We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Salvia soft extract Options

Space
#1 Posted : 6/11/2009 3:49:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone tried salvia in a soft extract form? apparrently it can be quite strong, and you don't smoke it, you just hold it in your mouth and chew it occasionally.

Heres a link to an experience of it: http://www.sagewisdom.org/experiencess1.html

I don't smoke, and I'm not going to use the tincture any more, so this is something I'm definitely interested in.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 6/11/2009 5:32:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah, tinctures have always been pointless for me as well..quidding works good..never seen or tried a soft extract..let us know how it goes!
Long live the unwoke.

PsilocybeChild
#3 Posted : 6/11/2009 5:38:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how would one go about getting it? Could you just let the liquid in a tincture dry up?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Space
#4 Posted : 6/11/2009 4:55:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not that I haven't had some good experiences using the tincture, it's just that if I wanted a strong (ish) experience I'd have to take some real pain for it. Tired of doing that.

Quote:
how would one go about getting it? Could you just let the liquid in a tincture dry up?

I really wish I thought of doing that with all the tinctures I've bought from sage wisdom.. anyway, I'm going to have a search on the web to see if any vendors are selling it in this form.

Imagine that, a strong long lasting journey with salvia.. That would be amazing.

Let me know if anyone finds this soft extract for sale.

jamie
#5 Posted : 6/11/2009 5:22:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

have you tried a quid?..works very good..If you want an extract I would make it you're self, who knows what solvents vendors use to extract for they're products..the plant is also very easy and enjoyable to grow!
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#6 Posted : 6/11/2009 5:28:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Space wrote:

I really wish I thought of doing that with all the tinctures I've bought from sage wisdom.. anyway, I'm going to have a search on the web to see if any vendors are selling it in this form.

ok, get 10 grams of plain leaf, and some acetone..do 3 washes on the 10 grams with the acetone and combine the 3 washed and evaporate..scrape up the light green powder(at least thats what I get) and use sublingually..

Anyone ever notice how some salvia extracts look almost black, or very dark green??? I have no idea what that shit is, but a good clean extract does NOT look black..they alwasy look light green, even if its high potentcy..I wouldnt even smoke that vendor stuff anymore after growing and making my own..plus my 3x I swear is stronger than the 5x stuff I have seen around..It REALLY REALLY pays to learn to do this stuff you're self..(edit..sieberts extracts at sage wisdom may be the exception here..I feel he is trustworthy..but its $$)
Long live the unwoke.

Space
#7 Posted : 6/11/2009 7:34:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As little as 10g? seems like it definitely would be worth growing my own.. But that's not something I can do just now, I'm only going to be living in england a few months more, going to be living somewhere in asia. Can't wait to settle, and grow some plants there, ofcoarse after seriously checking out that legality of what I'll be doing Surprised

Yeah, I think sagewisdom is a trust worthy source, but definitely is expensive. The tinctures I got from there were dark green in colour. which apparently was just grain alchohol, water and salvia. I don't know. But I'm seriously tired of using the tincture.

How do you normally use salvia? and what sort of experiences you get? If you've got previous reports somewhere on the forum I'd be interested in reading.

jamie
#8 Posted : 6/11/2009 8:57:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I usually smoke my 3x extract lately...or rehydrate my dried leaf and quid it..really a few grams of leaf quidded will give me a pleasant mid level experience..there is also reports from others here that fresh leaves(within an hour of being picked) are the best, and contain something extra that makes the experience better..and it breaks down or changes to an inactive rapidly after being picked..I am letting my plants grow tall over the summer so I will have to wait for some fresh leaves until I could comment on that..

My experiences with salvia have completely blown me away..but it's entirabily un-languagable..The back of my eyelids suddenly gaining 2,3, or 4 extra dimensions, expanding into infinaty and wrapping around me, pushing out, unzipping...becomming membranes while simutaniousily pasing through those same membrane only to find completely other dimensional existances on the other side etc..is only part of the languaged version..which is unable to come even close..
Long live the unwoke.

Space
#9 Posted : 6/11/2009 9:51:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It really is something else salvia. I think I'm definitely going to grow some, and can't see there been a legal issue, as it seems to be legal everywhere but australia and denmark I think..

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 6/12/2009 6:57:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Quote:
• Soft extracts. This is a type of true extract. It is a semisolid material obtained by extracting Salvia divinorum leaf with a solvent and then evaporating the solvent completely. The resulting preparation is a waxy or tarry product that is not sufficiently hard to be able to be ground up into a powder. The soft extract (which may actually be fairly hard like hard wax), is not deposited on leaves. This material is quite suitable for sublingual use as a substitute for quid. The effects are similar to quid but probably will be stronger, may come on a little slower, and may last somewhat longer. The advantage over quid chewing is user comfort, as a far smaller amount of material must be put into ones mouth. Since the material is very concentrated (1/4 tsp. will produce strong effects in many people) a large enough dose can be taken to guarantee strong effects without the gagging that may accompany use of large quids. For example: if 1/4 tsp. is ineffective, one could take 1/2 tsp. without gagging. Basic soft extracts but can easily be prepared in a kitchen. A method of preparation is described below.
it's a sound

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 6/12/2009 7:58:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Q. I don’t want to chew quid or to smoke, how can a soft extract for sublingual use be made?
A. Strong preparations have been made using ethanol and using 91% isopropyl alcohol. Please note there have been no studies of the safety of sublingual soft extract. It is theoretically possible that the material might contain some harmful substance, either extracted from the plant or produced by reaction with solvent or in the oven heating phase of the preparation. Users have not reported side-effects from sublingual soft-extract but long term dangers (if any) are unknown. Since this material is waxy, it might not be a good idea to smoke it because one might be inhaling wax vapors into ones lungs. Various solvents can be used to make a soft extract. Extracts made using both ethanol and 91% isopropyl alcohol have proven effective.

The following recipe worked to prepare an isopropyl alcohol soft extract. The final product was a greenish black waxy substance about the consistency of beeswax. It looked like tar but had a tealike aroma and slightly bitter taste. It proved highly effective sublingually in a dose of 1/4 tsp.

1. Grind up a large amount of dried salvia leaves. Grind them finely. You need not weigh the starting material. The more leaf material you start with the more soft extract you will get. So use as much as you can spare.
2. Place the ground up leaves in a polyethylene container with a well sealing polyethylene top. Polyethylene will not dissolve in isopropyl alcohol. Neither will glass but the rubber seals on glass jar lids may, so stick to polyethylene containers.
3. Add enough 91% isopropyl alcohol to cover the leaf material twice over. 91% isopropyl alcohol is available in pharmacies over the counter. It is used by some diabetics to sterilize reusable insulin syringes, and is pharmaceutical grade (very pure).
4. Shake the alcohol leaf powder mixture twice daily for at least a couple of days. The longer you do this the more complete the extraction will be. Leaving the material sit in a closet for weeks or even months will not hurt the final product. But two days with good shaking may be all that is needed.
5. If all the leaf material has not settled to the bottom of the container you will have to filter. Filtration is possible using cheese cloth for preliminary filtration followed by filtering through a coffee filter. If you left the container sit long enough you can skip the filtration step as all the leaf material will have sedimented out. If it has just decant the alcohol which was now greenish black in color.
6. Pout the more or less particle free green black isopropyl alcohol crude fluid extract into a Pyrex baking dish.
7. If weather permits evaporate it outdoors. Just cover with a clean aluminum screen and let it evaporate at ambient temperature. If indoor evaporation is necessary set it next to an exhaust fan for 48 hours.
8. Once all the alcohol has evaporated the mixture will no longer smell like rubbing alcohol but may contain water and be slimy. Expect a wet slimy greenish-black material to be coating the Pyrex baking dish. Once it no longer smells of alcohol place the pan in a 150 degree oven for a couple of hours. You may want to crack the oven open about an inch to let any residual alcohol vapors escape.
9. At this point the material in the pan should be a crust of film coating the pan. Open the oven and remove the pan from the oven and let it cool some but not down to room temperature.
10. With a plastic spatula scrape the black tar-like material off. There will be a lot of scraping. The scrapings are the stuff you want so don’t throw them out! Place these scrapings into a plastic bag. When there is no more that can be scraped out of the pan take the scrapings in your hands (make sure they are clean first) and using your fingers roll the scrapings into a ball. Your fingers will become coated with the tarry soft extract.
11. Place the ball back into the plastic bag and let it cool to room temperature. As it does it will become stiffer.
12. The material can be stored at room temperature in a sealed plastic bag. It will probably keep a very long time.
13. To measure a dose, scoop out a tiny piece with a small measuring spoon e.g. 1./4 tsp size. Fill the measuring spoon with the extract. Since this is strong stuff and 1/4 tsp. is a large dose so you may want to use an 1/8 tsp. measure, or alternatively measure 1/4 tsp. and then cut than in half to get approximately 1/8 tsp.
14. To use, place the dose under your tongue. Lie down in a quiet place with dim lighting. Chew the waxy material occasionally, parking it under your tongue between chews. Keep the Saliva formed in your mouth so salvinorin can be absorbed from it. Swallowing the material won’t harm you but swallowed salvinorin is not effective. Once you want to come down, spit out the material remaining in your mouth and brush your teeth to rid you mouth of the remaining extract. The effects develop gradually, but can become quite strong in sensitive individuals.
it's a sound

balaganist
#12 Posted : 6/12/2009 8:18:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:

My experiences with salvia have completely blown me away..but it's entirabily un-languagable..The back of my eyelids suddenly gaining 2,3, or 4 extra dimensions, expanding into infinaty and wrapping around me, pushing out, unzipping...becomming membranes while simutaniousily pasing through those same membrane only to find completely other dimensional existances on the other side etc..is only part of the languaged version..which is unable to come even close..

Yes indeed - un-languagable!! That is one crazy thing about salvia... makes it to hard to explain to other people aswell! It has certainly taught me the short-comings of 'normal' language. I once came out of a smoked experience repeating a phrase that seemed to be from another language.. it was like a form in my experience and I wanted to bring it with me and express it through sound, so I held it and repeated it.. I wrote it down somewhere but have since lost the bit of paper.

I do wonder if the mazatec/mexican shamans who use it have managed to put language to the salvia-world.

Thx for the tip on extracting... been looking at tek's for this recently, your post inspired me to get the dried leaf I've been collecting from my plants and make an extraction Smile
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Space
#13 Posted : 6/12/2009 8:20:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks jorkest. I think what I might try doing though, is purchasing some more tincture again, but evaporate all the liguid (grain alchohol) and chew the extract at the bottom. That should be interesting.

Mystic Cannibal
#14 Posted : 7/4/2009 8:53:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Holy crap, I always wondered if something like this was possible, i remember bringing it up on the shroomery and basically getting laughed at. I tried a simple extraction with iso and it didnt seem to work, I didnt get any tar, but i think i only used a few grams of leaf or so, I didnt do it quite so pro as the recipe. I think its time for another try. Now i remember, I was trying to make blotter salvia with iso, it didnt seem to take to it. i can see where i went wrong, still I know some people do make blotter salvia but they must have to do a full extraction of pure salvinorum.

Do people think acetone would work better then iso? 99% iso would surely be better then 91%

I do love salvia, for me smoking extract is like I am getting taught through direct experience a lesson in 6 dimensional physics. Chewing the quid is probably the best thing i know for meditation, visualization etc. But after chewing a mouth full of the stuff and starting to feel it, it seems like everything from the bottom of my jaw to my nose is one thing of goo, no sense of jaw or tongue or even salvia, its all goo. A mouth can only hold so many leaves but this sounds great!

Has anyone ever tried doing pure salvinorum with DMSO?

Kannamate
#15 Posted : 7/4/2009 11:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how much salvia leaves should be used for that recipe 100 grams? A large amount is very unspecific and I don't feel like playing with the potency of it if it's too potent.

The Traveler
#16 Posted : 7/5/2009 3:52:23 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Jorkest wrote:
Q. I don’t want to chew quid or to smoke, how can a soft extract for sublingual use be made?
A. Strong preparations have been made using ethanol and using 91% isopropyl alcohol. Please note there have been no studies of the safety of sublingual soft extract. It is theoretically possible that the material might contain some harmful substance, either extracted from the plant or produced by reaction with solvent or in the oven heating phase of the preparation. Users have not reported side-effects from sublingual soft-extract but long term dangers (if any) are unknown. Since this material is waxy, it might not be a good idea to smoke it because one might be inhaling wax vapors into ones lungs. Various solvents can be used to make a soft extract. Extracts made using both ethanol and 91% isopropyl alcohol have proven effective.

The following recipe worked to prepare an isopropyl alcohol soft extract. The final product was a greenish black waxy substance about the consistency of beeswax. It looked like tar but had a tealike aroma and slightly bitter taste. It proved highly effective sublingually in a dose of 1/4 tsp.

1. Grind up a large amount of dried salvia leaves. Grind them finely. You need not weigh the starting material. The more leaf material you start with the more soft extract you will get. So use as much as you can spare.
2. Place the ground up leaves in a polyethylene container with a well sealing polyethylene top. Polyethylene will not dissolve in isopropyl alcohol. Neither will glass but the rubber seals on glass jar lids may, so stick to polyethylene containers.
3. Add enough 91% isopropyl alcohol to cover the leaf material twice over. 91% isopropyl alcohol is available in pharmacies over the counter. It is used by some diabetics to sterilize reusable insulin syringes, and is pharmaceutical grade (very pure).
4. Shake the alcohol leaf powder mixture twice daily for at least a couple of days. The longer you do this the more complete the extraction will be. Leaving the material sit in a closet for weeks or even months will not hurt the final product. But two days with good shaking may be all that is needed.
5. If all the leaf material has not settled to the bottom of the container you will have to filter. Filtration is possible using cheese cloth for preliminary filtration followed by filtering through a coffee filter. If you left the container sit long enough you can skip the filtration step as all the leaf material will have sedimented out. If it has just decant the alcohol which was now greenish black in color.
6. Pout the more or less particle free green black isopropyl alcohol crude fluid extract into a Pyrex baking dish.
7. If weather permits evaporate it outdoors. Just cover with a clean aluminum screen and let it evaporate at ambient temperature. If indoor evaporation is necessary set it next to an exhaust fan for 48 hours.
8. Once all the alcohol has evaporated the mixture will no longer smell like rubbing alcohol but may contain water and be slimy. Expect a wet slimy greenish-black material to be coating the Pyrex baking dish. Once it no longer smells of alcohol place the pan in a 150 degree oven for a couple of hours. You may want to crack the oven open about an inch to let any residual alcohol vapors escape.
9. At this point the material in the pan should be a crust of film coating the pan. Open the oven and remove the pan from the oven and let it cool some but not down to room temperature.
10. With a plastic spatula scrape the black tar-like material off. There will be a lot of scraping. The scrapings are the stuff you want so don’t throw them out! Place these scrapings into a plastic bag. When there is no more that can be scraped out of the pan take the scrapings in your hands (make sure they are clean first) and using your fingers roll the scrapings into a ball. Your fingers will become coated with the tarry soft extract.
11. Place the ball back into the plastic bag and let it cool to room temperature. As it does it will become stiffer.
12. The material can be stored at room temperature in a sealed plastic bag. It will probably keep a very long time.
13. To measure a dose, scoop out a tiny piece with a small measuring spoon e.g. 1./4 tsp size. Fill the measuring spoon with the extract. Since this is strong stuff and 1/4 tsp. is a large dose so you may want to use an 1/8 tsp. measure, or alternatively measure 1/4 tsp. and then cut than in half to get approximately 1/8 tsp.
14. To use, place the dose under your tongue. Lie down in a quiet place with dim lighting. Chew the waxy material occasionally, parking it under your tongue between chews. Keep the Saliva formed in your mouth so salvinorin can be absorbed from it. Swallowing the material won’t harm you but swallowed salvinorin is not effective. Once you want to come down, spit out the material remaining in your mouth and brush your teeth to rid you mouth of the remaining extract. The effects develop gradually, but can become quite strong in sensitive individuals.

On the chat I learned from Jorkest that this is in degrees Fahrenheit, this would convert to 65C.

On this moment I have 50g of dried salvia I still had laying around sitting in 700ml of Alcohol to try this extraction method. I will post findings along the way.

Jorkest
#17 Posted : 7/5/2009 3:59:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

when SWIM tried this stuff out he used a chunk of softish black waxy stuff..before going to bed...and he said for the next few hours he was in a strange dream sort of daze..but half awake and half asleep..
it's a sound

Infinite I
#18 Posted : 7/5/2009 4:42:36 PM

JC

can swim use acetone instead of alcohol? Or wouldnt it all evaporate properly which wouldnt be good for sublingual use?

jamie
#19 Posted : 7/5/2009 7:14:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
when SWIM tried this stuff out he used a chunk of softish black waxy stuff..before going to bed...and he said for the next few hours he was in a strange dream sort of daze..but half awake and half asleep..

Thats what I remember it being like when I quidded....dreams are just wayy to interesting..I want to master the dreamtime!!..seems I should start quidding again!
Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#20 Posted : 7/5/2009 9:13:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:
can swim use acetone instead of alcohol? Or wouldnt it all evaporate properly which wouldnt be good for sublingual use?

SWIM used acetone and it worked fine
it's a sound

12NEXT