We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
first 100 gram acrb napatha pull.. Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 2/28/2014 3:09:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I followed the cyb salt tek x 2...meaning i followed the 50 gram extraction tek just used twice the ingrediants...[minus freeze thaw]

Because my freezer is not getting cold enough to do a freeze thaw...

So I added a little bit of thicklight tek to it .. and acid boiled for two hours.

Then used a 400 watt hi speed blender and turned the bark and all into a blended smoothy...

After the blending I ended up with a two inch emussion ..but then after a little heating and stirring ..and adding salt the emulsion went away compleatly...

Then i added 100 grams of lye to 100 grams of bark..

When I added the lye.. just after the acid boil.. and it was still quite hot! before i added the lye ..but after adding the lye.. it was extreemly hot!!Twisted Evil

I couldent hold my hand on ther glass for more than half a second and it took over an hour to cool and was still pretty warm after that...

Then i added my napatha and didnt bother heating and colling ..[on first pull]..because it was already so hot!

My plan was to break down the cell walls by using the powerfull blender and a lot of heat. to force out the goodies..

Well...here is some photos of my first [un pulled] napatha pull and it looks pretty rich but a bit yellow...

Any one ever get this kind of color...
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC08306.JPG (2,323kb) downloaded 388 time(s).
DSC08312.JPG (2,668kb) downloaded 388 time(s).
DSC08317.JPG (2,939kb) downloaded 387 time(s).
DSC08319.JPG (2,659kb) downloaded 387 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DreaMTripper
#2 Posted : 2/28/2014 4:11:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe the heat used has pulled a large amount of impurities Ive never seen anyone pull anything that yellow, usually just a yellow tinge. Try a sodium carbonate wash to clean it up.

Kash
#3 Posted : 2/28/2014 4:30:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

That is a really strange color yellow orange for a naptha pull. And should normally be clear, not opaque. Either there is a bunch of fine suspended material in the naptha from using the blender or maybe some kind of soluble contaminants. It should be fine though. You can do a few carbonate wases on the naptha to see if it clears up and then just evaporate off the naptha to resin or crystals. Afterwards, you can do another A/B procedure on it or you may simply be able to redissolve residue in naptha and filter/siphon off any impurities(The naptha will redissolve the spice and hopefully leave the gunk behind). Good luck! Thumbs up
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

TxRx
#4 Posted : 2/28/2014 4:44:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What sort of agitation did you do? It looks like there is undissolved material suspended in the naphtha (or it cooled and went gooey?). It might make sense to just dump this back into the basic container and wait for it to clarify.

starway6
#5 Posted : 2/28/2014 4:55:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are two factors here ..

First i blended the bark ..[extreemly fine]..

Then after taking it out of an acid boil ..[still hot]..i added 100 grams of lye and it even got hotter!.. very hot!

So yes ..i may have pulled more than usual from the bark ..

I know bark pulls can come out yellowish..but this stuff looks like orange juice...

Maybe i pulled some of the natural dye from the bark?

There should be DMT in it..I will probobly do a carbonate wash try to clean it up...

starway6
#6 Posted : 2/28/2014 5:03:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TxRx wrote:
What sort of agitation did you do? It looks like there is undissolved material suspended in the naphtha (or it cooled and went gooey?). It might make sense to just dump this back into the basic container and wait for it to clarify.

On blender...I used Extreem agatation... ...i ran it through all the modes...listed on blender ...grate...beat...liqefy ...whip...fast clean...stir..puree...chop...blend..all on high speed...
I guess i wanted to break down the cell walls ..and added much heat...
maybe ill get orange crystals?Big grin

arcologist
#7 Posted : 2/28/2014 5:22:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should let your naphtha pull sit undisturbed for a few days, any suspended particles should settle out and stick to the bottom.

There is also the possibility that you just have really concentrated solvent (likely either way). I have gotten pulls of a similar color and opacity when using xylene to pull from a large amount of impure NMT/DMT mixture gotten from ACRB.

starway6
#8 Posted : 2/28/2014 5:33:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

arcologist wrote:
You should let your naphtha pull sit undisturbed for a few days, any suspended particles should settle out and stick to the bottom.

There is also the possibility that you just have really concentrated solvent (likely either way). I have gotten pulls of a similar color and opacity when using xylene to pull from a large amount of impure NMT/DMT mixture gotten from ACRB.

Ok here is photos of napatha pull after adding water and sodium carbonate after shaking it and letting it seperate...
Should my napatha be on top or bottom?
DSC08327.JPG (2,210kb) downloaded 365 time(s).
DSC08329.JPG (2,386kb) downloaded 364 time(s).
DSC08330.JPG (2,369kb) downloaded 361 time(s).
DSC08338.JPG (2,581kb) downloaded 357 time(s).
DSC08337.JPG (2,229kb) downloaded 355 time(s).

ymer
#9 Posted : 2/28/2014 6:19:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your naphtha is the top layer.

starway6
#10 Posted : 2/28/2014 3:46:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here is carbonate wash after sitting overnight....
DSC08343.JPG (2,468kb) downloaded 330 time(s).
DSC08344.JPG (2,564kb) downloaded 329 time(s).

ymer
#11 Posted : 2/28/2014 3:49:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After the cleanup your naphtha looks just like my Xylene pulls Big grin

Kash
#12 Posted : 2/28/2014 11:59:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There ya go, looking much more like it should.Thumbs up
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Du57mi73
#13 Posted : 3/1/2014 12:27:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I anticipate that if you do end up trying to freeze this or evaporate off the naptha(which you shouldn't do) that it will have sodium carbonate water droplets all throughout. Even now that youve done the soda carb wash, you should now seperate off the naptha and still let it sit in a jar for a good 2 days to let all the water droplets drop out of the naptha. Pour it off and use it. Itll be good and cleaned up.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

starway6
#14 Posted : 3/1/2014 1:05:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I seperated off the cleaned napatha with a pipette..

Look at photos below ...after putting sealed jar of cleaned napatha buried in ice because

my freezer isnt getting very cold..

Notice in photos.. [buried in ice 5 hours so far]..how a thick looking creamy acumalation is falling on to bottom of jar...

This has happened to me before from using ice to cool off the napatha...

Once this hapened in past and ..[after sitting over night in ice]..

I carefully removed the cleaner looking napatha without jarring jar leaving the creamy looking stuff in bottom of jar..

Then i turned the jar a little downwards draining off the rest of napatha and fan dryed the creamy stuff...

After scraping i got was what looked white flakes or crystals...

This may be hapening again if the cream keeps dropping to the bottom of jar!

I will know by morning if this is hapening again... It could be because its oversaturated??
Has anyone seen this before?
DSC08355.JPG (2,695kb) downloaded 304 time(s).
DSC08353.JPG (2,422kb) downloaded 298 time(s).
DSC08351.JPG (2,195kb) downloaded 298 time(s).

Kash
#15 Posted : 3/1/2014 2:45:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would just evaporate all of it and then redissolve the residue in naptha, leaving much garbage behind. That will eliminate any suspended water, carbonate, and some oil impurities. You will obtain a much cleaner extract which can then be evaporated down to half volume and then freeze precipitated. Good spice that way.

starway6
#16 Posted : 3/1/2014 3:40:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
I would just evaporate all of it and then redissolve the residue in naptha, leaving much garbage behind. That will eliminate any suspended water, carbonate, and some oil impurities. You will obtain a much cleaner extract which can then be evaporated down to half volume and then freeze precipitated. Good spice that way.

Im not so shure this stuff is garbage?...because its only visible when you drop the temperature and it falls to the bottom like a crystal sluge...

If i kept the jar at room temp this stuff would not be visable at all..its the drop in temperature that causes this,,, it acts similar to dmt in early stage crystalization...

After doing the carbonate wash the carbonate should be in the water that was thrown away..

This is only a small jar without much space for crystals to spred out so they would just drop to the bottom and pile up...

There should be dmt in this solvent for shure...

mailorderdiety
#17 Posted : 3/1/2014 3:51:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway i ran into this problem one time when i added the lye while still super hot. now i just let it cool before adding it and the chemical reaction do the work rather than a thermal one. my naphtha pulls turned bright burgundy on mhrb.

Kash
#18 Posted : 3/2/2014 6:19:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats not what I'm saying starway. Of course there is dmt in it, but much of the "garbage" impurities will be left behind and will give you a better end product...

starway6
#19 Posted : 3/3/2014 12:13:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
Thats not what I'm saying starway. Of course there is dmt in it, but much of the "garbage" impurities will be left behind and will give you a better end product...

Your right..Thumbs up
Crystals are more pure..crystals are just more work to acheive with acacia and a defective freezer..
Still acacia crystals are posible at room temp..
I tryed the stuff tat fell to bottom of jar and it was not too good.. although it smelled like DMT...
Photos of the stuff below...
DSC08355.JPG (2,695kb) downloaded 233 time(s).
DSC08364.JPG (2,596kb) downloaded 231 time(s).
DSC08367.JPG (2,994kb) downloaded 228 time(s).

starway6
#20 Posted : 3/3/2014 2:18:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Finaly..!DMT milk!
After putting contents in 3 smaller jars and adding more lye and salt ..I may have a better pull..it looks very milky ..all the strong yellow gone...looks like two thirds of a cup...
DSC08380.JPG (2,096kb) downloaded 218 time(s).
DSC08384.JPG (2,524kb) downloaded 217 time(s).

12NEXT