We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Datura inoxia: an amazing sleep aid and dream enhancer Options

jaguar
#61 Posted : 6/3/2010 12:35:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:

I wonder if such a pill is legal to sell in the US? Anyone know? In the US I haven't seen anything recently OTC that contains things like Datura. Were these plants banned in the US for use in OTC pills? I know scopolamine used to be in OTC sleeping pills, but not anymore.

Well, those are homeopathic pills. Are they really not available in the US?

There are dilutions that are so much diluted that they would probably not even contain a single molecule of the substance. This way you can even buy cannabis in Europe, but of course diluted like "potency" 30 or something like that.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ThirdEyeVision
#62 Posted : 6/3/2010 8:29:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
ThirdEyeVision, SWIM got that fear feeling before a few times, but now he never does. I think it’s just your mind playing tricks on you because you know the seeds are dangerous.

I agree. last night a single seed was eaten and the felling was missing. Dreams were still very vivid. Odd too. I just remember asking everyone why they were there and when they looked at me their faces were a blur (like smudged paint)
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

ThirdEyeVision
#63 Posted : 6/3/2010 8:31:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
rOm wrote:
yes, they are sold in europe, in france actually and their brand is called Boiron ( http://www.boiron.fr/ making tinctures and all sort of sublingual pills and sirup).

I wonder if such a pill is legal to sell in the US? Anyone know? In the US I haven't seen anything recently OTC that contains things like Datura. Were these plants banned in the US for use in OTC pills? I know scopolamine used to be in OTC sleeping pills, but not anymore.

They sell them in the states. CVS has them in their holistic section. Even teething pills for infants all have belladonna.
ThirdEyeVision

69ron
#64 Posted : 6/3/2010 9:23:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They're "homeopathic" which explains it. I never look at "homeopathic" products. I don't believe they work. They contain such small amounts of their actives that often you'd have to take several gallons for it to do anything at all.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

ThirdEyeVision
#65 Posted : 6/4/2010 12:20:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
They're "homeopathic" which explains it. I never look at "homeopathic" products. I don't believe they work. They contain such small amounts of their actives that often you'd have to take several gallons for it to do anything at all.

Very true.
Hylands Teething Tablets contain..........get ready........0.0003% Belladonna 3X HPUS (whatever that means)
ThirdEyeVision

Chalchiuhtlicue
#66 Posted : 6/6/2010 4:48:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Datura grows as a weed in S. California,particiularly in the coastal Santa Barbara region, and was used by the Chumash native peoples there to encourage visions. A friend who grew up in the area tells me local young people in the '60s experimented with it with disasterous effects, including death, due to total ignorance. Extreme care is advised.

The flowers of this plant are wonderful to contemplate. Just communing with the plant (not ingesting it) is metaphysically stimulating. Smile Seeds come in prickly pods after the flowers are gone. The pods break open and dispense the seeds...so if you're collecting them in the wilde, the optimum time would be just as they start to turn brown/dried-up looking, but before they break open. I am wondering if cllipping the branches and letting the seed "mature" in a brown paper bag (like you do for some herbs) would affect the potency of the seeds. It would certainly make havesting simpler.

Attached: Chumash painting attributed to datura cermonials. "Painted Cave" north of Santa Barbara, CA.
Chalchiuhtlicue attached the following image(s):
PaintedCaveArtCA.jpg (65kb) downloaded 189 time(s).
"Hang in there. The light only comes at the END of the tunnel." [i]Letters to Oso, 2010

rOm
#67 Posted : 6/9/2010 11:12:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After a cure of two months from Silene Capensis (vivid dreams and dreams recollection) the effects faded soon after he stopped using it.
It was time to find out if Datura inoxia seeds (4 to 5) would be effective for the same purpose.

He did two nights in the row last week and last night.
This did the work perfectly. Same vivid dreams and recollection in quality than Silene Capensis. Just that SC is active during the day and brighten colors and, at the beginning, is somewhat stimulating.

Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

jacetea
#68 Posted : 9/5/2010 7:54:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I started with 1 seed to make sure it didn't kill me. I then tried 3, 4, and now 8 seeds. I will try 10 seeds tomorrow but so far I haven't noticed any difference. I still toss and turn at night and I haven't noticed any major physical effects from it either. My dreams are the same as they always are; luckily I've always had vivid dreams. I suck on them for a bit to soften them up. Then I chew them and swallow them down with some water before bed. I think I'll just keep upping the dose until I get to 15 or 20. If I still don't feel anything I wont risk going higher.

Also, strange question but...If the doses recommended are lower than the doses given for Parkinson tremors....How come people taking that dose aren't dosing off all the time? If this was an effective sleep aid / sedative you'd think it would make them sleep all day.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

Phantastica
#69 Posted : 9/5/2010 8:59:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i also haven't noticed any effects on my dreams from 6-8 seeds of inoxia taken ~4 days in a row. i also tried stramonium, and still didn't notice any effects. however, many have very firmly stated that they feel definite effects from datura seeds, so idk whats exactly going on here. perhaps different body chemistry or maybe my seeds were not as potent and active as they should've been since i bought them from ebay..Confused
<3

jacetea
#70 Posted : 9/6/2010 1:47:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just tried 12 seeds last night. I think it was doing something but I can't really be sure. I started feeling heavy and my thoughts were becoming very random. My thoughts tended to drift into dreams more easily. Problem is it kept startling me and forcing me awake. I'll have to keep trying this to see if it wasn't a fluke. It'll take some getting used to. However, if that was actually the effects of the seed I would conclude it's a decent way to fall asleep, even though it is rather hit-or-miss if you don't fall asleep in 45 minutes.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

JesusGreen
#71 Posted : 9/6/2010 8:52:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just for those who are interested, other anti-cholinergic deliriants seem to be good dream enhancers (and sleep aids) too. I had a bit of a deliriant binge a while back, and while they're not exactly very fun drugs while you're on them, I had some really really crazy dreams during that period and for 2 or 3 weeks after I stopped using them. I was having 4-5x more dreams each night, remembering at least 3 dreams a night (I normally don't remember any) - and they were very vivid and abstract, sadly though I found the deliriants dramatically hindered my mental abilities for a month or two after my binge, so I'd recommend anyone doing this, whether you use datura or something else - to keep the doses low, I find regardless of the dosage the dream benefits are there, but the higher you push it, the more negative side effects, both long and short term.

«PREV234