We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Substances that facilitate lucid dreaming – A Case Study Options

Tyler_Trismegistus
#41 Posted : 7/8/2014 11:12:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw that SKA posted about CES and since I've had mine for a few months I figured I'd post from experience Smile its expensive, but absolutely worth it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Wax
#42 Posted : 7/8/2014 8:05:51 PM

LUVR

I'm going to add a couple more to the list that I haven't seen but have had luck with myself.

I never had any luck with any of the common onieric substances except melatonin, no luck with kirkii either...Sad Although I have had great success with Bacopa Monnierri. It seems to allow me to remember dreams much more clearly and the dreams become long and linear instead of fragmented. I really noticed the effect Bacopa had when I was smoking cannabis daily; normally I won't dream at all if I am using cannabis, but after taking Bacopa I can smoke and still dream.

Another substance with which I've had success is DMAE, I assume it works similar to choline but I have never tried choline so I can't compare the two. Seems to promote vividness in the dreams.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Tyler_Trismegistus
#43 Posted : 7/9/2014 10:45:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea DMAE is good too. I take a supplement called dream boost with that in it. I need all the recall help I can get with my cannabis habit Razz

Bancopuma
#44 Posted : 7/9/2014 11:16:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Tyler, I hadn't heard of a SOTA bio tuner BT8 before you mentioned it, your glowing review really caught my interest and I've been researching it...I'm certainly intrigued.

Tried the same mindfulness/binaurals/kirkii & capensis regimen last night...was a later night this time though...and while dreams were definitely experienced I couldn't remember any details on waking to write any down. So results so far are inconsistent, has only been two nights though, but will keep at it, could be that I was a little REM deprived from the poor sleep I had two nights prior, and this maybe synergised particularly well with the other things.

Tyler_Trismegistus
#45 Posted : 7/9/2014 11:28:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My moms hollistic doctor tools her to get me one when she told him I was going through heroin addiction. My girlfriend is in a horrible psychological state right now and its already helped her in three days. It is very expensive but I promise you its worth it.

Tyler_Trismegistus
#46 Posted : 7/9/2014 11:29:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I might try to take a break from pot to work on lucid dreaming and astral projection a little bit too. I used to practice projection every morning and have only had one success where I floated around my room.

Ufostrahlen
#47 Posted : 8/17/2014 3:54:20 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Another Thomas Yuschak paper:

9Hz Bursts Correspond to Lucidity

And snapshots of his old website advancedld.com:

https://web.archive.org/...om/page/page/3838413.htm
https://web.archive.org/...dvancedld.com/index.html
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

OneStepBeyond
#48 Posted : 3/1/2015 7:40:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know this is kind of an old thread, but it's still on the first page, so I say it's fair game.Smile

Has anyone else noticed the effect of nicotine patches on dreaming? I've used them during a couple of periods in my life while I attempted to quit smoking cigarettes, and they did the job, I haven't smoked in over 5 years now.

Anyway, when I was on the patches I noticed repeated instances of extremely vibrant, realistic and often lucid dreams. I'd experienced lucid dreams before this, and I have always had some interest in them, but I wasn't very "good at them" and could only stay lucid for what felt like maybe 10-20 seconds before I'd wake up. With the patches though, these instances lasted much longer and were much more frequent, going from maybe a few times a year to every other night or so.

The dreams were also extremely vivid and convincing, often remaining with me throughout the day. Have you ever been in love with and can't stop thinking about a woman who exists only in your dreams. I have. I couldn't wait to get back home that day so that I could try to get back to that dream, but I was never able to. Crying or very sad . Not that I remember anyway

Anyway, I know it' not exactly the healthiest way to do it, but it's relatively harmless for occasional use and (at least in my experience) it's extremely effective. It's even listed as one of the official side effects.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Ufostrahlen
#49 Posted : 3/1/2015 9:15:28 PM

Well, I tried them, but I felt sweaty and overstimulated when using them (nonsmoker here).
They are also expensive and rather unhealthy. And they didn't really work.

Galantamine is a better solution and a new Galantamine supplier popped up recently in Europe: http://vividream.co.uk/
DMAE UK supplier: http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/dmae-powder.html

But what I learned from taking loads of supplements for lucid dreaming: they won't do the job for you, it's only a supplement. No practice, no lucid dreaming. Just popping some supplements ended up in disappointment and less EURs in my wallet.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

mrwiggle
#50 Posted : 3/15/2015 6:42:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

theres a lot of lingo on this thread that i dont follow, but i wanted to throw my 2 cents in. basicly i never had an especially strong dream experience that was related to ingestion of herbs and things. until i tried a dermal application ( salve with extracted herbs) of bergmansia(sp?) family plants, ie. for those that dont know thats things like datura. this did not get me high or make me trip in any way, but it did produce the most vivid and lucid dream states, ussually i will only recall a few scenes from dream sequences but in this circumstance it seemed like the whole nights stories were in my recall.
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

amandanita
#51 Posted : 6/16/2015 9:44:03 AM

Love, love love love

anrchy wrote:
Ufostrahlen wrote:
SpartanII wrote:
Nice find, Ufostrahlen! I have his first book, Advanced Lucid Dreaming, The Power of Supplements. Good stuff.Thumbs up

I was also puzzled to find a more recent work from TY as he somehow vanished from the scene. Moreover I was glad to find out that I'm not the only one, who doesn't get effects from HupA. Saved me some bucks that I can now invest into the AA blend.

Btw, all credits go to www.klartraum-wiki.de/wiki/Substanzen which I browsed yesterday.

They also mention:

Quote:

Effects of pyridoxine on dreaming: a preliminary study.

The effect of pyridoxine (Vitamin B-6) on dreaming was investigated in a placebo, double-blind study to examine various claims that Vitamin B-6 increases dream vividness or the ability to recall dreams. 12 college students participated in all three treatment conditions, each of which involved ingesting either 100 mg B-6, 250 mg B-6, or a placebo prior to bedtime for a period of five consecutive days. The treatment conditions were completely counterbalanced and a two-day wash-out period occurred between the three five-day treatment blocks. Morning self-reports indicated a significant difference in dream-salience scores (this is a composite score containing measures on vividness, bizarreness, emotionality, and color) between the 250-mg condition and placebo over the first three days of each treatment. The data for dream salience suggests that Vitamin B-6 may act by increasing cortical arousal during periods of rapid eve movement (REM) sleep. An hypothesis is presented involving the role of B-6 in the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin. However, this first study needs to be replicated using the same procedures and also demonstrated in a sleep laboratory before the results can be considered certain.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11883552

I'm going to check that out as well.

So I have been having a difficult time remembering my dreams for quite some time now. Last night I decided to take some vit B6 after having read this thread the other day. Guess what. I had almost my usually normal dream depth that I used to have. Strong, realistic, full color, looooong, emotional... ect ect.

I had taken 1 - 200mg Pyridoxine Hydrochloride timed release tablet about 20 minutes before bed. I am going to continue the rest of this week doing the same. Then possibly upping my dose next week. Anyone know of the dose range of B6? Like how much is too much?

On nothing but b6? I "don't remember" my dreams to the point that each and every morning is like a new birth. I wake up without emotion, with a pulse of 50, with no thoughts. I would really like to dream again if it's possible.

I have access to propranolol and I have plenty of b vitamin supplements (including b6). I also have cigarettes. Reading the thread, do you think I could get a stronger effect than b6 alone if I took b6 and propranolol and smoked a cigarette before bed?
O Immortal, O Soma
Pavamana, Word of God
In flesh and living blood
Resurrected fruit of the Tree of life

amandanita
#52 Posted : 6/16/2015 9:49:18 AM

Love, love love love

Ufostrahlen wrote:
Well, I tried them, but I felt sweaty and overstimulated when using them (nonsmoker here).
They are also expensive and rather unhealthy. And they didn't really work.

Galantamine is a better solution and a new Galantamine supplier popped up recently in Europe: http://vividream.co.uk/
DMAE UK supplier: http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/dmae-powder.html

But what I learned from taking loads of supplements for lucid dreaming: they won't do the job for you, it's only a supplement. No practice, no lucid dreaming. Just popping some supplements ended up in disappointment and less EURs in my wallet.

At one point in my life, I was unable to have a non-lucid dream. I tried! I wished for my dreams to STOP being lucid Very happy Since then I've been wary of trying lucid dreaming again. This time I'm ready. Given that previous experience, I'm pretty sure getting into lucid dreaming again would be effortless... If only I could get into dreaming of any kind first.
O Immortal, O Soma
Pavamana, Word of God

Ufostrahlen
#53 Posted : 6/16/2015 4:55:25 PM

amandanita wrote:
At one point in my life, I was unable to have a non-lucid dream. I tried! I wished for my dreams to STOP being lucid Very happy Since then I've been wary of trying lucid dreaming again. This time I'm ready. Given that previous experience, I'm pretty sure getting into lucid dreaming again would be effortless... If only I could get into dreaming of any kind first.

Are you smoking cannabis? Afaik, everybody dreams, but not everyone remembers or is aware. 420 is a dream killer, try DMAE (cheap) or galantamine (expensive) for a better dream recall, stop 420 if you indulge and keep a dream journal. Daily meditation is said to facilitate lucid dreams & OBEs as well.
If you are weird as me, try to sleep 3-4 sleep cycles á 90min, then wake up, pop 400-600 mgs of ibuprofen and go to bed immediately. Near lucidity/weird dreams guaranteed (if you are me). Ibu seems to have an effect on the REM phase.

amandanita
#54 Posted : 6/16/2015 5:08:53 PM

Love, love love love

Ufostrahlen wrote:
amandanita wrote:

Are you smoking cannabis? Afaik, everybody dreams, but not everyone remembers or is aware. 420 is a dream killer, try DMAE (cheap) or galantamine (expensive) for a better dream recall, stop 420 if you indulge and keep a dream journal. Daily meditation is said to facilitate lucid dreams & OBEs as well.
If you are weird as me, try to sleep 3-4 sleep cycles á 90min, then wake up, pop 400-600 mgs of ibuprofen and go to bed immediately. Near lucidity/weird dreams guaranteed (if you are me). Ibu seems to have an effect on the REM phase.

ibuprofen doesn't work for me for pain or anything else. it has no effect. i'm not smoking cannabis, I don't drink alcohol and I quit smoking cigarettes just today. besides coffee/tea, I don't take anything mind-altering. I've only taken psychedelics once this year (LSA)

I know everyone moves their eyes rapidly at some point every night. i don't know if everyone actually dreams. i'm almost convinced i don't dream, there's nothing to suggest that I am. my dreaming has always been a little weird. even when I saw dreams, they were often strange and not in the ways you'd think. for example, here's my first and only lucid dreaming experience...
O Immortal, O Soma
Pavamana, Word of God

Ufostrahlen
#55 Posted : 6/16/2015 5:49:44 PM

amandanita wrote:
I know everyone moves their eyes rapidly at some point every night. i don't know if everyone actually dreams. i'm almost convinced i don't dream, there's nothing to suggest that I am. my dreaming has always been a little weird. even when I saw dreams, they were often strange and not in the ways you'd think. for example, here's my first and only lucid dreaming experience...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everybody dreams. I don't know the exact source, but I think Stephen LaBerge said it.

Quote:
Stephen LaBerge (born 1947) is a psychophysiologist and a leader in the scientific study of lucid dreaming. In 1967 he received his Bachelor's Degree in mathematics. He began researching lucid dreaming for his Ph.D. in Psychophysiology at Stanford University, which he received in 1980.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_LaBerge

Good talk by him:

His book "LaBerge, Stephen; Rheingold, Howard (1990). Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming." is available on the Nexus:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...f%20Lucid%20Dreaming.pdf

Better consult his works, I'm a noob, still trying to enter this state.

Ufostrahlen
#56 Posted : 6/16/2015 6:07:24 PM

amandanita wrote:
I have access to propranolol and I have plenty of b vitamin supplements (including b6). I also have cigarettes. Reading the thread, do you think I could get a stronger effect than b6 alone if I took b6 and propranolol and smoked a cigarette before bed?

fixed the link in the first post.

Quote:
[PDF]Substances that facilitate lucid dreaming - KeyChests:
https://keychests.com/mo...aveas.php?dl=hvtbrgypdjm

6. Propranolol (Pr)
Propranolol is a prescription drug characterized as a non-selective adrenergic beta
blocking substance. It is typically used for the treatment of hypertension,
migraines, and stage fright. Propranolol is classified as a lipophilic drug and can
easily penetrate the blood brain barrier. It has also been shown to significantly
inhibit the secretion of melatonin from the pineal gland at low doses (10 - 40mg)
[4] and can lead to depletion of catecholamines within the brain if large or chronic
doses are used [8]. The dosage of propranolol used for all tests supporting this
paper was 40mg.

Experimental Investigation – Test Subject
A male, 40 years old, experienced in the techniques of lucid dreaming, was used
for this analysis. The subject was well accustomed to using supplements, under controlled
conditions, for the purpose of lucid dream induction. The subject has no reported
illnesses (mental or physical) or history of illness. The subject does not smoke and
abstained from drinking alcohol for a period of at least 6 hours prior to each experiment.

Experimental Investigation – Method
On each experimental night, the subject slept naturally for approximately 3.5 to
4.5 hours before the testing period. The subject was awakened and then ingested the
prescribed supplements for that night’s test along with approximately 6oz of water. The
subject then immediately returned to bed and targeted falling to sleep approximately 45
minutes after the ingestion of the supplements. He reported the results by filling out a
detailed questionnaire the following morning which included rankings on dream
vividness, recall, lucidity, quality of sleep, and so on. The results were then compiled at
the end of the study.

Galantamine resulted in lucid dreams when used either alone or in combination
with nicotine. When galantamine was combined with propranolol, a significantly higher
success rate was reported.

Bupropion and propranolol both resulted in a small increase in odds of becoming
lucid when used individually.

A 100% success rate was noted
for the amino acid blend as well as the galantamine/propranolol combination. See Table 1
for a complete a summary of results.

amandanita
#57 Posted : 6/17/2015 1:26:57 AM

Love, love love love

Ufostrahlen wrote:
amandanita wrote:

fixed the link in the first post.

Quote:
[PDF]Substances that facilitate lucid dreaming - KeyChests:
https://keychests.com/mo...aveas.php?dl=hvtbrgypdjm

6. Propranolol (Pr)
Propranolol is a prescription drug characterized as a non-selective adrenergic beta
blocking substance. It is typically used for the treatment of hypertension,
migraines, and stage fright. Propranolol is classified as a lipophilic drug and can
easily penetrate the blood brain barrier. It has also been shown to significantly
inhibit the secretion of melatonin from the pineal gland at low doses (10 - 40mg)
[4] and can lead to depletion of catecholamines within the brain if large or chronic
doses are used [8]. The dosage of propranolol used for all tests supporting this
paper was 40mg.

Experimental Investigation – Test Subject
A male, 40 years old, experienced in the techniques of lucid dreaming, was used
for this analysis. The subject was well accustomed to using supplements, under controlled
conditions, for the purpose of lucid dream induction. The subject has no reported
illnesses (mental or physical) or history of illness. The subject does not smoke and
abstained from drinking alcohol for a period of at least 6 hours prior to each experiment.

Experimental Investigation – Method
On each experimental night, the subject slept naturally for approximately 3.5 to
4.5 hours before the testing period. The subject was awakened and then ingested the
prescribed supplements for that night’s test along with approximately 6oz of water. The
subject then immediately returned to bed and targeted falling to sleep approximately 45
minutes after the ingestion of the supplements. He reported the results by filling out a
detailed questionnaire the following morning which included rankings on dream
vividness, recall, lucidity, quality of sleep, and so on. The results were then compiled at
the end of the study.

Galantamine resulted in lucid dreams when used either alone or in combination
with nicotine. When galantamine was combined with propranolol, a significantly higher
success rate was reported.

Bupropion and propranolol both resulted in a small increase in odds of becoming
lucid when used individually.

A 100% success rate was noted
for the amino acid blend as well as the galantamine/propranolol combination. See Table 1
for a complete a summary of results.

Okay, thank you Smile Ps you may be right... I just had my first dream (that I can remember having) I can only remember the last moments but... It's progress?
O Immortal, O Soma
Pavamana, Word of God

Ufostrahlen
#58 Posted : 6/23/2015 9:13:31 PM

Quote:
It's progress?

It is...

For the guys who want to experiment with low doses of 5HT2A agonists (aka hallucinogens aka Drugs in the LSD family Pleased - don't break the law! Big grin ) and lucid dreaming:

Quote from the Lucidity Institute (LaBerge et al.)

Quote:
Drugs in the LSD family, including psilocybin and tryptamines actually stimulate REM sleep (in doses small enough to allow sleep), leading to longer REM periods. We do not recommend the use of drugs without proper guidance nor do we urge the breaking of laws.

http://www.lucidity.com/...dDreamingFAQ2.html#drugs

Extract from Rapid Eye Movement Sleep: Regulation and Function (see attachment)

Quote:
Physiological recordings like electroencephalograms (EEG) have shown that lucid dreams begin in the Rapid Eye Movement (REM) stage of sleep.[35] In fact, multiple studies led by LaBerge have only shown lucid dreams to occur in the REM stage.

https://en.wikipedia.org...nd_clinical_applications

Quote:
* High-amplitude bursts of low-frequency/theta activity have also been recorded in the human hippocampus in rapid eye movement (REM) sleep (Brazier, 1968; Freemon and Walter, 1970; Giaquinto, 1973; Moiseeva and Aleksanyan, 1976; Mann et al., 1997; Yu et al., 1997; Bódizs et al., 2001; Cantero et al., 2003) and LSD given to humans immediately prior to (Toyoda, 1964; Muzio et al., 1966) or during sleep (Torda, 1968) has been shown to promote REM sleep and dreaming.

* The overlapping phenomenology of REM sleep, early and acute psychosis, the temporal lobe aura and the hallucinogenic drug state.

* LSD given immediately prior to or during sleep promotes REM sleep.

http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/133/4/1265

Ufostrahlen attached the following image(s):
rem_sero.png (292kb) downloaded 97 time(s).

Ufostrahlen
#59 Posted : 4/5/2016 6:20:02 AM

Mr. Yuschak is right, Bupropion has indeed an effect on (lucid) dreaming. It was my 2nd day on this substance (150 mg time-released in the morning) and I took 3 mg of Melatonin in the evening. The dreams were unusually detailed. This needs to be more researched, however the amphetamine structure of Bupropion isn't very nice on the cardio system (like a Red Bull, but I can't constantly drink it as well).

Nicotinic receptor subtypes in rat hippocampal slices are differentially sensitive to desensitization and early in vivo functional up-regulation by nicotine and to block by bupropion.

For the record, Doxylamine (OTC) is effective on dreams as well. Very vivid. It's an antagonist of the Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor M1.

http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00366

PREV123