We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Ketamine to help with Depression Options

obliguhl
#21 Posted : 2/14/2014 12:50:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, i've recently learned that those with a genetic vulnerability can cope with major stressors perhaps a couple of times without running the risk of developing lifetime, chronic depression. But there is a point after which even the smallest event can trigger a depressive episode .. that seems to be the case with me.

I've lived a fairly normal story. Moved away at a critical point during my childhood, lost all friends, lots of physical and emotional abuse from students and teachers at the new school. Unable to make friends despite massive efforts, less support and more abuse from (mentally ill) family members...puberty crisis, failure to believe in god (he can't be that cruel so he does not exist), No girlfriend, first deep depressive episodes, shyness, anxiety finally at full force, psychosomatic illness + chronic pain as a result...now too whacked in the head to earn money, make friends do anything..can't finish degree, would not matter anywhow...everyone is going crazy because I "MUST BE better" (paraphrased by me) living at my parents home at 30...no perspectives but homelessness, friends losing interest some broke off contact...

I don't know, i think negativity has compounded over the years and there is less and less positive force holding against. Not that it would matter much....i hope it matters, but it is hard to believe so all efforts feel like self righteousness in disguise.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SHroomtroll
#22 Posted : 2/14/2014 2:46:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yikes man sounds like you just hit roadbump after roadbump in your life.
In your case i cant say i recomend doing any drugs to help since the risc of just saying fuck it and going into abuse seems like a big risc.

I can honestly say i had a similar childhood but was lucky to end my downward spiral in my teens when i started martial arts.

Confidence is a huge factor in general happiness in alot of cases, and im proud to say that alot of lost young kids been saved by them starting to train at our dojo.

Now im not saying youre a kid, but somewhere in your young life you probably had to shut down alot of emotions. Just to just survive all that crap people gave you and maybe its those feelings that is creeping back now when your older.

Dont take my word for it but ive gone through alot of childhood trauma myself and i see some similarites in our situations, the big difference being that i was lucky enough to have my sport to escape to.

Enoon
#23 Posted : 2/14/2014 4:14:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I don't know if this is helpful to you, but the two times I tried Ketamine (both k-hole doses) I found that it gave me the chance to look at my life from a perspective completely devoid of regular every-day emotions, including pain, fear, sorrow... All negativity was simply non-existant and I became detached from all things emotionally and mentally just as I became detached from my body and reality. This was very helpful for me at the time which was emotionally taxing and quite dark for me. It was helpful, because in the instances that I felt no pain, no self-pitty, no negativity, nothing, I was able to move internally, I was able to remember what it was to feel like me, rather than feeling all this stuff piled on to me. I was free and this freedom allowed me to heal a little bit and take a step towards permanent liberation from the darkness that plagued me at the time.

Now your situation sounds very different from mine, but perhaps this gives you an idea what Ketamine can do. All these things that you say are bringing you down or leading you to feel depressed - they won't go away with any kind of medication. All you can achieve with medication is altering the way you feel about it. If you no longer associate negative feelings to this and that, perhaps you'll find the energy to move in a positve direction even. Or a neutral one, which at least would be better than where you're at, it seems. K is certainly very different from psychedelics and thus offers a unique perspective which may or may not be beneficial to you. Perhaps a higher dose with less frequency of use could give you more conclusive information as to whether it is a path worth persuing or not.

Good luck.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Infectedstyle
#24 Posted : 2/14/2014 10:48:34 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
Noticed that Ketamine makes you tired, sounds like you need sleep. Loads of it.

Why would i need a lot of sleep? I already sleep 8-9 hours daily, sometimes 10. Nightmares demanding their time Wink

I tried noopept a while back and have not noticed any anti-depressant effects. It made me feel pretty ugly though...very anxious and tense.-..felt as if my thoughts would tear my brain apart...

Noopept did not remove my "depressed" state. It just made me aware of a negative thought/emotional pattern. On noopept i could become agressive. So in this way it helped me realize a serious flaw when i snapped at my mother. I guess it kind of implies that "Feeling ugly, anxious and tense" is a flaw. It is. Nobody deserved to have those kind of feelings.

Maybe sleep is not the right word. I just said it cus i took 4 grams of shrooms recently and got really really sleepy. And i get sleepy on a lot of drugs myself. It sounds like a chronic chemical inbalance. And it sounds like you are on the right direction in regaining this balance.

I just feel for you. That's why i suggested to try noopepet. I can relate a bit but i'm not depressed. I believe I can regain myself and grow into something better than I was before. I'd like the same for you. I believe all it takes is intergration of a few Traumas. Easier said than done but that is all it takes and everything will start looking up. A good start is accepting yourself as you are and taking caution not to believe what everyone else has to say about you. And last but not least. It helps not to belief what you think other people have to say about you. It does wonders for social anxiety.

Btw, I'm glad you feel like shit on Keta. This means there's a mechanism here that keeps you from becoming addicted. So glad. Sorry if i'm not that helpful, brothers. Just saying what's on my mind.

Ufostrahlen
#25 Posted : 2/15/2014 9:40:57 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

My idea (subjective POV):

Stay away from drugs (especially from addictive ones), seek professional help. It's gratis in Doucheland. Get the FULL treatment. If you can't stay away from mind-altering substances, well you know which one is the best .-) But discuss this with a professional. They've dedicated their lives to understand and help ppl like you.

Don't be concerned about living at home with 30 or finishing the degree. Become a long-term student and do it Italian style. 35 and living at home? Nessun problema! Instead, take the advantages of your situation to combat your depression: let the state pay for your excellent education (you know how much it costs in the US) and just be concerned about how to get out of depression: with the help of a pro, regular exercise and good nutrition.

Do sports on a regular basis, preferably a testosterone-fueled one. Weightlifting & martial arts seem to be the answer. It's all about self-confidence. But you need to earn it, nobody will hand it on a silver platter for you. Only then the magic will appear.

Gute Besserung.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

obliguhl
#26 Posted : 2/19/2014 11:18:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@Shroomtroll
Quote:
somewhere in your young life you probably had to shut down alot of emotions

Very true. At one point, i simply refused to feel anything. I tried to be a robot for years on end. While everyone around me socialized, i was trapped in a tin body and tin mind...a self made prison.

Funny enough, but i actually started martial arts as a kid but i never moved to a more advanced group and got dissapointed and bored with it. Most people i know who are doing fine now found a community of some sort along the way...and a hobby that got them deeply invested, if just for a while. I guess it helps with confidence. I don't know, if you are just "pacing around" life becomes indeed meaningless. Sure i can do a lot of things for myself and whatnot...but it's about being in a collective illusion of some sorts.

Quote:
In your case i cant say i recomend doing any drugs to help since the risc of just saying fuck it and going into abuse seems like a big risc.

To be honest, i have really thought about just becoming a heroin addict or something, just to squeeze the last bits of pleasure out of this life.

Feels good to be understood, thanks shroomtroll!

@Enoon
I might try a full dose some day, but i got no safe place to do it hence my interest in more subtle drugs to help with depression. I kinda hate to reduce psychedelics to the status of anti-depressive drugs but they do help in this regard...or can help.

@InfectedStyle

Quote:
Sorry if i'm not that helpful, brothers. Just saying what's on my mind.

On the contrary, your words have touched me and i understand your reason for advocating noopept much better now. IT seems that it really fits to help this particular problem you were dealing with Smile

@Ufostrahlen
Danke, good advice but there is so much pressure now i can't really focus on my "issues". Living at home is part of the problem, a big part of the problem but there is no solution in sight. It's a lot about dependency...i have very little self-efficacy, something that only develops through success:

Quote:
. But you need to earn it, nobody will hand it on a silver platter for you. Only then the magic will appear.

I don't really know what success feels like...

I would have to start somewhere at age 14, in the "teenage sandbox" so to speak. But the demands of the world have grown....that's quite deadly for someone that out of sync.

Psychedelics are very helpful, therapy is n ot an option due to social anxiety...

Well, now this thread is about me again. I guess it would be best to get back ontopic, so this thread stays interesting for other readers...

No Knowing
#27 Posted : 3/27/2014 8:47:19 PM

fool adept

I used Ketamine to combat post opiate withdrawal depression and it worked, very well.

BUT, it also sucked me into a Ketamine addiction that dwarfed my opiate addiction in gravity and damaging effects.

I really, really, REALLY do not recommend you use Ketamine for your depression, Obliguhl.

Even used twice a month or so it can be VERY psychologically addictive. If you're going to use it I would use 1-2 times a year in a large dose as Enoon stated. This will minimize the chance of getting hooked. Using it a few days a week will invite tolerance and addiction.

As Corpus Callosum stated it will not permanently heal your depression, but, large doses may provide insight into your depression. The close to daily micro-dosing invites addiction because you will come down to baseline every time and want to go back. Doing K-hole doses weekly or so will also invite addiction.

As someone with Ketamine bladder damage, the comment you made about,

"Taking painful urination over depression..." shows the gravity of your depression, but also, your naivete about how bad chronic bladder inflammation can be...

I was not depressed before my Ketamine addiction, except for depression from opiate withdrawal. But boy am I battling a depression beast now.

When many foods and activities[exercise, fruits, sex/masturbation, even sitting for prolonged periods!....etc] cause you to dribble out a few drops of painful piss EVERY 20 MINUTES you would trade anything in the world for a healthy bladder BELIEVE ME. The amount of stuff you have to take out of your life to just be able to DEAL with the bladder issues is disheartening, to say the least....

PLEASE be careful and realize a scarred and shrunk bladder is the LAST thing you need right now.

To someone in your state Ketamine can be VERY seductive. Watch out.

If psychs and other drugs just mask or abate your symptoms for a short period of time maybe you need a new perspective on life.

Taking a long walking trip would be nice. I hear Europe is amazing for this. If you have social anxiety avoid people and stick to nature.

A few solitary days to a week in a hermitage has done wonders for me. Check out the TAT foundation for a list of worldwide hermitages.

Try volunteering to meet some people and get out of your parents house.

If you really want to get out of your parents house but see no way out, maybe go get some solitary job somewhere. Lighthouse attendant or something. You could start working on an on-line business and get it going at your parents house then build up money and move out!

Watch out with Ketamine, you are playing with fire even at low doses it can progress quickly. I went from bumps to piles in only 3 months....

Wish you luck with your depression, your posts often resonate with me.
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

obliguhl
#28 Posted : 4/3/2014 12:19:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No Knowing, thank you for this most sincere warning. I should know how unbearable chronic pain can be as i'm no stranger to that. I'm just so desperate. I'm approaching a point where i'm willing to try anything accessible to me. I often think about getting addicted to something like heroin. Because, if there is no hope, if there can't be healing, there has to be something to ease the pain. Or how i could end my life without causing too much pain. Trying to find a way to be less scared of what feels most logical. Because there is nothing people can say that will make a difference because i can't accept it...can't accept anything positive, any positive perspective. Every action seems futile from the start.

Sometimes i hope i would just get cancer, that would be less traumatizing. Possibly, i could have a couple of enjoyable weeks/months before the inevitable. Noone would know that i'd have created this cancer by the power of my negative thoughts....

What sense does it make for those who are unhappy and desperate to live on? They just cause hurt and feel hurt. There is nothing good about them. Not saying they don't have a right to live...everyone got that. It just makes no sense.

Quote:
You could start working on an on-line business and get it going at your parents house then build up money and move out!

That has been my plan for many years now, but it is really hard to gain traction and the lethargy doesn't help...

Anyways, thanks Smile

imPsimon
#29 Posted : 4/3/2014 5:53:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been depressed for my entire life for as long as I can remember at least.
I fantasised about suicide every day from I was around 14 until maybe 24.

What saved me was probably MDMA for that was the first time I felt like a good person.
It didn't really remove my depression but at least it gave me a hope that someday
maybe I'll feel better because the serotonin I was high on was my own.

And I think that's a good point.
Suicide is a permanent fix for a temporary problem. Things might get better no matter how dark and far
away they might seem.
And life is like that. Sometimes it rains and some times the sun shines.
We live in a world where movies, commercials, other peoples super happy funtime Facebook pictures etc seem to enforce that you have to be happy all the time.
This is an illusion and happiness as any other state of emotion is fleeting.

I have always felt incredibly lonely.
Loneliness can really drive a person mad because when we internalise everything we become self-centred.
When we become self-centred our problems become inflated to unrealistic proportions.
What helped for me is to learn about nature.
Especially space oriented documentaries and books seem to make ones problems feel incredibly small.
I strongly recommend the book "Pale Blue Dot" by Carl Sagan or maybe the new
Cosmos series.

If you are feeling lonely you need to get out.
I hear what you say about doing things on your own feels like a collective illusion.
But the option of going out to do something and feel depressed + good or at least better (just because your depressed doesn't mean you'll never ever feel good or better) as compared to
sitting at home and just being depressed I know what I'd choose.
And if you get out you might actually meet people you like and that likes you something that's probably
harder to do from home.

I was desperate and suicidal, hated myself and felt like a looser, never any girlfriend etc.
Then I started to play music and go to jazz concerts that I really like.
Nobody would come with me though but sometimes people would talk to me and we did have a lot
to talk about since we had a shared interest.
Now some years later from hanging out in that environment I have found people to play with and that sometimes
follow me to concerts....still no girlfriend...that's f'n depressing!...

And some relatively easy fixes that might help.

I know how it feels like to sit at home staring out at a beautiful sunny day but I don't have any place to go.

Just take the bus out to part of town you don't know woods, streets and whatever and just walk.
There's no need for a goal, just walking around feels better then sitting at home plus
you'll get some novelty if there's new things to be seen.

Do you drink caffeine (coffee,tea,chocolate) use nicotine or any other dopamine stimulant?
Try quitting them all.
Coffee makes me crazy depressed!

Go to art installations, museums, concerts.
You don't feel like going there? Don't listen to your feelings and go anyway.
Your feelings aren't perfectly trusted at this point so use logic and reason.

Also, hold your breath for as long as you can.
How wonderful isn't the oxygen rushing to your head when you breath again.
Sometimes we miss the small wonderful things like breathing, sun light hitting our skin etc.
Those are things worth repeating

...I hope I said something encouraging or at least not make your depression worse.
Cheers!

bindu
#30 Posted : 4/3/2014 9:14:15 PM

from the medscape article at http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/765252

Quote:

June 7, 2012 (Phoenix, Arizona) — The administration of 6 low-dose intravenous infusions of the fast-acting drug ketamine over 2 weeks shows efficacy in improving symptoms in patients with treatment-resistant depression, new research shows.

Ketamine, an N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) glutamate receptor antagonist, is best known in medicine as an anesthetic but also has some notoriety as a street drug, sometimes dubbed "Special K" and taken for its psychedelic effects.

However, the drug has gained interest among researchers for its potential as a unique, rapid-onset antidepressant capable of quickly improving symptoms in severe or treatment-resistant depression.

"[Ketamine] may rapidly reverse prefrontal cortex–based deficits in depression at the neurocircuitry level, leading to an amelioration of clinical symptoms," said study investigator James W. Murrough, MD, a research fellow in Mount Sinai's Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program in New York City.

Dr. James Murrough
Dr. Murrough presented the study findings here at the New Clinical Drug Evaluation Unit (NCDEU) 52nd Annual Meeting.

Significant Symptom Reduction

A recent study by Dr. Murrough and colleagues published in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics showed that in low doses, ketamine appears to "enhance the strength of cortical synapses through NMDAR- and AMPAR-dependent and neurotrophic mechanisms."

Most studies to date, however, have looked at the drug only in terms of a single-dose treatment, and the effects were measured over the course of hours or a week.

In an effort to evaluate the drug's effect in repeated administrations over the course of 2 weeks, the investigators conducted a study involving 24 patients with treatment-resistant depression.

After undergoing a washout of antidepression medication, patients were treated with a series of 6 intravenous infusions of low-dose ketamine (.5 mg/kg, which is about one quarter of the 2 mg/kg typically used as an anesthetic), administered 3 times a week over the 2 weeks. The patients were then monitored for up to 3 months or until a relapse.

The results showed a significant decrease in depression during the 2-week treatment phase, with an overall improvement in Montgomery-Åsberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS) score from baseline to postinfusion number 6 of 22.8 points (mean baseline MADRS score, 32.1 ± 6.0; endpoint MARDS score, 9.3 ± 11.3).

As many as 70.8% (17 of 24 participants) had a reduction of 50% or more in their MADRS score at the study's endpoint, compared with baseline. The remaining 29.2% (7 of 24) were considered nonresponders.

The median time to relapse in the follow-up phase was 20 days (range, 4 days to >3 months). Four participants did not relapse during the 3-month follow-up; the estimated risk of remaining relapse-free for up to 83 days was .25 ± .11.

"The cumulative rate of relapse was 75%, which is about what you would expect — you stop the treatment and people relapse, so we need to figure out some kind of maintenance strategy, and in doing so, it would be interesting to look at those patients who didn't relapse," Dr. Murrough told Medscape Medical News.

As has been previously shown, improvement in depression symptoms with ketamine was rapid and statistically significant, as demonstrated in an improvement in MADRS score from baseline to 2 hours of 18.9 ± 6.6 (decrease from 31.8 to 12.9, P < .001).

About 40 minutes into the infusion, a minority of patients begin to feel some of the sedative or cognitive impairment effects of the drug, but Dr. Murrough said that in all cases, those effects resolved in less than 1 hour after the infusion.

Importantly, it became evident which patients would be nonresponders within 4 hours after the first infusion, and the separation between the two was large at 24 hours after the first infusion (8.35 ± 4.2 vs 18.8 ± 5.5, P = .002).

"We knew within 2 hours basically who would respond to the overall 2-week course of ketamine, which is remarkable," Dr. Murrough said.

"With standard antidepressant therapies, you often have to wait 1 to 2 months before you know whether they are working, so this really has major public health implications if it holds up."

A doctor i know has recommended a dose (which i dont remeber right now) every 5 days to aid in depression psychotherapy
blessed be all forms of intelligence

obliguhl
#31 Posted : 4/23/2014 9:00:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks imPsimon....

Quote:
And life is like that. Sometimes it rains and some times the sun shines.
We live in a world where movies, commercials, other peoples super happy funtime Facebook pictures etc seem to enforce that you have to be happy all the time.
This is an illusion and happiness as any other state of emotion is fleeting.

I don't know, i keep away from media as far as possible. I see more unhappy people everywhere i go. But that isn't a good thing. They say that you have to destigmatize your own pain first, because everyone feels pain and there are tons of people who are as equal in pain as you are. Stigma kinda doesn't exist for me. I don't care if its just me. In fact, it would be a whole lot better if everyone else was happy.

Quote:
It didn't really remove my depression but at least it gave me a hope that someday
maybe I'll feel better because the serotonin I was high on was my own.

I felt happy before and it did give me a boost and hope but it fades after a few weeks and then there is nothing. But MDMA has been recommended to me before. I might try it.

Quote:
Loneliness can really drive a person mad because when we internalise everything we become self-centred.
When we become self-centred our problems become inflated to unrealistic proportions.

Well put and very true.

Quote:
And if you get out you might actually meet people you like and that likes you something that's probably
harder to do from home.

"Getting out" is a mystery to me. It must mean to "be social" e.g to go somewhere and talk to people, because i get out often. Sometimes, i troll public transport, parks etc on saturdays until the night is over. But never anything happens. I wish a magical person would appear who would help me. But noone wants to help, everyone got enough troubles of their own already. And even if help is being offered, to be able to say YES and take it, is a whole other story.

Quote:
Now some years later from hanging out in that environment I have found people to play with and that sometimes
follow me to concerts....still no girlfriend...that's f'n depressing!...

It is. A friend of mine started out as a loner but turned the boat around by painfully forcing herself into different social environments. For that person, it took 6 years of hard work to find a circle of friends and a partner. If i were to start now, i'd be half dead, possibly impotent already....it is so hard if you havn't started with this stuff early on, its worthless. But good luck to you, you seem to be not too far away from succes.

Quote:
Just take the bus out to part of town you don't know woods, streets and whatever and just walk.
There's no need for a goal, just walking around feels better then sitting at home plus
you'll get some novelty if there's new things to be seen.

Been doing that for years, and years and years and years....i think 9 years already. It helps a bit to tide me over. Or lets say..it's not as horrible. But then, it needs to be horrible...self punishment...

Quote:
Coffee makes me crazy depressed!

That's actually one thing that helps me...coffee. Gets me going....somwhat.

I wish i had no family
No friends
Then i could just go out. A failed life without hope has to be recognized and dealt with.
But it is too hard either way.

DreaMTripper
#32 Posted : 4/23/2014 9:42:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Learned helpless is a key symptom of depression, you seem like a smart person obligul and Im sure you can envisage a better situation and assess a thought pattern as a symptom for you to creatively resolve, thats the basis of recovery breaking that learned helplessness.

Im not belittling your state of being depression is a slow burning pain I know, and living physically close to parents is repressive and draining to say the least. Especially when you feel you shouldnt be there but there comes a time you have to start an escape plan as you cant stay there forever. Make plans but start small and act on them, slowly but surely youll start to see the light.
Sounds like you travel a bit already albeit locally, why not make it a full time thing? Build some money up and go somewhere exotic or somewhere youve always wanted to visit or just choose a random continent and travel as long as can be afforded.
As for supplements have you tried vitamin b6 100mg to see if its a deficiency? Or any dopamine targetting supplements?

Anodyne
#33 Posted : 4/27/2014 8:01:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not sure about using ketamine for depression. My personal feelings about it are mixed: I've tried it, and it really did seem to help, and I am fond of it...probably too much so, perhaps that's why I'm wary. Anyway, if you find ketamine to be too short-acting, MXE may be a good alternative. Longer-acting, better oral bioavailability, and possibly some helpful serotonergic activity as well as the NMDA stuff. Not much data about it yet, but anecdotal reports look promising re: using it as a ketamine-alternative.

obliguhl
#34 Posted : 5/5/2016 7:21:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Potential Breakthrough:

https://www.sciencedaily...2016/05/160504141131.htm

Quote:
A chemical byproduct, or metabolite, created as the body breaks down ketamine likely holds the secret to its rapid antidepressant action, National Institutes of Health (NIH) scientists and grantees have discovered. This metabolite singularly reversed depression-like behaviors in mice without triggering any of the anesthetic, dissociative, or addictive side effects associated with ketamine.

anne halonium
#35 Posted : 5/6/2016 7:03:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

K works for me and depression........

NO SOURCING TALK

i get by with massive amounts of pot, and bursts of shrooms/ cacti crystals.
shock treatment from my job , fills in the gaps.
if i keep the harrow-ment level up, im too busy to be depressed.

^ K supply would be alot easier.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

Praxis.
#36 Posted : 5/7/2016 12:48:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Potential Breakthrough:

https://www.sciencedaily...2016/05/160504141131.htm

Quote:
A chemical byproduct, or metabolite, created as the body breaks down ketamine likely holds the secret to its rapid antidepressant action, National Institutes of Health (NIH) scientists and grantees have discovered. This metabolite singularly reversed depression-like behaviors in mice without triggering any of the anesthetic, dissociative, or addictive side effects associated with ketamine.

This is great news! Im excited to see what comes out of the clinical trials in regards to toxicity. Im assuming the bladder issues associated with K probably are not consistent with the metabolite (2R,6R)-HNK. I know I could google it, but for the sake of discussion what role do the AMPA receptors traditionally play?

Also, I use ketamine from time to time, usually just on the comedown from MDMA but lately Ive been taking it every few weeks simply because I have it. I find it an incredibly interesting substance and its been useful for me when I find myself in cycles of mild depression and unproductivity, but its extremely seductive and while I know youre perfectly aware, please be careful! I have seen too many times how K can warp the minds of seemingly reasonable and stable people. In one case its literally killed one of the brightest and kindest friends Ive had. Ketamine is a useful tool but its absolutely no joke.

EDIT: When I take MDMA, ketamine helps significantly with the crash. I usually don't feel so glum and depressed afterwards or the next day. I wonder if (2R, 6R)-HNK in isolation could be taken for this purpose?
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

rOm
#37 Posted : 5/13/2016 9:28:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used ketamine on and off for the past 10 years.
I don't think it is the most dangerous substance, especially if you record your intake. Binging grams of it everyday isn't very constructive in the long run, but I did, even recently treat myself with katemine (was a typo but I find this funny lol "Kate Amine "Pleased intranasal for a couple of weeks, for maybe three, after a split up.

I got some relief, I was at time spaced out and all but maybe it also kept me from too much overthinking, and I didn't indulge in other drugs.

And I stopped it really easily and I found it useful.

The addciton issue is real and psychologic, but I know most poeple would not like it enough or have this type of manic behavior wit this substance.
I think it is relatively safer than DXM, or at least much more rewarding.

I think it is useful, now I use many herbs or mushrooms.
ketamine goes well with tryptamines in general and LSD. avoid with MAOI or RIMA.

Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Muskogee Herbman
#38 Posted : 5/13/2016 1:52:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't mean to derail or anything but I just read this about Martin Shkreli (the guy who jacked up aids medication)
Quote:
Shkreli founded Turing Pharmaceuticals in February 2015, after his departure from Retrophin. He launched Turing with three drugs in development acquired from Retrophin: an intranasal version of ketamine for depression, an intranasal version of oxytocin, and Vecamyl for hypertension.
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

jamie
#39 Posted : 5/13/2016 2:28:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ketamine seems like the last thing needed.

Self Esteem comes with practice, not a ketamine trip. get out of your comfort zone...ASAP.

Your life is being wasted.

No one wants to look back and realize you wasted it all in fear.

I would suggest you leave the nexus and internet behind until you have made steps in your life to take some control of your life. Telling this story on an internet forum for this long is not likely to be helping.

You have no idea how powerful you are.
Long live the unwoke.

Ufostrahlen
#40 Posted : 5/13/2016 2:44:58 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Muskogee Herbman wrote:
Don't mean to derail or anything but I just read this about Martin Shkreli (the guy who jacked up aids medication)
Quote:
Shkreli founded Turing Pharmaceuticals in February 2015, after his departure from Retrophin. He launched Turing with three drugs in development acquired from Retrophin: an intranasal version of ketamine for depression, an intranasal version of oxytocin, and Vecamyl for hypertension.

He's out.

Quote:
Turing Pharmaceuticals has signed a $95 million deal with Marina Biotech ($MRNA) that will see it shed its psychiatric drug research program--as Marina also announces it will have to hang on to its own unwanted assets for now after a sale of its R&D focus to Microlin Bio fell through.

Turing too is looking to the future after a difficult first year, with the infamy of its former CEO Martin Shkreli and the “price gouging” accusation still hanging on the company.

http://www.fiercebiotech...iotech-95m-ketamine-deal
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

PREV123NEXT