We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Please double-check my ayahuasca recipe. Options

downwardsfromzero
#21 Posted : 2/12/2014 4:49:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Posting cross-back, because, as you may know, we've been effectively discussing the same thing in two places simultaneously (both via hijack!)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nabster98
#22 Posted : 9/9/2015 6:23:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How many times must we see posts totally ruined because someone calls something ayahuasca.
Disclaimer: I am merely a figment of your imagination. I lurk between the deepest crevices of your mind, seeking distortions. I am consciousness, all that it true and pure. For I am no human being, I am a observatory tourist of all that is life. Everything I say is nothing but a just rationalization of what I say, although none are true events. Everything is changing, a constant loop, as am I

Nitegazer
#23 Posted : 9/9/2015 8:55:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Back to the OP---

primordium wrote:
I am simmering 40g of ACRB and will later be simmering 8g of Syrian Rue (both of these ingredients will be halved for two doses).

As others have mentioned here, 20g of typical bark could be a heavy trip with just minimal MOA inhibition. The potency of bark can vary significantly, too.

4g of rue can also be a heavy dose (3g is a typical dosage), as the harmala content of the seed reportedly varies considerably from season to season.

If this is a first time with these ingredients, I would recommend you either reduce the dosage a bit, or drink half, wait 30 minutes and then take the rest-- in case the first dose hits you for more than you expect.

On the other hand, if you find you and your friend require more than typical levels of DMT to achieve the desired affects, the dosage may be fine. IME, I prefer to have a mild experience to work up from than have something that's too strong and have to dial down. Heck, I prefer the control pharma gives me for this reason.

primordium wrote:
When I simmer, even at a low temperature, there is heavy evaporation. I should just be adding water, right?

Yep. Some folks do without any acid when boiling.

primordium wrote:
Instead of 3 hours for the ACRB for 3 times, I will be doing 2 hours each of the 3 times; I know this is not optimal, but it should cut it, right?

Gilbran noted that about 83% of available alkaloids in caapi were released after two hours. How Much Boiling of Caapi is Really Needed

I know you aren't working with Caapi, but I would imagine 6 hours of boiling should serve you well. That is, unless you are working with bigger bark chunks.

primordium wrote:
For the Syrian Rue, I don't need to powderize or otherwise crush the seeds, right? I plan to just going to simmer them for about an hour or so. Sound good?

Whole seeds should work. IMO, working with whole seeds makes the process less predictable, so despite the challenge of filtering, I would opt for crushing. I haven't worked with Rue yet, but plan to, and this thread indicates that it may be easier to work with the seeds crushed rather than powdered:
Harmalas extraction-syrian rue

Best of luck. Report back with your results!

PREV12