We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Spice Saturated D-limonene -> Spice Fumarate SUCCESS! Options

Phlux-
#41 Posted : 5/19/2009 9:29:03 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

the second set of 3 pulls fasw is evaportaing - cant wait to see the outcome.

here are the pix -

unwashed

after washing

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jorkest
#42 Posted : 5/19/2009 9:31:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

HOLY SHIT...dude...SWIM tells me this stuff solidified!! after he evaporated the MEK..it was this sticky..runny honey goo....

then he just started swirling it around with his knife..and right before his eyes it started to harden up!!

its a beautiful LIGHT tan wax!!! SWIM didnt think this stuff would ever get solid like this...hes wicked excited!!

he will send me a picture soon
it's a sound

Jorkest
#43 Posted : 5/19/2009 9:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

doh
it's a sound

Phlux-
#44 Posted : 5/19/2009 9:47:55 PM

The Root

wow man very nice - please describe swiy's freebasing proceedure ? that looks excellent.
the fumarate scraped up from the bowl solidified fast too - not quite that fast but within minutes, very kewl.
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

amor_fati
#45 Posted : 5/19/2009 10:50:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice Jorkest! That's exactly what SWIM gets when he converts his fumarate to freebase with acetone and sodium carbonate. Good to see just how well your method works.

Phlux, is SWIY using the exact same method as Jorkest outlines (NaOH solution)?

Jorkest
#46 Posted : 5/19/2009 11:05:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah SWIM took 2g of sodium carbonate and added that to 1150mg of dmt fumarate PLUS fumaric acid...he then added ~3ml of water..and stirred for about 10 minutes..then put it in the food dehydrator and then crunched the powder up as best as possible..and then took some MEK and added a load of anhydrous magnesium sulfate..to dry it...then poured that through a filter..and then added this to the sodium carbonate and dmt...stirred this for awhile..and then poured off the MEK...and then evaporated..and then stirred the resulting honey mess into a nice light tan wax..that is not sticky in anyway...and smells delicious
it's a sound

amor_fati
#47 Posted : 5/20/2009 2:58:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Fumaric Acid: 116.07g/mol
N,N-DMT: 188.269g/mol
DMT fumarate: 2mol of DMT and 1mol of fumaric acid, 76.438% freebase DMT

for expected 2% yield:
m(fumaric) = .02 * m(MHRB) * 116.07g/mol / 188.269g/mol / 2 = .00617m(MHRB)

If these calculations are correct, for an expected maximum yield of 2% from MHRB, the mass of fumaric acid needed would be about the mass of the MHRB multiplied by 0.00617. So 100g of MHRB (yielding an expected max of 2g) should require about 617mg of fumaric acid.

Quote:
S(fumaric) = .63g/100mL
V(FASW) = m(MHRB) * .00617 * 100mL / .63g = 0.979m(MHRB)mL/g

If one has prepared a FASW solution, the volume required in mL would be the mass of MHRB multiplied by 0.979. So 100g of MHRB should require 97.9mL (effectively 100mL, so 630mg of fumaric acid).

In short, for every 100g MHRB, prepare a FASW solution of 100mL with 630mg of fumaric acid.

This would of course assume adequate mixing (vigorous shaking in an IPA bottle would probably be sufficient) and would most likely be overshooting the actual yield. Judging by the numbers, this technique should be incredibly effective. One could simply use an abundance of materials for salting, since any excess of fumaric acid could easily be recycled; if time for evaporation is an issue, one should probably stick closely to these numbers.

Correct me on any of this if I am mistaken in my math or otherwise.

Jorkest
#48 Posted : 5/20/2009 4:18:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

looks like your math is solid..didnt actually do it out..but the numbers look like they should work..

next time SWIM does this extraction he will just do three d-limonene pulls and then do a large FASW extraction..try to minimize the steps abit...but at least it works..and you actually get nice solid material in all stages
it's a sound

WSaged
#49 Posted : 5/20/2009 4:45:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did I understand you correctly in the begining of this thread, that this is extracting Jungle Spice?

And by that, do you mean that all the alkaloids in the plant are being pulled out at the same time, or that you are pulling out the left over alkaloids from some previously Naptha-extracted Mimosa?
(I'm guessing you are using fresh MHRB here, but I'm just clairifying.)

If so, the DMT fumarate extracted from this tek would be much better suited for using in Pharmauasca, since you would be using the same full-spectrum of alkaloids present when brewing the plant material in a tea, right?

That being the case, how well do you think this process would work with Chacruna or Chaliponga leaves?
Would the excess oils be a problem?

BTW, Nice work man!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phlux-
#50 Posted : 5/20/2009 8:20:04 AM

The Root

okay so the second set of 3 pulls - with heat this time yeilded 360mg unwashed
seems like pull 1 got most of it - the thirds set is evaporating atm

I know i can only talk after swim has freebased it but so far swim is enjoying this tek the most out of any tek hes done and the yeild and small amount of pulls needing to be done is just brilliant - swim highly suggests this tek so far.

i was wondering - does dlimonene pull that kokasaguine ear wax stuff ?

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

smokeydaze
#51 Posted : 5/20/2009 9:25:56 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

warrensaged wrote:
Did I understand you correctly in the begining of this thread, that this is extracting Jungle Spice?

And do you mean that all the alkaloids in the plant are being pulled out at the same time, or that you are pulling out the left over alkaloids from some previously Naptha-extracted Mimosa?

If so, the DMT fumarate extracted from this tek would be much better suited for using in Pharmauasca, since you would be using the same full-spectrum of alkaloids present when brewing the plant material in a tea, right?

That being the case, how well do you think this process would work with Chacruna or Chaliponga leaves?

BTW, Nice work man!!

WS

Yeah I'm a bit lost.. kokasaguine?

You say you used "80g of spice and 80+g lye". That's allot of spice!
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

narmz
#52 Posted : 5/20/2009 2:13:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:
warrensaged wrote:

And do you mean that all the alkaloids in the plant are being pulled out at the same time, or that you are pulling out the left over alkaloids from some previously Naptha-extracted Mimosa?

BTW, Nice work man!!

WS

Yeah I'm a bit lost.. kokasaguine?

You say you used "80g of spice and 80+g lye". That's allot of spice!

I think he must have been referring to the plant material used that contained the spice, not 80g of pure spice.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

amor_fati
#53 Posted : 5/20/2009 4:43:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

warrensaged wrote:

SWIM's been smoking full spectrum yage extractions (toulene pull preciped w/ FASA, FASA converted to freebase by sodium carbonate and acetone), and though he got a little sick of smoking it straight, he loves smoking it with sublingual THH or any harmaloid for that matter.

SWIM's not sure how well this would work for extractions from foliage but would imagine that though drytek's suitability for extractions from MHRB is still questionable, it would be perfectly suited for foliage. And since FASA can be used, the plant fats and oils shouldn't be a problem.

Jorkest
#54 Posted : 5/20/2009 5:02:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah...80g mimosa...i was just so excited about SWIM's progress that i fumbled a few words...i corrected it..

and also this is new mimosa being extracted

SWIM would have to agree with Phlux- this is the most fun hes had extracting..the first pull is AWESOME..it gets so much out at once..you get to see what you are getting at every step..and SWIM tested out a little tiny chunk and it was very powerful..he maybe got like 10mg in..thats all..and the body high came on very fast..and the world became very bright...and on closing his eyes..he was met with some nice visuals..

he was also smoking the stuff that he hadnt figured out the solidifying trick to..so he has no idea how much he actually smoked..

and SWIM has some chaliponga he wants to extract from..so hes gonna try this out..he may try a drytek out with it..but hes not sure..
it's a sound

WSaged
#55 Posted : 5/20/2009 7:40:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool!!

I'm going to start this myself in just a few minutes here.
I'm exited, I've always used a pretty extensive A/B tek with pristine results, this is the first time another tek has sparked my intrest!

I love the fact that it's pulling out all the alkaloids without having to use fucking Xylene!
I extracted Jungle Spice once...once.
The Xylene & the month of drying to get rid of it just did not make sense in my world!!

Cheers

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jorkest
#56 Posted : 5/20/2009 7:52:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes..this is the first time SWIM extracted jungle spice as well..he just never liked the idea of using xylene..because its soo nasty..

what is great about this tek is that its easily modifiable...if you want to do an A/B, drytek, STB, whatever..you can pull with d-limonene and get some nice HARD fumaric salts..instead of goopy ass-etate bung..

and this stuff smells wonderful after its been freebased..its not sticky in anyway..just a nice solid waxy material..similar to crayons
it's a sound

tryptographer
#57 Posted : 5/20/2009 11:57:05 PM

tryptamine photographer

Can't wait to have a go at this... thanks for all the info!

This confirms the idea that naphta is not the best solvent to extract the freebase from the bark. Better for freeze preps.
Has anyone tried to recrystallize this product with the standard naphta freeze precipitation, or is that a bad idea?

Jorkest
#58 Posted : 5/21/2009 12:09:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

no SWIM hasnt try to recrystallize and nor does he want to after his first trial run with 8mg..
yes EIGHT...he wanted to test the waters out at a very low dose and find out how potent the stuff was

well anyway...he put the tiny 8mg crumb on top of some peppermint, passionflower, caapi, and salvia
that had been all mixed together before hand(he was testing the taste of this mix..hes gonna make some changa from it)

so first he melted the little crumb down into the herb..and then took a deep breathe...and then he slowly hit the pipe..
until the herb bed caught...(he had also previously cleaned the pipe so that there wouldnt be any residue from anything else)

usually small doses like this cause sort of an uncomfortable feeling in SWIM..but this was different..
this was blissful..he got mild OEV's and some more intense CEV's..nothing spectacular but oh my god..
the feeling of this stuff is just sooooooo clean and pure and awesome...hes never gotten such a wonderful
high from any dmt hes ever smoked..it tasted wonderful too..probably had something to do with the herb bed as well

but anyway..hes going to up the dose later..but WOW this stuff is powerful and gentle..theres no way hes gonna do a
recrystallization on this stuff..

also an UPDATE on the TEK...out of the first pull hes totaled 715mg..yes the first pull got .89% yield but hes run out of MEK
so he needs to go and get some more acetone or MEK to finish the freebase process..and he may even get a few more mg's
out of the sodium carbonate/dmt fumarate/fumaric acid mix..

this is the happiest hes been with an extraction since his very first successful one

yay for d-limonene and fumaric acid!!
it's a sound

WSaged
#59 Posted : 5/21/2009 12:44:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah man, good find!!
If I could reach that far, I'd pat you on the back!!Wink

I'm pulling the cloudy D-Limo off the Bark solution now & things are looking good!!
And so easy!!

WS

Jorkest
#60 Posted : 5/21/2009 3:42:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dont forget to tell us how it goes!!
it's a sound

PREV12345NEXT