We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Vaping with e-cig juice Options

anrchy
#41 Posted : 10/31/2013 11:10:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That sounds more like a cop-out.

You haven't given any info really, just that it works for you and how much you used. We need info gathered as far as what voltage works best, atomizer resistance, brands of pg/vg ect.

I'm currently trying out a different brand of Pg, I think it's pg, and am not noticing any negative side effects yet. Both kinds were zero nicotine. I'm also quiting smoking so I don't want any nicotine in my system.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

sleapea
#42 Posted : 11/2/2013 10:04:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry you feel that way.
I've posted exactly what was used and how it was done.

Voltage - SWIM hasn't tried out all the settings on his variable battery that ranges from 3.2 to 4.8. SWIM stays on 4.0V.
Atomizer - The one that came inside the T3S. Sorry I don't know the ohm.
VG - 30%. Spearmint menthol. No nicotine. Packaged by brand QuickNicJuice.

I will answer what I can. Anything else?

anrchy
#43 Posted : 11/3/2013 5:05:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok so im gonna change it up a little. These are the things I have found in my searches:

Pharmaceutical grade bases for E-Cigs: CLICK

Dry Herb Atomizer: CLICK

So first I am going to try the dry herb atomizer. It looks as though it will work just like the GVG without the need for a torch. With a variable voltage battery the temperature should be competent enough to vaporize DMT. I am going to try this first so that I dont have to worry about dumping half a gram or more DMT into a liquid that I am not sure that I can recover it from. Actually I am fairly confident this dry herb atomizer will work. Included is a picture of the basic components of the dry atomizer.

Also, instead of PG or VG or PEG, I am going to attempt to saturate pharm grade aqueous glycerin with DMT. It seems that water (deionized) can be used to dilute glycerin so I am curious if you can dilute PG and/or VG with water as well. I dont see why not.
anrchy attached the following image(s):
Image2.jpg (22kb) downloaded 445 time(s).
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

expandaneum
#44 Posted : 11/3/2013 11:36:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

he,

This is a interesting device i'm really looking forward to your conclusions on this.

As far as the e Sig approach I will tune in once its delivered form china.
For me i think i will still us my vapor geny for the breakthrough but then use the esig for stretching the comeback since you can operate it without a lighter with relative ease.

Also on reclaiming your spice from the peg pg or vg i think it would work to just dissolve your e liquid in xyleen or naphtha and then salt it out with vinegar and then re base.(have not tested this jet)

Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

Rifle
#45 Posted : 11/3/2013 6:45:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It seems that water (deionized) can be used to dilute glycerin so I am curious if you can dilute PG and/or VG with water as well. I dont see why not.

Pretty sure every solvent we've mentioned in this thread is miscible w/ water and miscible with each other, so they all can be diluted with water. Problem is that doing so will very quickly drop the solubility of the mixture since DMTfb is not soluble in water. As far as I can tell AG is just VG that has been pre-diluted with water by about 10-20%, so DMT solubility in it is likely to be lower than the other solvents.

After experimenting with the ProTank and plain PEG-400 I'd say most of my problems with it were due to the poor performance it has when it's less than half full, so I'm going to get the mini version. Can't believe how much DMT and clearomizers I've went through getting this figured out, but that's what I get for rushing trying to get it done before it got too cold to camp. Guess I'll just have to look forward to having this setup for the first snow (which was the first time I ever did DMT Big grin. Coming up on the one-year anniversary).
She's real. She's got red lips.

Bill Cipher
#46 Posted : 11/3/2013 6:56:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, how much would you say should be loaded into the Protank II, if you were planning on keeping the bigger one?

Rifle
#47 Posted : 11/3/2013 9:00:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, based on my limited experience I'd say 1.5ml to be safe, but starting with a full tank is probably best, so then I'd think you could just find out by using it until it stopped working well. I also have just the Protank, not II. Just be aware if you're venturing into this, that the Protank can eat up or leak significant amount of juice if it's not functioning properly resulting in major DMT loses. I think a lot of it was due to stupid things I tried though. If you try this and can't get hits from it, I'd recommend starting by thinning the juice with a few drops of ethanol as the answer. I don't know why that wouldn't work with a full tank, but another option is removing one of the flavor wicks (google it), but I lost quite a bit of juice when I tried this out with too thin of juice, so beware.

Rifle
#48 Posted : 11/3/2013 9:21:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But when I filled it up with plain PEG-400 I only used ~2ml and it's working fine. A good idea, especially for people like me who don't use e-cigs, is definitely to experiment with plain solutions to get some experience with your device first. I was just in a rush and didn't realize all the complications that could arise.

BTW, this plain PEG-400 is easier to inhale than the nicotine containing e-cigs I tried.

anrchy
#49 Posted : 11/4/2013 7:56:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I still think using ethanol is your issue. Anyway, thats very strange that your tank doesn't operate well when it starts to get low. It's a bottom coil so it should work until your pretty much completely out of liquid. I have the Kanger EVOD and it seems to continue to vape until it's empty. I also don't experience any leaks or anything like that.

Would think that maybe you should just use an atomizer and drip. You'd lose a lot less that way and can adjust your doses by number of drips.

Bill Cipher
#50 Posted : 11/4/2013 5:18:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I meant what is the optimal amount of DMT per ml?

anrchy
#51 Posted : 11/5/2013 3:43:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well that didn't work. Seems the coil doesn't get anywhere near hot enough. I can't get it to produce enough heat to smoke weed. So I'm not even going to attempt it with dmt.

So I have some pure PG and some pure Glycerine. I think I'm going to make a 50/50 mixture of the two
, 1ml, and dump half a gram of Dmt into it. I'd hate to do it but it's in the name of science.

Rifle
#52 Posted : 11/5/2013 6:24:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Anyway, thats very strange that your tank doesn't operate well when it starts to get low.

Yeah, didn't see that coming. But on one website it said so in the operating instructions and to keep it at least 1/3 full. All these different issues is why this ROA needs a good guide. Different tanks with different concentrations or mixtures can develop issues and it sounds like the standard .5g/3ml mixture i've heard of few times isn't strong enough for a lot of people. Part of that might be to the throat hit PG creates on sensitive throats, limiting the amount of vapor that can be taken in.

Quote:
I meant what is the optimal amount of DMT per ml?

Depends and not yet determined really. There's been multiple posts where a standard bottom coil w/ .5g DMTfb mixed with PG to obtain a final volume of 3ml works dependably, but is a bit weak. If you want it stronger you could take .5g DMTfb and incrementally mix in PG to try to use just enough to dissolve it. Stirring helps it absorb quicker, but once you near saturation it seems to take a long time for the DMT to dissolve. Also, I hypothesize that doing this may present problems with the solution cracking non-glass tanks (due to having a high PH) or being too viscous to wick to the heating coil correctly. You could always just add more PG til you get to a workable viscosity though.

Quote:

Well that didn't work. Seems the coil doesn't get anywhere near hot enough. I can't get it to produce enough heat to smoke weed. So I'm not even going to attempt it with dmt.

If they have replaceable coils it should be possible to get one with a much lower resistance that would be much hotter. Like something at 1.5 Ohms or lower.

anrchy
#53 Posted : 11/5/2013 7:06:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya this one isn't replaceable. There's another style that I will try but I'm going to go ahead and do a mix tomorrow. Hopefully get something working.

You should do some sort of test to see if basic solutions vs weak ethanol solutions effect the plastic parts.

I'm going to keep the majority in a dropper bottle as I don't want to lose half a gram to chance.

xram
#54 Posted : 11/5/2013 9:08:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, getting the coil hot enough is really not the problem. That might be an issue with vaporizing THC (I think it has a higher vaporization point), but DMT vaporizes at low temps and is very easy to burn. With my normal-resistance clearomizer (vision ego v2), I find that the lowest voltage on the twist (3.2) works best. I judge this by the efficacy of the hits, and also by the fact that anything over 3.6 starts to get that burnt plastic taste. Again, this is just my personal experience and it may be different depending on your setup.

I do not have the solution completely saturated and thus I don't think it would be practical to break through at the moment, but three decent draws yields a fairly visual experience.

anrchy
#55 Posted : 11/5/2013 9:44:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xram wrote:
In my experience, getting the coil hot enough is really not the problem. That might be an issue with vaporizing THC (I think it has a higher vaporization point), but DMT vaporizes at low temps and is very easy to burn. With my normal-resistance clearomizer (vision ego v2), I find that the lowest voltage on the twist (3.2) works best. I judge this by the efficacy of the hits, and also by the fact that anything over 3.6 starts to get that burnt plastic taste. Again, this is just my personal experience and it may be different depending on your setup.

I do not have the solution completely saturated and thus I don't think it would be practical to break through at the moment, but three decent draws yields a fairly visual experience.

Well this is a very different setup. Plus this thing is suppose to be able to vaporize weed, some say it actually combusts it. Either I got a faulty unit or its just horrible quality. I just tried with some changa and I couldnt taste anything. Nothing was happening. The temperature is too poor. The changa was untouched, not even discolored.

So I was GOING to dump 500mg of DMT in with some PG. I chickened out. Instead I put somewhere around 0.5ml - 0.6ml of PG in a dropper bottle and 125mg DMT is currently dissolving. I should have crushed the DMT up more into a finer powder but I didnt. I think this would be important to be as efficient as possible. I am going to wait until tomorrow before I decide what to do next. Either I am going to add another 125mg to the mixture or I am going to bioassay the current mixture.

At my current concentration I would "technically" have to vaporize 80ml to get 20mg of DMT. So far it looks as though the mixture is evenly distributed. I feel pretty confident about all this so only time will tell. I will post what I have done/found tomorrow.

Kerberos
#56 Posted : 11/6/2013 9:53:56 AM

Michael

xram wrote:
Instead I put somewhere around 0.5ml - 0.6ml of PG in a dropper bottle and 125mg DMT is currently dissolving....At my current concentration I would "technically" have to vaporize 80ml to get 20mg of DMT.

Shocked Confused Is this one of those Zen thingies? were you start out with a small amount, 0.5ml- 0.6ml and end up with a lot more? I know DMT expands your mind but i have never heard of it expanding liquidsLaughing

To get 20mg of DMT at the concentrations stated you would need to vaporize .096ml, or am i missing something?

Kerberos
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

JesusBuiltMyHotRod
#57 Posted : 11/6/2013 10:40:12 AM

They all sing the same refrain: It's fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

Has anyone looked at the G-Pen? I know someone with a G-Pen mini and it works great for honey oil and keeps a relatively low heat and the vapor never gets dense or nasty either. I'd imagine it stays around 375-475F but that is just my guess and feel after trying it.

Not necessarily using e-cig liquid but that may be an advantage since you can just drop in your based material, tap the heat until it melts and sticks and then tap and inhale slowly to get a good cloud without burning it.

You don't have to dissolve it and figure out mL, worry about solubility or purity and you know exactly what you put in.
"Whereas modern cynicism brought despair about the ability of the human species to realize laudable ideals, postmodern cynicism doesn't โ€”not because it's optimistic, but because it can't take ideals seriously in the first place. The prevailing attitude is Absurdism. A postmodern magazine may be irreverent, but not bitterly irreverent, for it's not purposefully irreverent; its aim is indiscriminate, because everyone is equally ridiculous. And anyway, there's no moral basis for passing judgment. Just sit back and enjoy the show. " - Robert Wright

"An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex." - Aldous Huxley

anrchy
#58 Posted : 11/6/2013 10:47:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

JesusBuiltMyHotRod wrote:
Has anyone looked at the G-Pen? I know someone with a G-Pen mini and it works great for honey oil and keeps a relatively low heat and the vapor never gets dense or nasty either. I'd imagine it stays around 375-475F but that is just my guess and feel after trying it.

Not necessarily using e-cig liquid but that may be an advantage since you can just drop in your based material, tap the heat until it melts and sticks and then tap and inhale slowly to get a good cloud without burning it.

You don't have to dissolve it and figure out mL, worry about solubility or purity and you know exactly what you put in.

What I used earlier is basically the G-pen. Although who knows maybe its a knock off. Either way it was disappointing to say the least.

UNTM made it aware to me that The G-Coil should work. So I will be looking into that in the near future.

JesusBuiltMyHotRod
#59 Posted : 11/6/2013 11:06:05 AM

They all sing the same refrain: It's fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

I agree that the G-Pen is total shit, but the mini for whatever reason worked WAY better than the original G-Pen.

The original G-Pen is literally a rebranded 10 dollar e-cig I can buy at the tobacco store across the street, no joke.
"Whereas modern cynicism brought despair about the ability of the human species to realize laudable ideals, postmodern cynicism doesn't โ€”not because it's optimistic, but because it can't take ideals seriously in the first place. The prevailing attitude is Absurdism. A postmodern magazine may be irreverent, but not bitterly irreverent, for it's not purposefully irreverent; its aim is indiscriminate, because everyone is equally ridiculous. And anyway, there's no moral basis for passing judgment. Just sit back and enjoy the show. " - Robert Wright

"An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex." - Aldous Huxley

anrchy
#60 Posted : 11/6/2013 11:19:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok. First Bioassay.

Approx 0.5ml PG/125mg DMT

1 drop of mixture was placed in a 3.0 ohm atomizer. Multiple hits were required for threshold sensations. I was unable to get past threshold. For a full drop I was able to make 19+ inhalations. This causes me to be concerned that this wont work so well.

I have no upped the dose. There is 250mg of DMT dissolving in roughly 0.5ml of PG. I am actually surprised how much DMT can saturate such a low amount of PG. Tomorrow will be Bioassay #2.

Edit: It hasnt been confirmed but UNTM helped me locate what we believe is the boiling point of DMT and PG. Vaporization point will be just above these temperatures if they are correct.

DMT: 325.84C
PG: 186C

Sources:

http://www.chemspider.co...ical-Structure.5864.html
http://www.chemspider.co...-Structure.13835224.html

PREV12345NEXT»