We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
To sprint for gold or run the marathon !!! Options

Earthwalker
#1 Posted : 12/24/2013 2:50:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi , I've been researching on the Nexas and everywhere I can for the last month trying to find the correct path to take , " I'll explain "/
I'm forty + yo during my life I've done a lot of heavy downers and accassional uppers but never tended to do the trips or mushy's although had shrooms twice as a teen , so now 20yrs later I've just found DMT didn't even no it existed till now ,, but I am getting fascinated and found that it's all I think about ,, !! So it brings me to the path !!! .........experimenting a little with other heluicanagens first so I don't get in to far first Shocked , or just go for the goodness strait up !!!!! Any advice ??

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

shanedudddy2
#2 Posted : 12/24/2013 11:22:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mushrooms are as similar as you can get to DMT, without being DMT. It's probably also better to test the waters with a low dose of oral mushrooms imo, it'd be less confronting.

Earthwalker
#3 Posted : 12/25/2013 2:25:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shanedudddy2 wrote:
Mushrooms are as similar as you can get to DMT, without being DMT. It's probably also better to test the waters with a low dose of oral mushrooms imo, it'd be less confronting.

Thank you for you're advice shanedudddy2 , I think il be just taking very small steps !!😜

Entheogenerator
#4 Posted : 12/25/2013 7:52:23 AM

Homo discens

I agree, that for most it can be very helpful to have some relatively recent psychedelic experience before diving in head-first with DMT. But still keep in mind that the DMT experience is likely going to be a whole different level of psychedelia than psilocybin, LSD, or any of the other, more common psychedelics.

Then again, I have heard of a few people who have used DMT as their first psychedelic experience, and even some who have used DMT as their first psychoactive experience at all. It seems to have gone well for some, and not so well for others.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

ymer
#5 Posted : 12/25/2013 7:29:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I never tried any psychedelic before, DMT was my first and I approached with a lot of respect and caution and I don't regret it Smile

Earthwalker
#6 Posted : 12/28/2013 4:57:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ymer wrote:
Well I never tried any psychedelic before, DMT was my first and I approached with a lot of respect and caution and I don't regret it Smile

Yes , if I proceed with cation and respect it should go ok , fingers crossed !!😜

purepositiveenergy
#7 Posted : 12/28/2013 6:17:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Earthwalker,

We are about the same age. So far for me I have had two experiences with DMT, both not great. I have had lots and lots of experiences with various mushrooms and lsd and they were all great and lots of fun except for three times. These three times weren't that bad either but neither were the two DMT tries. The thing with DMT is, that it takes some trial and error to get it right for most people (I am speaking about the oral way of ingestion). You wouldn't want to get discouraged after one try only.

Twenty years ago you were a very different person so that is no good reference. I would definitely go for some mushrooms or lsd again just to have some fun with it and see how you like that now. If that invites for more I would start with low dosages, as low as 4g of mimosa hostilis for example, just because you don't have any experience and better safe than sorry. Remember you can always up the dosage if you like but once you take too much and it is not comfortable it is too late.

But probably the best thing would be to go and visit a santo daime church or a shaman and have them guide you along for the ride, but that might not be an option where you live.

Best of luck.

Kind regards,
PPE

Entheogenerator
#8 Posted : 12/29/2013 10:47:41 AM

Homo discens

I definitely agree with purepositiveenergy's suggestion of starting with low doses and working your way up. If you intend to vaporize, I would suggest starting with 5-10mg and working your way up in 5mg increments until you find your "sweet spot". Some people are very sensitive to DMT and/or other tryptamines, and are able to achieve pretty significant effects from merely 10mg or so.

Personally, I think I would recommend that a person start with vaporized DMT before later exploring aya/pharma, but that is merely my own opinion. The "flash" of a vaporized DMT experience can be intimidating, but the journey is so short-lived that if things do go wrong during your first or second low-dose attempt for some reason, you may be able to find comfort in the knowledge that you will be back to near-baseline in a mere 5-10 minutes or so. Aya/pharma can be every bit as intense and overpowering as the vaporized DMT experience (minus the shock of launching straight to the depths of hyperspace and then straight back so rapidly), but the fact that aya/pharma will last for several hours could pose a problem if things go sour.

As I said, this is only my opinion and others may disagree. My opinion on the matter is solely based on my experiences and research, and formed while taking the relationship between DMT/ other psychedelics and my own personality into account.
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

User1911
#9 Posted : 12/29/2013 11:10:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

im going to say that being 40 these days isnt that old, but I am also going to say dmt at 40 is better than dmt at 16. Your mind has been able to fully grow, that being said it should make the journey easier. WHat I see people doing sometimes and freaking out during the trip is they are trying to analyize it, they analyize it and freak out because they are not capable of 100% letting go and just watching.

Just do the dmt and just watch what it shows it. Thats all. and if you feel it going wrong all you have to do is just say, stop trying to scare me, thats all. Its like nightmare on elm street, freddy isnt real and cant hurt you. And youll be allright.

Entheogenerator
#10 Posted : 12/29/2013 1:14:23 PM

Homo discens

User1911 wrote:
Its like nightmare on elm street, freddy isnt real and cant hurt you.

Freddy might not be real... No one can say for certain. Pleased

hug46
#11 Posted : 12/29/2013 2:25:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that your age counts for you. Not only that but you are approaching with respect and caution. You are definitely ripe for it.
Invest a few shekels in a decent vapourising device and mg scale off of the internet. Do an extraction. Then start experimenting.

Earthwalker
#12 Posted : 12/31/2013 6:56:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you guys , I'll take and use you're advice with the upmost respect ! Thanx