We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Frequency of use of DMT Options

d*l*b
#41 Posted : 9/29/2009 3:02:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me "how often" changes depending on what is going on in the rest of my life. Sometimes I have a couple of journeys in a night, sometimes I can't find the right situation for it in a month.

I suspect that like anything capable of producing altered states of consciousness, it is possible to abuse it, or use it as a crutch or means of escape. In my experience spice will tell me when I shouldn't be visiting so it's kind of self-regulating.

I think we all probably get excited initially and binge. Most, however, will find their personal levels work themselves out after the initial excitement of their first extractions.
D × V × F > R

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

corridors of my cells
#42 Posted : 9/29/2009 3:28:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
For me "how often" changes depending on what is going on in the rest of my life. Sometimes I have a couple of journeys in a night, sometimes I can't find the right situation for it in a month.

I suspect that like anything capable of producing altered states of consciousness, it is possible to abuse it, or use it as a crutch or means of escape. In my experience spice will tell me when I shouldn't be visiting so it's kind of self-regulating.

I think we all probably get excited initially and binge. Most, however, will find their personal levels work themselves out after the initial excitement of their first extractions.

Dude if i was to give an answer to this question i wouldnt summarize it better than you.. yea same exact thing for me, and i think its same for most people around here Smile it tells you when to use Smile if the trip is not enough sometimes 2-3 times a night yea Razz ... i mostly take 2 trips a day whenever i feel like, and thats mostly around 3-7 days frequency.

SnozzleBerry
#43 Posted : 9/29/2009 6:13:11 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

ghostman wrote:
How often is too often?

This is something you'll have to determine for yourself. Everybody's endogenous mix of neurotransmitters is slightly different. Everyone's reaction to drugs is slightly different (to say the least). What works for one person may be wildly incompatible for another. This is LIFE, there are no hard and fast rules (with a disclaimer to the chemists and physicists that I'm speaking more symbolically than arguing against thermodynamics, etc.) and you must carve out your own niche, determine what works for you.

I have gone on spice binges where i smoked once or twice daily for 5 days in a row. I have gone for months without smoking it at all. As many people have already said, the spice will let you know. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it...If you feel that pull, that urge, like the spice is calling, get your "real world" shit in order and answer the call.

Ultimately, the determination rests with you. Wink
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

acolon_5
#44 Posted : 9/29/2009 7:45:30 PM

The Great Namah

One CAN smoke every 30min-1hr. Tolerance builds quickly but also diminishes quickly.

DMT is a weird substance in that the more you smoke it the less you want to. There is a "honeymoon phase" that many people go through, where DMT is smoked daily, or more than 1x daily. Most people, after a while, cut back on their use unconciously. The experience, not the chemical, is what many become obsessed with.

When I discovered DMT I was using it 2x a day for weeks. This lessened to once a week after the honeymoon phase. Now I smoke it every few months.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

dread
#45 Posted : 9/29/2009 7:59:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

^ Very true.

I also smoked every day when I discovered DMT. Huge amounts too.
Now I smoke maybe once-twice a month. And the dosages are moderate, I don't always break through even.

WYSIWYG
#46 Posted : 9/30/2009 1:52:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While the excitement and utter curiosity of exploring hyperspace frequently is extremely attractive, SWIM personally gets more out of the experience when it is not a multiple times a day or even an everyday thing. With each journey you learn a little bit more, and time in between each trips gives you are period of reflection which can aid your next one.

Since there has never been any correlations drawn between DMT usage and health related issues, that is never really the limiting factor of use.
My posts reflect the experiences of a reality that is fictional.

dread
#47 Posted : 9/30/2009 1:54:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Vaporizing basic chemicals might be a bit tough on the lungs, though.

Madcap
#48 Posted : 9/30/2009 5:36:55 AM

illudium Q-36

The honeymoon phase is in effect over here. 1 or 2 times a day about 2 days a week. Shizam! I've just really begun to fine tune my technique (glass vaporgenie) and the breakthroughs are coming pretty steady.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

obliguhl
#49 Posted : 9/30/2009 9:26:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
SWIM personally gets more out of the experience when it is not a multiple times a day or even an everyday thing. With each journey you learn a little bit more, and time in between each trips gives you are period of reflection which can aid your next one.

xactly. Swim told me, that this is exactly his opinion. He can't understand the need to smoke daily or multiple times per day. The real beauty of the experience is to learn something for life.

He's found out, that it really aids him forming "thought patterns" for instance...it's hard to explain. He somehow feels more involved with the mystery and therefore more able to connect his thoughts with the truth.

teotenakeltje
#50 Posted : 9/30/2009 3:51:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well as a matter of fact SWIM hasn't found the courage to hit hyperspace again after his first breakthrough..Sad The experience was so frightening that SWIM is scared to find himself stuck in the same place again. SWIM is thinking on making some changa..didn't think he was such a chicken shit!!

SnozzleBerry
#51 Posted : 9/30/2009 4:39:26 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

teotenakeltje wrote:
SWIM is thinking on making some changa..didn't think he was such a chicken shit!!

First off, no one is a chicken shit for having a tough time, rough experience, scary experience with spice. Changa is not a "chicken shit's" way out of potentially rough experiences with the spice. I would encourage you to try whatever you think will help, but i would suggest meditation and relaxation exercises prior to using spice.

teotenakeltje wrote:
The experience was so frightening that SWIM is scared to find himself stuck in the same place again.

Yea, I had an experience like that the second time i tried spice. My first time was beautiful, i died and felt myself join the allness, saw a Taj Mahal and came down swimming in visualizer art. My second time was full of ominous forebodings and discomfort...i thnk i got lost in the colors, i distinctly remember being over there, yet was fully aware that i'd fallen sideways on my couch and curled up into the fetal position. After that expereince i did not try it again for about two weeks. I returned to hyperspace after those two weeks and my first thought upon breaking through was, "why the hell was i scared of this? This is the most beautiful, all encompassing, majestic...anything!". The spice will do what the spice will do. It can make for rough voyages at times, but it will always teach you something, even if it is as simple as the joy of rebirth/being alive...

I wish you well on your future voyages and suggest that you do whatever you can to make the most confortable atmosphere possible.
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

teotenakeltje
#52 Posted : 10/1/2009 2:20:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks man! I think SURRENDER is the key..when i started to get loaded there was a big 'running away' reaction, everything was so weird so i just didn't want all of this anymore, i wanted to go in my cosy bed and sleep...that's how i got stuck in this mental maddness. Was a good lesson after all!

acolon_5
#53 Posted : 10/1/2009 4:57:44 PM

The Great Namah

teotenakeltje wrote:
Thanks man! I think SURRENDER is the key..when i started to get loaded there was a big 'running away' reaction, everything was so weird so i just didn't want all of this anymore, i wanted to go in my cosy bed and sleep...that's how i got stuck in this mental maddness. Was a good lesson after all!

Yes, to ENJOY the experience one must conciouslly or unconciously LET GO. AS soon as you stop fighting what is happening, you can observe what is happening, and when that happens the terror usually disapears.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

SnozzleBerry
#54 Posted : 10/1/2009 5:46:22 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Yea, definitely forgot to mention surrender. Surrender and Love are the two mantras I most commonly focus on prior to using spice. Bravery/Bravado does not counter fear and apprehension, but surrender and passivity will. Think about it almost as if tension in the body builds up stress/fear/apprehension and locks your soul/spirit/etc into your body and thought loops. Actively fighting this will not make you less tense and allow that release, but surrendering to it will allow you to achieve the slack you need to achieve this release.

I have a close friend who tried spice many times after a beer or two and last week, was really looking forward to his first completely sober trip. However, on this trip he "overshot" where he was hoping to go and wound up in a space of complete nothingness. The interesting thing was, from my vantage point, he fought through the whole trip. Eyes where open despite several calmly worded suggestions to close them, he stood up and rocked back and forth for a while before falling back on the couch and asking me "when will this end". Upon his return we spoke and he told me that he felt too much fear and was not able to let go and surrender to the experience.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

ghostman
#55 Posted : 10/1/2009 8:16:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no trouble letting go, that's not it. I have a fear of flying, airports are fear factories, they freak me out. I find the whole process of getting on a plane so stressful that by the time I'm in the seat, and before the plane has taken off, I am outta there, I am asleep. I let goooo....

DMT is not the same, but it has similarities. I meditate before I take off. I almost fall asleep, in fact, I kind if nap in my chair, with my loaded head-canon next to me. Then when I am calm and breezy, take off.

What freaked me out was the difference in character. There had been a common thread through all my introductory launches, jester-techno-garden-hyper-colour-widget-land. Then, out of the light it all turned very very dark, pitch black, nothing. I had no choice but to surrender, that was not an issue. I simply shit myself when my entire existence was turned to black in a sinister vacuum of nothingness.
Peace in mind, Love in heart

Dimitri-Trance
#56 Posted : 12/11/2009 7:57:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is coalt gonna answer the traveler?
Or Is there really no danger to it....and im not talking about death by astonishment.

jamie
#57 Posted : 12/11/2009 9:07:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"I believe the use of strong entheogens such as DMT more frequently than this can be counterproductive at best and dangerous at it's worst."

Why does it have to be counterproductive at it's BEST?...lots of curranderos take aya every day for years..

I have cycles where I take DMT once every day..this week being one of them..but then I wont touch it for a week or a month or whatever..but I always take something like vilca or mushrooms ar aya once a week or more. I get alot out of it.

You could smoke DMT once every day and it would still be less time spent tripping than if you ate mushrooms or dropped LSD once a week..or ate cacti once a month. DMT I think is nice to smoke at the peak of meditation or after yoga, daily.. I dont like to do this for more than a few days though because I like some time inbetween to integrate.

Everyone is different
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#58 Posted : 12/11/2009 9:16:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Dimitri-Trance wrote:
Is coalt gonna answer the traveler?
Or Is there really no danger to it....and im not talking about death by astonishment.

I don't think coatl's the one to answer that question as he claims to have little if any experience with smoked DMT.

Coatl does say that few long sessions are ok compared too many short ones... I can't see how that is either. If I smoke a lot of DMT in multiple launches on 1 evening I get a headache. If I spread those doses out over the space of a month, I don't.

There is no solid evidence to back up consequences of long term DMT freebase vapour use.

hedcase
#59 Posted : 12/11/2009 9:40:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tend to space out my voyages by week or months..I also have friends who trip no less than 3 times in a sitting.They claim that the second voyage is always the most powerful.I guess it depends on the person.
On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

ambi-lysergance
#60 Posted : 12/11/2009 10:04:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

only when Im ready and want to. frequency for me depends on my state of mind and well being which fluctuates from time to time

can be weeks or months between. I would prob smoke it more but suffer quite badly from pre launch/mid launch anxiety. takes a lot of building up courage-wise for me to go for it.

all about respecting it I suppose. If your doin dmt on a regular basis for the right reasons and are comfortable in your heart and mind then each to their own.

my last journey was around 4 months ago although I am planning a pharma session for the coming weeksVery happy

much love Very happy
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

PREV12345NEXT