We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Vaping with e-cig juice Options

Rifle
#21 Posted : 10/25/2013 1:21:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:

The problem is that propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin both vaporize at lower temperatures than DMT does.

so does boiling point not approximately equal vaping point? wikipedia has PG at a 371 F boiling point which is right in the 360-380 F theoretical range given for DMT.
She's real. She's got red lips.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

anrchy
#22 Posted : 10/25/2013 3:00:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw that too. I am not sure myself as to what the actual numbers for either are as far as vape point.

That information would be very useful for both. As well as what exact device OP is using, atomizer battery ect. I want to add by no means is my information conclusive. Admittedly my ecig/dmt experience is less that of OP.

I think I'll join in on this. I'd really like to see this work, as well as provide exact details on how if no one ends up doing so.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Rifle
#23 Posted : 10/25/2013 6:26:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well for anyone looking to get into the e-cig method at this point I'd say a variable voltage eGo battery (and charger) and a Kanger T3s clearomizer seem like a good place to start. Both seem pretty easy to find (multiple e-cig shops in my area have both) and shouldn't cost much more than 30 bucks, and that's all the hardware you'll need. Both are available at altsmoke.com, which I hear is a reputable vendor and seems very professional.

The variable voltage battery will allow you to adjust the voltage going to the heating element in the clearomizer and therefore how much heat it produces, which seems totally worth the like 5 extra bucks it costs at this point. I should be able to report on my experiences with this setup by the end of the weekend.

xram
#24 Posted : 10/26/2013 1:39:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been experimenting with this method a bit as well, as the quick big rips from my bong still scare me with the rapid onset (I am a noob). I put about 100mg spice in about .5ml menthol ecig juice and put that in an ego vision v2 clearomizer on a joye ego c twist battery (variable voltage). I know this solution is not concentrated enough for breakthrough, but I get decent threshold effects from two good puffs. I believe it should be possible to go deeper if more spice is dissolved. It seems to vape well and does not taste burnt. For portable pick me ups it seems great tool to have in one's kit. The whole setup cost about 40 bucks.

gilga_mesh
#25 Posted : 10/26/2013 2:53:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a e-cig battery that offers a wide range of voltage variations, although at $179 the price tag is hefty:

http://www.provape.com/p...e-voltage-ecig-s/36.htm#

"The ProVari can be adjusted from 2.9 - 6.0 volts in 0.1 volt increments."

I wonder if this would be useful for spicing
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

xram
#26 Posted : 10/26/2013 9:48:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The twist goes from 3.2 to 4.8 in increments of .2, and is only like $25.

Rifle
#27 Posted : 10/26/2013 10:21:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, well I got one good session of DMT e-cig in and it worked very well. Needed very little vapor to get the effects I wanted and ended up tripping for about 30 minutes since it was so easy to just take another puff. However, the top of the T3s tank cracked while it laid untouched in my desk overnight. I don't think there's anyway something that is only 20% ehtanol could have done that (plus this mixture didn't cause any problem for the other plastic/rubber materials in the tank), so I think it maybe happened due to how basic the juice was. I ended up being able to get all the DMT from the freeze precip in there. I didn't have a scale, so I couldn't measure, but when I put the liquid into the e-cig tank it said there was 1.5ml of it and there had to be at least 800mg of DMT in it, but it probably was actually quite a bite more than that. So just a little bit of ethanol seems to allow you to reach pretty high concentrations. It did seem like it was getting close to saturated though because the last bit I added took much longer to dissolve (3+ hours). Anyways, there's some report of T3s cracking when very acidic juices are used, so I figure it could happen with very basic mixtures as well and that's why it cracked but I don't know.

Besides that this ROA worked perfect for me. Just need to find a tank that can withstand the juice. I think the Kanger ProTank II should be able to handle it and should vape the same. Probably will pick one up today.

gilga_mesh
#28 Posted : 10/26/2013 11:47:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xram wrote:
The twist goes from 3.2 to 4.8 in increments of .2, and is only like $25.

Thanks! that sounds way better for my wallet.

Rifle wrote:

Besides that this ROA worked perfect for me. Just need to find a tank that can withstand the juice. I think the Kanger ProTank II should be able to handle it and should vape the same. Probably will pick one up today.

nice one! Did you manage to breakthrough with it?
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Rifle
#29 Posted : 10/27/2013 1:49:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gilga_mesh wrote:

nice one! Did you manage to breakthrough with it?

I never have; I've never tried. I'm sure I will someday, but I've found DMT quite rewarding at even low doses, so that's what I've stuck to. But with respect to breaking through, I will say it was much easier and quicker to get to DMT into my system with this than it is with 1:1 changa. But I have sensitive lungs so I have to take it slow with that. But I also have to take it slow with this. I can't inhale regular e-cig smoke without coughing, but for someone who has no trouble with that I think it'd be totally possible to break through. I probably only took less than 10 seconds worth of a hit total to get where I wanted and I had the voltage (i.e. heat) on the lowest setting. Almost no visible vapor came out of my mouth when I exhaled. It might even be possible for me to breakthrough if I try, but for breakthroughs I might have to develop a mix that has less PEG-400 in it so that it I can inhale more vapor without coughing. And for that I'll probably want to test how much ethanol can be in the mix with out harming the plastic/rubber gaskets that make the tank not leak. A higher mix of ethanol would also allow for more potent juice to be mixed if this actually isn't potent enough for a breakthrough.

Anyways, I've been in much of a DMT mood lately, very busy, but I had been wanting to go deeper and closer to breakthrough levels before that, so someday I should have a more definitive answer on how easy it would be to breakthrough w/ this setup once I get back in the mood.

And BTW, I just found out there's a mini version of the Kanger Protank, which is probably better for this since it holds ~ 1ml instead of 2.4ml. I already bought the full sized version though. They say it works best to avoid leaks if you keep it at least 1/3 full, but with how viscous this mixture is I don't think leaks will be too much of a concern.

Global_Roaming
#30 Posted : 10/27/2013 10:02:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are pyrex bottom coil tanks available - I forget the brand/model, but I'm pretty sure they're available through fasttech
/peace out brothers and sisters

anrchy
#31 Posted : 10/27/2013 11:33:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rifle, are you saying the clear part of the tank is what cracked?

So I was reading in some other threads about this. Is it possible that somehow using this method it can take less DMT to get the same effects compared to other methods. I ask this because of this remark:
Quote:
2) Much more efficient with the spice than any way I've done it. In fact, I think the whole vaporized dose recommendations are changed somehow. I estimate that a common puff with one of the common vape setups has about 2-5 mg dmt in it. Three hits and you are past breakthrough and 6 good hits and you drop the device for sure. You can hit it pretty quickly. They make setups that create much bigger hits if you wanted.

Rifle
#32 Posted : 10/28/2013 2:19:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Kanger ProTank series is pyrex glass.

Quote:
rifle, are you saying the clear part of the tank is what cracked?

Yes, it was actually the plastic that makes up the mouth piece, but it also makes up part of the tank. If you kept the tank upright this might not happen, but being able to lay it down seems pretty desirable.

Quote:
Is it possible that somehow using this method it can take less DMT to get the same effects compared to other methods.

The only way I can see that happening is if via the other methods there is some DMT going to waste and there's not with this route. I read that it actually takes the nicotine inhaled via e-cigs slightly longer to take effect as compared to with cigarettes, so I feel like the vapor from the PG may actually slow absorption of the DMT slightly.

anrchy
#33 Posted : 10/28/2013 2:49:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rifle wrote:
However, the top of the T3s tank cracked while it laid untouched in my desk overnight. I don't think there's anyway something that is only 20% ehtanol could have done that (plus this mixture didn't cause any problem for the other plastic/rubber materials in the tank), so I think it maybe happened due to how basic the juice was.

there's some report of T3s cracking when very acidic juices are used, so I figure it could happen with very basic mixtures as well and that's why it cracked but I don't know.

If it didnt effect the other pieces, it wouldnt make any sense to conclude it was due to being basic over the ethanol doing it. Could the other plastic pieces be of a different type of plastic? From what I have read ethanol does damage certain plastics.

I have a question. What would be the benefit over using PEG rather than PG or VG? And has anyone established an amount of DMT that no longer dissolves in one of those e-liquids?

Rifle
#34 Posted : 10/28/2013 9:54:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
If it didnt effect the other pieces, it wouldnt make any sense to conclude it was due to being basic over the ethanol doing it. Could the other plastic pieces be of a different type of plastic? From what I have read ethanol does damage certain plastics.

True, my main reasons were the low concentration of alcohol and the similarity to cases that have been reported with acidic juices. It sounds like the damage alcohol does to plastics and rubbers isn't the type that causes it to crack. But in the end I did conclude that I don't know. Heck, I don't even know for sure that dissolving DMTfb in a solution makes it basic, but it seems like things I've read have implied it.

Quote:
I have a question. What would be the benefit over using PEG rather than PG or VG? And has anyone established an amount of DMT that no longer dissolves in one of those e-liquids?

Not sure, I bought some PEG-400 for a different project, so that's what I had on hand. I've heard people mention DMT might be slightly more soluable and I have my hopes that it's slightly less harsh than PG, but there might not really be much difference between PG and PEG-400. It sounds like there are significant differences between PG and VG. I heard VG is suppose to not be harsh at all, but that it causes some bad physical side effects for some people. Not sure about DMT solubility with it.

I couldn't find anyone here that has determined the solubilities. I wouldn't bother figuring it out for ethanol, seems plenty soluble, but it might be good to figure it out for PG.

anrchy
#35 Posted : 10/28/2013 10:40:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

K, I'm going to get some pg and dissolve 500mg to see how it dissolves in a small amount of it. I have so heard about adverse side effects of vg so I'll just avoid it altogether.

Just trying to figure out if I should go with pg or peg.

anrchy
#36 Posted : 10/30/2013 6:23:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well... I think PG gives me negative side effects. Been trying it by its self, zero nicotine, and I am getting chest pains, dry spot in my throat, shortness of breath. These all go away 15 min or so after stopping.

I don't think it would be a problem for dosing DMT but its kind of disappointing.

Rifle
#37 Posted : 10/31/2013 1:41:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
well... I think PG gives me negative side effects. Been trying it by its self, zero nicotine, and I am getting chest pains, dry spot in my throat, shortness of breath. These all go away 15 min or so after stopping.

I don't think it would be a problem for dosing DMT but its kind of disappointing.

Yeah, I was afraid of that for myself since I heard it was responsible for making e-cigs feel more like regular cigs when inhaling. Hence my interest in ethanol as the solvent. PEG-400 worked since I didn't have to inhale much to get effects, but I think it's responsible for the tickle that limits how much I can inhale, so I dunno if it's much different. You could give VG a shot, but it's so thick as-is and I dunno about DMT solubility in it, so it may have to be combined with ethanol.

As towards my progress, I couldn't get any hits with this ProTank and I choose all the wrong potential solutions to fix it and loss some juice in the process, so it's going to be a week or so until I have more to get back to work on this. What I think happened is the ethanol evaporated off so that the juice got too thick. Probably happened when it sat in a broken tank all day, but it may evaporate from closed tank too, so might have to occasionally add ethanol to keep the viscosity up. But I also read a way to make the tank work better with more viscous juices.

The other possibility is that this tank doesn't work well when not very full, which the product description warns about... might have to buy the mini version... Confused

anrchy
#38 Posted : 10/31/2013 1:50:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uhg. I'm wondering if this is the kind of thing that causes this whole thing to dead end. Where is OP? It would be nice if people who create such threads announcing something that works would continue working on it. Especially when members of the community try and contribute.

I'm gonna have to find some vg and peg-400 so I can at least experiment. I'm already into this money wise so I can't stop now. I'm thinking about pm'ing other members with experience on this so we can close this door once and for all.

Anyone have advice as to how I can find out what pharmaceutical grade chemicals are safe for inhalation so I can find alternatives. Everything I read says none of the currently used ecig juice chems have been tested as safe for inhalation.

Rifle
#39 Posted : 10/31/2013 6:32:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, for me I know this works, I just need to find a tank that can withstand the juice while still delivering a hit. Worst case I go back to the T3s but just always have to keep it upright.

But it still might work somewhat for you. Adding DMT to the solvents in high concentrations significantly increases their volume, so when you vape the DMT juice you won't be getting as dense of PG vapor. Also, I really needed very little vapor to get the effects, and maybe in small, somewhat diluted quanitities PG vapor won't be so bad for you. But that does ruin the chance for breakthough, but maybe you could still use your ecig to prolong the trip with easy additional hits. If you try it out and it doesn't work you may be able to recover the DMT as hypothesized in another thread: "If you dilute the PG-dmt mixture in a much greater volume of acetone and then salt it out with FASA you have good chances of getting the DMT back."

But as for safe solvents, I'd think ethanol should be pretty free of health effects at the low amounts that will be involved with vaping. I think the components in the ProTank can with stand it as the only plastic/rubber I see is the same semi-translucent kind that withstood 95% ethanol in the other tank without problems. It appears to be more the black rubber that you need to stay away from with ethanol heavy mixtures. If you do use ethanol you'll probably want to really load it with DMT to get the viscosity up a bit.

sleapea
#40 Posted : 10/31/2013 10:27:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
Sorry but this is all the information I have. SWIM is out of spice.

I only recommended using the e-juice made specifically for these types of vaporizers. I am not familiar with creating my own. SWIM used a 0 nicotine, 30% VG, spearmint with menthol that comes prepared by QuickNicJuice.

I can't take the vapor straight to my lungs without coughing, unless its 0 nicotine and has some menthol in it. When I first started I was vaping every waking moment to fight my cigarette cravings. I would get minor chest pains and I caught a small cold. Which was odd because I never get sick. I think it was the physical withdrawal of cigarettes after 20 years of smoking. Also, I was getting more nicotine than I did while I was smoking. The nicotine does give you a fuzzy feeling in your throat, but nicotine gum will give you that same feeling when you chew it. I was back to normal after a couple days.

I just bought a Kangertech Protank II and I would use this in place of the T3S. I know rifle has had problems with both tanks, but his solution is different than the one I mention in this method.

I hope my information has helped. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

PREV1234NEXT»