We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Datura inoxia: an amazing sleep aid and dream enhancer Options

Kannamate
#41 Posted : 7/7/2009 10:54:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Right keep low doses no more than 10 seeds of the 2 talked about here. Personally I don't think anybody will have anything bad happen with 1 datura seed of any species whether it's metel,ceratocaula,wrightii etc. The talked about species here do vary slightly by variety just like metel talked about before,(ex metel var. rubra,var. fastuosa etc. ) stramonium has about 6 varieties maybe more var. Inermis having spineless pods.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

azrael
#42 Posted : 7/7/2009 11:46:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

you're right, it was careless. forgot that just anyone can browse through here. will censor for safety and stay scientific.

breakMYhead
#43 Posted : 7/7/2009 4:30:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been usuing Inoxia seeds before bed recently. usually around 4-6 seeds. I've not found it to enhance my dreams, although it does aid a good nights sleep. instead of lying in bed with your mind thinking about mundane life/work it seems to kind of relax your mind so it doesn't go off thinking all different things and you can get to sleep - without any stupefying effects - you still feel normal.

I have found though that sometimes i feel a bit groggy the next day. and also sometimes it makes my throat get a bit 'irritated' much like a sore/dry throat, but it does pass after a few minutes.

Also sometimes I get a slight wave a fear as if 'somethings about to happen!' but that passes as soon as it comes.
i post on behalf of a good friend.

69ron
#44 Posted : 7/7/2009 8:15:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

breakMYhead wrote:
sometimes I get a slight wave a fear as if 'somethings about to happen!' but that passes as soon as it comes.

Interesting. SWIM felt that same thing once when taking 3 Datura stramonium seeds with 75 mg of mescaline. After about 30 minutes into it, there was a slight feeling of fear just like you described with a sense that things were going to get really weird, but it passed after a few minutes.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#45 Posted : 7/7/2009 8:25:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

hmm this reminds SWIM of his datura S. and 115mg bufotenine experiment...
it's a sound

breakMYhead
#46 Posted : 7/8/2009 9:03:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
... there was a slight feeling of fear just like you described with a sense that things were going to get really weird, but it passed after a few minutes.

exactly. i usually think "oh-oh - maybe these alkaloids have built up in my system and now im gonna go a bit nuts..." but it's fine. strange.

69ron
#47 Posted : 7/8/2009 9:19:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is that fleeting fear just from the knowledge that too much of the alkaloids can make you bonkers? Is it just in the mind? Or is that fleeting fear actually part of the experience of scopolamine and hyoscyamine?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

breakMYhead
#48 Posted : 7/8/2009 2:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Is that fleeting fear just from the knowledge that too much of the alkaloids can make you bonkers? Is it just in the mind? Or is that fleeting fear actually part of the experience of scopolamine and hyoscyamine?

it's part of the experience - a fleeting fear, increase in body temperature - and the reason my mind first creates is that it's because of the scopolamine and hyoscyamine. then i rationalise that i'm sticking to safe doses and everything will be okay. the feeling does pass...

i don't think it ever lasts longer than 30 seconds. but i definately think it's an affect from the seeds themselves. it just comes on suddenly, and im not even thinking about the fact that i took them.

69ron
#49 Posted : 7/8/2009 7:30:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The way you describe it is exactly how SWIM experiences it. It must be an effect of the alkaloids. It’s hard to imagine 3 separate people having a similar effect without ever even talking about it beforehand unless the effect is part of the experience.

polytrip
#50 Posted : 7/8/2009 10:16:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Does anybody have any theories on how this stuff enhances dreams?
It's supposed to be just anti-cholinergic, so you would expect it to make you forget your dreams easyer, like with the extended use of cannabis.
But strange enough it seems as if i had a better recollection of the dreams i had, whenever i used this stuff as a sleep-aid.

SKA
#51 Posted : 10/26/2009 3:49:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM can testify for D. Inoxia's Dream Enhancing effects.

He has the rare habbit of chewing 3 D.Inoxia seeds just before bedtime and has experienced it prolongs and deepens his dreams. Making them more coherent, saturated and very well remembered. SWIM hasn't noticed it's abilitiy to bring one asleep easier yet.

SWIM wonders if D.Inoxia's Oneirogenic effects could be strengthened by adding other oneirogenic herbs.
Like D. Inoxia with:
-sublingual salvia to it.
-a mini dose of ayahuasca.
-a mimi dose of Peyote or San Pedro Tea to it.
-Calea Zacatechichi
-Silene Capensis(African DreamRoot)
-a mimi dose of LSD (less than half a blotter)

This asks for experimentation.

jamie
#52 Posted : 10/26/2009 4:35:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

polytrip wrote:
Does anybody have any theories on how this stuff enhances dreams?
It's supposed to be just anti-cholinergic, so you would expect it to make you forget your dreams easyer, like with the extended use of cannabis.
But strange enough it seems as if i had a better recollection of the dreams i had, whenever i used this stuff as a sleep-aid.

After the anti-cholinergic effects wear off I think there is a rebound effect..thats what I have read on lucid dream forums anyway.
Long live the unwoke.

ThirdEyeVision
#53 Posted : 6/3/2010 4:07:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend tried Datura for the first time last night. Not knowing what to expect he ate just one Inoxia seed. About 3 or 4 minutes in he had an overwhelming adrenaline rush followed by a short 15 second feeling of fear. He was fine after that and felt quite nice. He woke up a few times throughout the night with the pins and needle "dead arm" feeling. Not sure if it was related. He did remember his dreams very thoroughly.

What I find odd is the adrenaline followed by fear. He didn't read this thread until today so it was not power of suggestion. He is going to stick with 1 a few more times before he bumps it up. He has an irrational fear that his seeds are stronger than the norm.

EDIT: I should note he took 3mg of Melatonin 30 minutes prior.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

69ron
#54 Posted : 6/3/2010 8:27:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ThirdEyeVision, SWIM got that fear feeling before a few times, but now he never does. I think it’s just your mind playing tricks on you because you know the seeds are dangerous.

arimane
#55 Posted : 6/3/2010 8:41:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've done little sperimentation with d. stramonium too. Never gone up to 8 seeds, although how the content vary from seed to seed is something annoying. I've taken 3 seeds one, and had strong vivid dream, and with 7, 2 days ago, had nothing. Maybe the compound is degradeting, do you know how fast do the seeds lose their actity?
My plants have just made out other fruits, by the way, so in this days I'll try out some freshes =)

I also use in combo with melatonin, but didn't achieve nice results. I just have to practice more, I guess =)

Bad, bad english

rOm
#56 Posted : 6/3/2010 8:49:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you look at this composition for a sublingual pill for children, there are two in it hyoscyamus niger and datura stramonium (they don' say datura for its bad reputation I guess), it is sold as a sleep aid and supposed to fight anxiety prior going to bed.

Chamomilla vulgaris 9 CH - 1,5g
Gelsemium 9 CH - 1,5g
Hyoscyamus niger 9 CH - 1,5g
Kalium bromatum 9 CH - 1,5g
Passiflora incarnata 3 DH - 1,5g
Stramonium 9 CH - 1,5g
pour 100g

Now this one for adult, to fight stress and as a sleep aid, here you find belladona:

Abrus precatorius 6 CH - 0,5mg
Aconitum napellus 6 CH - 0,5mg
Atropa belladonna 6 CH - 0,5mg
Calendula officinalis 6 CH - 0,5mg
Chelidonium majus 6 CH - 0,5mg
Viburnum opulus 6 CH - 0,5mg
Excipients : saccharose, lactose, stéarate de magnésium.

Another one always from the same famous brand of natural remedies, sleep aid and nervous system balancing:

Stramonium 3 DH,
Hyoscyamus niger 3 DH,
Passiflora incarnata 3 DH,
Ballota foetida 3 DH,
Nux moschata 4 CH,
aa 1,2 mg
Excipients : saccharose, gomme arabique, talc, stéarate de magnésium.
qsp 1 comprimé de 0,20 g

All of their remedies concerning sleep aid, anxiety contain Solanaceae genus. I haven't found them using D.inoxia for some reason, maybe they prefer belladona or hyoscyamus niger for the purpose, I don' tknow the alcaloid composition of the last two

Anyway, seeing this it looks like at low dose it can help fight sleep anxiety.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

69ron
#57 Posted : 6/3/2010 8:50:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

arimane wrote:
do you know how fast do the seeds lose their actity?

I don't know. SWIM never has seeds sitting around for more than a few weeks. He doesn't buy herbs or seeds in bulk. He buys what he's going to use within the next few weeks. He doesn’t like having a bunch of herbs sitting around getting old.

69ron
#58 Posted : 6/3/2010 8:54:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
Another one always from the same famous brand of natural remedies, sleep aid and nervous system balancing:

Stramonium 3 DH,
Hyoscyamus niger 3 DH,
Ballota foetida 3 DH,
Nux moschata 4 CH,
aa 1,2 mg
qsp 1 comprimé de 0,20 g

Nux moschata is another name for NUTMEG!

Are these sold in Europe?

rOm
#59 Posted : 6/3/2010 9:01:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
rOm wrote:

Stramonium 3 DH,
Hyoscyamus niger 3 DH,
Ballota foetida 3 DH,
Nux moschata 4 CH,
aa 1,2 mg
qsp 1 comprimé de 0,20 g

Nux moschata is another name for NUTMEG!

Are these sold in Europe?

hahah I thought what the hell is this nut, but stay focused in tracking atropine plant from their stalls.

yes, they are sold in europe, in france actually and their brand is called Boiron ( http://www.boiron.fr/ making tinctures and all sort of sublingual pills and sirup).
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

69ron
#60 Posted : 6/3/2010 11:00:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
yes, they are sold in europe, in france actually and their brand is called Boiron ( http://www.boiron.fr/ making tinctures and all sort of sublingual pills and sirup).

I wonder if such a pill is legal to sell in the US? Anyone know? In the US I haven't seen anything recently OTC that contains things like Datura. Were these plants banned in the US for use in OTC pills? I know scopolamine used to be in OTC sleeping pills, but not anymore.

PREV1234NEXT