We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
naphtha solution in the UK!!! Options

DoingKermit
#1 Posted : 6/9/2009 12:05:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok. I have read so many different things on the topic of which naphtha is best to use when doing extractions in the UK (and the rest of Europe possibly). So many people say "white spirit" is good, such as "Bartoline Low Odor White Spirit". Which did work, but takes forever to dry and at the third pull it's pretty useless.

I tried zippo, perma, and even barbeque lighting fluid... all ok but low yields. I finally found the best stuff to use... Rosonol lighter fluid! I have just made the largest crystals i have seen in real life. The yields are amazing!

The only problem with Rosonol is the price: £1.50 for 133ml. It is worth it though. You can also recycle the naphtha if freezing, so you don't need to get more than 2 bottles for every 100g of mimosa.

I hope this helps people who are really indecisive about what naphtha to use... trust me... Rosonol is the best!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

soulfood
#2 Posted : 6/9/2009 12:14:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I just use coleman fuel as it's not much more than ronosol in price and it seems to do the job pretty well. But I think Swan, Ronosol and zippo all smell the same, just different brands I guess.

DoingKermit
#3 Posted : 6/9/2009 1:17:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All companies make naphtha differently. Zippo, Perma, and white spirit are all "hydrotreated heavy" I find Rosonol is one of the only kinds of lighter fluid (in UK) which is actually "hydrotreated light"... as is coleman's. Do not quote me on that as i am sure there are probably others out there which are also light.

Some people complain that coleman's makes some weird blue product after freezing. I'm not sure if that's true though.

soulfood
#4 Posted : 6/9/2009 1:20:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the blue dye is a US thing... I've used 3 cans and never had anything but white lovely scrumptuousness.

They sell it at blacks the camping shop, although last time I purchased, it had gone up £1 to 6.99! I do a 250g extraction once eery 6 months or so, so I'm not too concerned about price... then again, nothings cheap these days.

DoingKermit
#5 Posted : 6/9/2009 1:23:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks soulfood! How many ml of coleman's do you get for 6.99?

soulfood
#6 Posted : 6/9/2009 1:35:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

arimane
#7 Posted : 6/9/2009 1:47:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the tip, I'll try here in Italy and add infos about =)
Bad, bad english

soulfood
#8 Posted : 6/9/2009 1:57:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say if you are using coleman fuel outside of the UK, do your extract with something else that you know works first, then re-xtalise a small quantity of it in coleman fuel just to test it.

I've seen the blue-dye DMT pics and believe me, they aren't pretty.

thepureskunk
#9 Posted : 6/10/2009 3:20:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ronosol Rules Laughing

I've had very nice results using this. Better than Swan or Zippo imo.

Ronosol evaps super quick also. I was doing a freeze precip and it took no time at all to evap down to a quater of the total amount.

Peace! Very happy
acolon_5 wrote:
Welcome to club hypersex.

I've been there too...it is amazing.

soulfood
#10 Posted : 6/10/2009 3:29:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone have any idea of the difference in the chemical makeup of these commercial fuels?

As they are so easily available and each seem to have different properties they could be useful for different things.

DoingKermit
#11 Posted : 6/10/2009 7:41:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been looking at the chemical properties for all theses different lighter fluid, white spirits, etc. I find almost all lighter fluids are hydrotreated heavy, making it slower to evaporate and it has a higher boiling point. This also goes for "Bartoline low odor white spirit" and all other white spirits as well. Coleman's and rosonol are both hydrotreated light, making the evaporation rate a million times quicker and has a lower boiling point as well. They all differ in flash points, boiling points, etc. VMandP naphtha, from the US, is even lighter than rosonol (not by much).

I am not a scientist of any sort and i am probably only scratching the surface on how these solvents differ. If you want to compare them in more detail, do what i did and look up the safety sheets (you can find all of them online). You can then compare the different properties.

soulfood
#12 Posted : 6/10/2009 8:05:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope... that sounds good enough to me Smile

ohayoco
#13 Posted : 6/10/2009 8:52:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Colemans leaves nasty blue crap after evaporating in the UK too, at least it did for SWIM.

He's never used Ronsonol because word on the internet waves is that it's 'dirty'. No idea what people mean by that, or if it's true.

Swan lighter fuel was good, use that if you want to use lighter fuel. But SWIM found it no better than Bartoline because you can't float it for long because it evaporates so quickly. The great thing about Bartoline is it doesn't evaporate while you're working and doesn't smell. So you can leave every pull overnight and do daily pulls for a week, and after freeze precip still have at least half of it left for reuse at the end.

If you really want to pull as much as possible, use xylene. It's a real pain though- stinks, gives you headaches, can't freeze precip with it- so he only uses it after Bartoline has exhausted all the white spice. The xylene then pulls the yellow spice. I think it pulls jungle too, maybe once all the yellow is out, but he's never gone that far.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

d*l*b
#14 Posted : 6/10/2009 9:08:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
The only problem with Rosonol is the price: £1.50 for 133ml.

Something like 1.11 in Te*co Smile

The other problem with Ronsonol is the size of the bottles. Far too bloody small.
D × V × F > R

hedcase
#15 Posted : 6/10/2009 9:22:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM uses Ronsonol as a solvent..evaps very clean, and quick.Anyone who says otherwise should try it.
On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

soulfood
#16 Posted : 6/10/2009 9:27:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco wrote:

If you really want to pull as much as possible, use xylene. It's a real pain though- stinks, gives you headaches, can't freeze precip with it- so he only uses it after Bartoline has exhausted all the white spice. The xylene then pulls the yellow spice. I think it pulls jungle too, maybe once all the yellow is out, but he's never gone that far.

Or even better, after exhausting with your standard solvent, bring out the limonene and FASW it a la Jorkest. I was never going to buy xylene again but it turns out I need it for bufotenine Sad

DoingKermit
#17 Posted : 6/10/2009 9:47:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know where to find heptane in the UK? Can only seem to find it online from the states and it is expensive!! Any help would be much appreciated.

SpaceGandalf
#18 Posted : 9/18/2019 11:58:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anybody know good naphtha source in the uk?

I thought it would be a good idea to update this thread rather than start a new one. Ronsonol has since been taken over by zippo and there are reports out there that ronsonol lighter fluid is no longer good for dmt pulls.

I have not used any of the following products and I am only requesting advice - also: ALWAYS EVAPORATION TEST NEW BATCHES OF SOLVENT.

Ronsonol branded lighter fluid used to be an advised source, but I have read mixed reports about it. Here’s the SDS (safety data sheet):
http://doryventures.scen...ing/2018MSDSRonsonol.pdf

Swan brand lighter fluid is another option, but I have been unable to find a SDS for it.

On a separate thread on this subject ( https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=64403 ) Bartoline white spirit has been recommended, but based on the SDS I’m not sure this is a particularly good source as it contains 2% aromatics:
[edit] see downwardsfromzero‘s post below for link

Azure brand naphtha is a product I have found available online. From what I can tell from the SDS it says 10-20% naphtha but doesn’t list any other ingredients:
https://festoolcdn.azure...e6-80d9-005056b31774.pdf

All advice for the safety and well-being of the community greatly appreciated!

SpaceGandalf
#19 Posted : 9/18/2019 12:09:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The most recent thread on this topic is here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=83249
This is a much older thread but more useful: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=19527

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 9/18/2019 10:52:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Azure brand naphtha is a product I have found available online. From what I can tell from the SDS it says 10-20% naphtha but doesn’t list any other ingredients:
https://festoolcdn.azure...6-80d9-005056b31774.pdf

The stuff in that pdf is a polishing agent. That's why it only lists 20% naphtha.

Quote:
Bartoline white spirit has been recommended, but based on the SDS I’m not sure this is a particularly good source as it contains 2% aromatics

2% aromatics isn't too bad and even though it's listed as being up to 25% there's little reason for it ever to be that high. Freeze precipitation should be fine and if it isn't you can always backsalt into vinegar, re-base and do a more concentrated pull.

It's the low odour white spirit that has a maximum of 2% aromatics, so you might want to consider trying that one.

White spirit has some fairly slow-evaporating components so recrystallisation with something like heptane or light petroleum ether is a pretty good idea.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

12NEXT