We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Sand ? Options

Snark
#1 Posted : 7/5/2009 8:38:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I buy 448gr of San Pedro in an American store. I cooked 168 grams yesterday.
Is it normal that I found the white powder in the bottom of the pan (sand?) ?
I collected 10 grams, but there were more...

thanks !

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

psychosisdoses
#2 Posted : 7/5/2009 4:17:17 PM

Derek

curious......
i would say no its not normal
iv never found sand in my pedro...

was it a live cactus you got
or dried flesh?
powdered flesh?

more info is needed
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Snark
#3 Posted : 7/5/2009 4:46:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

they are dried chips.
You can see the sand (?) inlaid on the chips.
not normal?

psychosisdoses
#4 Posted : 7/5/2009 5:47:09 PM

Derek

you bought that in an american store??
this is odd... odd indeed...
however iv always ground and extracted..
iv never "cooked" it... whatever you mean by that
so no iv never seen this however... i dont think i would of either..

a store huh?... what kinda store...
please dont say a headshop..

"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~

Snark
#5 Posted : 7/5/2009 6:14:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I buy it in a American headshop, their products come from Peru.
(I do not know if I can say the name of the shop here ...)

I will inform the seller and I will keep you informed !

thank you for your help !

psychosisdoses
#6 Posted : 7/5/2009 6:39:28 PM

Derek

sigh....

MagikVenom
#7 Posted : 7/6/2009 12:18:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It could be a sloppy harvest and cut job. Perhaps it was droped into the sandy ground.

If nothing else if it realy is sand I would weight the sand and contact vender and tell them you did not pay for sand. That is if it was sold by weight. If by volume your out of luck.

I guess the real test will tell the tale if its a good story who cares about sand.

Your best option is to grow them your selves enjoy the flowers. Order some live cuttings of what ever size you want. Cut and dry extraction but keep the cutting tips, let them calus for a month and plant them. In a couple years you can repeate the process once you get them going they grow fast

psychosisdoses
#8 Posted : 7/6/2009 2:07:14 AM

Derek

it saddens me that headshops are selling pedro...

Pebble on the Beach
#9 Posted : 7/6/2009 3:35:54 AM

C r a c k B l i p T o o t T o o t ! ! !

This reminds of a time when in the city where I live, when sometimes if you bought weed from certain guys there was this sandlike dust that stuck to your fingers after pulverizing the buds. we only found out because afterwards we licked the sticky resin of our fingers, and it crackled and grinded between our teeth.

We put some under a microscope and weighed it after we collected it from our baggies. It was this really fine and dark, heavy powder sprinkled(?) over the buds to add weight to the volume.

Don't buy there anymore is my advice, you clearly don't know what your getting.
"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
and
"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
Bertrand Russell

All things are possible, everything is permissable

psychosisdoses
#10 Posted : 7/6/2009 4:40:57 AM

Derek

Pebble on the Beach wrote:
This reminds of a time when in the city where I live, when sometimes if you bought weed from certain guys there was this sandlike dust that stuck to your fingers after pulverizing the buds. we only found out because afterwards we licked the sticky resin of our fingers, and it crackled and grinded between our teeth.

We put some under a microscope and weighed it after we collected it from our baggies. It was this really fine and dark, heavy powder sprinkled(?) over the buds to add weight to the volume.

what in the world......
thats pretty crazy iv never had sandy weed lol
how much weight was there per weight of weed??
was it inert.. not say pcp or heroin?

WSaged
#11 Posted : 7/6/2009 5:08:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From the pics I would guess that is some kind of preservative, to keep it dry & free of mold etc...
Like salt or something.
Does it taste salty at all, or is it soft like a semi-hard gel (silica)?

Question is, did they add the preservative before, or after weighing it for sale?
And is it safe to consume?

Hmmm....Confused

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snark
#12 Posted : 7/6/2009 6:50:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

MagikVenom wrote:

If nothing else if it realy is sand I would weight the sand and contact vender and tell them you did not pay for sand. That is if it was sold by weight. If by volume your out of luck.

I sent an email to the seller last night...

MagikVenom wrote:
Your best option is to grow them your selves enjoy the flowers. Order some live cuttings of what ever size you want. Cut and dry extraction but keep the cutting tips, let them calus for a month and plant them. In a couple years you can repeate the process once you get them going they grow fast

I grow as : I have eighty peyotes and I planted T. Peruvianus recently (but I have not yet tasted the cactus)

warrensaged wrote:
From the pics I would guess that is some kind of preservative, to keep it dry & free of mold etc...
Like salt or something.
Does it taste salty at all, or is it soft like a semi-hard gel (silica)?

Question is, did they add the preservative before, or after weighing it for sale?
And is it safe to consume?

I do not think it is a preservative for two reasons:

1) it has no taste
2) I believe that a preservative is not edible

This is not salt: it is not soluble !

thank you all !

Pebble on the Beach
#13 Posted : 7/6/2009 3:05:29 PM

psychosisdoses wrote:
Pebble on the Beach wrote:

what in the world......
thats pretty crazy iv never had sandy weed lol
how much weight was there per weight of weed??
was it inert.. not say pcp or heroin?

It was inert, we put a torch lighter to the powder and it heated up, but didn't burn or melt.
Also, the weight ratio was between 0.1/0.2 per gram(stuff included) but really small in volume. Also, mixing weed with PCP or heroin is something I only hear about from Americans, here in Europe it isn't that prevalent. Hell, PCP is impossible to find this side of the ocean (not that I have any ambition that way).

I have no idea what it was, but needless to say we called up the dude that sold it to us and demanded a refund, wich he wasn't to happy about. Afterwards we boycotted the hell out of him. I think his little action lasted over three months and then the sandy weed dissapeared from the scene, after us totally wrecking the guys name in town. Serves him right.
and
Bertrand Russell

psychosisdoses
#14 Posted : 7/6/2009 3:46:37 PM

Derek

thats the damnedest thing iv ever heard of... sandy weed... to make .8-.9 a whole gram... sheisty bastards
iv never seen laced weed myself besides joints that were dipped and advertised as so..
aint nothing wrong with pcp... it can be kinda fuckin crazy...
and ill tell you this much itll FUX YOUS UPBZ
but i digress
iv only sampled it once little desire to go back
been there done that an all
i have better things to play with

Snark
#15 Posted : 7/6/2009 3:55:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The seller said that it is normal, that is not sand, it is a part of the cactus ...

MagikVenom
#16 Posted : 7/6/2009 4:28:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting prolly nothing to worry about sounds like to have thing unber control Snark good work.

Sounds like the rip off boys are evolving as well in my early days they were using small small rocks or seeds or simply using a small brown sealed envelope you could open if you want to looks inside but you open you buy no ifs and or buts. They cant use seeds now so they add sand insteded of small rocks.

Crafty bastards life on the streets is hard havent been there in 25 years and will not be to returning to visit ever.

M.V.

WSaged
#17 Posted : 7/6/2009 7:35:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Snark wrote:
1) it has no taste
2) I believe that a preservative is not edible
This is not salt: it is not soluble !

That just means it's not salt.
Silica gel is used for the same thing, but has those exact characteristics you mention & usually looks like little clear grains of sand (very similar to the stuff stuck to your cactus in the pics).

However, I don't think that Silica is edible!!
I don't think I've ever seen it used (in that way) with food, or anything intended for human consumption. Usually it would be kept in a tiny little denim bag, in the container with the item that needs to be kept dry.

Keep in mind, the way that headshops get away with selling these kinds of things is to sell it as incense, or for research purposes, or something along those lines.
Somewhere on the package, you'll probably find written:
"This Product Is For Research Purposes Only! Not Sold For Human Consumption"
or,
"This Product Is Sold As An Incense Only And Is Not Intended For Human Consumption"

So depending on who their supplier is, it may truly not be intended (or safe), for human consumption.
Just because it is being sold at a headshop does not mean that it is safe to eat, or that it even has any alkaloids in it (Quite the opposite in factSad ).
Or that the guy behind the counter has any idea what he's talking about, or what it even is!!!
He's just selling pipes!

MagikVenom wrote:
They cant use seeds now so they add sand instead of small rocks.M.V.

A lot of Hydroponic is grown in a small amount of loose sand, to help the plant hold itself up & have something to root into.

So if you end up with a few particles of sand in your hydro, that isn't really all that strange.
However, if you've got a gram of sand in the bag, someone thinks your a chump & sold you a gram of sand on purpose!!Laughing

Also, as far as the weed laced with Heroin, or PCP goes, in 25 years I've never once seen this, or personally know anyone who has experienced or seen this!!
Unless, it was being sold as a joint with something extra added and you always have to pay more for it!!

!!News Flash!!
Narcotics are all about making money!!
Not turning people on!!
They are not given away for free!!

Anyone ever heard of, or remember Refer Madness? Effects are still lingering apparently...

"Don't do drugs...cause drugs are baaad...m'kay...like mari-jewana m'kay...you could get some pot that was...ummmm...laced with PCP, or heeeeroin...m'kaaaay...and that would be baaad...m'kay..." Rolling eyes
Oh...and ah, Propaganda is baaaad...m'kaaaay.Twisted Evil

If you want to find to find a joint laced with something, your going to have to look for it pretty damn hard...& pay for it too!!
Or, I suppose you could lace it yourself!!Laughing

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pebble on the Beach
#18 Posted : 7/6/2009 7:46:35 PM

warrensaged wrote:
!!News Flash!!
Narcotics are all about making money!!
Not turning people on!!
They are not given away for free!!

WS

Sad, sad truth. Especially the free part. Smile
and
Bertrand Russell

psychosisdoses
#19 Posted : 7/6/2009 8:15:11 PM

Derek

yes the joint i got was sold as pcp
saw the fellow dip em

i have never seen or heard of weed being sold as weed
that turned out to be laced either

soulfood
#20 Posted : 7/13/2009 1:44:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

It's like the young ravers paranoia of brown pills. I could never figure out why a seller would cut a cheap drug with a more expensive drug.

For sure though I never got residue on cactus. But you have just added to the arguement against pre-powdered botanicals from unknown suppliers.

12NEXT