We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
discovered Acacia extraction releases its DMT very slowly! Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 2/2/2014 3:16:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently..I have found that acacia seems to release its dmt very slowly ..
..durring extraction..taking up to 10 or more napatha pulls!

The usual rule with momosa says 3 or 4 napatha pulls and its spent...

I must have thrown away a lot of ..[dmt rich base].over the past weeks and months. thinking that 3 or 4 pulls is all it has?..live and learn!]

I think this.. [3 to 4 pulls]..goes for mimosa but not acacia..

Im on my 7th or 8th napatha pull from 220 grams of acacia bark powder..and im still getting DMT!

now..Im getting about 200mgs of very strong smelling dmt on each pull ..

I even suspect that these later pulls may be more dmt pure that the earlyer pulls..

I vaped just a very small amount today and it almost knocked my head off ..came close to breaking through...[something i havent done yet on spice]

Although a little more gentle on initial comeup ..This acacia felt every bit as intense as mimosa cam feel it vaped right...
I am so surprised at the extra pulls im getting with acacia and it surprising effectivness!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Du57mi73
#2 Posted : 2/2/2014 6:22:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

People think that their soup is spent after they let it sit a few hours and do a few pulls, and dont yield anything else.. But that is far from the truth. Just because the naptha isnt pulling it at that moment, doesnt mean it isnt there. I set up an experiment(using mimosa) to see how much dmt was left after doing pulls and how much dmt was extracted at specific times. It went like this:

3 jars were prepared, each with 100g mhrb. One as a control, the other 2 for testing.
Jar 1 - Pulls were done on the first jar immediately after basing. I did 3 pulls of 200ml heated naptha. First 2 pulls yeilded 1.35g, 3rd pull yielded and insignificant amount of anything. After letting it sit a week i did another 200ml pull, yielding about .1g. 4 weeks after initial preparation another 200ml pull was done. Last pull yielding .3g. about 1.75g.
Jar 2 - This jar was let sit for 2 weeks before anything was done to it. 4 pulls of 200ml heated naptha were added. First 3 pulls yeilding a total of 1.62g. 4th pull was insignificant. 2 weeks later, another pull of 200ml naptha was done. This one yielding .3g. Totalling about 1.9g
Jar 3 - This was my control. I let this one sit the entire 4 weeks. After 4 weeks i started doing pulls. That one ended up yeilding 1.85g.

So as you can see, it is beneficial to let your jars sit for atleast a month. I never do pulls before the one month mark these days. Its wasteful. Consider if i had been only pulling directly after basing and then dumping my soup out after that every time. I would have wasted .3g every time, ATLEAST. People say to leave it sit for a week after initial pulls to grab a little more. My suggestion, dont even START pulling until its been sitting a month.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

endlessness
#3 Posted : 2/2/2014 10:28:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How finely powdered was the acacia and how well/thoroughly did you mix the pulls?

I`m wondering if it might have to do with larger pieces of acacia with less surface area exposed, or pulls that weren`t thorough enough.

In any case thanks for sharing the info Smile

HumbleTraveler
#4 Posted : 2/3/2014 1:23:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive never gotten much of anything past my 4th or 5th pull on acacia, 50g of bark using 50ml of naphtha. The first and second are always the strongest, the 3rd is weak, and after that Im just wasting my time. I once even waited an extra day to do a 4th and 5th pull thinking maybe I would get lucky, and all I got was heavy oil/fats. I stick to 3. Confused
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Du57mi73
#5 Posted : 2/3/2014 2:53:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HumbleTraveler wrote:
Ive never gotten much of anything past my 4th or 5th pull on acacia, 50g of bark using 50ml of naphtha. The first and second are always the strongest, the 3rd is weak, and after that Im just wasting my time. I once even waited an extra day to do a 4th and 5th pull thinking maybe I would get lucky, and all I got was heavy oil/fats. I stick to 3. Confused

Its not about how many pulls you do. Thats what i was explaining in my post. You can do the same amount of pulls, but if done after letting it sit longer then youre going to get a higher yield.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

starway6
#6 Posted : 2/3/2014 3:14:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One other factor i relized that i was using only about 30 or 40 mls of napatha on each acrb pull because i was using [220 grams] of fine acrb bark and the container was a half gallon apple juice bottel..this napatha was just enought to fill the narrow neck of the bottel..
I used it this way because it was easier to remove the napatha pull from base mix more acuratly with a pipette...

Others have told me i would have pulled more if i used more napatha?
I do agree that acrb has quite a lot of dmt in it...

further read my posts and see photos on nexus.......
find thread...[i know you feel strange..take the second hit]

Entheogenerator
#7 Posted : 2/3/2014 3:41:55 AM

Homo discens

Du57mi73 wrote:
People think that their soup is spent after they let it sit a few hours and do a few pulls, and dont yield anything else.. But that is far from the truth. Just because the naptha isnt pulling it at that moment, doesnt mean it isnt there. I set up an experiment(using mimosa) to see how much dmt was left after doing pulls and how much dmt was extracted at specific times. It went like this:

3 jars were prepared, each with 100g mhrb. One as a control, the other 2 for testing.
Jar 1 - Pulls were done on the first jar immediately after basing. I did 3 pulls of 200ml heated naptha. First 2 pulls yeilded 1.35g, 3rd pull yielded and insignificant amount of anything. After letting it sit a week i did another 200ml pull, yielding about .1g. 4 weeks after initial preparation another 200ml pull was done. Last pull yielding .3g. about 1.75g.
Jar 2 - This jar was let sit for 2 weeks before anything was done to it. 4 pulls of 200ml heated naptha were added. First 3 pulls yeilding a total of 1.62g. 4th pull was insignificant. 2 weeks later, another pull of 200ml naptha was done. This one yielding .3g. Totalling about 1.9g
Jar 3 - This was my control. I let this one sit the entire 4 weeks. After 4 weeks i started doing pulls. That one ended up yeilding 1.85g.

So as you can see, it is beneficial to let your jars sit for atleast a month. I never do pulls before the one month mark these days. Its wasteful. Consider if i had been only pulling directly after basing and then dumping my soup out after that every time. I would have wasted .3g every time, ATLEAST. People say to leave it sit for a week after initial pulls to grab a little more. My suggestion, dont even START pulling until its been sitting a month.

Were your yields from the three jars recrystallized? I feel like this would ensure the accuracy of your results. Mimosa definitely releases more DMT as it breaks down in basic solution over time, but it also releases more plant fats and oils and whatnot. So as pulls are done over an extended period of time, the percentage of the total yield that the impurities account for will increase.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

HumbleTraveler
#8 Posted : 2/3/2014 3:42:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh wow I missed that, a month eh? I'll definitely give it a go next time.

When letting the jar sit for a month, I take it you dont keep it heated the whole time haha, right?

Just let it sit aside, and then add heated naphtha to pull when the time is right? And all of the pulls are done within the same hour or so span?

I actually jsut remembered I have a jar sitting next to me that I extracted 2 months ago and just let sit hahah, Im gonna try now.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Entheogenerator
#9 Posted : 2/3/2014 5:27:24 AM

Homo discens

HumbleTraveler wrote:
Oh wow I missed that, a month eh? I'll definitely give it a go next time.

When letting the jar sit for a month, I take it you dont keep it heated the whole time haha, right?

Just let it sit aside, and then add heated naphtha to pull when the time is right? And all of the pulls are done within the same hour or so span?

I actually jsut remembered I have a jar sitting next to me that I extracted 2 months ago and just let sit hahah, Im gonna try now.

The naphtha could be left in for the whole month then heated and agitated for a while before separating when the month is up, or it could be added at the end of the month. I don't see any reason that it would make a difference.
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

User1911
#10 Posted : 2/3/2014 2:01:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Using 30-40 ml will conserve your naptha , but its also very little and will only hold so much molecules leading you to perform more pulls. If you don't have a solvent supply issue then I say go big on the first two pulls if your container can hold it, about 100-150 ml naptha. On the 3rd and 4th go low down to 40-50 to see what comes out. After that it is a good idea to let it sit for as long as possible at least 9-10 days but if you can go a month, do that and do one or two 40-50 ml pulls and see what surfaces.

starway6
#11 Posted : 2/3/2014 5:13:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Waiting longer may indeed produce more product..
The next extraction i do im going to use more napatha reducing extraction time ..[i hope]
My plan it to use more napatha and save all napatha pulls in one jar keep adding pulls till ive depleated the bark..
Then reduce total napatha pulls causing an oversaturation in the jar..
Then preoducing crystals should be easy by simply letting oversaturated napatha sit overnight at room temperature or slightly below room temp..
Because of oversaturation crystals should easily form in jar.. after sitting 15 hours overnight..
Ive done this before with acrb .and will send photo of my crystals..
Freezing temps are not nessasery for acrb crystals in my experiance...
Ive done it this way without defatting to get snow white crystals..
I tryed this this time only to give up and just evaporate everything..probibly because i did not have an oversaturation of solvent condition..
Ill put photos below of acrb crystals i got at room temp...if in can find them..
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC07793.JPG (3,244kb) downloaded 497 time(s).
DSC07791.JPG (3,067kb) downloaded 494 time(s).
DSC07794.JPG (2,559kb) downloaded 492 time(s).

Entheogenerator
#12 Posted : 2/3/2014 9:47:38 PM

Homo discens

starway6 wrote:
Waiting longer may indeed produce more product..
The next extraction i do im going to use more napatha reducing extraction time ..[i hope]
My plan it to use more napatha and save all napatha pulls in one jar keep adding pulls till ive depleated the bark..
Then reduce total napatha pulls causing an oversaturation in the jar..
Then preoducing crystals should be easy by simply letting oversaturated napatha sit overnight at room temperature or slightly below room temp..
Because of oversaturation crystals should easily form in jar.. after sitting 15 hours overnight..
Ive done this before with acrb .and will send photo of my crystals..
Freezing temps are not nessasery for acrb crystals in my experiance...
Ive done it this way without defatting to get snow white crystals..
I tryed this this time only to give up and just evaporate everything..probibly because i did not have an oversaturation of solvent condition..
Ill put photos below of acrb crystals i got at room temp...if in can find them..

Leaving supersaturated naphtha to sit at room temperature overnight will definitely induce precipitation, but from my understanding it will still leave quite a bit of DMT dissolved in the solvent. Your best bet would be to leave supersaturated naphtha to sit out overnight at room temperature, then freeze for 12-24 hours to precipitate as much of the DMT as possible in large crystal clusters.

starway6
#13 Posted : 2/3/2014 11:08:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[/quote]
Leaving supersaturated naphtha to sit at room temperature overnight will definitely induce precipitation, but from my understanding it will still leave quite a bit of DMT dissolved in the solvent. Your best bet would be to leave supersaturated naphtha to sit out overnight at room temperature, then freeze for 12-24 hours to precipitate as much of the DMT as possible in large crystal clusters.[/quote]

Putting the un crystalized napatha in freezer sounds like a good plan ..
I just need to get my freezer fixed ..it doesnt get that cold...
The crystals in photos above were actually crystalized at lower than room temp..
I buried the sealed jar of saturated napatha in an ice chest full of ice overnight ..and these crystals formed above..[ice is what about 35 to 40 degrees?]
These crystals were very white /..but small crystals densly covering the jar..

I vaped a smaller amount of my acacia full spectrum today.. and
[unlike the larger more intense dose].. i posted about yesterday]..the experiance was very mellow much like an intense state of meditation with decent CEVs!
And strangly my lungs even feel better after acrb..vaporization maybe because of the moisture introduced into lungs?

HumbleTraveler
#14 Posted : 2/3/2014 11:58:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got a lot of...nothing haha Sad Oh well, it was worth a shot!

Smile

Du57mi73
#15 Posted : 2/4/2014 4:56:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Honestly, nowadays, i let sit for a month. I cycle 500ml heated naptha between 3 of my jars. Thoroughly shake the living daylights out of it. Let it settle till emulsion is gone(10 mins under heat). After i pull that i cycle 200ml of clean naptha through those 3 jars to grab anything leftover, that always comes out clear. I save that 200ml for my next set of jars. I evaporate down my 500ml to 300ml, i freeze that, collect the spice. Then add that 300ml back with my 200ml of clear naptha, equaling the 500ml that i start with. Smile essentially only needing 200ml of naptha to do 3 jars worth, which is an acceptable loss to me. Bassssically what im saying is, you dont even need to do more than 1 pull. My first pull always grabs everything.

Entheogenerator
#16 Posted : 2/4/2014 5:03:45 AM

Homo discens

HumbleTraveler wrote:
I got a lot of...nothing haha Sad Oh well, it was worth a shot!

Try again with an aromatic solvent and evap or salt out for some jungle spice! Thumbs up

Warrior
#17 Posted : 2/28/2014 4:37:30 PM

At Peace

I'm thinking there is some truth to the OP's observations. See my notes here.

woogyboogy
#18 Posted : 10/19/2016 10:10:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

quick question on this topic just to clear something up for me...

to use the benefits of letting the base soup sit for a month or so, one must not filter the bark after acid boiling, right?? Smile

Psilosopher?
#19 Posted : 10/19/2016 10:34:20 AM

Don't Panic

woogyboogy wrote:

to use the benefits of letting the base soup sit for a month or so, one must not filter the bark after acid boiling, right?? Smile

That depends on your bark.

With confusa, don't filter. I don't have any experience with Mimosa.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

woogyboogy
#20 Posted : 10/19/2016 4:27:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bodhisativa wrote:
woogyboogy wrote:

That depends on your bark.

With confusa, don't filter. I don't have any experience with Mimosa.

Thanks Bodhi! I am working with confusa.
Could you elaborate a bit more on your experience of leaving bark in vs not?

12NEXT