Agartha I fly with pan liners and garbage bags attached to my million tentacles of horrid putrefaction, eating souls and raining down corpses on the mighty city of Gruad.

Hail Eris!

nodice
#40 Posted : 8/23/2009 7:40:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an Amazing Idea!
It is that step to bringing the art of the inward journey to the outer world. Brilliant.
I would like to maybe get involved and contribute some custom images based on peoples experience.
Dizzo has about 20 or so Journeys to reflect on. Pleased
So count me in!Smile
have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

PREV123NEXT