We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
defatting acacia confusa Options

--Shadow
#21 Posted : 3/11/2014 12:28:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ChemisTryptaMan wrote:
Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here and just decided to check in. Someone asked about using xylene for the defat. Very bad idea. The problem here is that spice is soluble to some extent in every solvent in both of its forms. Spice is also an indole which means it is aromatic. This will cause both it's forms to be highly soluble in xylene and toluene, which are both aromatic.

I think some variation of this tek can expose the real potential behind acacia. I believe it to be a very potent source, but the defat step has to be perfected. This has to be done with a solvent that is great at picking up oils but one that does not like the protonated spice. I would think gamsol would be a good one but you never know for sure. I think an alternative route is just to pull everything and then worry about seperation techniques once all the spice is freed from solution. I've been playing with DCM as a cleanup solvent with some success, but I'm finding the best results are coming from my hybrid solvents that incorporate aliphatics and DCM. I plan to keep working on this and will let cyb know what I find. Happy extracting nexians!

CTM

Thanks for that ChemisTryptaMan, I'll keep the xylene for just my later pulls
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Entheogenerator
#22 Posted : 3/11/2014 9:30:02 AM

Homo discens

The oily extracts of Acacia confusa have been shown to be a combination of NMT and DMT. There may be small amounts of oils/fats, but defatting is not necessary with Acacia confusa. IIRC, the oil and fat content of Acacia confusa is comparable to that of Mimosa hostilis, which is to say that for all intents and purposes it is negligible. If you are not satisfied with the DMT/NMT goo (although many members prefer it to crystals), recrystallizing or using ThickLight's tek will yield white DMT crystals which produce effects indistinguishable from DMT extracted from Mimosa hostilis.

iAwakenU wrote:

Hmm... so if a yield is more powdery than crystal it's likely to be the NaOH? can anyone confirm or deny this? I need to know before I either dispose of or use the last batch of mine... its white and i thought it was just really fine crystals but could be described as sand or powder...

It is pretty unlikely that you picked up any sodium hydroxide, unless you were not careful when separating your nonpolar solvent pulls and you pulled some of the bottom aqueous layer along with them. Recrystallizing is much easier than doing a mini-A/B and it is equally effective at removing NaOH and other impurities, if not more so.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Shadowlord
#23 Posted : 7/27/2014 9:35:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great thread with lots of info. Have worked with mhrb many times but will be working with acrb for the first time. Really looking forward to working with this species.
NMT may not look as sexy or be as easy to deal with as crystal but it's still wonderful.

skoobysnax
#24 Posted : 8/4/2014 3:39:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
The oily extracts of Acacia confusa have been shown to be a combination of NMT and DMT. There may be small amounts of oils/fats, but defatting is not necessary with Acacia confusa. IIRC, the oil and fat content of Acacia confusa is comparable to that of Mimosa hostilis, which is to say that for all intents and purposes it is negligible. If you are not satisfied with the DMT/NMT goo (although many members prefer it to crystals), recrystallizing or using ThickLight's tek will yield white DMT crystals which produce effects indistinguishable from DMT extracted from Mimosa hostilis.

iAwakenU wrote:

Hmm... so if a yield is more powdery than crystal it's likely to be the NaOH? can anyone confirm or deny this? I need to know before I either dispose of or use the last batch of mine... its white and i thought it was just really fine crystals but could be described as sand or powder...

It is pretty unlikely that you picked up any sodium hydroxide, unless you were not careful when separating your nonpolar solvent pulls and you pulled some of the bottom aqueous layer along with them. Recrystallizing is much easier than doing a mini-A/B and it is equally effective at removing NaOH and other impurities, if not more so.

Also a good sodium carb wash after the pull helps a lot. My wash had an oily film that went into the aqueous layer which may have been soup that was still not fully separated. Much less goo, the room temp cystals were like frosted goo and all the freeze precip poured from that was like snow. 1 re-x of the goo after i dried it for two weeks and it was brown sticky chunks that are very active. Perfect for changa.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

explorer7
#25 Posted : 8/5/2014 12:28:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

entheo, great info, i really appreciate it.

can you share something about the difference in experience between smoked acacia "goo (NMT and DMT) vs. smoked mimosa crystals?

[quote=Entheogenerator]The oily extracts of Acacia confusa have been shown to be a combination of NMT and DMT. There may be small amounts of oils/fats, but defatting is not necessary with Acacia confusa. IIRC, the oil and fat content of Acacia confusa is comparable to that of Mimosa hostilis, which is to say that for all intents and purposes it is negligible. If you are not satisfied with the DMT/NMT goo (although many members prefer it to crystals), recrystallizing or using ThickLight's tek will yield white DMT crystals which produce effects indistinguishable from DMT extracted from Mimosa hostilis.
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

Shadowlord
#26 Posted : 8/16/2014 7:41:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Been lots of great info in this thread thus far and will be watching it. Picked up my ACRB and am simmering and reducing away. Much different smelling bark with a much redder color to it, not like the powdery pink/purple of good MHRB. Have friends at other sites as well as here that have had success with this material, so I'm excited and hopeful.

Earthwalker
#27 Posted : 8/17/2014 9:15:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shadowlord wrote:
Been lots of great info in this thread thus far and will be watching it. Picked up my ACRB and am simmering and reducing away. Much different smelling bark with a much redder color to it, not like the powdery pink/purple of good MHRB. Have friends at other sites as well as here that have had success with this material, so I'm excited and hopeful.

I've had excellant results with ACRB IMO it's the bees knees !Thumbs up

Shadowlord
#28 Posted : 8/17/2014 9:49:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's awesome Earthwalker.
The others I've talked to have mostly had good luck and I got the vendor from a very knowledgeable friend who has used their wares with success, so I'm very excited!

skoobysnax
#29 Posted : 8/17/2014 10:55:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulman wrote:
Thanks for the info guys.
I dont really have access to the material required to try and separate nmt/dmt, needless to say, i suspect the extract was predominantly nmt, as it was a very different feel and a lot dmt features (that one experiences with mhrb extraction) were absent.

I did read somewhere, that the afterglow with nmt is a little longer, which may account for why your experience lasted longer skoobysnax?

I like your idea of adding with mhrb extract to see how they work together, but as for working with it on its own, i didnt get a great deal from.

Shall report back when this occurs Thumbs up

The first ACRB I ever got I had the same experience. Low to no visuals and deep bodyload BUT it was all white crystals with one Re-X. I changed sources and used the same tek with much better bioessay results but actually more goo which hardened with lots of scrapings and a RE-X. I saved the old batch to try out the dry ice nmt removal but have not done it yet. So IMO source matters a lot and if you can get whole bark do so. The extra work is worth it.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

PREV12