We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Salvia Options

Xstacy
#1 Posted : 5/10/2009 8:33:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay I admit I do not have an iron lung or nothing but I smoked 2 bowls of 20x (as best I could) and I could not keep that smoke in for nothing. It was rough and I didnt feel anything save a headache like 20 mins later.

Now the pipe I acquired is small and my partner with me said we should try it in a water pipe (cools the smoke and can rip it all at once). Maybe this is a solution, but I would like some comments from the community.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 5/10/2009 5:48:08 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Try a water pipe or a quid (just hold it in your lip).

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Big Inhale
#3 Posted : 5/10/2009 6:06:34 PM

The Enlightend One

salvia doesnt work for some people. I had some 15x that rocked everyone a friend tried it an nothing.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

HappyCamper
#4 Posted : 5/10/2009 7:55:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make yourself a waterfall bong and use a torch lighter. One big rip of that cool smoke and your gone.

Xstacy
#5 Posted : 5/11/2009 2:36:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:

Like dip?
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

Kannamate
#6 Posted : 5/11/2009 2:43:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes except don't spit until you are done and try not to let too much saliva accumulate.

VisualDistortion
#7 Posted : 5/11/2009 3:24:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kannamate wrote:
yes except don't spit until you are done and try not to let too much saliva accumulate.

What's your trick to not letting saliva accumulate. I've got an over-active salvitory gland so not spitting or swallowing my spit for 30 mins seems like an impossible task. Will it me me sick if I swallow it?
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Ginkgo
#8 Posted : 5/11/2009 3:49:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
What's your trick to not letting saliva accumulate. I've got an over-active salvitory gland so not spitting or swallowing my spit for 30 mins seems like an impossible task. Will it me me sick if I swallow it?

No, it will not make you sick if you swallow it. The swallowed Salvinorins will go straight through your digestive system as these substances is not orally active, apart from that there is nothing wrong with swallowing the plant or the plant juice.

I don't know how you could avoid spitting or swallowing, but I don't think it will be a problem if you just try to hold it as long as possible. Possibly up the dose a bit as some will go to waste when you swallow or spit. Maybe you could smoke some Cannabis to get the cottonmouth effect?

Kannamate
#9 Posted : 5/11/2009 4:12:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it's orally active, but takes a lot more compared to sublingually. Traditionally it was used as tea,or a quid. No you won't get sick,but the salvinorin needs to stay in your mouth to get absorbed the best.

jamie
#10 Posted : 5/11/2009 4:55:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

'Coatl wrote:

Dont hold it in you're lip...that's a poor method for sublingual absorbtion of salvinorin A. roll the leaves into a tight quid and place the quid at the back of the mouth, by you're wisdom teeth and lightly chew the quid, swallowing every few minutes or so. The salvinorin absorbs well at the back of the mouth, and needs to be chewed a bit to break up the cell walls.. It took me a while to finally figure our this method, but it works much better than under the tounge or in the lip like tobacco..

Also if it was so bad on youre lungs..concider another vendor next time, or better yet grow some and make you're own extract. I wouldnt trust most vendors withmy lungs to be using 100% safe solvents in the production of salvia extracts..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#11 Posted : 5/11/2009 5:10:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

There is also no way you need 2 bowls of 20x..thats rediculous(edit, I wonder if its even real 20x). No offence, but dont waste youre money man. LOTS of people dont get effects the first time, or even the first 5 times..but the reverse tolerancy is real, and it will work I guarantee you if you start low and and try every few days until you break through. Make sure you do it lying down inthe dark, no distracting pulsating music..smooth tonal music is good.

I remember smoking multiple hits of plain leaf years ago getting no effects other than fatigue and headache after..Than I got some 10x and brokethrough to one of the most intense and curious experience of my life to date. It was insane and I totally overdid my dose, just thankfuli even remember part of it. Dont want to discourage you, just suggesting you approach it differently. If you start lower and work youre way up, lowering youre tolerancy slowly, I think it allows you to take more in and build a more secure relationship with this plant..or any plant.

I smoke or quid salvia once or twice a week, often more, and my dosage for a full breakthrough(smoking with proper method) is about 3-400mg(.3g)..not much. I doubt I would even smoke 20x, my tolerance is waaayyy too low.

Also some believe that tolerance is relative to dosage..so with 20x, you could be only developing sensitivity to high dose salvinorin..whereas if one starts off with some plain leaf as first experiences, its like thats the base level dosage that the reverse tolerance curve works at...so less is more with salvia, over time.
Long live the unwoke.

trancepants
#12 Posted : 5/11/2009 8:33:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

60x is where it's at.
I can create anything with my mind. Including fiction, which this is.

Ginkgo
#13 Posted : 5/11/2009 8:57:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

trancepants wrote:
60x is where it's at.

For a very, very small group of people, something closer to 40-60x is needed. I am myself in this group of people, I have a very big tolerance for Salvinorin (and anything else that works on the opiod receptors, really). To go deep I must often smoke three or four hits of 20-40x.

The reverse tolerance is real, I have noticed it myself, but the fact that every mind reacts different to every substance is also real.

soulfood
#14 Posted : 5/11/2009 9:02:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

That shit makes me feel immense guilt. I'll be asking everyone what I've done... nothing apparently.

I highly recommend using a bong for salvia... but the come-on is weird. For me it's like nothing happening, nothing happening... nothing ha.... what? what's happened. Am I ok? Did I pass out? How did I get over here.... oh! yeah the salvia.

Tricked me again.

No more though... No more.

But yeah... pull slowly but surely. And stronger extracts help get the stuff in. I personally would drop a brick at the very thought of using over 20x. But I've known some people to smoke pure salvorin... fucking mad.

Big Inhale
#15 Posted : 5/11/2009 3:08:42 PM

The Enlightend One

If you quid it you should use some lemon juice juice to open the cell walls in your mouth first.Salvia is waxy and has a hard time getting through your mouth.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

soulfood
#16 Posted : 5/11/2009 3:11:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Big Inhale wrote:
If you quid it you should use some lemon juice juice to open the cell walls in your mouth first.Salvia is waxy and has a hard time getting through your mouth.

can you quid with extract?

I thought it was fresh leaf only?

Big Inhale
#17 Posted : 5/11/2009 3:21:45 PM

The Enlightend One

soulfood wrote:
Big Inhale wrote:

can you quid with extract?

I thought it was fresh leaf only?
I dont see why it wouldnt work.
RZA

None Of This Is Real!

'Coatl
#18 Posted : 5/11/2009 4:26:10 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Two pieces of advice for anybody interested in Salvia divinorum-

1) Get a Salvia divinorum plant and watch it grow

2) Use fresh leaf for a quid (it's more like mushrooms)
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Zero_Hour
#19 Posted : 5/11/2009 4:28:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Salvia should always be smoked (if smoking is chosen method) in a silent and completely dark room--meditation and clear intention and perfect preparation should be taken. One does not need a torch lighter or water pipe or any of that nonsense--SWIM uses a regular Bic lighter and a glass pipe with screen. Only a pinch of plant matter is needed. Keep flame on material until all burnt and try to get it all in one hit--it is pointless to take more than one inhale as you only have a few seconds of time frame to get in the dose before more becomes pointless--

Seibert's "Sage Wisdom" website is a must read for all salvia users.

As well, don't waste time and expecially money on absurd high extract--never need anything higher than 20x---SWIM broke through with regualr dry leaf the first time and has had MUCH MUCH stronger experiences with as low as 5x or 7x than with 20x...strength of extract is of no importance--what is of the utmost importance is set and setting and personal preparation and comfort prior and during. Comfortable clothing (sweat-pants, shirtless, whatever is best for you...even in the nude is great as goofy as it sounds), absolutely no light or sound...no possible distraction whatsoever. Best late at night between the hours of 2 and 4 AM (spirit world is most active at this time)...

Many will say use a sitter but SWIM believes this destract from the experience as you will feed off their energy as well and will be all wrong...for true soul searching one must be alone lounging comfortably in pure nothingness--

All things done correctly, Salvia can be quite possibly the strongest psychedelic experience you will ever know...do some experimenting and you can learn the trick to making the journey last much longer (SWIM timed himself at 47 minutes on his longest Salivinorin experience--by "timed" I mean noted the minute of ignition and then the minute of return to baseline)...sometime soon I will type up notes.

Unfortunately some are simply immune to the Salvinorin-A effect...sad I know
"You've got to be genuine...thats the name of this game. If you're real you've got nothing to worry about...but if you're synthetic, startin' tomorrow your balls come off"
--W.S. Burroughs

jamie
#20 Posted : 5/11/2009 5:12:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I honestly think that if you NEED 40x(after repeated trials), than its not real 40x.
Long live the unwoke.

123NEXT